Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9213090 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8265) (8266) (8267) (8268) (8269) (8270) (8271) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chikizzy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
Respect to genuis43 it's available , location computer village ikeja chat me up on whatsapp
Thazard:

Is the note 10 out now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mcslize: 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
My Google play app isn't responding on my Redmi note 9 pro whenever I launch it to access Google play.

As it stands now, I can't download any app from Google play cuz it refuses to launch. It's saying no internet. But my internet is always on.

What could be wrong? What's the way around this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2021
genius43:

You are in the last year of your support so it is normal.

After MIUI 11, RN5 and 6 Pro didn't see any update till MIUI 12. So wait it out MIUI 13 might be your next and last update

I will have to wait and see how it goes. no plans to change the phone even in 2022
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mcslize:
My Google play app isn't responding on my Redmi note 9 pro whenever I launch it to access Google play.

As it stands now, I can't download any app from Google play cuz it refuses to launch. It's saying no internet. But my internet is always on.

Clear storage/cache and reboot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hazel01(f): 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
my redmi note 8 is not casting to my TV. it used to work before, suddenly it started skipping on the TV when i am watching videos or playing music. I thought its because i have not updated my phone, i did that and its still the same. It still skips and just stop suddenly. My husband's samsung phone casts perfectly with the TV. he has started mocking me for buying xiaomi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mcslize: 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
GrandMufti:

Thanks but Google Play store still didn't work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mcslize:

Check if you have restricted internet access to it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2021
kolardzy:

Hi boss
I'm on 12.0.3, I just got the update notification for the 12.0.4 update. Any significant improvement or drop in performance?
None... I didn't notice any.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:
my redmi note 8 is not casting to my TV. it used to work before, suddenly it started skipping on the TV when i am watching videos or playing music. I thought its because i have not updated my phone, i did that and its still the same. It still skips and just stop suddenly. My husband's samsung phone casts perfectly with the TV. he has started mocking me for buying xiaomi

Which TV model and what phone model?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mcslize:

Thanks but Google Play store still didn't work.

What exactly did you do?

GrandMufti:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mcslize: 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
GrandMufti:

What exactly did you do?

Nothing. It's been working before now. Though the last time I downloaded an app from Google store was 2 months ago.

I decided to download an app for my bank and it's not connecting.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hazel01(f): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
genius43:

redmi note 8 and LG uhd smart tv
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mcslize:

Nothing. It's been working before now. Though the last time I downloaded an app from Google store was 2 months ago.

I decided to download an app for my bank and it's not connecting.

Checked if you restricted internet access for your playstore.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LegalRambles(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:

Xiaomi wants to spoil this sweet marriage. Madam you should have bought an infinix or even better the Samsung your husband adviced you to buy.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LegalRambles(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
genius43:

Does it matter?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hazel01(f): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
LegalRambles:

Xiaomi wants to spoil this sweet marriage. Madam you should have bought an infinix or even better the Samsung your husband adviced you to buy.
its just friendly banters...calm down
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:
redmi note 8 and LG uhd smart tv

Go to settings, apps, manage apps, search for Cast, clear data and try again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LegalRambles(m): 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:
its just friendly banters...calm down

Alright madam, I was very worried when I initially read your comment. Just do the needful as soon as possible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hazel01(f): 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
genius43:

Go to settings, apps, manage apps, search for Cast, clear data and try again.
cast is not under manage apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:
cast is not under manage apps

Wow, maybe because of different phones and android Versions.
Have you used the cast feature since you upgraded to Android 10?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hazel01(f): 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
genius43:

Wow, maybe because of different phones and android Versions.
Have you used the cast feature since you upgraded to Android 10?
yes, it skipped and stopped casting after a minute
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:

I know some phones had this issue with cast in Android 10.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:

Cc: Gptech.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Akonice007(m): 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kindly help me as all my applications started shutting down one after the other.
I am using redmi note 8 upgraded to android 10. It all started on Tuesday when I wanted to use one app and it kept on forcing close until I deleted that app. Since then, it has started affecting other apps on my phone and getting tired of it.
Pls what can I do, I av used default anti virus to scan my phone but didn't discover any threat.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
Reader530:
Good day Redmi fans. I have two little challenges; Though, the second one is not a challenge but need an advancement.
1. The first challenge is; whenever I snap with my Redmi note 9 pro, the image will be clear and more clear after the edit but when I upload on WhatsApp status or Facebook, the image quality depreciates.
2. Which offline camera should I download and nice picture editing app. Thank you in anticipation for your cooperation.

The Facebook low quality pictures has a solution, go to settings, swipe down to media and contacts and click on upload photos in HD
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mcslize: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
genius43:

Checked if you restricted internet access for your playstore.

How do I check that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
hazel01:
Try wireless display

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mcslize:

How do I check that?

Open Security App scroll down and click data usage, click Restrict Data Usage, scroll down to system apps and click on it scroll to google Playstore and ensure it is ticked Green.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
Akonice007:
Kindly help me as all my applications started shutting down one after the other.
I am using redmi note 8 upgraded to android 10. It all started on Tuesday when I wanted to use one app and it kept on forcing close until I deleted that app. Since then, it has started affecting other apps on my phone and getting tired of it.
Pls what can I do, I av used default anti virus to scan my phone but didn't discover any threat.

Update Android system Webview from Playstore.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hazel01(f): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
Gptech:
Try wireless display
thanks, will try this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mcslize:

How do I check that?
Different ways, you can go through the security app - data usage - restrict data usage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8265) (8266) (8267) (8268) (8269) (8270) (8271) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.