Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9225731 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) (8680) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2021
Gr8teejay:
Good morning guys. Please how can I stop notifications from messaging apps from blocking my gaming screen? WhatsApp notifications especially.
Redmi note 9 pro, 12.0.4
Start the game you want to play, swipe from the top edge of your screen(that portion where your ba3 indicator is in normal portrait mode) to access game turbo shortcuts then tap the little arrow icon to bring up the additional settings, then tap icon in the screenshot below.
Not only WhatsApp but every other notifications you'll just hear the notification alert, you won't see the floating notifications whenever you're playing games.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2021
Prechy2836:

Start the game you want to play, swipe from the top edge of your screen(that portion where your ba3 indicator is in normal portrait mode) to access game turbo shortcuts then tap the little arrow icon to bring up the additional settings, then tap icon in the screenshot below.
Not only WhatsApp but every other notifications you'll just hear the notification alert, you won't see the floating notifications whenever you're playing games.

Pele pubg player..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

Pele pubg player..... cheesy
grin grin cheesy How we go do naa?? You play too?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ThePrekky(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2021
I'm looking to buy a mi 10 ultra or normal mi 10 in case anybody has
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bizzlemie(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2021
chloride6:
Omo shey na for 12.0.4 , Redmi Note 9 Pro wan die ni?

The matter sef tire person o!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Revelation4(m): 11:53am On Oct 09, 2021
Justvibe:
I also use 9T and usually switch it off every night for charging and on it back in the morning sometimes when the gcam misbehave I also reboot I bought it in June but it was made in may, it's on Android 12.11
Wanted to update it but just finding out about the deadboot please is it advisable to upgrade or stick with its current version.
it's on Android 10. But miui 12.0.11. update it to 12.0.17

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adex2442: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Guys can one still order phone from aliexpress?? Is it still safe?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gr8teejay: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
Prechy2836:

Wow thanks
Let me try that now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
This problem start worrying me now, sometimes incoming call don't show the name attached to the number, my whatsapp don't show the names, only numbers appear. How can solve this problem, almost 6 months now I'm having the problem on my Rn8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bighenzzy(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
genius43:

Use Wi-fi. Also hope you have sufficient space to both download and update the phone?
I'll try using WiFi sir... Yeah I've got enough storage

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sirpaul:
Mi.. family..

Alasssss I joined una.

Quick one: do I need to run any update for now?

Plus I could not get a full screen guard to cover the screen....

congrats

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
tessy990:

I dnt want the deadboot issue to happen to the phone if he update it. I think it's best he stick to this cos he's still able to turn off and on the phone whenever he likes.
The Deadboot issue is not caused by software update. It is a hardware problem. Update your device and get the best out of our
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
nani667:
Durable bugs
See as e dey pain dem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Justvibe:
I also use 9T and usually switch it off every night for charging and on it back in the morning sometimes when the gcam misbehave I also reboot I bought it in June but it was made in may, it's on Android 12.11
Wanted to update it but just finding out about the deadboot please is it advisable to upgrade or stick with its current version.

Upgrade, if é go Die é for don die by now.

We're on 12.17 now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kennyflyair:
Is it just me? My poweramp skips like cracking cd for few seconds when I just start playing music. It plays normally after that.

I first tot it was a problem with my sd card but other music players don't do that. And I'm sure the music files are not the culprit cos the skipping happens at different portions of the music playback.

Does anyone else notice this on their end?
Are you on vpn? Hatunnel is usually the culprit
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sirpaul(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hi guys...

I can't make calls nor receive calls on my new RN 10pro... Anyone expressing same

It's less than 48hours I purchased the device... Biko I don tire

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sirpaul:
Hi guys...

I can't make calls nor receive calls on my new RN 10pro... Anyone expressing same

Oga you sure say no be MTN problem na you turn to Xiaomi problem so?

Just calm down fess.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dharmora(m): 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sirpaul:
Hi guys...

if you are using an MTN SIM, then I'll be accurate to say all MTN users are experiencing your current ordeal and it's cause doesn't emanate from your phone. I think the issue should have been resolved by now. Kindly confirm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
How to fix a Xiaomi phone that doesn't want to come on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOV_TjrJfg

Please consider giving me a sub if you like the video.

I really want to appreciate everyone on this thread that got me to 100 subs. Thank you so much.

I really do appreciate.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sirpaul(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
9mobile ooooooo
atheistandproud:

Oga you sure say no be MTN problem na you turn to Xiaomi problem so?

Just calm down fess.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
Prechy2836:

grin grin cheesy How we go do naa?? You play too?

I've uninstalled it nah cod i dey play....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sirpaul(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
I'm using 9mobile presently as MTN don shut down since. I've restarted device severally

dharmora:
if you are using an MTN SIM, then I'll be accurate to say all MTN users are experiencing your current ordeal and it's cause doesn't emanate from your phone. I think the issue should have been resolved by now. Kindly confirm.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sirpaul:
I'm using 9mobile presently as MTN don shut down since. I've restarted device severally

What error do you get exactly?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sirpaul(m): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
No response

The calls does not even connect at all.
RuneKingThor:

What error do you get exactly?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
Sirpaul:
No response

The calls does not even connect at all.
My advice is that you try out another sim on the phone to rule out the possibility of the sim being damaged. Also put the sim in another phone to be double sure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flashh: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
Megilicious:

Hi pls how is the phone... Any issues since you got it... Am thinking of getting 1
The phone is good and it supports 18W fast charge; which you get your battery full from 70% to 100% in less than 25 minutes. Performance is good, but I regretted not going for the 4/128g. Didn't even know why I didn't pay attention to the 128g Rom.

Well, I will manage it till I go for a better phone next year.

If you need any other information about the phone, I will tell you, since you have interest in getting it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

I've uninstalled it nah cod i dey play....
Alright boss me personally I no too like COD sha..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sirpaul(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
Will try that out.

Thanks!
RuneKingThor:

My advice is that you try out another sim on the phone to rule out the possibility of the sim being damaged. Also put the sim in another phone to be double sure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flashh: 9:17pm On Oct 09, 2021
Despirado121:

I bought this phone yesterday but mine doesn't have the split screen feature. Do you have it in yours, as in I wanna know if it's general or what I bought wasn't real
I am sorry bro, that it took me so long to reply. I haven't been on Nairaland, since that night I commented on this thread.

For some years now, me coming on here is once a month, or go 3 months without coming on here. I haven't been getting that Nairaland vibes again, because it isn't as it used to be. That aside.

I believe what you bought is the original phone. I am finding it hard to get the split screen.
Though, I think it's only WhatsApp that can enable this split.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Bighenzzy:

I'll try using WiFi sir... Yeah I've got enough storage

Alright
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
Flashh:

I am sorry bro, that it took me so long to reply. I haven't been on Nairaland, since that night I commented on this thread.

For some years now, me coming on here is once a month, or go 3 months without coming on here. I haven't been getting that Nairaland vibes again, because it isn't as it used to be. That aside.

I believe what you bought is the original phone. I am finding it hard to get the split screen.
Though, I think it's only WhatsApp that can enable this split.

This is floating window not split screen and it works with a lot of apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flashh: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
genius43:

This is floating window not split screen and it works with a lot of apps
I thought as much.

But genius, does split screen work on it? Though I haven't really explore the phone to that extent.
I am not a freak of split screen, back in the days it came to Android 7.

The link you gave me, removing Ads on Mi phones is a long way to do for me. I am just too lazy for those procedures. How I wish, someone can just help me do it. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8674) (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) (8680) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kennydollz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.