Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9173610 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8519) (8520) (8521) (8522) (8523) (8524) (8525) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunharry(m): 12:36am On Jul 17, 2021
Gptech:

Panasonic user wink. Whenever it happens like this, turn off the TV from the wall socket and try again.
Downloaded those apps and try connecting to my Samsung smart still won't connect..

Stopped connecting after i upgraded to MIUI 12.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunpinky(m): 1:48am On Jul 17, 2021
Mustiboy, how u dey... I'm sure u can't remember me.. u literally took me to Alaba market some years ago to get a play station 3.

Peace

Mustiboy:

I'm sorry if I came off as offensive, bro.

Me too no get money, and that's why I don't have a mi 11 Ultra or an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

But I know my place, and I wouldn't expect my device that I bought around ₦100k to perform the job of an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

That's my point.

Don't adulate your device; it's just an entry-level phone.

Ma binu.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ozemestats(m): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2021
genius43:

Third party launcher? If yes no it won't work and that is because most launchers haven't made their launchers fully compatible with Android 11
I recently updated my phone to miui12.5. Since the upgrade, 3rd party apps have stopped working. Is it the same problem?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:48am On Jul 17, 2021
ozemestats:

I recently updated my phone to miui12.5. Since the upgrade, 3rd party apps have stopped working. Is it the same problem?

Third party apps in what way? This is about launcher not apps.

If you were upgraded from Android 10 to 11 you may want to update your apps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ozemestats(m): 5:54am On Jul 17, 2021
genius43:

Third party apps in what way? This is about launcher not apps.

If you were upgraded from Android 10 to 11 you may want to update your apps.
3rd party app like Multi-Parallel (cloning app). I have tried to open the apps I cloned to no avail.
As for the update, I haven't received any notification to that effect

I just checked Play Store & it seems the problem is from the app end. Thanks.

Curious about something: how do I roll back the update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akefemi: 6:00am On Jul 17, 2021
Mustiboy:

I don't think battery replacement is a wise investment. Just buy a powerbank since you'll most likely not be using the phone next year.

Your powerbank will serve other purposes.

There's this very strong Oraimo powerbank that sells for ₦8,500. It's 20,000mah. You'll probably spend 6k on a new battery with replacement cost.

Spend wisely.
where can I get it please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:37am On Jul 17, 2021
akefemi:
where can I get it please

Check Jumia.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:41am On Jul 17, 2021
seunpinky:
Mustiboy, how u dey... I'm sure u can't remember me.. u literally took me to Alaba market some years ago to get a play station 3.

Peace

Ah, boss.

I remember very well.

Still had you on my WhatsApp sometime ago before I ghosted the platform.

Hope you're good.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2021
Today is making it one week I started using Redmi 9t 4g/128 from jumia at 76k.
I bought the the phone after many hype from Xiaomi users. I just want to say thank you guys for opening my eyes wink from former infinix S4 user.

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 10:23am On Jul 17, 2021
Xiaomi overtook Apple Q1 who currently have 14% and 1% growth. Xiaomi have 17% share and 87% growth. Samsung have 19% share and 15% growth. So it doesn't take much speculation that Xiaomi should be top by end of year as long as they dont get Huawei'd

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 360crayfish: 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
Between Techno 16 Pro and Redmi 9,which is the best, I want to buy a phone. Budget is 90k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
360crayfish:
Between Techno 16 Pro and Redmi 9,which is the best, I want to buy a phone. Budget is 90k

Redmi Note 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lixusheng(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
360crayfish:

U de mention tecno... If i knock ur mouth

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alosbaba007(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mustiboy:

This is the future I've been telling everyone to embrace.

DSTV and their cabals won't know what hit them. It's only a matter of time.

Its happening already, i know like 5 people wey don switch since 2018 their DSTV explorer decoder dey collect dust for one corner of their room. Dem they use fiberone 12k+ monthly subscription unlimited downloads 20mb/s

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lixusheng:

U de mention tecno... If i knock ur mouth

Lol. If it's the Tecno Camon 16 pro he has in mind, then it's definitely a better choice than the Redmi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
So like this like this now I no fit update my phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
jaycerichh:
So like this like this now I no fit update my phone?

If you want to ask a question you ask like a human being

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
Meister:

If you want to ask a question you ask like a human being
I go download update wan install am e go say for recovery part oh say update.zip failed
I hear say na root wey I been root phone, but shey clean flash and lock no suppose revert everything back to normal?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmyreal4(m): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
jaycerichh:
I go download update wan install am e go say for recovery part oh say update.zip failed
I hear say na root wey I been root phone, but shey clean flash and lock no suppose revert everything back to normal?
try the full rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lixusheng(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
ityP:

Lol. If it's the Tecno Camon 16 pro he has in mind, then it's definitely a better choice than the Redmi 9

Im don make up e mind already na why e talk tecno
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EmmaxKeys: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

Watching YouTube and browsing nairaland on it now..
What's the name of your tv, please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EmmaxKeys: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
Emarex:
Today is making it one week I started using Redmi 9t 4g/128 from jumia at 76k.
I bought the the phone after many hype from Xiaomi users. I just want to say thank you guys for opening my eyes wink from former infinix S4 user.

Wow. Where did you buy the phone?

Also, has there been any issues you are not really okay with?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 4:56pm On Jul 17, 2021
What will I find new, moving from redmi note 8 to note 10? Is it an upgrade to bring more new features?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
EmmaxKeys:

What's the name of your tv, please?

Panasonic

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 11Anonymous(m): 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
jaycerichh:
I no sure say you lock your bootloader. Install recovery and flash the full ROM for each update.

I like custom ROMs sha, but MIUi is still faster than them. Maybe I go start to dey flash ROMs 2 years from now when Xiaomi go stop updates, that's if I go dey get time.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2021
alosbaba007:

Its happening already, i know like 5 people wey don switch since 2018 their DSTV explorer decoder dey collect dust for one corner of their room. Dem they use fiberone 12k+ monthly subscription unlimited downloads 20mb/s

It's the inevitable future, brother.

The Fiberone seems nice. How can I get it please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
Emmyreal4:
try the full rom
like make I download the full ROM install, abeg explain for me abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaycerichh(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2021
11Anonymous:

I no sure say you lock your bootloader. Install recovery and flash the full ROM for each update.

I like custom ROMs sha, but MIUi is still faster than them. Maybe I go start to dey flash ROMs 2 years from now when Xiaomi go stop updates, that's if I go dey get time.
walahi my bootloader dey locked sha, yes Miui is faster tbh for now

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
Deeni131:
What will I find new, moving from redmi note 8 to note 10? Is it an upgrade to bring more new features?
Compare on GSM Arena. AMOLED screen, Dual speakers, slightly better performance, Redmi Note 10 is lighter, battery is 1000mah more than that of Note 8, feeling of holding a new phone. But you can go for Redmi Note 10pro if you can afford it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uctomide(m): 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good evening all
Please have been experiencing an issue on my Redminote9s, I download movies on Netflix to watch later but whenever I reboot my device the movies are no longer accessible... It brings an error 5.7 or 5.10. Note my Redminote9s is running on Android 11 miui 12.0.2 global stable.

I installed same app on my redmiNote6pro and after reboot movies are accessible.

Please any solution to this would be much appreciated
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Barristertemmie(f): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2021
I held the Redmi note 10 pro at a physical store today, the experience was heavenly, unfortunately I have to wait for my order on jumia till the end of the holidays. I can only afford the Note 10s, but we move!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 7:48pm On Jul 17, 2021
EmmaxKeys:

Wow. Where did you buy the phone?

Also, has there been any issues you are not really okay with?
ordered from Jumia last two weeks it was delivered last week.

No issues at all .
To enjoy the camera i installed another one using Gcam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8519) (8520) (8521) (8522) (8523) (8524) (8525) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jboynokiaphone(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.