Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9246363 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) (8966) (8967) (8968) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
mrrandomguy:
cheesy

I am thinking of buying note 9 pro; Chinese version with Global ROM.

I am not a fan of using the "latest" phones which are overpriced. My strategy is to stay 2 versions behind.

My 2 cents bro. Try getting the global version of any Xiaomi device you want to buy. I use Chinese version of redmi and I'm suffering when it comes to 4g bands.

In the same vicinity, my Tecno tablet will receive 4g signal, when 8 switch SIM to my redmi, 4g go disappear cos Chinese version don't have the common 4g bands. Especially if your area no get all the bands
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mainola: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
michaellovaldo:
Good evening house.... please this Cell standby is taking too much of my battery juice, please how can I resolve this issue?
Your theme name sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
AmIHuman:
Thanks 4 the info
You're welcome bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jFrankNorfleet: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hello my people. I bought a Redmi Note 7 from someone here 3 years ago and I used it with no issue till around 3 months ago that while separating a fight between customers in my shop the phone was knocked out from my hand which coincided with the
day I removed the screenguard.screen got Damaged and I had it replaced a while later. this Sunday the screen I replaced got Damaged again -you know how the less said about how strong these replacement screens are the better - Anyways I take it in for repair again although by that time my power flex got spoilt so I managed to keep using it without switching it off. when the screen was changed for the second time the phone couldn't be switched on again owing to the bad power flex. Anyways I just bought Redmi Note 10 Pro from Noobody but I'm still looking to change the power flex and the screen for the Redmi Note 7 cuz I still want to recover my data from the phone. is there anyone here that has these parts?

I don't even mind a situation which I "rent" the part long enough to get my data out and the part is removed again. thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
mainola:

Your theme name sir
I'm using the follow-come theme with Poco launcher... that's all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
mrrandomguy:
cheesy

I am not a fan of using the "latest" phones which are overpriced. My strategy is to stay 2 versions behind.
Lol.. I might try something different when I'm ready to leave the club.. grin Oppo or Poco perhaps grin RN10Pro is another banger, but I'm sure Xiaomi will create something better in the coming years..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OwoukoUrua(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2022
genius43:

Android system usually increases most times from phone being idle and apps running in the background during that period.

Thanks

It's just that I feel like it's too much

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:04am On Jul 14, 2022
mrrandomguy:
cheesy

Chinese Version of Note 9 Pro doesn't have an official Global ROM so think carefully.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:05am On Jul 14, 2022
jFrankNorfleet:
Hello my people. I bought a Redmi Note 7 from someone here 3 years ago and I used it with no issue till around 3 months ago that while separating a fight between customers in my shop the phone was knocked out from my hand which coincided with the
day I removed the screenguard.screen got Damaged and I had it replaced a while later. this Sunday the screen I replaced got Damaged again -you know how the less said about how strong these replacement screens are the better - Anyways I take it in for repair again although by that time my power flex got spoilt so I managed to keep using it without switching it off. when the screen was changed for the second time the phone couldn't be switched on again owing to the bad power flex. Anyways I just bought Redmi Note 10 Pro from Noobody but I'm still looking to change the power flex and the screen for the Redmi Note 7 cuz I still want to recover my data from the phone. is there anyone here that has these parts?

I don't even mind a situation which I "rent" the part long enough to get my data out and the part is removed again. thanks

That power flex might even be on Jumia check there first
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 6:53am On Jul 14, 2022
jFrankNorfleet:

Just that their is fraud in everything,. Normally redmi note 7 screens comes in full package with casing and buttons
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michaellovaldo(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2022
genius43:

Android system usually increases most times from phone being idle and apps running in the background during that period.

Boss what about Cell standby,it's taking alot of my battery juice, what's the cause please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:51am On Jul 14, 2022
michaellovaldo:

Boss what about Cell standby,it's taking alot of my battery juice, what's the cause please?

Change your network provider simple.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lamboway: 7:52am On Jul 14, 2022
Good Day chiefs.

Please, I haven't been able to open any link from any apps recently
If I try it, it's either the Said app crashes or it restarts.
I can't open any link anywhere other than from a browser, please what can I do to salvage this situation.
Thanks.
@genius43
@gptech
Others
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrrandomguy: 7:52am On Jul 14, 2022
Kennyflyair:

My 2 cents bro. Try getting the global version of any Xiaomi device you want to buy. I use Chinese version of redmi and I'm suffering when it comes to 4g bands.

In the same vicinity, my Tecno tablet will receive 4g signal, when 8 switch SIM to my redmi, 4g go disappear cos Chinese version don't have the common 4g bands. Especially if your area no get all the bands

Oga change your network. Must you remain with Glo?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mrrandomguy: 7:54am On Jul 14, 2022
genius43:

Chinese Version of Note 9 Pro doesn't have an official Global ROM so think carefully.
You must be a novice.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2022
tomsniel:

What's the font name?

It's either Orbindo _ Salsa 1 (former) or Airtight Hug (currently) can't remember the one am using when I made that post.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by missiles: 11:54am On Jul 14, 2022
mrrandomguy:
You must be a novice.

shocked grin Someone that's trying to inform you on what's on ground you called a novice? Lols I laugh in Swahilli, @genius43 pls keep the good works you're doing here don't mind some ungrateful elements here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
mrrandomguy:
You must be a novice.

Novice ke? Please do you Xiaomi of the RN5 days have changed. I used a CN RN5 bought in 2018 and we were here when people were battling with shop ROMs.

RN5 had a Global Version, But RN9 Pro China which is a 5G model with SD 750G has only an Indian Version which is the Mi 10i if you are fine with Indian ROM do go ahead.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 12:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Sorry to ask

If a font is changed, wouldn't it affect the font on all apps?

I changed my font.

The change was visible on WhatsApp but not visible on nairaland ,(via brave browser)..

Is that how it's meant to be
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
Lamboway:
Good Day chiefs.

Please, I haven't been able to open any link from any apps recently
If I try it, it's either the Said app crashes or it restarts.
I can't open any link anywhere other than from a browser, please what can I do to salvage this situation.
Thanks.
@genius...43
@gp
..tech
Others

Which phone and what Android Version

Try clearing defaults. Though I am on Android 12 same device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abbeytoy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
Please, I need good recommendations Redmi phone for an elderly person...

All she needed is WhatsApp, Facebook and watch movies...

Budget 40,000 to 45,000
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SpiritFree: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2022
Add 5k
But Redmi 9a

Abbeytoy:
Please, I need good recommendations Redmi phone for an elderly person...

All she needed is WhatsApp, Facebook and watch movies...

Budget 40,000 to 45,000

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abbeytoy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
SpiritFree:
Add 5k
But Redmi 9a

A good buy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good afternoon guys.
please is it advisable to do a factory reset after any updates at all (even if it's just security patch update) or only when it's a huge update (like from one version of Android to the other).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lamboway: 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
genius43:

Which phone and what Android Version

Redmi Note 10 pro, Android 11.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SpiritFree: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
Abbeytoy:

A good buy?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2022
SpiritFree:

By today's standards.....no. Redmi 10 2022 or Redmi 10 c is better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SpiritFree: 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
23jerryking:
By today's standards.....no. Redmi 10 2022 or Redmi 10 c is better.

45k budget
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 23jerryking(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2022
SpiritFree:

45k budget
Oh... I'm sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WilsonBright935: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
How can I install gbwhatsapp on my redmi 10c?
Playastore is not allowing me to do that?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
WilsonBright935:
How can I install gbwhatsapp on my redmi 10c?
Playastore is not allowing me to do that?

Look for another Mod that Play Protect won't flag because once it flags it, Google's new implementation is to automatically uninstall the app if it is already installed on your device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WilsonBright935: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2022
genius43:

Look for another Mod that Play Protect won't flag because once it flags it, Google's new implementation is to automatically uninstall the app if it is already installed on your device.

Can you give me some?
Fuhad or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) (8966) (8967) (8968) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.