Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9232545 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8063) (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) (8069) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by torchlight1: 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

It should resume.

Alright, thanks bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
Remmedy:
Please see the crack on the camera glass it's creating a slight reflection in my photos ....
Someone said it can be fixed from the outside I don't think it's possible a technician said It has to be loosed.... I don't want to open my one week old phone .... Has anyone expirenced this ?

It doesn't have to be opened. It is just to remove the glass covering it and replace with a new one. You can even see the separation from the outside. That person probably don't know what to do.

Let's wait for others that have changed theirs sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jeffy1206(m): 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
jurrsh:

I have but you would have to repair the screen
nope
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odiaze(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
@genius43, so when will the poco brand be officially available in nigeria, so i can wait till then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Odiaze:
@genius43, so when will the poco brand be officially available in nigeria, so i can wait till then.

Oga, that is not happening soon. I don't work Poco neither do I work Xiaomi to know when Poco brand will be registered and incorporated into the Nigerian Market.

My advice however is you either order from AliExpress (And hope it comes), you wait for sellers on the Thread store brings it in(One had already said some are on the way), or you hope Xiaomi releases it as a Redmi variant like they are about to do in India so it can be sold in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Odiaze:

Bros you can't see Poco in Nigeria..... I don't think the brand is geared towards Africa(Nigeria).

You can only get it through Amazon or AliExpress as genius adviced. The Poco Brand seems mainly geared towards Indian (& southeast Asia)market.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PureMe01: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

Oga, that is not happening soon. I don't work Poco neither do I work Xiaomi to know when Poco brand will be registered and incorporated into the Nigerian Market.

My advice however is you either order from AliExpress (And hope it comes), you wait for sellers on the Thread store brings it in(One had already said some are on the way), or you hope Xiaomi releases it as a Redmi variant like they are about to do in India so it can be sold in Nigeria.
grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Remmedy:
Please see the crack on the camera glass it's creating a slight reflection in my photos ....
Someone said it can be fixed from the outside I don't think it's possible a technician said It has to be loosed.... I don't want to open my one week old phone .... Has anyone expirenced this ?

I just had this chat with someone that bought the replacement glass from me last month.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
Meister:

I just had this chat with someone that bought the replacement glass from me last month.

Okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

This is not what I asked you to do. You should have asked if you didn't understand.

Go to settings>apps>manage apps(Here click the three dots at the upper right corner and enable system apps)>search "find device" or find my device and disable it.
I have no option but to factory reset again..
I have now factory resetted but disable is not clickable in find my device..
Pls confirm if it's disabled with the screenshot

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I have no option but to factory reset again..
I have now factory resetted but disable is not clickable in find my device..
Pls confirm if it's disabled with the screenshot

Try to update your phone first, let's see
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Meister:

I been come think say I no Sabi the phone again ooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

I'll do night browsing to update it..
How much data would be okay?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I'll do night browsing to update it..
How much data would be okay?

The size of the OTA plus 10% if you aren't doing anything else incase.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

It doesn't have to be opened. It is just to remove the glass covering it and replace with a new one. You can even see the separation from the outside. That person probably don't know what to do.

Let's wait for others that have changed theirs sha.
I kuku told him no need to pry the phone. Camera glasses are fixed using adhesive, so, heating it at a good temp will do the trick.

Edit:
Good thing is, the replacement unit will come with its adhesive, na just to place an with a lil pressure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

I been come think say I no Sabi the phone again ooo.
Something he can DIY sef. The technician just wan collect him money na....as pa not a common device thingy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
jboixxx:
I kuku told him no need to pry the phone. Camera glasses are fixed using adhesive, so, heating it at a good temp will do the trick.

If not fear and lack of tools, it is something he can do himself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
jboixxx:
Something he can DIY sef. The technician just wan collect him money na....as pa not a common device thingy.

Exactly, the technician na probably na does kind trial and error technician, by the time error come dey next thing you go hear na why you go buy this kind phone

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

The size of the OTA plus 10% if you aren't doing anything else incase.
How do I know the size of the OTA?..
I don't even know what's OTA
I intend to buy 1GB..
Should I buy more?
Pardon my questions pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
genius43:

Exactly, the technician na probably na does kind trial and error technician, by the time error come dey next thing you go hear na why you go buy this kind phone
grin grin grin. Even if he must open it (if that's easier for him), plastic prying tools will do the trick without any defect on the chassis.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
So how is pictures been taken at night or in a dark place with front camera
Gptech:

mathefaro already answered your question, there's no front flash but there's a notification led.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I intend to buy 1GB..
Should I buy more?
Pardon my questions pls
The size is always indicated on the Update info.
OTA - Over the air
Buy 3GB if it's a major update.

The highlighted number in the below screenshot is the size (2.3GB). If to update, better to have ≥2.5GB data avail.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
kemshade:
So how is pictures been taken at night or in a dark place with front camera
Screen flash or you provide/use the surrounding light!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ok, thanks
jboixxx:
Screen flash or you provide/use the surrounding light!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlamedy(m): 11:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pls anyone that can help me in unlock note8 bootloader. I av put up the same request at Xiaomi tweak too with no reply
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I intend to buy 1GB..
Should I buy more?
Pardon my questions pls

When you click on the OTA notification the size is s always there if you see eg. 600M(600MB), 2.5G(GB).

I can't tell you update size because update size is per device and how many updates you are behind on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:23am On Dec 12, 2020
horlamedy:
Pls anyone that can help me in unlock note8 bootloader. I av put up the same request at Xiaomi tweak too with no reply

Go through that thread, steps to unlock bootloader is there, there is no special steps per device. You can as well use Google.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 12:28am On Dec 12, 2020
genius43:

If you are on V11.0.11.0 Use the link below. Remove spaces.
https:// bigota. d.miui. com/V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM/miui-blockota-ginkgo_global-V11.0.11.0.PCOMIXM-V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM-a0ac2f3c57-9.0.zip

How to manually update..

Go to Settings > About phone > System update.

If tapping the 3-dot button shows the “Choose update package” option, click on that and choose the downloaded ROM from your internal storage or SD card. In case you don’t find the “Choose update package” option from the 3-dot menu, tap on the MIUI 11/12 logo inside the “System update” page several times. A prompt will then show that additional updater settings are now available. Now you can tap on Choose update package and select the MIUI 11/12 update file

That’s it. The system will start decrypting the file and install it automatically for you. Wait for it to finish the process, which may take 10-30 mins

Data should be on during the decryption process

I have download the file but when I select the package it decrypt and went off,when it came on again it was bringing Error applying update.

Is it because I am currently in 11.0.3.0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 12:37am On Dec 12, 2020
horlamedy:

E get why grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 12:53am On Dec 12, 2020
genius43:

I have updated my MIUI version to 12.0.7
The disable option in find device is still unclickable..
What do I do next so that it doesn't repeat again?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Qsand: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2020
Guys, roughly how much I mint redmi note 8

(1) (2) (3) ... (8063) (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) (8069) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.