Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9191768 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8839) (8840) (8841) (8842) (8843) (8844) (8845) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2022
ThisisIkemefuna:
My Redmi note 10 pro won't let me rest whenever I initiate a phone call. Screen just goes off and refuses to come up unless the call is ended.
it should be the screen guard interfering with the proximity sensor.

Stick a finger( like you would want to pull the sreen guard your finger) at the top right edge of the screen guard and move the finger (like you are trying to remove dirt from the edge) from the center to the right.

Do this while making the call and the light will come back up.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xtianvic(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
UPDATED2020:
Redmi note 11 pro 5G
6/128-184,970
8/128-200,870
Oboi
Money I go use buy Poco F3

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sweetveek(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
Reyhzor:

My mi9t is stucked with miui 12.1.4, don't know if we will still get another update?
What about yours?
same version here, mayb they've forgotten about us,na to pray make money to upgrade come oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koonlay101: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
After updating to miui 13 on my Redmi Note 10, I see this camera sign on the top left corner of my phone.

On a closer look, I found out its miuibiometric. I have tried to remove the notification from the app settings but it's greyed out.

Anyone with any tip to remove the app's notification?

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2022
koonlay101:
After updating to miui 13 on my Redmi Note 10, I see this camera sign on the top left corner of my phone.

On a closer look, I found out its miuibiometric. I have tried to remove the notification from the app settings but it's greyed out.

Anyone with any tip to remove the app's notification?

You are wrong.

That camera symbols comes when you open an app that has access to your phone camera.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by venahoro(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
Good day house. can someone please refer me to anyone here who sells replacement screen for MI9T pro. It’s pretty urgent. My phone screen just recently gone bad after three years of use.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koonlay101: 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
genius43:

You are wrong.

That camera symbols comes when you open an app that has access to your phone camera.

Thanks. I understand the symbol shows that an app has access to the camera and there are ways of either denying the access or turning of the notification depending on your preference.

As can be seen from the below it's even showing that no permission allowed which is what confuses me the more.

I have no problem with the app having access to my camera since I know what the access is needed for but I want to be able to remove the notification, but as shown in the screenshot I shared earlier, it's not even allowing me as the option to toggle notification is greyed out.

I'm thinking it's either there's some unfinished work with the ROM or there's some other settings I need to tweak to remove the notification.

I am open to learning something new.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
koonlay101:

Thanks. I understand the symbol shows that an app has access to the camera and there are ways of either denying the access or turning of the notification depending on your preference.

As can be seen from the below it's even showing that no permission allowed which is what confuses me the more.

I have no problem with the app having access to my camera since I know what the access is needed for but I want to be able to remove the notification, but as shown in the screenshot I shared earlier, it's not even allowing me as the option to toggle notification is greyed out.

I'm thinking it's either there's some unfinished work with the ROM or there's some other settings I need to tweak to remove the notification.

root your device if you really need to turn it off, else, it's a system app and the company thinks you shouldn't have that access hence why it's greyed out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2022
Poco m3 just updated security patch.. About 500mb download

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2022
koonlay101:

MIUI Biometric will surely use your Camera by default
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2022
venahoro:
Good day house. can someone please refer me to anyone here who sells replacement screen for MI9T pro. It’s pretty urgent. My phone screen just recently gone bad after three years of use.

Just prepare your 40k ish, Repairpalng is there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
Please I downloaded the latest MIUI Version yesterday but didn't install cos I was busy .

I tried updating it today after locating it from downloaded option via updates file and I got this error message. This is exactly what I downloaded yesterday

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by venahoro(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
genius43:

Just prepare your 40k ish, Repairpalng is there.
40k? My goodness. Think I will probably just do away with the phone and get a new phone instead.
Thanks Chief
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
venahoro:

Presently 35K to fix.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2022
venahoro:

40k? My goodness. Think I will probably just do away with the phone and get a new phone instead.
Thanks Chief

Ask first ooo!!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2022
Biafrareform:
Please I downloaded the latest MIUI Version yesterday but didn't install cos I was busy .

I tried updating it today after locating it from downloaded option via updates file and I got this error message. This is exactly what I downloaded yesterday

If it is a stable beta it is possible.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KallmemrB0: 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2022
StrongandMighty:
I don't do a lot with my phone I only use my phone (RN10P) to chat and make calls that's all but last night I was just messing around with my phone and discovered a lot of things my phone can do which I never knew mehn I was amazed....you can use the phone to vlog,edit your videos to your taste,add music to your videos,the camera quality is something else,the gallery filters are just wow,you can use the camera to scan a physical paper into a document without the use of an additional app and it comes out really amazing better than the ones we do with printer or am I even talking about the mi remote soooo many things I can't even remember again...I never knew I was using more than a phone
lol.. Welcome to Xiaomi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koonlay101: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2022
Alfabest07:
root your device if you really need to turn it off, else, it's a system app and the company thinks you shouldn't have that access hence why it's greyed out

I really don't want to root my phone. Yeah I know miuibiometric will surely have access to the camera by default, however in my opinion, this could have been implemented in a more unobtrusive way as with older MIUI versions.

I really don't like the idea of of seeing the camera symbol every time. As it stands, I will have to live with it except xiaomi corrects this with an update, or not.

Thanks @genius43 and @Alfabest07 for the insightful comments.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2022
koonlay101:

I really don't want to root my phone. Yeah I know miuibiometric will surely have access to the camera by default, however in my opinion, this could have been implemented in a more unobtrusive way as with older MIUI versions.

I really don't like the idea of of seeing the camera symbol every time. As it stands, I will have to live with it except xiaomi corrects this with an update, or not.

Since is a native android 12 feature I don't know if much can be done... Do you use face unlock?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2022
venahoro:

Thanks Chief
if you decide to, will you mind to sell?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2022
koonlay101:

its not xiaomi, its google & android 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
yak:
Which would you pick between Redmi note 10 Pro and 11 Pro?

Do you think the 11 Pro is worth the difference in price especially for someone coming from Redmi Note 7

Note 10 Pro is better imo.

But Note 11 Pro seems cheaper. Don't know why
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jarchi(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2022
leetylee:

You can help with links thanks
Go to your MIUI app, you will see rom or MIUI click it, at the top you will see what you are looking for, I have pasted the screenshot here, just few pages back maybe three self
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koonlay101: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2022
Prechy2836:
Since is a native android 12 feature I don't know if much can be done... Do you use face unlock?

Yes I use face unlock. I know that's why the symbol is showing cos its a biometric feature. Like you said since it's an android 12 feature, there's really not much that can be done.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by koonlay101: 8:17am On Feb 27, 2022
Alfabest07:
its not xiaomi, its google & android 12

I never knew it was an android feature. Now I understand.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by venahoro(m): 9:04am On Feb 27, 2022
repairpalng:

Presently 35K to fix.
I don’t live in Lagos. How much would it cost for the replacement screen only?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kingphilip(m): 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
venahoro:

Thanks Chief
Pass the phone to me bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kingphilip(m): 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2022
Alfabest07:
if you decide to, will you mind to sell?
Allow am make him dash me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jarchi:

Go to your MIUI app, you will see rom or MIUI click it, at the top you will see what you are looking for, I have pasted the screenshot here, just few pages back maybe three self
Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olavincentus: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2022
Jarchi:

PLS, IS THE MIUI APP SAME AS THE MI BROWSER ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2022
kingphilip:

Allow am make him dash me
everything dey him hand.. Let the spirit direct him

(1) (2) (3) ... (8839) (8840) (8841) (8842) (8843) (8844) (8845) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.