Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9169906 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8867) (8868) (8869) (8870) (8871) (8872) (8873) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princeparis(m): 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
At all, between the Global version and Indian Verdon of the Note 10 Pro which one is the best?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
WizkidNews:

So what phone should i spend 120k on? to me, Note 10 is old. i prefer something released this year.

Note 10 is not old.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
genius43:

There is, they refer to them as LCD but when you read description and from the prices you will know.

https ://a. aliexpress. com/_mPKaiH6

Remove spaces

Seen. Thanks bro

But $146 for screen replacement. Damn

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Pandorah:
Ampere will still give the same results as u see on the screen.
It's a 30W charger and battery is already full. It cools down once it's @79%-100%

Why use a 30W charger on an 18W device?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2022
Mustiboy:

Seen. Thanks bro

But $146 for screen replacement. Damn

That is the price of using AMOLED.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etibaba(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ifeanyi4491:
yes u can think of this if the storage is 32gb
Lol, not exactly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2022
genius43:

That is the price of using AMOLED.

Unlucky me

I have no choice but to buy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2022
Pandorah:
Ampere will still give the same results as u see on the screen.
It's a 30W charger and battery is already full. It cools down once it's @79%-100%

Custom rom is out the equation because you can simply flash an overclocked or perf+ kernel to achieve this. But you'll eventually fry your motherboard

The person he was replying was using stock rom with the default underclocked kernel.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
genius43:

I'm waiting too cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pandorah(m): 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
GrandMufti:

Custom rom is out the equation because you can simply flash an overclocked or perf+ kernel to achieve this. But you'll eventually fry your motherboard

The person he was replying was using stock rom with the default underclocked kernel.
I've not OC nor flashed any superfluous kernel. I flashed CROM to get extra features unavailable in stock ROM. I'm just not a fan of stock ROM. I've never fried any motherboard, wether mine or my customers'
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pandorah(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
genius43:

grin grin grin
Only if u know the type of 'charger' I'm using. I have one Powerline III and one GaN charger. I use the chargers for all my devices. Even the smart Watch.
You of all people shouldn't be asking such question undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
Vibesking:

Note 10 is not o.ld.
Very old
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Praxtech: 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
Vibesking:
Recently purchased the Redmi Note 11 after the screen of my Redmi Note 7 got damaged from mistakenly dropping it.

Well, I've got missed reaction with this RN11; I'm not very impressed. The device seem more like a downgrade down an upgrade.

My RN7 has a more premium feel than this device. The RN11 camera is extremely shitty compared to my RN7 although Xiaomi says the N11 is a 50MP. I don't see how this is true.

My N7 still manages to produce crisp images even in low lighting but this N11 crumbles flat! The camera is embarrassing for a brand that has consistently pushed the bar of excellence over the years.

If you're using RN7, 8, 9 or 10, and your device still works well, I see no reason why you should upgrade to Note 11. In fact, the RN10 has a better overall chipset performance than this RN11! Xiaomi ran out of ideas with this launch.

The only thing this device (RN11) has going for it is the AMOLED display 90Hz refresh rate. Which is not really all that spectacular after using the device over a day. The 90hz functionality begins to lag after using it for a long time.

The battery is okay. The 33W charges takes it from 0-50% in less than 30 minutes.

Gaming with this device is subpar. For a N116k+ device, all I can do is shake my head in disappointment... Xiaomi got this one wrong!

Probably the only thing I like about this device is that it's light weight; It's easy to hold. And for some reason, I haven't seen any intrusive ads within the MIUI skin. So, kudos to them for getting rid of it. Maybe.

My final verdict, I'll give this device a 4/10. My RN7 trumps this device in more ways than one; from hardware to aesthetics and to performance. The N11 is a downgrade and I got the 6gb/128gb variant.

Don't buy. Bump your budget and go for the RN10 pro or wait for future releases.

Ps: This is my personal opinion [which I'm entitled to] and. it does not represent the idea of other users. Contrary views are welcomed.
Thanks for the elaborate review

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ArchyR: 12:53am On Mar 24, 2022
genius43:

A phone people are returning is what you are looking for? Better look for another device before you allow big battery to koba you.
So what do you suppose I choose bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:28am On Mar 24, 2022
Pandorah:
I've not OC nor flashed any superfluous kernel. I flashed CROM to get extra features unavailable in stock ROM. I'm just not a fan of stock ROM. I've never fried any motherboard, wether mine or my customers'

Crdoid comes with OC kernel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmyreal4(m): 5:29am On Mar 24, 2022
GrandMufti:

Crdoid comes with OC kernel
very correct, custom roms come with custom kernels that are different from the stock.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 7:11am On Mar 24, 2022
genius43:

Now put your phone on flight mode and dial the above code and set it to 4G. Now toggle on Mobile Radio power for some seconds then toggle it back off.

Now turn off flight mode. This method is also applicable to nTel and maybe smile.
can I use this method to lock my glo to 4g? It's always alternating BTW 4g, H+ and E

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Pandorah:
grin grin grin
Only if u know the type of 'charger' I'm using. I have one Powerline III and one GaN charger. I use the chargers for all my devices. Even the smart Watch.
You of all people shouldn't be asking such question undecided

I know why I am asking because some chargers can go crazy sometimes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2022
pat077:
can I use this method to lock my glo to 4g? It's always alternating BTW 4g, H+ and E

*#*#4636#*#* and set to LTE Only is all you need.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:33am On Mar 24, 2022
ArchyR:
So what do you suppose I choose bro

Look for alternatives. There is Redmi 10, Redmi 10c and even the Redmi Note 11
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pandorah(m): 8:02am On Mar 24, 2022
genius43:

I know why I am asking because some chargers can go crazy sometimes.
Definitely not these two small but mighty comrades grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 8:07am On Mar 24, 2022
genius43:

*#*#4636#*#* and set to LTE Only is all you need.
did that but it's still same

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:08am On Mar 24, 2022
pat077:
did that but it's still same

4G is extremely bad in your location this one I am seeing 1 bar. I will advise you find other alternatives.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2022
genius43:

4G is extremely bad in your location this one I am seeing 1 bar. I will advise you find other alternatives.
yes. But most times when the bar is full is when it switches to E but when it's on 1 or 2 bar that it stays on 4g. I have alternatives.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etibaba(m): 8:30am On Mar 24, 2022
etibaba:
@genius43, lately i experience some kind of Ghost touch on my RN9s, it doesn't stop until i lock and unlock the phone. It happens once in a while but the occurrence seem to have increased recently.
Cc: genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:57am On Mar 24, 2022
etibaba:
Cc: genius.43

Ghost touch is in most cases a hardware issue. You can try reinstalling your ROM to see if it solves it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by etibaba(m): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2022
genius43:

Ghost touch is in most cases a hardware issue. You can try reinstalling your ROM to see if it solves it.
ok thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AmandaLuv(f): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2022
Hello xiaomi lovers. Please I was updating my phone the other day and I do not know how this came about nor what it is. Is it OK for me to delete it cos its taking up space in my phone. Tnx

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2022
AmandaLuv:
Hello xiaomi lovers. Please I was updating my phone the other day and I do not know how this came about nor what it is. Is it OK for me to delete it cos its taking up space in my phone. Tnx
its the update file downloaded. If you're done updating, its safe to delete.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AmandaLuv(f): 10:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Alfabest07:
its the update file downloaded. If you're done updating, its safe to delete.
OK thank u so much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SyncForth: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
Yea
dukeboss:
you made the payment through card? Wait for 30days or contact your bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (8867) (8868) (8869) (8870) (8871) (8872) (8873) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.