Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,834 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (9285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222542 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9282) (9283) (9284) (9285) (9286) (9287) (9288) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hero2t: 1:42pm On Jan 21
AlphaNugget:

As for me, I don't like it and I will be never try it.

I asked Google and see what I found👇
Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by samueldon(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21
Good day guys, please does using Redmi note 10 pro, can you suggest any good custom rom. I have noticed many issue on my miui, double tap to lock or turn on phone screen doesn't work. Dnd doesn't work as well. Am afraid to update to the latest miui version bcus of fear of deadboot, so I want to try custom rom. Please kindly suggest. In my note 8 I used Arrow Os and it works flowlessly.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:48pm On Jan 21
samueldon:
Good day guys, please does using Redmi note 10 pro, can you suggest any good custom rom. I have noticed many issue on my miui, double tap to lock or turn on phone screen doesn't work. Dnd doesn't work as well. Am afraid to update to the latest miui version bcus of fear of deadboot, so I want to try custom rom. Please kindly suggest. In my note 8 I used Arrow Os and it works flowlessly.

There's no deadboot with rn10p. Update your phone and force restart.

Except you've tampered with your phone before.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 7:27am On Jan 22
My mi 11 lite 5g power button finally stops working .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michealdeco: 7:39am On Jan 22
Hboy41:
Redmi note 12 wey the users said it has software bugs and also it can be switched off wen locked... My first xiaomi phone was poco c40 all of a sudden started acting weird lik it has software bugs..
you can't switch off redmi note 12 while locked
It will keep restarting until you're tired
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 10:34am On Jan 22
Prechy2836:

How about these options

Please what's the name of this font? Also, did you download it from the MIUI theme store? It's beautiful.

I searched your posts and I saw the name is Amaranth.

Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Disembark: 3:04pm On Jan 22
My pppple Una good day

Pls my redmi 13c internet just stopped working suddenly

I'm using a glo line and its configured
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:14pm On Jan 22
Disembark:
My pppple Una good day

Contact Glo

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22
Guys...

Good evening.

My Redmi Note 10 Pro screen all of a sudden just had these white & different colour vertical lines over the screen and they've refused to go.

I reached out to a phone engineer and he mentioned the screen has issue.

Repair is 25k naira.

Now my question is that is it advisable to spend such to fix the screen (which obviously isn't same as the follow-come) or I should just look forward and save up for a new phone.

I got the phone immediately it launched in Nigeria in 2021 and I've had to change battery (which is giving me issue).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:38pm On Jan 22
Rapsowdee01:
Guys...

Good evening.

My Redmi Note 10 Pro screen all of a sudden just had these white & different colour vertical lines over the screen and they've refused to go.

I reached out to a phone engineer and he mentioned the screen has issue.

Repair is 25k naira.

Now my question is that is it advisable to spend such to fix the screen (which obviously isn't same as the follow-come) or I should just look forward and save up for a new phone.

I got the phone immediately it launched in Nigeria in 2021 and I've had to change battery (which is giving me issue).

The only advice I can give is that next time, avoid anything that will make you change your follow-come battery. In essence, be mindful of chargers, charging source and charging pattern.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22
GrandMufti:

The only advice I can give is that next time, avoid anything that will make you change your follow-come battery. In essence, be mindful of chargers, charging source and charging pattern.

Thanks boss.

Very duly noted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Debroslink: 9:42pm On Jan 22
Talking about chargers, I searched computer village to get the charging cable for redmi note 10 pro, but wasn't successful.

What other charger can give turbo charge for redmi note 10 pro aside its follow-come?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:53pm On Jan 22
Debroslink:
Talking about chargers, I searched computer village to get the charging cable for redmi note 10 pro, but wasn't successful.

What other charger can give turbo charge for redmi note 10 pro aside its follow-come?

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/1815#3880817.58091

Follow this thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlphaNugget(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22
Disembark:
My pppple Una good day

Change to 3g or change simcard slot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dumartz: 1:17am On Jan 23
Xup folks, i noticed my Redmi note 11 device dosen't display Mi TURBO charge anymore except QC, d charger stopped working long ago, but d cord is still ok, so i bought ESSAGER 33W charger from ALI yet MI TURBO charge doesn’t display, i checked YouTube & i saw complains of others going tru d same with various redmi devices dat support MI TURBO charge not working. any one here having same issue?? What could be d cause
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:29am On Jan 23
Dumartz:
Xup folks, i noticed my Redmi note 11 device dosen't display Mi TURBO charge anymore except QC, d charger stopped working long ago, but d cord is still ok, so i bought ESSAGER 33W charger from ALI yet MI TURBO charge doesn’t display, i checked YouTube & i saw complains of others going tru d same with various redmi devices dat support MI TURBO charge not working. any one here having same issue?? What could be d cause

The Essager I used brought turbo charge on RN10 Pro but doesn't show same on some other devices like Poco M4 Pro.

If it is an Essager 33W Gan Charger get a 7A USB cable it should work.

Also as long as your phone is charging fast enough, I don't see why you should lose sleep over it not showing Turbo charge. My current 65W Gan charger doesn't show turbo charge when I use type c to type cable but it is charging fast enough at around 30W so why worry?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benjaminy: 6:06am On Jan 23
Seyilome:

Many complain about same thing with that device. It actually happens to many xiaomi devices, I think. It happened to my redmi note 4, and also my Poco f2 pro. And of course, I hardly drop phones.

All these phone manufacturers need to step up. You'll switch to Samsung, and the screen will start having lines. You'll switch to infinix or Tecno,and........who even does that grin. But seriously, It's only iphone that I confidently trust with regards to durability and longetivity of hardware components
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennydollz(m): 7:48am On Jan 23
Seyilome:

Too bad, got thesame device, it's over a year now and my button still works. I actually read about this issue when i got it and abstained from using the button except for fingerprint and for power on/off occasionally. I just use double tap and so far so good, can always order from Ali tho

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:42am On Jan 23
genius43:

The Essager I used brought turbo charge on RN10 Pro but doesn't show same on some other devices like Poco M4 Pro.

If it is an Essager 33W Gan Charger get a 7A USB cable it should work.

Also as long as your phone is charging fast enough, I don't see why you should lose sleep over it not showing Turbo charge. My current 65W Gan charger doesn't show turbo charge when I use type c to type cable but it is charging fast enough at around 30W so why worry?

As in,

I wonder why people worry about turbo charge display,

It's just an animation.

Focus on the exact speed your device is getting,as long as it's not below the rated input,
You are good.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:06am On Jan 23
Anyone on hyper OS yet?
Popped up on my redmi 12 but 4.4 gig yen
. E gagantua
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 10:22am On Jan 23
Kennydollz:

Too bad, got thesame device, it's over a year now and my button still works. I actually read about this issue when i got it and abstained from using the button except for fingerprint and for power on/off occasionally. I just use double tap and so far so good, can always order from Ali tho
I didn't know that this particular phone always has power button issue, and I didn't use the double tap to wake the screen, I have orderd for the power button theough noobody.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennydollz(m): 10:47am On Jan 23
Seyilome:

I didn't know that this particular phone always has power button issue, and I didn't use the double tap to wake the screen, I have orderd for the power button theough noobody.
Alright, cheers man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:14am On Jan 23
noobody:

As in,

I wonder why people worry about turbo charge display,

It's just an animation.

Focus on the exact speed your device is getting,as long as it's not below the rated input,
You are good.

grin orgasm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Itsmedozie: 12:04pm On Jan 23
genius43:

Good day sir, new to the mi ecosystem, I have one issue, when I connect my device to a Bluetooth speaker or wireless earbuds, the volume ain't high as my previous device.
Any tips?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Broskyjames: 2:02pm On Jan 23
Prices for the redmi 13 note series lol. The mid range spec and mid range prices are so far apart now because this is still sporting the same processor from it's predecessor with very minimal changes and the base version is starting above 200k?? 😬😬. I knew this day would come, like small something on top that 205k, some 5-6 years ago could get you a base flagship from the Galaxy S line, now it is only getting you the lowest base of a low mid range line up. Not that i blame Xaiomi tho, It's the Naira that has taking considerable beatings over the years.

I fear more people will be pushed to get used devices with fairly decent specs now, than buying a device that sports the Snapdragon 685 for above 200k in 2024 😩

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:02pm On Jan 23
Itsmedozie:

Good day sir, new to the mi ecosystem, I have one issue, when I connect my device to a Bluetooth speaker or wireless earbuds, the volume ain't high as my previous device.
Any tips?

Which device are we talking about here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:04pm On Jan 23
Broskyjames:
Prices for the redmi 13 note series lol. The mid range spec and mid range prices are so far apart now because this is still sporting the same processor from it's predecessor with very minimal changes and the base version is starting above 200k?? 😬😬. I knew this day would come, like small something on top that 205k, some 5-6 years ago could get you a base flagship from the Galaxy S line, now it is only getting you the lowest base of a low mid range line up. Not that i blame Xaiomi tho, It's the Naira that has taking considerable beatings over the years.

I fear more people will be pushed to get used devices with fairly decent specs now, than buying a device that sports the Snapdragon 685 for above 200k in 2024 😩

And is it the manufacturers fault that our Naira is now useless?

Didn't you see the base S24 costing over 1m naira?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Itsmedozie: 2:25pm On Jan 23
genius43:

Which device are we talking about here?
Poco F5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abbeytoy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 23
genius43:

And is it the manufacturer's fault that our Naira is now useless?

Didn't you see the base S24 costing over 1m naira?

Did he update the post?

I see he already said he doesn't blame Xiaomi but Naira.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:38pm On Jan 23
Itsmedozie:

Poco F5

Turn off Dolby Atmos.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23
Abbeytoy:

Did he update the post?

I see he already said he doesn't blame Xiaomi but Naira.

I probably missed that part.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23
Broskyjames:

That's definately the way to go now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9282) (9283) (9284) (9285) (9286) (9287) (9288) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.