Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9223725 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8543) (8544) (8545) (8546) (8547) (8548) (8549) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Repairguru(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
genius43:
Repairguru the stakes are against you and your statements reeks of more doubt than vindicates you. We have been a family here and I for one have recommended you on this thread. And you owe us more than half statements.

When the phone was sent down to you was it decoupled?

If not, you should have coupled back as it was brought.

Joshkid, it will be good if your friend can register an account and tell us his side since the person involved claims that your friend claimed he didn't send you to make a post.

As vendors in different capacities you have the responsibility to represent us here in good light because whoever recommends someone who disappoints someone who isn't a regular can be seen as an accomplice to whatever the third-party experiences.7

Thank you.
thank you genius43 the phone was worked on by an engineer in ibadan before sending it to me and i was updating them every event as it unfold even the phone back glass was not ptoperly fixed when it got to me .pls look at the picture he posted couple with the whatsapp chat he posted and see how i was in touch and updating him
the owner of the phone called me and said he want his phone send to inadan immediately i send it through a bus in ojota on friday and i didn't even hear anything from them only to wake up this moring and see his post online and i quickly called the owner to asked if i have any issue with him and he said no that he didnt send him all that and whe i spoke with the dudue he said thats what he want to do . have sent alot of goods without issue and have also done business without issues and @genius43 you can testify to this base on your referials. thanks for your maturity and non baias intervention

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2021
naijasensei:

Don't bother, he is an unrepentant thief without shame - you cannot shame the shameless. His overconfidence will accelerate his demise.
wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2021
Mustiboy:

I'm in no way supporting his atrocities.

I had wanted to deal with him recently. Thank God it didn't materialize due to the more convenient option I got later.

Just sad he's walked the wrong path; everyone will now refrain from recommending him.

I, for one, have recommended him many a time, and I deeply regret it.

I know - an honest mistake, just make sure he is never recommended to anyone ever again. I have no problem with anyone making a mistake - but I hate it when a person is happy to defraud others. That guy loves swindling people. He is not just walking the wrong path, he is swimming in it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2021
micxwell:

And send it back As found. If your As left is not better than As found as an engineer/technician then you should at least be able to return it back to As found.

In this case your As left is worst than As found!

Your grammar big, but true talk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PATAlolade(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2021
Anyone using RN8 and have seen 12.0.6 update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
happy662:
Don't update it. Gesture is not longer working well.

Which kind wahala be this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drakeskull(m): 12:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
Mi note 10 gallery app closes immediately after upgrade to V12.5.4.0.RFDCNXM, how do I fix this. No option to clear data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
I just received the update for my RN7.

After reading the changelog, I won't recommend updating. Unless of course you can do away with split screen, Recent panel app shortcuts, floating windows etc. According to MIUI, these "unessential features" will become temporarily unavailable due to the necessity of major fixes and optimizations.

I updated my phone before reading the Changelog so I'm just gonna handle the device for some days and see if the so called new "optimisations" is worth it before reverting to 12.0.

This latest version 12.5 is a downgrade to 12.0!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedo4sure: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
Vibesking:
I just received the update for my RN7.

After reading the changelog, I won't recommend updating. Unless of course you can do away with split screen, Recent panel app shortcuts, floating windows etc. According to MIUI, these "unessential features" will become temporarily unavailable due to the necessity of major fixes and optimizations.

I updated my phone before reading the Changelog so I'm just gonna handle the device for some days and see if the so called new "optimisations" is worth it before reverting to 12.0.

This latest version 12.5 is a downgrade to 12.0!
please how I revert back to 12.0.1?? I'm fed up already!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
After a long period of searching and waiting, Redmi Airdots 3. cool

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2021
fortune9:
please which network cheat are you??
Hope its o.ookb cheat

Which one is network cheat Again ? undecided
I never mentioned I'm using cheat. I was only trying to update my phone.
How is that a cheat ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmyreal4(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
error4040:

How is that a cheat ?
stark vpn

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
Psychodavidovic:
After a long period of searching and waiting, Redmi Airdots 3. cool

My experience with the Air dot 1 was very bad, it do not last the 8hrs as advertised. Had to sell em off after just two weeks of usage.

Can you make a review on the 3 ? And what store did you get yours from ??

I like the design, looks more like the Samsung Airbuds Live.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
Dear thread.

Abeg if una get bad deals with any vendor or repair person. Make una come tell us.

Make we no use our hand take recommend problem.

I cannot believe that these many people were aware of such a problem and they kept quiet.

On the other hand, sellers and repair persons. Some customers can be extra. We know. But the burden of proof rests on you to convince us without reasonable doubt as to your part in the matter.

Don't come and give us Abba Kyari half cooked beans tailor explanation. It only serves to indict you even more.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 1:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
error4040:

How is that a cheat ?

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Emmyreal4:
stark vpn
Ooh, grin grin grin
LoL I am using it due to The Twitter ban on Nigeria.
I was using Windscribe before with a data cap of 10GB per month which I end up exhausting before 20th.
I found out Stark VPN have no data Cap just select the network provider you are using (in my case MTN) from the list of Network providers.

This is not a cheat you would have to subscribe or buy Data before it would connect.

Find attached image below.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2021
sajmark:

are you using an iPhone theme or a third party launcher?
Yes, I am using an iphone theme and a third party launcher. It appeared when I changed my font
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emarex: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
Enigma2049:

You'll have to change ur wallpaper.
the thing appeared when i changed my font
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2021
genius43:

12.0.4 is the latest self, I think it has solved most issues, though the bugs weren't faced by everyone
Thanks chief, let me just hang around from not till November with the plan to get Note10 pro.
I don't want to end up giving someone the note 9s after Updating to Android 11.
Make the person update am em self grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2021
Repairguru:
thank you genius43 the phone was worked on by an engineer in ibadan before sending it to me and i was updating them every event as it unfold even the phone back glass was not ptoperly fixed when it got to me .pls look at the picture he posted couple with the whatsapp chat he posted and see how i was in touch and updating him
the owner of the phone called me and said he want his phone send to inadan immediately i send it through a bus in ojota on friday and i didn't even hear anything from them only to wake up this moring and see his post online and i quickly called the owner to asked if i have any issue with him and he said no that he didnt send him all that and whe i spoke with the dudue he said thats what he want to do . have sent alot of goods without issue and have also done business without issues and @genius43 you can testify to this base on your referials. thanks for your maturity and non baias intervention

Was the phone decoupled when it got sent to you?.. Answer that question first... The phone spent over 2 months at your place, I don't believe scarcity of parts is the major delay in that, I strongly believe it's your negligence and poor customer relations, the owner of the phone in question is my close friend, I bought the phone for him and even had to pay some of the extra money you required while the phone was at your place, he doesn't have to instruct me to come on here to express my opinion, you can't imagine how sad I was when he got the phone back because you are not here.... And what really prompted my post here is the fact that you claim to get a new motherboard which we paid for and then you sent the phone back to ibadan without the motherboard, even if it's not functional it's your duty to send it altogether

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
@Genius45... How am I supposed to tell my friends to come on nairaland when he currently has no functional phone at the moment, the phone was still usable when it was sent to Repairguru, only issue was backlight not coming on... I don't have to prove this any more than this because afterall it's not going to bring back the phone, it's completely damaged now... If anyone feels comfortable with transacting with repairguru, Go ahead... But you will always remember about this when something similar happens to you also, I can assure you of that!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2021
error4040:

My experience with the Air dot 1 was very bad, it do not last the 8hrs as advertised. Had to sell em off after just two weeks of usage.

Can you make a review on the 3 ? And what store did you get yours from ??

I like the design, looks more like the Samsung Airbuds Live.

8hrs advertised ? Does that include with the box? I'm asking because this Airdots 3 was rated for 7hours (and I'm assuming that's on like medium volume with not so heavy usage) on a single charge and up to 30hrs with a case i think. Tbh, if i get anything above 4hrs it'll be okay for me.

There isn't enough features about it to make a review about it but I'll be answering any questions people have here. I got it from jumia global ( took about 2 weeks to get here).

As for battery, been using it for about an hour listening to music nonstop on like 70% volume and it's still at 90%.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by weblord1900: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Muiu12.5 Update has arrived for redmi note 7
Floating window removed.
Lock app in background removed, now in security app.
You can split screen by long pressing the "menu button" after setting the shortcut

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fortune9: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2021
error4040:

How is that a cheat ?
calm down
I meant the vpn u are using in phone is the service free?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2021
Joshkid:
@Genius45... How am I supposed to tell my friends to come on nairaland when he currently has no functional phone at the moment, the phone was still usable when it was sent to Repairguru, only issue was backlight not coming on... I don't have to prove this any more than this because afterall it's not going to bring back the phone, it's completely damaged now... If anyone feels comfortable with transacting with repairguru, Go ahead... But you will always remember about this when something similar happens to you also, I can assure you of that!

Did I in anyway insinuate that you were lying or did I exonerate the repairer that he did well?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2021
Emarex:

Yes, I am using an iphone theme and a third party launcher. It appeared when I changed my font
that box is always related to iPhone themes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joshkid(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
genius43:

Did I in anyway insinuate that you were lying or did I exonerate the repairer that he did well?
No you didn't and I'm not condemning anyone either, the phone is damaged beyond repair now, that's certain... All of these is just to avoid others getting into the same kind of situation!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
When I saw 5 pages, I knew something don cook for the thread.

Why are we having issues with all these "Repair***" or they're same person/company?

It is well.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nathp9(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
How can I get a charger for Mi band

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
jboixxx:
When I saw 5 pages, I knew something don cook for the thread.

Why are we having issues with all these "Repair***" or they're same person/company?

It is well.

grin grin grin

I go dm you later. Concerning RN9 Pro case.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by error4040: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
fortune9:
calm down
I meant the vpn u are using in phone is the service free?

Yes it is free, unlike Windscribe with 10GB data cap.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
atheistandproud:

grin grin grin

I go dm you later. Concerning RN9 Pro case.
I de wait you, boss mi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8543) (8544) (8545) (8546) (8547) (8548) (8549) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.