Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9383819 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:40pm On May 13, 2017
martinz1:

I think so ,although i do receive otp for local quickteller transaction
If you're receiving for local transaction, then, it's not DND.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:40pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

Tweet at them, mail them or call their cc for assistance if you're still having OTP issues. Some don't get OTP after appealing.

Why do I need to call them, my card is working perfectly with d OTP, the OTP usually come when needed, except for two out of the 5 cards dt is saying the total order exceed d withdrawal limit. I will contact uba for that.

Mind u, nothing concern UBA cc with appeal and nothing concern Aliexpress cc with OTP. UBA can't treat appeal here in Nigeria and Aliexpress can solve d problem with OTP.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

Like seriously he is saying the fact. Every card supposed to request for OTP(per transaction) or token (same code for every transaction). Yours just still amazed me till today. It's not supposed to work without otp, it exposes u to fraud. If cards don't require otp or token, we even won't be using it because is too much of a risk to use cards without code. Which means, anyone that just see ur card can transfer money from ur account, without u being able to do anything until I contact ur bank. Like i said, ur case of not using otp or token is a mystery, and odas too not using token or otp. Pls, can u post a screenshot of the page u get to that doesn't require token or otp? We need to verify this.

Gptech, fibonacci2526, rookidmart, GrandMufti, Protein0, Dam5reey, noobody, iliyande, 40manlappy, write2obi et al
The GTbank card I use doesn't require OTP! Verified
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:45pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

I keep saying this, av used 2 cards on alixpress, I appealed the 2 cards and despite that, the card still requesting for OTP. May be some cards works without OTP I don't know and am not disputing that. But by telling people OTP is not necessary after appeal is what i don't understand.

See the attachment, av done d appeal 4 times on five cards, though, I used 2 out of the cards, and d 2 still requesting for OTP.
OTP has nothing to do with appeal na, it's an added security feature from your bank, not even Aliexpress, I never get to appeal any card, can use as much cards as possible just for a day, but I always get OTP in all transactions, imagine if there is no request for OTP, it means I can use people's money without their consent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2017
emaminaj:

jboixxx, gptech, princetom1, grandmufti, protein0, rookidmart, fibonacci2526, noobody....Una don see any village ppl wey strong pass this guy own??
Noobody dey worry am ooooo. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

Your post wasn't upto 10mins old, you're already complaining of no assistance Be careful with yourself.

Sorry sir.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 13, 2017
Am having great problem with new access bank account OTP! When is get to the visa authentication page it shows "you don't have an OTP option".
Have contact cc like 30times... No solution.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

Some apps will be affected sha. What's the essence of using a smartphone with background data disabled?
To get higher SOT na grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

Like seriously he is saying the fact. Every card supposed to request for OTP(per transaction) or token (same code for every transaction). Yours just still amazed me till today. It's not supposed to work without otp, it exposes u to fraud. If cards don't require otp or token, we even won't be using it because is too much of a risk to use cards without code. Which means, anyone that just see ur card can transfer money from ur account, without u being able to do anything until I contact ur bank. Like i said, ur case of not using otp or token is a mystery, and odas too not using token or otp. Pls, can u post a screenshot of the page u get to that doesn't require token or otp? We need to verify this.

Gptech, fibonacci2526, rookidmart, GrandMufti, Protein0, Dam5reey, noobody, iliyande, 40manlappy, write2obi et al

It happens that I encountered appeal when I tried to remove/replace the old ATM attached to my Ali account... Since then something of that nature do occur... But in my case, it only go straight without requiring otp when I perform transaction more than twice a day and transaction of little amount.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

Noobody dey worry am ooooo. grin

He actually don't understand the logic jare, I don't wait till I want to fund b4 I appeal, so that I won't have any unnecessary delay at the end of the day, I used to appeal ahead. Like the, three remaining card is standby for any quick funding confidently.... No be appeal go affect them again on Alixpress, it can be any other thing but no be appeal go delay me with those cards.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

Uwc sir, hope you already have the answer to the music player question, poweramp of course.

OLADO, you can try pi music, it works well for me. Or Sony music player (you will need a link to this one)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:51pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

Why do I need to call them, my card is working perfectly with d OTP, the OTP usually come when needed, except for two out of the 5 cards dt is saying the total order exceed d withdrawal limit. I will contact uba for that.

Mind u, nothing concern UBA cc with appeal and nothing concern Aliexpress cc with OTP. UBA can't treat appeal here in Nigeria and Aliexpress can solve d problem with OTP.
Exactly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:53pm On May 13, 2017
Noobody can attest to the fact that the cards on my new acct don't require otp both uba and gtb because I appealed them.... Without appeal your card would always require otp

@princetom1 aside my aliexpress acct , I get otp for other transcations

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:54pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

OTP has nothing to do with appeal na, it's an added security feature from your bank, not even Aliexpress, I never get to appeal any card, can use as much cards as possible just for a day, but I always get OTP in all transactions, imagine if there is no request for OTP, it means I can use people's money without their consent.
Exactly, otp or token is a must. Something is wrong somewhere for those not getting otp or are they using token and don't know?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:54pm On May 13, 2017
melorious4:

Mind, nothing concern UBA cc with appeal and nothing concern Aliexpress cc with OTP. UBA can't treat appeal here in Nigeria and Aliexpress can solve d problem with OTP.
Nothing concerns UBA with Appeal nor AliExpress with OTP but appealing is verification of card details given and as such, you can't get the requested documents without having authorization on such card(s). Also, MasterCard has records of the card owner and transactions made on such cards and AliExpress can't verify your details without MasterCard/your banker.

I've had this 'arguement' here with some of my bosses some months ago that I don't get OTP requests after appealing my cards and someone else testified to that from experience.

I still made transaction on Thursday without OTP. It might just be coincidence sha.
As I've said, if you're having issues with OTP, reach out to your banker.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:55pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:
Exactly.
OTP is generated by the merchant site not your bank....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:56pm On May 13, 2017
emaminaj:
Noobody can attest to the fact that the cards on my new acct don't require otp bother uba and gtb because I appealed them.... Without appeal your card would always require otp

@princetom1 aside my aliexpress acct , I get otp for other transcations

Well, according to MasterCard and Visa card and every oda card issuer, u were supposed to get otp or token. U not getting it, is a mystery. At least even if it's for the first time of using it daily, u were supposed to get. Am not disputing u didn't get. Next time, screenshot pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 9:00pm On May 13, 2017
hopsydboi:
Am having great problem with new access bank account OTP! When is get to the visa authentication page it shows "you don't have an OTP option".

Yea, that normally occurs only when you are yet to activate your otp in access Bank ATM or you attempted it severally when there is network issue. If you continue you may get debited
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:02pm On May 13, 2017
emaminaj:

OTP is generated by the merchant site not your bank....

Totally wrong. OTP is from the card issuer. Merchants has nothing to do with it, they can only add added security. Read this screenshot from first bank as sample

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 9:04pm On May 13, 2017
hopsydboi:

Just go to access bank ATM then input your pin, then click on change pin then choose change IPIN to create your IPIN

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:08pm On May 13, 2017
Emaminaj, take note of this screenshot from MasterCard itself, take note who it says issues otp and why and how many time needed.

As a matter of fact, if ur bank finds out u doing transactions without otp, ur card will be disabled (just confirmed that from a friend now who works in a bank )

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Septre: 9:08pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

My UBA card did not require me to enter OTP after i appealed the card for my last transaction on aliexpress. But before i appealed I got the option to enter OTP when i bought $10 alipocket
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:12pm On May 13, 2017
iliyande:

Yea, that normally occurs only when you are yet to activate your otp in access Bank ATM or you attempted it severally when there is network issue. If you continue you may get debited
You are right, had similar issue last year before activating ipin on the Atm, I forced the payment even though the page said, I didn't have OTP, they debited me, I made the order, but Aliexpress closed the order, and money was stuck with the bank.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 9:13pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:
Exactly, otp or token is a must. Something is wrong somewhere for those not getting otp or are they using token and don't know?

When I used a Dollar MasterCard to fund my Alipocket today, the transaction did not request for OTP. However, the two GTB cards that I earlier used always send OTP before I can complete each transaction.

Please note that I had appealed on the 3 cards.

cc: jboixxx, Gptech
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martinz1: 9:14pm On May 13, 2017
iliyande:

OK, UBA and otp get issue ooo Even UBA care staff are clueless about it.. I was in your shoe before. Send cancel to 2442 and c magic
it says cancel is invalid command txt allow or stop dnd
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:15pm On May 13, 2017
omoadeleye:

Just go to access bank ATM then input your pin, then click on change pin then choose change IPIN to create your IPIN
. Lovely, others who are opening new accounts with Access bank should take note, they require ipin, otherwise no OTP for you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 9:16pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

If you're receiving for local transaction, then, it's not DND.

I always receive otp from my access but when it comes to UBA otp no show ooo. When contacted cc they info me that their system shows that otp was generated but not delivered. That was when I deactivated my DND and the otp arrived.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2017
40manlappy:

When I used a Dollar MasterCard to fund my Alipocket today, the transaction did not request for OTP. However, the two GTB cards that I earlier used always send OTP before I can complete each transaction.

Maybe its because it's a dollar card.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 9:18pm On May 13, 2017
martinz1:

it says cancel is invalid command
txt allow or stop dnd

Dial *2442# and follow prompt
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngzedd(m): 9:20pm On May 13, 2017
Anyone using Xiaomi mi 6 here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 9:21pm On May 13, 2017
40manlappy:

Am not disputing these claims, am saying it's a mystery and abnormal.

Note that aliexpress can decline or accept a transaction bt it can not dictate the security features of ur card standard. It can only add security feature, like aliexpress is doing, to make u appeal. Master card has it security features in respect to its bank issuer and that security feature isn't something that should be bypass somehow. For all the right or wrong reasons

cc: emaminaj
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 9:24pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

Maybe its because it's a dollar card.

It's possible. By the way, tracker indicates that my phone case has arrived but the phone itself is still in the "air"! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (9327) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.