Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9242584 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8960) (8961) (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) (8966) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
atinga1:
Abeg Oga, should I go for the 10s?

Poco M4 Pro or 10s.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 12:53am On Jul 12, 2022
Reminderz:

when I told some guys here to be careful with the way they jump to updates their phones anytime a new update pops out, they come out barking like a dog that is on a leash.
you'll hear something like "download full ROM, restart severally, download manually" and all those kind of bullshit making it seem like xiomi is flawless... the thing is that Xiomi software is bad and very unstable and that's the issue Xiomi needs to focus on. How I go dey fear on top say I wan update my phone? To download update manually na fasting and prayer sef. nawa oo. Shey na everybody get time for that one? Updating your phone should be the easiest thing a lay man should do without any problems, but for Xiomi, it's the opposite. other than that issue, they produce good phones.

they should fix it asap.
I just got this for my Note 8T. Is it safe?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fucklove(m): 6:00am On Jul 12, 2022
Good morning my people, Which good phone can I get with 30 - 35k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AmIHuman: 6:47am On Jul 12, 2022
Can any redmi 10c user do a quick review of the device, pros and cons
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reminderz: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2022
DonnyE:

I just got this for my Note 8T. Is it safe?
1) I'm not using your type of device.
2) I haven't updated mine ever since I bought it because of update issues, so I don't know about it.
3) I think some people have updated to this version (but different phone model) and it was good
4) tag atheist or genius to tell you more about it.
5) you can try to read update reviews on it online like gsmarena or some other forums like that to find out more about it. any decision you make, just tread safely.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:19am On Jul 12, 2022
Fucklove:
Good morning my people, Which good phone can I get with 30 - 35k?

None. It seems like you are in a different country
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fucklove(m): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2022
genius43:

None. It seems like you are in a different country
Help me complete the payment sir. I'm a young man with potentials cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mainola: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2022
profmsboi:

Bro, what's the name of your theme?

Project EDIT 13
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mainola: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2022
SyncForth:
Theme and font name?

Theme-Project EDIT 13

Font-Hus Sweet Cocoa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2022
ASPIREX:
I have noticed that recently this thread (which by the way I've been following for over 2 years now) has become more of a complaints platform. It's surprising because I have been using Redmi phones for over 5 years now and I really couldn't complain about anything but then that could perhaps be because I am not a heavy user. Guys, what's really happening?

I am currently using Redmi 8 and my experience in the last two years is beyond satisfactory. I am thinking of raising the bar and going for the note series but I have a difficulty choosing right now because of the myriad of complaints here.

Can someone help me recommend a good, tried and tested Redmi Note series. Age and year of launch doesn't really matter to me but it must be rugged and reliable enough to last at least two years.

Don't even think about it bro, just go for Samsung. You're just one of the lucky few that are yet to experience problems from their xiaomi device. Anyway it is just a matter of time, you will soon come here to lament and post your own nasty experience.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by profmsboi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
mainola:

Project EDIT 13

Thank you man.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
Just got the Poco m4 pro

Nice device!

But I can't really see the difference between 90hz and 60hz display o!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2022
I can't change my font even after I changed it to India any solution?

And I could not install the gcam I've been using on my device it shows "app not installed" Is it due to android 11 restrictions?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dellaziz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
I changed my font type.

But it seems it doesn't change on some browsers like chrome and brave

How can I go about it please?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sammymax: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2022
I have a redmi 9t that needs the board to be changed. I want to sell it as scrap, any interested engineer All other parts working perfectly, screen without scratch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by weblord1900: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2022
The new control center. Redmi note 10 pro

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tomsniel(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
weblord1900:
The new control center. Redmi note 10 pro

Which update is this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
alosbaba007:

Dont mind them when u can replenish the battery in minutes with todays technology.

I guess you are enjoying steady power supply in your area. If you leave in an area with epileptic power supply, SOT will mean alot to you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
Urchman27:
My note 10 pro is just frustrating me.
It will freeze and hang until i force restart it.
I have factory reset it and the problem is still there

Phone of 6GB RAM for that matter Even the highly criticised "shitfinix" and "scrapno" as Xiaomi marketers call it don't behave like this for their 6GB variants.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2022
cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
Reminderz:

be careful with updates, una nor go hear. miui is unstable.

Don't mind them, I don't know what they derive from it, as if they can update their low/mid range device to the level of flagships. Mine is is roughly 2years old now and no major problems apart from the frequent lags and hanging which I have learnt to live with. I do get notifications for MIUI updates but i always refuse it. If I want something new, i will rather update my individual apps than update the whole OS. When I am finally bored with the phone, I will get a new one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jazzman01: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
EmmanuelBoss22:
My newly bought Poco F3 crash after a week i updated to MIUI 13
My phone is no longer turning on, nothing is showing, this is a huge red flag for xiaomi i bought this phone for gaming CODM now i can't enjoy it

Ogarexmas:
My Redmi note 9 keeps going on and off, when there's a call immediately the phone rings it goes off and restart. When I'm watching movies on it if there's a change in the sound of the movie, maybe somebody is shouting it goes off and reboot.

I thought it was a virus and I factory reset my phone but there's was no improvement. I also updated the Redmi note 9 to the latest update still the same problem.

Please how do I solve this issue?

Ayekotoo:
Please gurus, I have been battling with my redmi note 7 for sometime. since I updated to MIUI 12.5.3, I cant make call, receive call, or watch video with my headphone, if I try to initiate any of these three phone goes off. I have installed manually yet no improvement except I factory reset it. Kindly assist me because I can't afford any phone for now. Thanks

yemi2plus:
Good morning everyone,

My Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite randomly restart itself every day. It seem to be getting worst lately.

I first started to notice the issue after the last update I did and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing same.

What could be the solution to this please?

sammymax:
Please experts in the house your inputs will be highly appreciated. I have a dead redmi 9t, I took it to redmi service center I was told it might be board problem and I will have to pay 54k to get it repaired. So please can I repair it, will it still work fine, and hope the issue of the deadboot will be resolved. Thanks for your inputs

Please also note that at the moment money no dey, na that 60k budget dey. So it's either I repair or buy some other lower tecno phone

adikwuGodwin:
My xiaomi mi a3 just stopped working all of sudden, repairers said they don't know what the fault is please help �

gabrielokeke555:
Hey Peepz, my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 pro recently starts rebooting it self at intervals just like that.

Happens when am streaming on youtube
Puts a call on loudspeaker mode
Trying to snap/capture with camera.

It justs goes off abruptly and reboots.

Phone specs is 6GB/128GB

Please what could be wrong??

Fritz007:
Hello guys please I need help my Redmi note 9 is no longer powering up and if a charger is connected it will start behaving like it wants to boot but won't and will continue doing that until the charger is unplugged.... I can't seem to make my laptop see the phone in fastboot mode to flash it.

moshoodn:

You are not alone, sir... 13.0.8

tomsniel:
Redmi Note 10 pro just dey Freeze up and down. Process and System UI not responding. You have to restart before I can use it. I am on 13.0.8

sgtponzihater1:
Nothing will make me fall for Xaomi scam again. I have found were I can drop money twice weekly for S22. I plan to start next week. Will sell my Mi 11 lite 5g for 120k. All the best to Mi userz

sahsahb:
All of a sudden, my redmi not 10 pro battery drains faster than usual, and my phone is freezing sometimes ( system ui is not responding).. Plss help. Any solution to this issues..

Ps: Its updated to the latest miui

Na wa ooooooo! After going through just 5 pages, see complains! But this same Xiaomi marketers will tell you to make sure your house is close to Carlcare before purchasing a Transsion device.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
Jazzman01:

Na wa ooooooo! After going through just 5 pages, see complains! But this same Xiaomi marketers will tell you to make sure your house is close to Carlcare before purchasing a Transsion device.

MemeUI is simply Beautiful trash

Pained Fanboys will soon come for your head
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
mainola:
Please anybody using this update, is it okay for download?

Font name please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
The jobless one is here again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Johnny4you:
Please I want to sell my RN7 128 Rom and 4gb Ram but I cant seem to locate the thread to post same.....any help here for the link?

Link is on the first page, first post of this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2022
Who has updated their redmi note 11 to android 12 here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
dellaziz:
Just got the Poco m4 pro

Nice device!

But I can't really see the difference between 90hz and 60hz display o!
How much did you get it for?

Please is there anyone who can help me decide between Redmi 10c or Poco m4 pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leetylee: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
leetylee:
I can't change my font even after I changed it to India any solution?

And I could not install the gcam I've been using on my device it shows "app not installed" Is it due to android 11 restrictions?
??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
leetylee:

??

Download the latest theme app. I shared a link to it some time within the past two weeks. You don't even need to change region to change fonts anymore.

If the Gcam is not compatible with your current android version get a recent one it is that simple. There are android behaviours that you don't need to seek opinions for anymore.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8960) (8961) (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) (8966) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m), iamlammy(m), Solidarity9490(m), jameslojohn(m), tudy and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.