Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9413111 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 2:44pm On May 19, 2017
Trippledots:
Hello guys, im using an infinix note 2 bt feel like changing to xiaomi.

Which of the models is suggested?

What i'm looking for are:
1day plus battery life
No heating
Less than $100 price
5.5" and above HD screen
Finger print scanner....Front preferably.

However if there are other phones that go SLIGHTLY beyond some listings up there but you think are worth sharing, please do. Also, pls, mention me when you do so the response isn't lost. Thanks guys.

Una sef...... grin person ask for budget phone choices, una no see Leagoo m8 pro to suggest for am? He wants fingerprint scanner, good camera and good battery for less than $100. Bros na Leagoo M8 Pro na it sure pass for your budget even Xiaomi redmi 4a no dey smile for that price plus shipping and accessories. That price won't cut it for any xiaomi phone unless them still dey lab dey manufacture one. Well if you hold 70k, you fit buy my Xiaomi redmi note 4 prime sha grin cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:53pm On May 19, 2017
udemzyudex:
How do i stop this people from disturbing me?

New alerts

Settings * installed apps * cell broadcast * custom notification * uptick show notification .

But I'm not sure why you get such broadcasts. There should be another way to turn it off.

**modified **

Check settings * more * emergency broadcasts.

Again I doubt if this solves it. But still have a look at it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 3:02pm On May 19, 2017
Pls how do I check my data usage on note4 mtk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 3:02pm On May 19, 2017
Baadal:

thanks.....here is the result

In this case, thread cautiously
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 3:04pm On May 19, 2017
Note 4X arrived and sold cool cool cool
my boss couldn't resist the sleekness of the device cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:05pm On May 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

Settings * installed apps * cell broadcast * custom notification * uptick show notification .

But I'm not sure why you get such broadcasts. There should be another way to turn it off.

**modified **

.Boss, the funny thing is, these 2 options are not available on my rn4global!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2017
Why is nipost usually down, shey leg dey pain am ni
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:09pm On May 19, 2017
jboixxx:

.Boss, the funny thing is, these 2 options are not available on my rn4global!!

It should. For the first one it should be under 'all apps' after installed apps

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:14pm On May 19, 2017
itunity007:
Pls how do I check my data usage on note4 mtk

Security app * Data usage

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by udemzyudex(m): 3:15pm On May 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

**modified **

Thanks, I turn off emergency alert notification.

Modified

I cleared mobile broadcast data and turn off notification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:19pm On May 19, 2017
udemzyudex:

Thanks, I turn off emergency alert notification.

Modified

I cleared mobile broadcast data and turn off notification.

Ok. Let's see if that helps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Avatecc: 3:27pm On May 19, 2017
Download all Xiaomi Firmwares @ http://avatecc.com grin shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 3:27pm On May 19, 2017
#Gptech #GrandMufti is the attached ROM of Xiaomi MI Max Prime 64GB ROM a vendor/modified ROM or official global ROM? ? I v not received any update despite changing my location to India.

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:55pm On May 19, 2017
busuyi44:
#Gptech #GrandMufti is the attached ROM of Xiaomi MI Max Prime 64GB ROM a vendor/modified ROM or official global ROM? ? I v not received any update despite changing my location to India.
Na vendor rom o.

But wetin make the seller nr fit flash the official global rom wen e clearly dey available? smh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 4:00pm On May 19, 2017
Sprintx24:

Una sef...... grin person ask for budget phone choices, una no see Leagoo m8 pro to suggest for am? He wants fingerprint scanner, good camera and good battery for less than $100. Bros na Leagoo M8 Pro na it sure pass for your budget even Xiaomi redmi 4a no dey smile for that price plus shipping and accessories. That price won't cut it for any xiaomi phone unless them still dey lab dey manufacture one. Well if you hold 70k, you fit buy my Xiaomi redmi note 4 prime sha grin cheesy
hold on.... is leagoo m8 pro better than remi 4a? pls analyze both. thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:05pm On May 19, 2017
Abeg, anybody wen 1 buy new phone should search if the phone get official global rom, then make d person ask d seller to flash am for d phone before dem ship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by malton: 4:06pm On May 19, 2017
Namzy:

Flash lazy flasher again and phone will boog

This didn't work.

Thanks for the help.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by malton: 4:09pm On May 19, 2017
rookidmart:

Use MiFlash to flash to stock.

Since you have TWRP you can backup your app data if it's important.

Alright, boss.

I'll try this, although I have yet to study the process. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by malton: 4:15pm On May 19, 2017
Guys, could someone point me to the latest mi flash tool? Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baadal(m): 4:21pm On May 19, 2017
Gptech:

Just download the latest rom, copy it to the internal memory of your phone in a folder named 'downloaded_rom' (you can create the folder yourself), then open the updater app(normally located in tools), click the 3 dots on the top right of your screen, then choose updater package, scroll to the folder 'downloaded_rom' and select the file. Your phone will immediately flash the rom, takes about 15 mins or so.
You can download the rom from here, download the global stable rom (1.5gig), http://en.miui.com/download-321.html
Thanks a lot! God bless you....i'll let you know if i encounter any issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 4:27pm On May 19, 2017
I dunno if it just me, but my item has been stucked with Singapore post for 15days now and it is not moving. It's just a xiaomi earphone less than $8.. it's very strange, abeg shey singapore post dey on strike or something.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 4:30pm On May 19, 2017
Gptech:

Na vendor rom o.

But wetin make the seller nr fit flash the official global rom wen e clearly dey available? smh.
how can I flash official global ROM? ? Can I use Ucbrowser installed in my Mi Max Prime to download the official ROM & then flash it to the phone without a need for a laptop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:45pm On May 19, 2017
Baadal:

Thanks a lot! God bless you....i'll let you know if i encounter any issue
Uwc bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2017
Gptech:

Just download the latest rom, copy it to the internal memory of your phone in a folder named 'downloaded_rom' (you can create the folder yourself), then open the updater app(normally located in tools), click the 3 dots on the top right of your screen, then choose updater package, scroll to the folder 'downloaded_rom' and select the file. Your phone will immediately flash the rom, takes about 15 mins or so.
You can download the rom from here, download the global stable rom (1.5gig), http://en.miui.com/download-321.html
We are lucky to have you, GrandMufti, jboixxx and some other techy guys in here. Bless you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2017
busuyi44:
how can I flash official global ROM? ? Can I use Ucbrowser installed in my Mi Max Prime to download the official ROM & then flash it to the phone without a need for a laptop
Yes, just download an old version of stable rom and follow same procedure above, just saw a thread on miui of someone having similar issues as you, he finally downloaded an older version of miui, then he got an update of the latest rom through the updater app. http://en.miui.com/thread-595533-1-1.html, that's the thread, so just follow this guy and download version 8.1.9.0 and use updater app to flash.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 5:00pm On May 19, 2017
jboixxx:
Welcome nad!.
grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2017
Theloveth:

We are lucky to have you, GrandMufti, jboixxx and some other techy guys in here. Bless you
Thanks, we are lucky to have this family indeed cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:06pm On May 19, 2017
temitimx19:
I dunno if it just me, but my item has been stucked with Singapore post for 15days now and it is not moving. It's just a xiaomi earphone less than $8.. it's very strange, abeg shey singapore post dey on strike or something.

Mine took 14 days to be dispatched.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:19pm On May 19, 2017
Gptech:

Thanks, we are lucky to have this family indeed cheesy.
Theloveth, this is a family. Gptech and some folks here did something I least expected recently which got me wowed.
Indeed, this is a family and we're lucky to have all members involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:28pm On May 19, 2017
GrandMufti:

It should. For the first one it should be under 'all apps' after installed apps
Yeah! You remember I had this issue sometimes ago that was resolved but how it disappeared is what I don't understand.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gudluckgreat(m): 6:06pm On May 19, 2017
please I want to make an order total of $50 on aliexpress and want to pay with my friend's access bank ATM card... do i still need to show proof that the card is not mine or will the payment be completed?

GrandMufti Gptech jboixx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 6:11pm On May 19, 2017
gudluckgreat:
please I want to make an order total of $50 on aliexpress and want to pay with my friend's access bank ATM card... do i still need to show proof that the card is not mine or will the payment be completed?

GrandMufti Gptech jboixx

kindly give it a shot before you start bothering yourself about appeal, it doesn't apply to every purchase you wanna make

(1) (2) (3) ... (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iamhenry96(m), coatofwealth(m), slimmax and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.