Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,026 members, 7,810,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9167356 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9285) (9286) (9287) (9288) (9289) (9290) (9291) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repaircentreng: 4:06am On Jan 29
Rapsowdee01:
Guys...

Good evening.

My Redmi Note 10 Pro screen all of a sudden just had these white & different colour vertical lines over the screen and they've refused to go.

I reached out to a phone engineer and he mentioned the screen has issue.

Repair is 25k naira.

Now my question is that is it advisable to spend such to fix the screen (which obviously isn't same as the follow-come) or I should just look forward and save up for a new phone.

I got the phone immediately it launched in Nigeria in 2021 and I've had to change battery (which is giving me issue).

Will buy off the phone from u
If willing to sell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Azazyel: 10:03am On Jan 29
Marvie001:
Pls where can I buy Poco m5 6gb-124gb in portHarcout
And price?

The 128gb/6gb variant is around 135k to 145k depending on the location and seller. Check Jiji. You'll see some sellers in pH
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrvictorwrite(m): 10:14am On Jan 29
Wow so good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MakelemiJnr(m): 3:30pm On Jan 29
Please my redmi note 11 pro has battery drain issues... If it's fully charged at night before I'd wake up it will drain to 88% or thereabouts... And during usage it drains more than normal as well... What can I do please? Change the battery or? Please I need response anyone...
I'm on android 13 MIUI 14
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29
Marvie001:
Pls where can I buy Poco m5 6gb-124gb in portHarcout
And price?

Macbeyland has M5s not M5 but he is PH based
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:58pm On Jan 29
MakelemiJnr:
Please my redmi note 11 pro has battery drain issues... If it's fully charged at night before I'd wake up it will drain to 88% or thereabouts... And during usage it drains more than normal as well... What can I do please? Change the battery or? Please I need response anyone...
I'm on android 13 MIUI 14

Reflash the ROM or Try another network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kayzybaba(m): 11:17pm On Jan 29
Hi guys my Redmi Note 10 usually shows low ram usage even and it keeps on getting slower. Any idea what the problem is?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MakelemiJnr(m): 1:13am On Jan 30
Sorry boss I don't quite understand what you mean
I suggest flashed (factory reset) the phone if that's a part of what you mean
GrandMufti:

Reflash the ROM or Try another network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:18am On Jan 30
Kayzybaba:
Hi guys my Redmi Note 10 usually shows low ram usage even and it keeps on getting slower. Any idea what the problem is?

It is on your usage. You have less than 1GB free RAM available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:19am On Jan 30
MakelemiJnr:
Sorry boss I don't quite understand what you mean
I suggest flashed (factory reset) the phone if that's a part of what you mean

It simply meant, redownload your ROM manually and install it manually.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 6:43am On Jan 30
Who is using redmi note 13 here
Will appreciate personal usage review
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MakelemiJnr(m): 8:16am On Jan 30
Thank you
genius43:

It simply meant, redownload your ROM manually and install it manually.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amex2018: 3:51pm On Jan 30
please someone should help drop Igemburg phone number here or anyone that has plug to change redmi note 9s screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kayzybaba(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30
What can I do to increase it?
genius43:

It is on your usage. You have less than 1GB free RAM available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30
Kayzybaba:
What can I do to increase it?

There is nothing much you can do but reduce the number of apps running in the background.

Like I have said the 4GB RAM is the new 2GB RAM.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by martyns200(m): 10:34am On Jan 31
Hello house, pls my redmi note 12 fails to connect to my laptop when I on the hotspot, d feedback I get from the laptop when connecting is can't connect due to this network. Also had to reset WiFi hotspot and Bluetooth, it successful connected but next day when I wanted to connect to my laptop still can't connect due to this network. Tried to reset WiFi, hot spot etc but still same thing.It wasn't like D's when I bought the phone, jus started this a month ago.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 10:44am On Jan 31
Can someone get a good xiaomi 5g phone with 200k?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekiseme(m): 11:16am On Jan 31
Hello guys, please i need help with my mi 11t pro,
It gets heated easily even without doing anything heavy on the phone,
I maybe chatting on WhatsApp and the phone will start heating up,
Atimes in the night the flashlight can't come on because the phone is overheated.

What should i do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:39pm On Jan 31
Ekiseme:
Atimes in the night the flashlight can't come on because the phone is overheated.

What should i do?

Update your phone / Reflash the ROM and factory reset
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ksly24(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31
Anyone got the poco f2 pro for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekiseme(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31
GrandMufti:

Update your phone / Reflash the ROM and factory reset
ok thanks, let me wait for the hyper os update and see how far after that
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31
Gptech:

Redmi 12 is supposed to be a low end device. Some features have to be stripped off either so the device can run smoothly or to differentiate it from higher devices. I know of some low end Samsung galaxy A series that doesn't have the cast/mirror feature.

It's sucks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlarh02: 11:12pm On Jan 31
[quote author=Debroslink post=128098074]

usc Cable? [/quote

Yes
Idk the rules on links here

https://www./turbo-6a-usb-type-c-cable-for-fast-charging-xiaomi-mpg3790649.html?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pdpshare-apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlphaNugget(m): 6:25pm On Feb 01
๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ Redmi 13c

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by King234(m): 1:15am On Feb 02
ksly24:
Anyone got the poco f2 pro for sale?
Yes it is available 8/256gb
200k firm(non negotiable)
Pictures will be dropped here upon request
Escrow is welcomed also
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ColonelMichael: 6:30am On Feb 02
horlarh02:

GM here. I used to be a Redmi fan too. They offer better hardware at affordable prices but their software is terrible. My first redmi device was a Redmi 9t. It went into deadboot. At Raya they just formatted it and gave me back. I read here that year that it was a common issue with the model. So I bought a note 10 pro, The phone is great, I'm currently using it but it has frustrated me enough.
I can't remember when it started but I started getting the system UI not responding popup I formatted it. Over the time I've downloaded every OTA and currently using the latest 14.0.8. The system UI not responding issue was recurring every time that if I don't press ok it will just keep coming back. When I click ok,the screen goes off and locks, then all the notifications that are already on the bar are resounded (can't really explain this part only someone who has experienced this knows what I'm saying). It was just frustrating the past 10months.
Something I find interesting is that a friend bought the same product but from Amazon and has never had issues. But another bought a note 12pro here and is having similar issues. Oh I forgot to mention when connected to my earbuds playing music and a call comes I, after the call, the music starts playing on the top speaker and earbuds together.
Meanwhile the friend who bought from Amazon never experienced this. It has led me to conclude that maybe there's an issue with the batches sent to Nigeria.

In all the experience and UI is great. I don't know if these issues occur in their top flagships but I've decided to leave the Xiaomi ecosystem. It was fun and bitter.

I am having the same system UI closing on note 9 pro, not only system UI, something data force closing.

I noticed the system UI issues usually go away for some time if I change themes that are compatible or clear the storage of system UI app, it will reset your wallpapers and all your screen settings.
In all it was a great device till the real owners observed it.
I am in a search for an affordable worthy replacement to get by next week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ColonelMichael: 6:32am On Feb 02
Ekiseme:

What should i do?

I am looking to buying same phone, how often does it happen and have you made any major update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Eidris01(m): 6:40am On Feb 02
genius43:

The Essager I used brought turbo charge on RN10 Pro but doesn't show same on some other devices like Poco M4 Pro.

If it is an Essager 33W Gan Charger get a 7A USB cable it should work.

Also as long as your phone is charging fast enough, I don't see why you should lose sleep over it not showing Turbo charge. My current 65W Gan charger doesn't show turbo charge when I use type c to type cable but it is charging fast enough at around 30W so why worry?
I'm experiencing similar issue on my Note 12, when I insert my charger, it doesn't switch to fast charging until remove and re-insert the charger a couple of times.

And while it's at single charging (not fast charging) , a message pops up indicating that my phone charges slowly.

So, I've decided to update to HyperOS to see if there are going to be any changes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ColonelMichael: 9:47am On Feb 02
AlphaNugget:

As for me, I don't like it and I will be never try it.

I asked Google and see what I found๐Ÿ‘‡

nothing there shows it affects the phone charger.
All solar chargers come with charge controller, most fast charge and for xiaomi turbo chargers, the voltage delivered do increase to even 9v and beyond, so what are you saying that solar chargers will supply a damaging voltage?

Will your phone be in same sun with the charger when charging it?
I don't understand where the heat issue comes into play.

Your phone battery is either 3.7v 0r 4.2v, your phone uses a dc to dc boost/buck converter to charge it or use its power to power your phone, it is same with solar chargers, there are circuits to make sure the voltage and current it supplies is within the advertised range.
Same with people saying generators spoil phones when generators produce AC and your charger converts it to DC to your phone, haven't you opened your charger to see all the high and low bypass filters for bad harmonics that may arise in the circuit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ColonelMichael: 12:21pm On Feb 02
Broskyjames:
Prices for the redmi 13 note series lol. The mid range spec and mid range prices are so far apart now because this is still sporting the same processor from it's predecessor with very minimal changes and the base version is starting above 200k?? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. I knew this day would come, like small something on top that 205k, some 5-6 years ago could get you a base flagship from the Galaxy S line, now it is only getting you the lowest base of a low mid range line up. Not that i blame Xaiomi tho, It's the Naira that has taking considerable beatings over the years.

I fear more people will be pushed to get used devices with fairly decent specs now, than buying a device that sports the Snapdragon 685 for above 200k in 2024 ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

exactly why I will be going for mi 11t pro, I can't splash more than 300k on those devices with meagre specs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ColonelMichael: 12:30pm On Feb 02

Do you vouch for him as being very legit?
is he residing in Lagos and where?

Seyilome:

I got it from Meister for #165,000 then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 5:38pm On Feb 02
ColonelMichael:

Do you vouch for him as being very legit?
is he residing in Lagos and where?

Very very very legit

(1) (2) (3) ... (9285) (9286) (9287) (9288) (9289) (9290) (9291) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.