Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9169433 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) (8680) (8681) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
t4tharyo:
Bro I will just advised you to prepare for the worst. This is actually my very first redmi phone, I have enjoyed everything until this deadboot thing started. Truth be told it's been a very bad experience and I honestly doubt if I can use any of redmi phones again. I bought my phone from Slot around Feb, I experienced the deadboot issue aug when I updated to 12.0.16. After updating the phone refused to come up again. I was advised to take it to the service center since it's still under warranty. Getting there the attendant told me it will use 3-5 working days if it's software problem or 14-17 working days if it's hardware related and all my data will be wiped off. While I was trying to decide on what to do, I saw someone who came with the same problem and he said this is the second time his bringing the phone back to them with the same issue. He said tho they fixed it initially but the problem reoccurred after few days. At that point I had to take my faith into my own hands by patronising phone engineers in my area.(Although it will void the warranty but I don't mind). The engineer told me am like the 13th person that has brought the phone with the same problem. He fixed it withing hrs without me loosing any of my data's. But the strong warning he gave me is never to allow the phone go off for any reasons, just like he said I have been managing the phone and it's problem ever since then with the hope of finding a lasting solution to it. Even the recent update for 12 .0.17 showed up on my phone, but the engineer advised me to ignore it Cox he can't guarantee if the phone will come up after rebooting from the update. So sad Redmi could not find a lasting solution to this problem after major complains from most of its GLOBAL versions.

Exactly like you said, I don't think I will ever use a Xiaomi phone again too. There's no difference between them and shitfinix/scrapno. Too many complains.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Flashh:
I thought as much.

But genius, does split screen work on it? Though I haven't really explore the phone to that extent.
I am not a freak of split screen, back in the days it came to Android 7.

The link you gave me, removing Ads on Mi phones is a long way to do for me. I am just too lazy for those procedures. How I wish, someone can just help me do it. cheesy

They probably have their reasons for not putting it. I haven't even used the split screen functionality in like 2 years. I won't miss it if it is absent.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SILENTandSMART2: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
Prechy2836:
Alright boss me personally I no too like COD sha..

Cod nah bae if you gat good device,

Pubg just dey somehow...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KingBillionaire(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hi people.

Has anyone received MIUI 12.5 update for Note 9s global? Been waiting for the update since forever and also my notification light suddenly stopped working for some months now, I didn't even notice until a friend brought my attention to it asking why my notification light doesn't come on when I plug my device.

Is anyone experiencing this also?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
tolakush92:

Ikeja here

It’s available
Price
I hope it’s not the one flashed with international ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flashh: 12:10am On Oct 10, 2021
genius43:

They probably have their reasons for not putting it. I haven't even used the split screen functionality in like 2 years. I won't miss it if it is absent.
I last used it(split screen), was in 2017, when it was still a freak to most people. I used it once, then stopped using it, because I see no need for it.

Like I said, I am not a freak for such feature, right from time

When do you think we should be expecting Android 12 on our phones? Which phone do you make use of, bro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2021
Flashh:
I last used it(split screen), was in 2017, when it was still a freak to most people. I used it once, then stopped using it, because I see no need for it.

Like I said, I am not a freak for such feature, right from time

When do you think we should be expecting Android 12 on our phones? Which phone do you make use of, bro?

I don't have an Idea for the timeline for Android 12, if you are not using a Flagship that will be next year.

I use RN10 Pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:16am On Oct 10, 2021
willian10:

Price

Most Mi 11 Ultra in Nigeria are Chinese Version. If you must buy open your eyes well or look for a seller that can pre-order it for you or you source for it yourself
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 6:22am On Oct 10, 2021
@Genius...
Kinda this amoled screen display look like wash out colour..
Videos are ddamn kinda dark..
How can I improve it?
#RN10s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:23am On Oct 10, 2021
KingBillionaire:
Hi people.

Has anyone received MIUI 12.5 update for Note 9s global? Been waiting for the update since forever and also my notification light suddenly stopped working for some months now, I didn't even notice until a friend brought my attention to it asking why my notification light doesn't come on when I plug my device.

Is anyone experiencing this also?

The Rollout is in phases, some have gotten.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Mfunkynation:
@Genius...
Kinda this amoled screen display look like wash out colour..
Videos are ddamn kinda dark..
How can I improve it?
#RN10s

Change your colour scheme.

Also AMOLED are known for making Blacks look as it is supposed to Black.

Also improve the quality of videos you download, I am not talking Netnaija kind of quality. You use a 1080p panel you shouldn't download anything less than 720p
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dejonathan(f): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2021
Good morning everyone..
Please how do i screen record with voice on my redmi note 10..
Have been doing screen recording and e no dey gree voice out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 7:49am On Oct 10, 2021
sandammy:
I noticed that I'm losing close to 10% of my battery juice from 12am to 5.30am. RN10P. Abeg who else is experiencing this battery drain while phone is idle?
Abeg anyone else experiencing this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 8:10am On Oct 10, 2021
dejonathan:
Good morning everyone..
Please how do i screen record with voice on my redmi note 10..
Have been doing screen recording and e no dey gree voice out

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nongo123(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2021
I just updated my RN8 to Android 11.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2021
willian10:

Price

No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dejonathan(f): 8:33am On Oct 10, 2021
Prechy2836:

Thank you bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 8:44am On Oct 10, 2021
I need to clear my phone speaker as I noticed the one at the bottom is not sounding well. I can't find the option again o. Abeg someone should help me locate that feature. Device is RN10P.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hardvance(m): 9:05am On Oct 10, 2021
jboixxx:
Turbocharging cable avail for you. Ikeja and Taraba. Nationwide delivery de.
Direct call or WhatsApp, Click Me

You got Tecno camon 12 screen?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2021
nongo123:
I just updated my RN8 to Android 11.
I received this update awhile back wasn't having enough data then and it disappeared.. Do well to inform us if some things were removed..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2021
sandammy:
I need to clear my phone speaker as I noticed the one at the bottom is not sounding well. I can't find the option again o. Abeg someone should help me locate that feature. Device is RN10P.
Just search the settings very easy and stress free
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nongo123(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2021
Prechy2836:
I received this update awhile back wasn't having enough data then and it disappeared.. Do well to inform us if some things were removed..

Floating window is still around
Second space is also still around
The option to lock apps so that they are kept running on the background is nowhere to be seen( It might have just been moved somewhere)

Now there is Navigation bar if you use gesture navigation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:00am On Oct 10, 2021
Flashh:
I thought as much.

But genius, does split screen work on it? Though I haven't really explore the phone to that extent.
I am not a freak of split screen, back in the days it came to Android 7.

The link you gave me, removing Ads on Mi phones is a long way to do for me. I am just too lazy for those procedures. How I wish, someone can just help me do it. cheesy
am on my way to help you with that undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2021
nongo123:

The option to lock apps so that they are kept running on the background is nowhere to be seen( It might have just been moved somewhere)

Lock apps is now done in security app

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nongo123(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2021
genius43:

Lock apps is now done in security app

Thanks a lot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2021
nongo123:

Alright thanks for the insight I can't manually update so I'll just wait for when it resurfaces.
Edit...
Was able to update using the ROM I downloaded earlier it's looking good so far.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 11:09am On Oct 10, 2021
Prechy2836:
Just search the settings very easy and stress free
I've Google searched and even watched the YouTube demonstration and the one they used has clear speaker when you click additional settings but my own doesn't have it o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nongo123(m): 11:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Prechy2836:

Alright thanks for the insight I can't manually update so I'll just wait for when it resurfaces.
Edit...
Was able to update using the ROM I downloaded earlier it's looking good so far.

But when it booted for the first time it was a little bit bugy do I had to force restart and so far so good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2021
sandammy:

I've Google searched and even watched the YouTube demonstration and the one they used has clear speaker when you click additional settings but my own doesn't have it o.

Download Activity launcher and search speaker.

Select the option with the settings icon

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:46am On Oct 10, 2021
Hardvance:

You got Tecno camon 12 screen?
Nope

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
genius43:

Most Mi 11 Ultra in Nigeria are Chinese Version. If you must buy open your eyes well or look for a seller that can pre-order it for you or you source for it yourself
Thank you so much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sandammy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
genius43:

Download Activity launcher and search speaker.

Select the option with the settings icon
Thanks bro, you're the man. It fudging work!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8675) (8676) (8677) (8678) (8679) (8680) (8681) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: blaquemyc, Solidarity9490(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.