Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9163112 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8672) (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) ... (9314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2021
kcy:

It could be software
Because it happened to some people after updating

It is not. Just that you will need to reboot during update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kcy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
BrainyPaul:
Good morning everyone. Please i tried to update my Redmi 9T and after download i tried to reboot but it doesn't turn on. I tried charging but not charging and i tried holding power button for up to 20 seconds, still not starting. Please anyone has a solution to this?
Which date is the manufacturer date
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TellMeNothing: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
Redmi 10!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrainyPaul: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello brother, please how can i get to the Engineer that fixed your phone? I also have the same problem
t4tharyo:
Bro I will just advised you to prepare for the worst. This is actually my very first redmi phone, I have enjoyed everything until this deadboot thing started. Truth be told it's been a very bad experience and I honestly doubt if I can use any of redmi phones again. I bought my phone from Slot around Feb, I experienced the deadboot issue aug when I updated to 12.0.16. After updating the phone refused to come up again. I was advised to take it to the service center since it's still under warranty. Getting there the attendant told me it will use 3-5 working days if it's software problem or 14-17 working days if it's hardware related and all my data will be wiped off. While I was trying to decide on what to do, I saw someone who came with the same problem and he said this is the second time his bringing the phone back to them with the same issue. He said tho they fixed it initially but the problem reoccurred after few days. At that point I had to take my faith into my own hands by patronising phone engineers in my area.(Although it will void the warranty but I don't mind). The engineer told me am like the 13th person that has brought the phone with the same problem. He fixed it withing hrs without me loosing any of my data's. But the strong warning he gave me is never to allow the phone go off for any reasons, just like he said I have been managing the phone and it's problem ever since then with the hope of finding a lasting solution to it. Even the recent update for 12 .0.17 showed up on my phone, but the engineer advised me to ignore it Cox he can't guarantee if the phone will come up after rebooting from the update. So sad Redmi could not find a lasting solution to this problem after major complains from most of its GLOBAL versions.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrainyPaul: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
How do i check that please?
kcy:

Which date is the manufacturer date
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kcy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
BrainyPaul:
How do i check that please?
On the carton
Around where they write IMEI
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayomide32: 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
How can I get the Redmi note 8 2021 version. I've checked slots it's not available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayomide32: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
genius43:

Check GSMARENA reviews of watch YouTube reviews

Okay thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrainyPaul: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
kcy:

On the carton
Around where they write IMEI
I'm not with the carton at the moment. If i could get the number, how would the number fix the problem pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Omuka: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
11Anonymous:

The problem is from the power IC that was not made properly for the first batch of Redmi 9T and Poco M3 produced. They later discovered and started correcting it from April, I have one made in January, I hope I don't experience the issue.
Xiaomi do not have a fully reasonable working service center in Nigeria. What they did to the customers in India an Bangladesh was that they took the dead phone from them and replaced the full phone panel with a new one not having the issue for free.

I'm not sure they would do that here. The boards they have may not be enough to go round or won't want to lose profits.
mine is January too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
kcy:

Mine is april
Same as mine.
What's your MIUI version right now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joshjc(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
joshjc:
I havlll

No adverts on this thread. Edit your post.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2021
Simply Bugs°°°
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
Got myself the Redmi Note 10 pro two days ago. 8/128

#160,000

Enjoying my experience so far. This is machine!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WycliffeSMB(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
Please, how good are "Display phones", and is it adviceable to buy one?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jbutney(f): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
frankyvalll:
if na MTN u dey use, contact me for good data rates like 2,650 for 12gb, 3,750 for 20gb and if ur sim has double data that's 40gb
Mtn doesn't have network strength in my house. Let me just manage my Airtel.

Nice offer though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dadayung1(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
I normally get scattered notification of whasapp and other apps instead of single uniform notification on my RN8. Please what is the solution?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
dadayung1:
I normally get scattered notification of whasapp and other apps instead of single uniform notification on my RN8. Please what is the solution?

Android 11? If yes wait for MIUI 12.5 or download MIUI Notifications app from apkmirror
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
WycliffeSMB:
Please, how good are "Display phones", and is it adviceable to buy one?

What do you mean by "Display Phones"?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
genius43:

Those sample phones used to market Newly released devices, usually by brand salespersons in shops
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WycliffeSMB(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
genius43:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dadayung1(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
genius43:

Android 11? If yes wait for MIUI 12.5 or download MIUI Notifications app from apkmirror
Yes am on Android 11. I downloaded the miui notification app, but after installing it closes and i can't see it in my apps line up.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Akonice007(m): 10:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kindly choose for me, I prefer redmi note 10 Pro but my budget cannot go for it. Now I am contemplating on either redmi note 9 Pro or xiaomi poco x3 Pro, pls choose for it is very urgent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lapazi(m): 12:22am On Oct 08, 2021
Guys i got a redmi 9a for my younger one, but after a ba3 drain at 2% we are unable to power it back up even after plugging it to a power source, is this a major issue?

who has experienced this and how can i get it fixed.?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kcy(m): 1:51am On Oct 08, 2021
lapazi:
Guys i got a redmi 9a for my younger one, but after a ba3 drain at 2% we are unable to power it back up even after plugging it to a power source, is this a major issue?

who has experienced this and how can i get it fixed.?
what is wrong with this brand now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Talibanis: 4:15am On Oct 08, 2021
Yeah, you got yourself a pretty damn good phone well balanced both in performance, speed, camera, battery performance and UI. You will definitely enjoy it as I have been enjoying mine too.
HenryDion:
Got myself the Redmi Note 10 pro two days ago. 8/128

#160,000

Enjoying my experience so far. This is machine!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Talibanis: 4:16am On Oct 08, 2021
Akonice007:
Kindly choose for me, I prefer redmi note 10 Pro but my budget cannot go for it. Now I am contemplating on either redmi note 9 Pro or xiaomi poco x3 Pro, pls choose for it is very urgent.
Just go for the Redmi Note 10 Pro. You won't regret it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PsalmzFraudstar(f): 6:07am On Oct 08, 2021
The amount of chips that are same with snapdragon 720g are cumbersome, they only differ from it in having the 5g modem like the 750g, or just a slight variation in speed like the 730g.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2021
Kennyflyair:
Is it just me? My poweramp skips like cracking cd for few seconds when I just start playing music. It plays normally after that.

I first tot it was a problem with my sd card but other music players don't do that. And I'm sure the music files are not the culprit cos the skipping happens at different portions of the music playback.

Does anyone else notice this on their end?

For those wondering, this issue seems to have been fixed by just downgrading the Poweramp. I don't think I'll update the app on this device again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 6:34am On Oct 08, 2021
Good morning bosses,

Please this camera lens just broken, i don't know what to type on AliExpress, cause i was only seeing camera screen guard every where.

For redmi note 10s

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2021
omoadeleye:
Good morning bosses,

Please this camera lens just broken, i don't know what to type on AliExpress, cause i was only seeing camera screen guard every where.

For redmi note 10s
Please how is the performance n battery efficiency of this device?
Type redmi Note 10s replacement lens

(1) (2) (3) ... (8672) (8673) (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) ... (9314) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.