Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers (93573 Views)

Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by tosinjay(m): 11:34pm On May 10, 2016
catlova2:
Anyways, share your story. I hope this thread wont end up with some lazy ass sending his/her life savings to someone in the hope of investing. It has happened here before.
This is what happens when the matter waka go fp, op no need investment. Abi Ymodulus you need? He's just sharing like he always do. Who call lala make e carry am go dstv oo.. we fit no fit follow up well again.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Jethrolite(m): 11:50pm On May 10, 2016
KPhantom:
wait oo, did i just hear that this guy is 23?? 23?? and im seeing 70million, ewo... Young rich Nigga.. #hats off to all risk takers.. #team agric.
I have been following his write up for some time and assumed he was close to thirty or even older as SCD sufferers usually look younger than their age. Since I read on this thread that he is 23 my breathing and heartbeat has been funny.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by 812clothings(m): 11:57pm On May 10, 2016
Chai!it can't be said better
mixter:
Almost everybody has said something, Now it's my turn.I will make this brief and concise as much as I can. As for those doubting him, keep doubting. Little thing about Ymodulus is, He rarely do business with people, i.e, collecting money to do it for you. He has laid it down for all to see. It's your choice to make do of the information. But trust Nigerians, they like hoarding information just to maximize profit. From importation to Keke business to Yam business to Money exchange and now to tomato business. Well, the list is much, this is the few I can think of. Funny enough, he gave it all for free.
As for the tomato biz, I actually did follow him from the start to when he got the tomato in Cameroon. From the flights to the meal, to the pictures he took in the different vehicles and even the truck and his bills. Guess what, I was shocked in one of our conversation when he said that he has spent above 100k in search of the said product, but hasn't gotten it. I saw some bills. Truth be told, he has got some really big balls. It might sound easy but it's not that easy, it has its own hurdles. Don't be surprised in the next 4 months, Ymodulus is into something else. As a business man, he spots opportunities and take advantage of it. We all know that the product is actually scarce and it is not even available in the country now. If people can import things from neighboring countries and not follow the truck and still get their goods delivered, why should this be different. Atleast, speaking from experience.
As for those saying, it's not possible. Please you can keep doubting, he has nothing to proof to you.
It would be fair if you share your stories with us and inspire us. We would appreciate.

Tosicrato Ymodulus.

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Jethrolite(m): 12:14am On May 11, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Nice one @ymodulus, very adventurous...

Although I am not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bad-belle or anything, from a business-man point of view, you did great but from a scientist point of view, this is still the same 'running around in cycles' that has kept us in the dark.

My point, we need to start thinking of ways to preserve tomatoes! It sold for N300 per basket 3 months ago, now its N14,000 per basket. That is almost 500% increase in just 3 months. If we can get a preservative to keep tomatoes intact for just 4 months, we will be making smart profits without dodging bullets, dodging thieves, sleeping in the forests, taking flights upandan cheesy

Anyone that can pull this off should contact me with a proposal and funding
Preserving tomatoes is not rocket science, all you need is sub zero freezing warehouse but where is the power in Nigeria to run such a warehouse. Powering the warehouse with solar power will help but the initial cost will be out of this world. That is how the white man does it, they produce quantities to last the whole year then refrigerate before processing to meet market demand.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by tosinjay(m): 12:17am On May 11, 2016
bobkezel:
This story can inspire the non-right thinking man in the wrong direction. Follow his steps and you will lose it all. Lies upon lies. Flying around naija in search of tomatoes, giving out free monies, phones and other valuables to every d!ck, tom and harry. Is that how you do your own business? And you call yourself a business guy. My friend, it is either you are blatantly lying, or you are just being extremely hyperbolic. Liessss.
Oga, this is another thing we'll face for having the topic in fp, it has attracted gbogbo aye... seems you're just encountering him. See no be today. The lil business me sef dey do if some less enlightened folks hear, they'll feel it's too good to be true... Oga relax and lets have less pages so we can read better. On top una mata, dem don ban am, im no fit kWontinu again.

3 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by miqos02(m): 1:40am On May 11, 2016
stuhporh:
Nice story, a lot of money involved, lots of techniques on how to move the money is involved, lot of info are not been told. But in the end he made it happen, its inspiring.

What i picked from these is growing tomatoes here in the southwest. it is possible, it is happening. i have seen 5 different green houses between Ajah and Epe growing tomatoes and pepper.

Living in Ibadan ogun, osun etc, this should be your target. GET INSPIRED BY THE STORY INSTEAD OF ATTACKING THE OP. ASK A QUESTION INSTEAD OF ARGUING WITH HIM.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by afreekah: 3:21am On May 11, 2016
x240:

And I work in a firm that audits financial institutions, banks, and allied institutions . I am trained to detect bullshit and I call this tale bullshit.

Local transfers to which BDC? The BDC in Nigeria or in Cameroun. If in Nigeria, how do you ferry 76million naira or whatever Cameroun spends across the border? I do FX transactions with dorm accounts, cards and underground channels and you would be a maestro to move such cash around. Do you know what money laundering even is?

Do you know why most people rich people buy artworks, Jewelries , diamonds and so on? It is because you cannot possibly move cash around with such ease.

[s]People who buy from China use domiciliary accounts to push such large funds and they take 3 business days minimum.[/s]

What you don't know is your big BOSS. If only you knew this guy before you won't be sweating on this matter. Can't remember the last time I paid China sellers through domiciliary accounts, blend with the info ages and stop all these blind arguments. If you are conversant online and knows little about marketing online, getting huge funds across borders shouldn't looks like a rocket science to you as it seems now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by africanman85: 6:49am On May 11, 2016
afreekah:

What you don't know is your big BOSS. If only you knew this guy before you won't be sweating on this matter. Can't remember the last time I paid China sellers through domiciliary accounts, blend with the info ages and stop all these blind arguments. If you are conversant online and knows little about marketing online, getting huge funds across borders shouldn't looks like a rocket science to you as it seems now.
Be kind to share the secret just like the op. One thing about all this info is that a lot will be hidden from d info wch makes d info useless. The question is how can a transfer be made across border so that others will benefit from d biz.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by jammyunn(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2016
kafeii123:

And how do you manage to sustain profitability with these exchange rates ( I assume you'd need euros) abi "imported fresh tomatoes" is enough selling point?
it's easy for me as my inlaw who brings them doesn't change my for the import. he puts them with my he imports too. and I'm still doing in small scale. after everything, a tin sells for 250 and people find it each. I make about 40naira on each tin.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by boardmem(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2016
Bravo
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by MaziOmenuko: 8:36am On May 11, 2016
Jethrolite:
Preserving tomatoes is not rocket science, all you need is sub zero freezing warehouse but where is the power in Nigeria to run such a warehouse. Powering the warehouse with solar power will help but the initial cost will be out of this world. That is how the white man does it, they produce quantities to last the whole year then refrigerate before processing to meet market demand.

Preserving tomatoes in Nigeria is 'rocket-science'. Considering the Nigerian factor, freezing at sub-zero and noob-saibot temperature is almost impossible, unless you have a market that will pay N500 for a single tomato fruit after the freezing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Trackango: 8:52am On May 11, 2016
Ymodulus:

sorry sir. i will prefer everyone does it him or herself.

However what i must tell you is dont be scared even if you have 1Million Baskets. You can sell all a day. I mean a day.

Dont be scared.

I am so sure of 7,000Baskets in Lagos a day. And am sure of 1000 Baskets in Portharcout in a day.

Tomatoes is also been imported from Benin and Togo into Nigeria.

Note* due to experience you can sell 1,000 basket in portharcout and make a profit of someone who sold 5000Basket in Lagos.
PORTHARCOUT is the money market. Those people live a high life.

Thanks so much for this informations.
You are truly a business GENIUS.

Is the baskets, you are talking about big or small ones.

I heard the small basket is 10,600
And big basket is 17,500 in PH.

Secondly, what is your advice for one that is ready to venture into this business immediately.

Thank you so much
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by bobkezel(m): 9:44am On May 11, 2016
tosinjay:

Oga, this is another thing we'll face for having the topic in fp, it has attracted gbogbo aye... seems you're just encountering him. See no be today. The lil business me sef dey do if some less enlightened folks hear, they'll feel it's too good to be true... Oga relax and lets have less pages so we can read better. On top una mata, dem don ban am, im no fit kWontinu again.

tosinjay:

atimes i wonder if people really think with their brains or anus. How can someone post this trash and people swallow it hook, line and sinker. I blame the moderators in part for not scrutinizing trashes before it gets to front page. That was how that same guy (ymodulus) posted one trash here about him commiting suicide, he gave step by step details about how he wanted to commit suicide and people were all over here ranting ''we should save him'', and running helter skelter to save him. He always gang up with his cohorts to deceive gullible people. He is a habitual con man and lair. He is 23, and he is worth over N100m and upon all his wisdom and all thriving businesses he could delve or invest into, he chose a tomato. Had it been he mentioned canning of tomatoes, i would have forced myself a bit to believe his trash. He is a blo0dy liar and i pity those that are gonna fall prey to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by tosinjay(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2016
bobkezel:

atimes i wonder if people really think with their brains or anus. How can someone post this trash and people swallow it hook, line and sinker. I blame the moderators in part for not scrutinizing trashes before it gets to front page. That was how that same guy (ymodulus) posted one trash here about him commiting suicide, he gave step by step details about how he wanted to commit suicide and people were all over here ranting ''we should save him'', and running helter skelter to save him. He always gang up with his cohorts to deceive gullible people. He is a habitual con man and lair. He is 23, and he is worth over N100m and upon all his wisdom and all thriving businesses he could delve or invest into, he chose a tomato. Had it been he mentioned canning of tomatoes, i would have forced myself a bit to believe his trash. He is a blo0dy liar and i pity those that are gonna fall prey to him.
Like i said earlier, i don't even buy the idea of risking so much on perishables but that doesn't mean it's not genuine. Right from when i read it i could relate with the story because just about 2 weeks earlier i knew how my elder sis on visiting her family was complaining how a lot was spent on just little stew, and now it's rather 400% more expensive than then that my mum says most vendors no more even dare sell due to the price, chill and let's get the adventurous story from him, E no ask anybody for money sef.

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by lanre2009: 10:12am On May 11, 2016
To all тнoѕe aѕĸιng wнo's alalυвoѕa (нer real naмe ιѕ Iвιjoĸe, naιraland мonιĸer ιѕ caтered4), нere ιѕ a lιnĸ тo тнe тнread ѕнe creaтed and allegedly υѕed тo dυpe ѕoмe people

https://www.nairaland.com/2267190/nairalanders-tour-farms-major-markets

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by owagbeba: 10:15am On May 11, 2016
bobkezel:

Belief is a choice. I don't think it's proper you coming on this medium to attack his personality. Is there any case of him on NL defrauding anyone? Or is your problem the fact that you think he's worth over a100 million at the age of 23? He has chosen to trade in fresh tomatoes that's his choice, not yours.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by alpontif(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2016
Onegai:

So did you eventually find anyone?

Unfortunately No.

Then the Currency Exchange Fluctuations in the Naira happened, and it was no more feasible.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by alpontif(m): 10:26am On May 11, 2016
bobkezel:

While it might seem astounding to you that the 23 year Old Guy is worth 100m (almost 500,000 dollars). Let it not surprise you that he has chosen to TRADE in tomatoes. Everything is always about ROI. Any smart businessman will put money in investments that will give him high ROI within the shortest Time possible, This is why you see market women in your town having enough money to build a lot of houses--via the money they made from TRADING.

Canning of tomatoes is a complex biz. From setting up the factory, to running it, to handling regulatory issues etc. When a businessman sees a better opportunity, he will TRADE in tomatoes rather than CAN tomatoes.

As your networth increases, your risk appetite may start abating...then a Tomato factory might make sense to you, even if the ROI is smaller than TRADING in Tomatoes.

As long as the guy is not asking you for money, I dont think you should have any problems with him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Fumbaby: 10:42am On May 11, 2016
ymodulus when are you bringing tomatoes to ilorin?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by alpontif(m): 10:44am On May 11, 2016
x240:

And I work in a firm that audits financial institutions, banks, and allied institutions . I am trained to detect bullshit and I call this tale bullshit.

Local transfers to which BDC? The BDC in Nigeria or in Cameroun. If in Nigeria, how do you ferry 76million naira or whatever Cameroun spends across the border? I do FX transactions with dorm accounts, cards and underground channels and you would be a maestro to move such cash around. Do you know what money laundering even is?

Do you know why most people rich people buy artworks, Jewelries , diamonds and so on? It is because you cannot possibly move cash around with such ease.

People who buy from China use domiciliary accounts to push such large funds and they take 3 business days minimum.

Bros, Please YOU dont know ANYTHING about underground channels, or money laundering( Maybe apart from what you learn from your AML Manuals).

If you truly knew about underground channels of moving cash, you will not even start raising issues about how this guy did his thing.

And I know what I am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Fumbaby: 10:50am On May 11, 2016
ymodulus when ilorin are you bringing tomatoes to ?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by muchluv(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2016
I currently work in a bank in Ikom and everything ymodulus has said is true. The tomatoes business has put us under intense pressure in the bank. And I'm so impressed with this piece of news. After this tomatoes season goes, the carrot and cabbage season comes next so stay tuned. @ymodulus thumbs up and patronize my bank. smiley contact me

4 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 11:09am On May 11, 2016
bobkezel:

funny...HAS HE CONNED YOU BEFORE
BRING YOUR EVIDENCE HERE OR KEEP QUITE.

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by HardMirror(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2016
bobkezel:

I don't know the worth of Ymodulous but I know he is very very honest (people change so I still advice everyone to be careful). Mayorall, ymodulous, Justi4jesu are people I have done business with and was surprised at how open and honest they are. Here on nairaland I think ymodulous should be the most impressive of them all. Very intelligent, hard working and innovative chap.

Still I advice people to be careful.

By the way, I don't think he is asking anyone for money

4 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Rexyl(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2016
mediamataz:

why insulting someone else for saying his mind? Progress can only be made when proper investigation is made into steps taken and their outcomes. Some of the activities claimed to have been undertaken are likely hypothetical and maybe they are for research purposes. Though the OP has tried in his own best to discuss what he has passed through in the course of that Biz, some things can't just work smoothly for a new comer like that. He has stated concerning how he maneuvered his way through, certain things can't just work like that. It is proper to disbelieve certain actions or fault some ideas of someone who has caused serious confusion previously. Some will easily say he has started it again. I won't say he has not tried as an aspiring person, but his analysis must be queried further to know how realistic acclaimed success is among all odds.

2 Likes

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 11, 2016
Rexyl:

why insulting someone else for saying his mind? Progress can only be made when proper investigation is made into steps taken and their outcomes. Some of the activities claimed to have been undertaken are likely hypothetical and maybe they are for research purposes. Though the OP has tried in his own best to discuss what he has passed through in the course of that Biz, some things can't just work smoothly for a new comer like that. He has stated concerning how he maneuvered his way through, certain things can't just work like that. It is proper to disbelieve certain actions or fault some ideas of someone who has caused serious confusion previously. Some will easily say he has started it again. I won't say he has not tried as an aspiring person, but his analysis must be queried further to know how realistic acclaimed success is among all odds.

you like writing epistles....no be only u go school
answer my simple question you quoted first then we can get the ball rolling to a step by step analysis of what the op said he did.
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 11, 2016
Rexyl:

you like writing epistles....no be only u go school
answer my simple question you quoted first then we can get the ball rolling to a step by step analysis of what the op said he did.
Lastly you know nothing about insults......or I guess u can show my in my statement,that was just a question.
I guess I should not even reply you anymore.
how can I discuss with someone who understanding English is a problem to?
Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by champion69(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2016
Ymodulus:

hehe! our expenses so far including transport and hotel bills and gifting to fulanis and local farmers is N306.780 as at today.

This is no issue as our profit will cater for it.

Hi Ymodulus, willing to do biz with u, will u sell a J5 load of tomatoes to me at Ikom, if yes, for how much. Thks

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by bobkezel(m): 1:12pm On May 11, 2016
HardMirror:

I don't know the worth of Ymodulous but I know he is very very honest (people change so I still advice everyone to be careful). Mayorall, ymodulous, Justi4jesu are people I have done business with and was surprised at how open and honest they are. Here on nairaland I think ymodulous should be the most impressive of them all. Very intelligent, hard working and innovative chap.

Still I advice people to be careful.

By the way, I don't think he is asking anyone for money

yesofcos people change. That was how one ogakpatakpata of a guy swindled a lady of over 400k here in NL after he gained the trust of many. He claimed to worth millions but couldn't resist the glut of just 400k.

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by bobkezel(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2016
mediamataz:

what more evidence do you need after this trash he posted here. It is very deceptive, follow at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers by bobkezel(m): 1:19pm On May 11, 2016
alpontif:

While it might seem astounding to you that the 23 year Old Guy is worth 100m (almost 500,000 dollars). Let it not surprise you that he has chosen to TRADE in tomatoes. Everything is always about ROI. Any smart businessman will put money in investments that will give him high ROI within the shortest Time possible, This is why you see market women in your town having enough money to build a lot of houses--via the money they made from TRADING.

Canning of tomatoes is a complex biz. From setting up the factory, to running it, to handling regulatory issues etc. When a businessman sees a better opportunity, he will TRADE in tomatoes rather than CAN tomatoes.

As your networth increases, your risk appetite may start abating...then a Tomato factory might make sense to you, even if the ROI is smaller than TRADING in Tomatoes.

As long as the guy is not asking you for money, I dont think you should have any problems with him.

well i don't believe his trash. Follow at ur own risk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Bc / Top 10 Richest Men In Nigeria (Photos) / What Is Your Experience With Shoptomydoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.