Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9175213 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8062) (8063) (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dilly55:

I have received this update on my redmi note8 and I tried downloading it with my mobile network but it won't download. Any other way please

Download Manually and install
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
jboixxx:
No way except you wan tweak!

Really? And one can't even convert the sdcard to internal memory right?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2020
Trex4:
What's your ping on COD mobile? Like mms? Also drop your handle lemme add you. I really need teammates for Ranked Multiplayer. Stuck at Master II rank.

cheesy

Same here, bro. I'm stuck at Master rank 2 and even got deranked to rank 1 today.

MustyBobby.

Add me up.

Mind you, I only play multiplayer o. I don't like Battle Royale.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by borntoexcel2000(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Good Afternoon, my Xiaomi Mi 9 was stolen although it’s been tracked, am just thinking of a replacement but so confused
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
Obedinho130:
does redmi note 9s have front flash and also led notification light

Only LED notification light.

Light screen up feature on Gcam works great for night selfies though.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

Download Manually and install

Ok... where do I download it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by simplytemmie: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
What xiaomi phone with 64gb, good camera and battery can i get for 60k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dilly55:

Ok... where do I download it

If you are on V11.0.11.0 Use the link below. Remove spaces.
https:// bigota. d.miui. com/V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM/miui-blockota-ginkgo_global-V11.0.11.0.PCOMIXM-V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM-a0ac2f3c57-9.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

If you are on V11.0.11.0 Use the link below. Remove spaces.
https:// bigota. d.miui. com/V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM/miui-blockota-ginkgo_global-V11.0.11.0.PCOMIXM-V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM-a0ac2f3c57-9.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
honsule:

i have a tecno 3 sims . cheesy cheesy shocked shocked
Oga sir, that tecno nr b wife ooo, na grandma grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

Oga sir, that tecno nr b wife ooo, na grandma grin.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Grandma sabi take care of pikin very well grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
honsule:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Grandma sabi take care of pikin very well grin
I give up sir, your mind is made up grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hi guys, just got my dream phone "Redmi Note 9s" today and I've been slightly struggling with getting around a bit(due to d fact of being a Transsion user)

There's this app I use on my previous phone. It is a sort of shortcut to launch apps/widgets just by sliding and choosing which app you want. It's like a pill shaped button usually beside a phone screen. I can't seem to remember the name. And finding it on this phone is kinda exhausting(don't know if it has been scrapped by Android 10??).....mehn Mi setup is quite different from Transsion. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
Abeg I need a cheap screen guard..for my redmi 9...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

Wipe data you will lose everything. Update your phone and disable find my device
The find device closed unexpectedly has started again..
I don't want to factory reset again because I have transferred all my files from my previous phone and I have sold my old phone already..
This phone is 2 days old..
Redmi 9c
Pls what do I do?..
It keeps restarting every 10 secs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
Luckydonalds:

The find device closed unexpectedly has started again..
I don't want to factory reset again because I have transferred all my files from my previous phone and I have sold my old phone already..
This phone is 2 days old..
Redmi 9c
Pls what do I do?..
It keeps restarting every 10 secs

Didn't I ask you to disable it?

I remember telling you wipe data, disable find my device and update your phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

Didn't I ask you to disable it?

I remember telling you wipe data, disable find my device and update your phone.
I disabled find my device already..It's OFF..
Wipe data(I factory resetted it 2 days ago)
My MIUI version is 12.0.5(Didn't have data to upgrade it)
Pls is there any solution ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I disabled find my device already..It's OFF..
Wipe data(I factory resetted it 2 days ago)
My MIUI version is 12.0.5(Didn't have data to upgrade it)
Pls is there any solution ?

If you disabled it, you won't encounter that problem anymore. If it persists, return the phone and ask for a replacement.

Disable is different from "OFF"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

If you disabled it, you won't encounter that problem anymore. If it persists, return the phone and ask for a replacement.

Disable is different from "OFF"
How do I disable it..
Since it's different

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Luckydonalds:

How do I disable it..
Since it's different

This is not what I asked you to do. You should have asked if you didn't understand.

Go to settings>apps>manage apps(Here click the three dots at the upper right corner and enable system apps)>search "find device" or find my device and disable it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
abduleez1:
Hi guys, just got my dream phone "Redmi Note 9s" today and I've been slightly struggling with getting around a bit(due to d fact of being a Transsion user)

There's this app I use on my previous phone. It is a sort of shortcut to launch apps/widgets just by sliding and choosing which app you want. It's like a pill shaped button usually beside a phone screen. I can't seem to remember the name. And finding it on this phone is kinda exhausting(don't know if it has been scrapped by Android 10??).....mehn Mi setup is quite different from Transsion. wink
Go to settings and type 'quick ball' in the search bar. I think that's what you're looking for.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
lagosboy3:

Landed!!!

Worthy replacement for my Mi 9.

Shot on Mi 9 ultra-wide camera vs shot on Mi 10T ultra-wide camera.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
lagosboy3:

This shows the improvement in Xiaomi's camera algorithm within the past year

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obedinho130: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mustiboy:

Only LED notification light.

Light screen up feature on Gcam works great for night selfies though.
how is the battery dear. I no dy joke with battery life oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odiaze(m): 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please is the xiaomi poco m3 in nigeria, how much is the 4gig ram/128gb rom variant, also where can i see it to buy in nigeria. THANKS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

This shows the improvement in Xiaomi's camera algorithm within the past year
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Gptech:

Go to settings and type 'quick ball' in the search bar. I think that's what you're looking for.

Yep, I saw quickball earlier but it doesn't exactly work like what I use previously.

I'll check again when I get home though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

This is not what I asked you to do. You should have asked if you didn't understand.

Go to settings>apps>manage apps(Here click the three dots at the upper right corner and enable system apps)>search "find device" or find my device and disable it.
I'm trying to do it but before I am able to do so,,it reboots but I'll keep trying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
lagosboy3:

2x zoom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Odiaze:
Please is the xiaomi poco m3 in nigeria,
how much is the 4gig ram/128gb rom variant,
also where can i see it to buy in nigeria.
THANKS

You can't see it sorry. The brand POCO is not officially in the Nigeria Market.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by torchlight1: 6:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Good evening guys, I was trying to download the latest update yesterday, but my data finished midway, I just saw the raw file now, 2.01gb in size in the downloaded_rom folder, will the download resume or will it start all over again ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
torchlight1:
Good evening guys, I was trying to download the latest update yesterday, but my data finished midway, I just saw the raw file now, 2.01gb in size in the downloaded_rom folder, will the download resume or will it start all over again ?

It should resume.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8062) (8063) (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NeoWanZaeed(m), suffy834(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.