Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9294560 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) (8069) (8070) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:47am On Dec 12, 2020
Qsand:
Guys, roughly how much I mint redmi note 8
Xiaomi Thread Store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by blacqueen(f): 2:31am On Dec 12, 2020
Hello House, pls help my apps are saying 'not responding on my redmi note 8. The issue just started yesterday. Somebody should help me pls.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 2:56am On Dec 12, 2020
I tried copying some files from my phone to my external hard drive using the otg adapter but it came up with an error that file system are read only as can be seen in the image below. Does it mean to successfully copy and paste between my phone and hard drive via otg adapter that I'll have to format the hard drive?
Am using note 9 pro with miui 12.
Am using solid explorer pro with the otg plugin installed.
Please, I need an advice on this.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 4:41am On Dec 12, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I have updated my MIUI version to 12.0.7
The disable option in find device is still unclickable..
What do I do next so that it doesn't repeat again?

Go to settings> Mi Account > Devices > *your phone*> Find Device

There you'll see option to turn it off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 5:20am On Dec 12, 2020
sunnypresh11:

Price sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:50am On Dec 12, 2020
Dilly55:

I have download the file but when I select the package it decrypt and went off,when it came on again it was bringing Error applying update.

Is it because I am currently in 11.0.3.0

That was why I said if you are on 11.0.11.0, next time to avoid this post a Screenshot of your current about page containing your ROM Version. The only thing you can do now is to install a full recovery ROM.
https:// bigota.d.miui. com/V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM/miui_GINKGOGlobal_V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM_912960e1fc_9.0.zip

Use a download manager like ADM Pro or IDM+ Pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:52am On Dec 12, 2020
explosiveskull:
I tried copying some files from my phone to my external hard drive using the otg adapter but it came up with an error that file system are read only as can be seen in the image below. Does it mean to successfully copy and paste between my phone and hard drive via otg adapter that I'll have to format the hard drive?
Am using note 9 pro with miui 12.
Am using solid explorer pro with the otg plugin installed.
Please, I need an advice on this.

NTFS hardly works both ways. I was surprised mine worked both ways on Rn9S but haven't done so on any other phone.

Also I hope there is no Operating System installed on that hard drive?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2020
blacqueen:
Hello House, pls help my apps are saying 'not responding on my redmi note 8. The issue just started yesterday. Somebody should help me pls.

Force restart your phone by holding power button for 15 seconds
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunnypresh11: 7:11am On Dec 12, 2020
Deeni131:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by torchlight1: 7:28am On Dec 12, 2020
torchlight1:
Good evening guys, I was trying to download the latest update yesterday, but my data finished midway, I just saw the raw file now, 2.01gb in size in the downloaded_rom folder, will the download resume or will it start all over again ?

The download continued from where it stopped.

Cc genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2020
torchlight1:

The download continued from where it stopped.

Cc genius43

I told you

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luckydonalds(m): 7:32am On Dec 12, 2020
Osyxcel:

Go to settings> Mi Account > Devices > *your phone*> Find Device

There you'll see option to turn it off.
I believe I've done everything to stop find device closed..
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UPDATED2020: 7:34am On Dec 12, 2020
So even the note 9pro doesnt have front flash for selfie also
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2020
UPDATED2020:
So even the note 9pro doesnt have front flash for selfie also

Apart from Tecno and infinix budget devices with poor sensors. No OEM uses Front Flash again. If you are looking for flash on front facing cameras then you are leaving in the past.

Phones use there display as flash these days

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 7:55am On Dec 12, 2020
genius43:

NTFS hardly works both ways. I was surprised mine worked both ways on Rn9S but haven't done so on any other phone.

Also I hope there is no Operating System installed on that hard drive?
That is it, it is the hard drive of one of my faulty laptops so the operating system is still installed in it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dilly55: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2020
genius43:

That was why I said if you are on 11.0.11.0, next time to avoid this post a Screenshot of your current about page containing your ROM Version. The only thing you can do now is to install a full recovery ROM.
https:// bigota.d.miui. com/V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM/miui_GINKGOGlobal_V11.0.12.0.PCOMIXM_912960e1fc_9.0.zip

Use a download manager like ADM Pro or IDM+ Pro

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:12am On Dec 12, 2020
explosiveskull:

That is it, it is the hard drive of one of my faulty laptops so the operating system is still installed in it.

You need to remove the operating system and grant it privileges or copy out the contents and format the hard drive and try again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2020
genius43:

You need to remove the operating system and grant it privileges or copy out the contents and format the hard drive and try again.
Ok thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammedbashir(m): 9:58am On Dec 12, 2020
mathefaro:
Redmi note 9s has no front flash and it does have a tiny notification light at the bottom of the screen. It's been such a long time since I saw a phone with front flash

Bottom or top?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shakiratemma(f): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2020
Good day ya'll.
Please no update to MIUI 12 for note 8 yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Shakiratemma:
Good day ya'll.
Please no update to MIUI 12 for note 8 yet
Download from here. Choose appropriately or wait till your updater prompts you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 10:27am On Dec 12, 2020
Luckydonalds:

I believe I've done everything to stop find device closed..
Thanks
hi brother, is this EU ROM?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2020
@genius43 do I need to update all the system apps the phone is prompting me for or I update specific important ones?

Also if I update to MIUI 12 am I going to have at least up to Google security patch for October. Or I'm still going to download month by month which I've skipped since I just bought the phone??

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:16am On Dec 12, 2020
abduleez1:
@genius43 do I need to update all the system apps the phone is prompting me for or I update specific important ones?

Also if I update to MIUI 12 am I going to have at least up to Google security patch for October. Or I'm still going to download month by month which I've skipped since I just bought the phone??

Update all apps, why select some?

You get the security patch that comes with the ROM

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abduleez1(m): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2020
genius43:

Update all apps, why select some?

You get the security patch that comes with the ROM

Ok thanks man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phraences: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
Seems Xiaomi phones have a lot of issue cos ba only complaints full this place.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Phraences: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2020
abduleez1:
Hi guys, just got my dream phone "Redmi Note 9s" today and I've been slightly struggling with getting around a bit(due to d fact of being a Transsion user)

There's this app I use on my previous phone. It is a sort of shortcut to launch apps/widgets just by sliding and choosing which app you want. It's like a pill shaped button usually beside a phone screen. I can't seem to remember the name. And finding it on this phone is kinda exhausting(don't know if it has been scrapped by Android 10??).....mehn Mi setup is quite different from Transsion. wink

How is it going so far?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samsimple(m): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
I know this is not related to Xiaomi. But please is anyone using Nokia 5.3 here. Just want to know more about it before I buy one for my sister. I have read the spec online. But I want a review from someone using it currently. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
Phraences:
How come we have over 8000 pages, think well wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Gptech:

How come we have over 8000 pages, think well wink.

LOL. Not only complaints. Some pages just adverts, others discussion/gists.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by honsule(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Phraences:

LOL. Not only complaints. Some pages just adverts, others discussion/gists. Have u gone through the first 400 pages Give it a trial and get a balance view

(1) (2) (3) ... (8064) (8065) (8066) (8067) (8068) (8069) (8070) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.