Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9184143 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8119) (8120) (8121) (8122) (8123) (8124) (8125) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Samyd18: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Nigerians have a blame avoidance culture that is almost pathologic. So deeply ingrained.

What is "my phone fell"? In all my years, I have never seen an inanimate object move by itself.

Even Sir Isaac Newton famously said all bodies will remain at rest until acted upon by an external force.

That means the owner or someone else dropped the damn thing. I dropped my phone, my child dropped my phone. Not it fell. Assigning the blame to an object that cannot defend itself.

Sometimes the external force can be within the body
Lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2021
Samyd18:

Sometimes the external force can be within the body
Lol

That is if it is placed on a surface where potential energy/kinetic energy can take effect on the body of the phone e.g the edge of a table or an unstable surface where friction would be useless to stop it from freefall.

That being said, it is not the fault of the phone for being placed so carelessly.

People should learn to take better care of their devices.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
Swichnerd:
Good day guys... Pls my RN9s fell down yesterday, and I noticed I couldn't hear the person am calling, whenever am on call. Pls any possible solution?

Try to hard restart it first
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TheBoy1740: 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Nigerians have a blame avoidance culture that is almost pathologic. So deeply ingrained.

What is "my phone fell"? In all my years, I have never seen an inanimate object move by itself.

Even Sir Isaac Newton famously said all bodies will remain at rest until acted upon by an external force.

That means the owner or someone else dropped the damn thing. I dropped my phone, my child dropped my phone. Not it fell. Assigning the blame to an object that cannot defend itself.

It's just an expression, no one is blaming the phone for falling down
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2021
TheBoy1740:

It's just an expression, no one is blaming the phone for falling down

It's not just a mere assertion/expression.

I noticed this when as a JAMBITE in 2010, I was teaching at a primary school and whenever something went wrong, the kids were very quick to blame the object.

Me: Anthony what happened?

Anthony: Teacher I don't know, the book just tore.

Me (in disbelief): the book just tore itself?

Anthony (shrugs): I don't know, the book was there, then the next thing, it was torn.

Or

One would come to report that Nathaniel knocked over his water bottle.

Nathaniel: Sir it's not me, I was passing and the water bottle fell. I didn't touch it.

Why do kids go through all these motions?

Simple, fear of punishment or taking the blame at the very least.

And then we grow up with this mindset and it becomes "normal".

On this page, for the past two years, the kind of stuff we've seen.

Good example:

I don't know what happened to my phone, it just became bright/dark all of a sudden.

Obvious reason: Auto brightness enabled.

Another one is my phone just fell.

The worst one was "my phone was updating I now pressed the power button, now I don't know what is wrong with the phone. It just refused to start."

20 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
victormartyn:
Neatly used RN9pro

Please advertise on the Xiaomi thread store. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by victormartyn(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Please advertise on the Xiaomi thread store. Thank you.

Okay, Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Redmi Note 5 Global ROM has gotten MIUI 12 Stable Beta
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
Meister:

Try to hard restart it first
Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
jboixxx:
Slap the shit out of it. Lol.
Thanks it's nw working. After I slapped the shit out of it grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
genius43:
Redmi Note 5 Global ROM has gotten MIUI 12 Stable Beta

Congratulations oh.

Are you using our iPhone-esqe control center?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Charlie2020(f): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please I need a recommendation for a xiaomi phone with a higher spec than Mi 9T for a budget of 100K
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2021
Team don't ask if it is safe to update.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
Charlie2020:
Please I need a recommendation for a xiaomi phone with a higher spec than Mi 9T for a budget of 100K
Even if you see a Mi 9T today to buy, you'll spend at least 135k for the 128gig model. Things are expensive now, for your quest you need to almost double your budget.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2021
atheistandproud:

Bro grin grin grin calm down ffs, grin grin, jeez, this cracked me up so bad grin grin, easy grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mystiq25(m): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
genius43:

Note 5? Wow! Any hope for redmi 8a?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Mystiq25:
Note 5? Wow! Any hope for redmi 8a?

It will get but I can't say when.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmysky(m): 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
Guys anyone know where I can get this accessory?

Cc jboixxx, gidiberry

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by deno1: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Na waooo redmi parts just dey like samsung for us here for north haaaaa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2021
deno1:
Na waooo redmi parts just dey like samsung for us here for north haaaaa
Tell us more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by deno1: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
imagine you cant find a redmi screen here in a any store,if u find its either its not compatible with your phone or it freeze now you will have to waybill the fone to someone down south imagine if the screen is 20k waybill probably 10k too n fro 20k you practically spent 40k for just screen
jboixxx:
Tell us more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2021
Emmysky:
Guys anyone know where I can get this accessory?

Cc jboixxx
I don't have this but 3.5mm Jack to Type-C.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
deno1:
imagine you cant find a redmi screen here in a any store,if u find its either its not compatible with your phone or it freeze now you will have to waybill the fone to someone down south imagine if the screen is 20k waybill probably 10k too n fro 20k you practically spent 40k for just screen
Nah! Waybill 10k? Where's that? DHL won't even bill up to that. Macbeyland is there for battery and display units and his delivery fee is reasonable.

NIPOST is there for your waybill too. Na just token.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by deno1: 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
bros e shock me when i go waybill dem say 10k maybe cause its festive period or so ont just know why e high
jboixxx:
Nah! Waybill 10k? Where's that? DHL won't even bill up to that. Macbeyland is there for battery and display units and his delivery fee is reasonable.

NIPOST is there for your waybill too. Na just token.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmysky(m): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
jboixxx:
I don't have this but 3.5mm Jack to Type-C.
Saw like 50 of those here sad need that other one. Btw do u have kz zsn pro yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2021
Emmysky:
Saw like 50 of those here sad need that other one. Btw do u have kz zsn pro yet?
Nah, probably next week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
deno1:
bros e shock me when i go waybill dem say 10k maybe cause its festive period or so ont just know why e high
Nigerians way! Exploiting and extorting!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
Team kz zsn pro

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2021
Charlie2020:

None. Increase your budget by at least 50-60k more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2021
genius43:

Hope dey for Redmi 7a then.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
fibonacci2526:

Hope dey for Redmi 7a then.

Redmi 7a is very likely to get MIUI 12

(1) (2) (3) ... (8119) (8120) (8121) (8122) (8123) (8124) (8125) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.