Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9281727 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2017
Youngzedd:
All this my Oga we full here, no body don buy this phone mi 6

Is it because it's ugly or lack of 3.5 mm jack or it's too small abi Weti?

I wan see Naija review.

Thought you were planning a review on the other thread... grin... 3.5mm jack is old school now... I prefer Bluetooth output from my Mi5..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2017
Youngzedd:

It's well. I am just waiting for the blue colour. I haven't seen it in stores.
Which colour you see for stores, manage the black na grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidimasters(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2017
But my account don enter appeal mode for more than 1 months now and I appealed but it was not lifted.... And with the appeal mode, I still ordered something this evening...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:46pm On May 13, 2017
Youngzedd:
All this my Oga we full here, no body don buy this phone mi 6

Is it because it's ugly or lack of 3.5 mm jack or it's too small abi Weti?

I wan see Naija review.

The phone is not ugly oooo and the size is quite perfect.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2017
fibonacci2526:

I still dey find land wey I go sell to buy am. grin grin
Make I kuku go fence my own before lipsrsealed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 9:50pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

I think only the banks know why there's discrepancy on OTP issuance during transaction.
Screenshot attached shows another buyer saying she didn't get OTP

I will ask the owner of the card to inquire from the bank.

On a lighter mood, this thread fit enter page 800 tomorrow o cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 9:58pm On May 13, 2017
Ok how do one check if its a mtk or SD version ese
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:00pm On May 13, 2017
kaymical:
My redmi note 3 fingerprint doesn't work, I have tried all I could but it doesn't work....I can't even find the application in the phone

Share screenshots of your rom version. And there is no app for the fingerprint. You only get it in settings.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngzedd(m): 10:11pm On May 13, 2017
Dam5reey:

Thought you were planning a review on the other thread... grin... 3.5mm jack is old school now... I prefer Bluetooth output from my Mi5..

It has type c 3.5 adapter. I heard it performed wonders.

Yeah, I wan do review but my guy said no blue colour for now. I fit change mind tomorrow land black next week sha.

I prefer the blue colour with golden chassis.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dukeo(m): 10:11pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

Hehehehe, na u dey find higher SOT na cheesy

I think I'll use single sim and see
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngzedd(m): 10:12pm On May 13, 2017
Dam5reey:

Saving for it... Abi you want to dash one out, Is Kulimart back?

The last time I checked, NOPE. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngzedd(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2017
Gptech:

Which colour you see for stores, manage the black na grin.
Black everywhere.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2017
Page 800 loading. Gptech, dash somebody that ur mi 6. My mi 6 plus won't get to naija until later, dem arrest the pilot for air (police station for air).

Who wanna buy me mi max 2. Dem don released am last week o, and na 150 usd. So expensive. Anybody wanna contribute to my ministry? Make una no let page 800 just fly by like that nau. Fibonacci2526, u there?
Write2obi, u don buy mi max 2? Theloveth, how far with ur villagers (DHL)?
Rookidmart is giving out a monitor for page 800, yayyyyyyy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngzedd(m): 10:15pm On May 13, 2017
fibonacci2526:

The phone is not ugly oooo and the size is quite perfect.

Absolutely, the size is perfect.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:19pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:
Page 800 loading. Gptech, dash somebody that ur mi 6. My mi 6 plus won't get to naija until later, dem arrest the pilot for air (police station for air).

Who wanna buy me mi max 2. Dem don released am last week o, and na 150 usd. So expensive. Anybody wanna contribute to my ministry? Make una no let page 800 just fly by like that nau. Fibonacci2526, u there?
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2017
Is it possible to appeal a card when aliexpress didn't request appeal? Although anytime I want buy alipocket, It always request for OTP and I always receive it but what I use to see is your bank consider the payment as unauthorized but I have tried to buy earpiece directly which was successful.

Do I need to appeal my card? And if yes, how do I go about it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 13, 2017
omoadeleye:

Just go to access bank ATM then input your pin, then click on change pin then choose change IPIN to create your IPIN
I have an I-PIN it not an issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:32pm On May 13, 2017
My bosses, this is the stand of GTB on OTP
cc: emaminaj, Princetom1, gptech, finobacci2526, Dam5reey and all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 10:33pm On May 13, 2017
hmmm....third party transactions....Issorait but some ppl receive and others don't, that's what ain't understanding
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donkafor(m): 10:39pm On May 13, 2017
OTP or No OTP... MY OBSERVATION

I used my UBA Mastercard for two different transactions: Paying for item directly and buying Alipocket

OTP was sent when buying Alipocket but was not sent when paying directly (transaction successful)

Conclusion: Since Alipay is secure, it seems OTP is not required when paying for goods directly.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:42pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

Clueless customer cares. This doesn't still answer the question. Majority require otp, only few doesn't, WHY?
There are a million oda platforms we buy goods , especially paying online locally which is also a third party transaction.
Someone need some serious explanation to do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2017
iliyande:

Yea, that normally occurs only when you are yet to activate your otp in access Bank ATM or you attempted it severally when there is network issue. If you continue you may get debited

And I went to the bank to activate OTP. , Tweeted cc like an 100 times.. it is not working yet.
I think they not brilliant on how to technically treat my two account with them. I use to have a target savings account, which doesn't even have a card, before creating thithis standard savings. I am tired for them already!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:45pm On May 13, 2017
donkafor:
OTP or No OTP... MY OBSERVATION

I used my UBA Mastercard for two different transactions: Paying for item directly and buying Alipocket

OTP was sent when buying Alipocket but was not sent when paying directly (transaction successful)

Conclusion: Since Alipay is secure, it seems OTP is not required when paying for goods directly.

You just made sense.
All those saying they don't receive otp, have they all verified their alipay account? Alipay(PayPal substitute) works like PayPal and PayPal doesn't require otp after u have finish registering with PayPal. But yet, same account receive sometimes and doesn't sometimes, that still leaves a question mark

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 10:51pm On May 13, 2017
hopsydboi:

And I went to the bank to activate OTP. , Tweeted cc like an 100 times.. it is not working yet.
I think they not brilliant on how to technically treat my two account with them. I use to have a target savings account, which doesn't even have a card, before creating thithis standard savings. I am tired for them already!

Was it successful when you did?
You re-activate the ipin again and change your password
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 13, 2017
iliyande:

Was it successful when you did?
You re-activate the ipin again and change your password
It was successful o. When I want to pay online, I get to the I-PIN authentication page, input I-PIN and then it takes me to the "you do not have an OTP option.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2017
hopsydboi:

It was successful o. When I want to pay online, I get to the I-PIN authentication page, input I-PIN and then it takes me to the "you do not have an OTP option.

Go to their ATM and reactivate it again. Same thing happened to me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:30pm On May 13, 2017
Youngzedd:
Anyone using Xiaomi mi 6 here

Yes

But in my dreams

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:36pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

Welcome back bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2017
princetom1:

You just made sense.
All those saying they don't receive otp, have they all verified their alipay account? Alipay(PayPal substitute) works like PayPal and PayPal doesn't require otp after u have finish registering with PayPal. But yet, same account receive sometimes and doesn't sometimes, that still leaves a question mark

Dis is making sense.... Checking the email that was sent to me from aliexpress asking I add additional documents I saw that the mail was from service@mail.alipay.com and after it it showed me that my account details have been verified and appeal accepted.... Should this be it??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 11:42pm On May 13, 2017
jboixxx:

I once used a friend's gtb card to buy alipocket, that first transaction (first ever online transaction on that card ), no otp was used. Since then sha, it has never failed to pop up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 11:43pm On May 13, 2017
ubev01:

Welcome back bro

Thanks boss. Na dem dem o. It's OK sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 12:19am On May 14, 2017
please I have UBA visacard can I use it for payment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.