Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9198435 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8614) (8615) (8616) (8617) (8618) (8619) (8620) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
Tolu181:
iPhone 7 self beat all the camera on Xiaomi phone series
Talkless of 8+

If you want camera go for 8+, bear in mind
Battery go show you shege

By camera, you mean portraits Cause apart from portraits, the Redmi Note 10 pro go floor the 8+...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
ityP:

Make una no dey buy UK used iPhones o. I can't fit take that risk. It's either it's new or nothing. In this case, go for the RN10 pro abeg. To be on a safer side

Most Nigerians can only afford UK used of these high-end phones.

They don't care about any possible defects; they just wanna belong and brag.

"Apple phones are the best in everything."

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
ityP:

By camera, you mean portraits Cause apart from portraits, the Redmi Note 10 pro go floor the 8+...

Don't even compare.

I've seen camera samples of the 8+, and the Note 10 is just better, even in the video department.

The only area I give it to the iPhone is consistency and stability.

On the RN10P, you can take a pic of an object on a particular spot and get great results. Try it later on the same spot and of the same object and you may get worse results than you got earlier.

I think it has to do with how Xiaomi's embedded camera software handles lighting. There's room for improvement in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Don't even compare.

I've seen camera samples of the 8+, and the Note 10 is just better, even in the video department.

The only area I give it to the iPhone is consistency and stability.

On the RN10P, you can take a pic of an object on a particular spot and get great results. Try it later on the same spot and of the same object and you may get worse results than you got earlier.

I think it has to do with how Xiaomi's embedded camera software handles lighting. There's room for improvement in that aspect.

For portraits of humans sha, the iPhone 8 plus does extremely well, even better than the RN 10 pro. iPhones from iPhone 8 plus upwards win for portrait department, even much better than the pixel devices
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

Most Nigerians can only afford UK used of these high-end phones.

They don't care about any possible defects; they just wanna belong and brag.

"Apple phones are the best in everything."

Person wan carry big money go buy problem. Na them sabi sha. Very poor decision IMO. I cannot fit carry over 100k to buy a UK used phone. God forbid
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
ityP:

For portraits of humans sha, the iPhone 8 plus does extremely well, even better than the RN 10 pro. iPhones from iPhone 8 plus upwards win for portrait department, even much better than the pixel devices

I've noticed great portraits on iPhone 11 upwards, but not on iPhone 8 plus and 7.

I may have to handle one again and test
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

I've noticed great portraits on iPhone 11 upwards, but not on iPhone 8 plus and 7.

I may have to handle one again and test

iPhone 7 plus portraits are poor. Not good at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Narijoel(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
Does anyone here have poco m3 for sale, and how much is it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
ityP:

Person wan carry big money go buy problem. Na them sabi sha. Very poor decision IMO. I cannot fit carry over 100k to buy a UK used phone. God forbid

I recently helped a friend to get an S10 Plus at 175k. That's after I've adviced him on several occasions to just get Poco F3, RN10P, or S20 FE; he didn't yield.

I just leave am. I hope he's happy with the S10 Plus.

Phone wey be say the only things that can be adulated on it are the screen and processor, which even those of the S20 FE and Poco F3 are better than.

Camera has failed to impress me. Maybe I'm the one not just digging it yet.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
ityP:

iPhone 7 plus portraits are poor. Not good at all

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hello, Quick Question .

Earlier I received the Android 11 update.
But due to the bad reviews I saw online regarding the update. I refused to update it.

Today I just received a notification for the MIUI 12.5 update.

The question is; can I update to MIUI 12.5 while still on Android 10?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dwaynestefan:
Hello, Quick Question .

But due to the bad reviews I saw online regarding the update. I refused to update it.

From your screenshot it's miui 12.5 on top android 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
Prechy2836:

From your screenshot it's miui 12.5 on top android 11
Really?

I don't want Android 11 sad
Alot of complaints online bout bugs ...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2021
Broskyjames:
Because it hasn't happened to you so you have little or no experience about it. It's is 80% a hardware problem, the update just triggers it. People on 12.0.10, 12.0.11 and even 12.0.15 have experienced it. Disconnecting the battery only works for about 3 "deadboot" cycles, after that, disconnecting the battery stops working. The next solution is to blow hot air into the board, even that is a temporary fix too. So the best solution really is to cash in on the Warranty at the Service Center and hope that miraculously Xiaomi supplies them with the parts for a board replacement. That is the only permanent fix for now, waiting for any update to correct this anomaly is a complete waste of time.

PS: i am speaking from a very vast experience on this particular problem, so if you own a R9T or his twin brother Poco M3, i strongly advice against updating except it is absolutely necessary and hope the board of the phone doesn't give in.
Something that I have updated and restarted several times.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 8:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dwaynestefan:

Really?

Then just forget about updating or you update and then update us as well. any which way the choice is in your hands.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dwaynestefan:
Hello, Quick Question .

You can't except you want to build your own ROM and the bugs are experienced more on 12 with Android 11 than 12.5 on Android 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dwaynestefan:

Really?

What bugs exactly and have they not been long fixed ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Meister:

What bugs exactly and have they not been long fixed ?

He is already anticipating bugs.

Let him remain on the Android 10 he is. Android 12 is coming to his device and he won't still use it because he can't step into Android 11.

We wey dey use Android 11 never die

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by folash: 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2021
lekbel09:
I have a mint redmi note 10 pro 128/8gb RAM available with box and original charger included. Hmu on 09060175155 if interested
How much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGattuso(m): 9:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hello Tech gurus, Please helm with this: my Redmi phone doesn't connect to my pc via USB. Also, whenever I put on battery saver, my WiFi and location gets turned on automatically and further drain my battery.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2021
Mustiboy:

I recently helped a friend to get an S10 Plus at 175k. That's after I've adviced him on several occasions to just get Poco F3, RN10P, or S20 FE; he didn't yield.

I just leave am. I hope he's happy with the S10 Plus.

Phone wey be say the only things that can be adulated on it are the screen and processor, which even those of the S20 FE and Poco F3 are better than.

Camera has failed to impress me. Maybe I'm the one not just digging it yet.

People dey try
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2021
Tolu181:
xiaomi fan boys are sharks

Blinded by their undying love for Xiaomi
It's not about being a fanboy bro. We can actually compare em side by side. And look at what you wrote ehn the entire "Xiaomi phone series". You clearly are the one looking for trouble honestly grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maik99(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2021
Meister:

It's better, can go toe to toe with the Xs mas

except it can't
XS Max is you reaching..I agree it's better than X and earlier tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
genius43:

Unlock bootloader again. That is the solution to your problem
Ok will try that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
Revelation4:
That's why i used the keyword " it hasn't happened to you ". It can't possibly affect all R9T but you still have to take precaution and ignore my advice at your own peril.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 10:10pm On Sep 05, 2021
Dwaynestefan:
Hello, Quick Question .

This update won't kill your phone bro. Just update in good faith. This your mind set alone grin; it's like you've already accepted that something will go wrong; and it will even if the update is good. Your mind ehn. It's well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
maik99:

except it can't
XS Max is you reaching..I agree it's better than X and earlier tho

I literally posted an official rating that shows the camera performance of both phones are on par.

N.B. I'm not referring to anything else apart from camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
MrGattuso:
Hello Tech gurus, Please helm with this: my Redmi phone doesn't connect to my pc via USB. Also, whenever I put on battery saver, my WiFi and location gets turned on automatically and further drain my battery.

Have you tried all the ports on your PC?

As for the other one download full ROM and install.

You didn't state your device how do we know the particular model you are talking about?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maik99(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2021
Meister:

I literally posted an official rating that shows the camera performance of both phones are on par.

N.B. I'm not referring to anything else apart from camera

I'm talking about the camera too and I don't need dxomark to tell me the redmi note 10 pro is not on par with the Xs Max, it's close though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
Broskyjames:
That's why i used the keyword " it hasn't happened to you ". It can't possibly affect all R9T but you still have to take precaution and ignore my advice at your own peril.
I hear you now. Rest
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
Revelation4:
Boss, what's the version of MIUI you're using right now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2021
maik99:

I'm talking about the camera too and I don't need dxomark to tell me the redmi note 10 pro is not on par with the Xs Max, it's close though

So I should take your words ahead of professionals that grading phones are actually their job ?
Xs Max camera might be more consistent but it certainly isn't better

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8614) (8615) (8616) (8617) (8618) (8619) (8620) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.