Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357088 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
temitimx19:

But u tried sha, I have never used DHL before..

Wanted it delivered quickly. It's to be sent to my broda in scotland. He wud give it to my mum wen she's coming down to naija for xmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rust6(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
davit:

I use the special edition of redmi note 3 3i. It supports glo network. In fact all the network providers in Nigeria work with it. Currently using smile volte on it sef. RN3SD all the way.
Hw much did u get urs and where

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
Paxziano:

Wanted it delivered quickly. It's to be sent to my broda in scotland. He wud give it to my mum wen she's coming down to naija for xmas
Mehn.. Why all this long process!! When u can just ship directly to Nigeria..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Guys I need your help,
I have my eyes on the Redmi note 3 Pro Int Ver (Aliexpress) but this $100 per month limit is frustrating me.

Your suggestions are welcome on other alternative means of purchase/payment
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
GrandMufti:
Finally.... Stable Marshmallow for redmi Note 3 pro angry

I just saw a related article. How can we make the switch? cheesy
Xiaomi launched the Redmi Note 3 (Pro) with Snapdragon 650 in India running MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) back in March earlier this year starting at Rs. 9999. Later it got the MIUI 8 update, but the Android version was the same, now the company has finally started rolling out Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update for the smartphone along with the MIUI 8.1.1.0.MHOMIDI OTA update as nightly build, which Xiaomi calls Beta Stable release before the final update.
http://www.srsexclusives.com/2016/12/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-miui-8110-android.html
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
GrandMufti:

This update is for the Chinese rom. I use global rom. The Chinese updates are way ahead of global rom

You can try the update. Perhaps it might fix the fingerprint issue

I eventually updated and there has been no issue so far. I have also been able to set up the fingerprint.

I don't think that was due to the update; it is most likely a coincidence-merely learned from the experience of another user on this thread who said he allowed the configuration to be complete before exiting. I allowed the phone to store every possible angle of my fingerprint and then it finally configured it.

Thanks very much.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
oNj:
Guys I need your help,
I have my eyes on the Redmi note 3 Pro Int Ver (Aliexpress) but this $100 per month limit is frustrating me.

Your suggestions are welcome on other alternative means of purchase/payment

Do make you buy the redmi note 3 special edition. It supports more LTE bands.

Cc bookiemart01
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
40manlappy:

I just saw a related article. How can we make the switch? cheesy

http://www.srsexclusives.com/2016/12/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-miui-8110-android.html

OTA cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
GrandMufti:

Cc bookiemart01

Yes; me looking for a way to pay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
temitimx19:

Mehn.. Why all this long process!! When u can just ship directly to Nigeria..

Well, I thot geekbuying didn't ship to Nigeria. Was told dat by sum1 and aliexpress didn't have the phone at dat time. Or didn't hv the grey colour at dat time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Gptech:

Dark Note v8, Eureka 8 pro, forgotten the last one.
Okay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 5:20am On Dec 10, 2016
Guys Abeg.. Am with 55k.. Which good xiaomi phone can I get with optimized specs n trusted delivery?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 5:25am On Dec 10, 2016
amlos007:
hello guys, I just ordered a redmi 3s from aliexpress, please will the courier service personnel drop it at my house address ?bcoz am always at work and I didn't use my office address due to some personal reasons .your contribution is highly appreciated ...thanks

Baba Abeg teach me ow to order from Ali express...

I want to order that Ur 3s or redmi 4...if your on Whatsapp Abeg send number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 5:36am On Dec 10, 2016
Guys please help me out.. I would like to order the redmi 4 or redmi 3s.. But am seeing a lot of sellers on aliexpress.. Which one do you guys use...

Cos I want the phone that can work in Nigeria.. With all network's I mean...

And I need a work through on how to order n pay.. Am new to international buying embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 6:17am On Dec 10, 2016
ifex370:
Guys please help me out.. I would like to order the redmi 4 or redmi 3s.. But am seeing a lot of sellers on aliexpress.. Which one do you guys use...

Cos I want the phone that can work in Nigeria.. With all network's I mean...

And I need a work through on how to order n pay.. Am new to international buying embarassed

Dreami Store or Xiaomi Online Store is trusted.

What phone do you have in mind really, and how much is it?

Access bank card is about $325 with a $200 monthly cap, which is fair compared to GT with $100 for monthly use.

Their phones all work with Nigerian networks unless you mean one that can work with most 4G networks (Redmi Note 3 pro special edition).

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2016
Paxziano:

Well, I thot geekbuying didn't ship to Nigeria. Was told dat by sum1 and aliexpress didn't have the phone at dat time. Or didn't hv the grey colour at dat time
The person that told u was wrong.. And u could have changed the shipping address.. Dunno if its still possible.. But next time do a little research on your own, well good luck getting your package..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2016
Lovexme:

Dreami Store or Xiaomi Online Store is trusted.

What phone do you have in mind really, and how much is it?

Access bank card is about $325 with a $200 monthly cap, which is fair compared to GT with $100 for monthly use.

Their phones all work with Nigerian networks unless you mean one that can work with most 4G networks (Redmi Note 3 pro special edition).

OK.. Am going for redmi 4.. I have a gt MasterCard.. How do i go about it?.. Am with like 55k now.. Am in between getting a hot S today and ordering from aliexpress... Please lay it down for me.. Lemme start doing one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2016
Plz where did u get from such price?
Lovexme:

Mine was 49k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2016
Bosseth24:
Plz where did u get from such price?

Xiaomi Online Store on Aliexpress.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:01am On Dec 10, 2016
ifex370:

OK.. Am going for redmi 4.. I have a gt MasterCard.. How do i go about it?.. Am with like 55k now.. Am in between getting a hot S today and ordering from aliexpress... Please lay it down for me.. Lemme start doing one

You can get 2 GT MasterCards and then fund your Alipay wallet with them ($100 each), or fund your wallet with $100 using one card, and complete the payment using the second card after paying partly with the $100 from the wallet.

Alternatively, you can just get an Access bank card and make the payment at once since the order is below $200.

Make sure which ever card you eventually settle for has been activated for online payment, else you could be debited but Aliexpress won't get the payment, and that'll lead to the process of you calling the bank's CC for a reversal which could delay things.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2016
Lovexme:

You can get 2 GT MasterCards and then fund your Alipay wallet with them ($100 each), or fund your wallet with $100 using one card, and complete the payment using the second card after paying partly with the $100 from the wallet.

Alternatively, you can just get an Access bank card and make the payment at once since the order is below $200.

Make sure which ever card you eventually settle for has been activated for online payment, else you could be debited but Aliexpress won't get the payment, and that'll lead to the process of you calling the bank's CC for a reversal which could delay things.

OK.. Lemme see if I can fund my Ali pocket.. My mum uses access bank..

Are you on Whatsapp.. In case I encounter any issue's
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 8:14am On Dec 10, 2016
I need to start asap.. Hope I get my phone before Christmas
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2016
ifex370:

OK.. Lemme see if I can fund my Ali pocket.. My mum uses access bank..

Are you on Whatsapp.. In case I encounter any issue's

Only fund the wallet with the exact amount you need as the wallet option won't be supported by January, 2017.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 8:22am On Dec 10, 2016
Thanks oga GrandMufti

All of you storing money in aliwallet, you may want to use it up as soon as possible cos the aliwallet stops working by 1st of January 2017.

Read here for more details http://sale.aliexpress.com/4AUiFoEAkV.htm

GrandMufti:

Cc bookiemart01

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ifex370(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2016
Lovexme:

Only fund the wallet with the exact amount you need as the wallet option won't be supported by January, 2017.

Roger that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2016
Lovexme:

Would like to think that Alipocket is different from Alipay whose service is due to come to an end in January, No?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omosuji(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2016
alipay and ali pocket are not same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2016
omosuji:
alipay and ali pocket are not same.

They are the same... Your alipocket uses the alipay wallet....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:51am On Dec 10, 2016
ifex370:

The money you have can get you something better, like redmi note 3 pro unless you like to keep your change.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2016
Dam5reey:

They are the same... Your alipocket uses the alipay wallet....

Can anyone confirm this as I don't think they are the same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samcolee(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2016
Please I want to order from dreami store how long does their delivery take when it's free

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mercky1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.