Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Pack Your Bags And Leave! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pack Your Bags And Leave! (755 Views)

Everyother Man Should Choose Sex Dolls And Leave The Natural Toto For Me Oo(pics / Pack Your Loads And Leave My Temple / Nigerian Husband Starter-Pack In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pack Your Bags And Leave! by prynczzwonda(m): 8:05pm On May 10, 2016
I read something some minutes back and I had to sit down for a while to let everything sink in, because it was a lot too swallow,If I had read this some years back I'd probably have tagged it pathetic but the fact is these things actually do happen and to an extent the society condones these bestial acts of shamelessness, men who are deprived from whatever sanity that exists in this world, are immune covertly. You know the society we live in can have a very hypocritical approach towards abusive relationships. They publicly disapprove some of its effects—rape and brutality—but secretly or unconsciously permit them, using things such as religion and culture to mask savagery. I will give two unique cases where these things playout.
So I was watching a movie one afternoon with my siblings—a very religious one for that matter were things like morals, patience and forgiveness were been emphasized. The storyline was centred on a woman struggling in an abusive relationship. What really ticked me off was the amount of emphasis that was placed on the woman enduring the afflictions her husband mounted on her. The man was totally out of the reconciliation process, what it implied was that the woman was solely responsible for the relationship, and had no other option but to stay and see it through even if it caused her physical and emotional pain and her life (maybe) because she had made the vow: “for better or worse, till death do us part.” I sat there watching my sisters absorb such toxic content and it dawned on me how most women are brainwashed even before womanhood, how religion and obsolete cultures put most women in difficult positions, how little importance is placed on the men. Rather than teach our sons sound principles, we saddle our daughters with the responsibility of tending to their laxities.
The second example is similar to the picture story. Here the man wasn’t only abusing his wife; he had help from others in the whole process. Occasionally he would have his family members hold his wife down while he forced himself on her. I ask, how won't such a man feel any remorse?! For God sake he has the backing of his family members. I believe there are many fathers, mothers, brothers, and even sisters who witness such but keep quiet just to save the face. It is irritating. The one that breaks my heart even more is that such women find it hard to break away from such relationships, it’s like they’ve been charmed. But I caution that such people should not be attacked or blamed. If you read my post on emotional abuse you would understand that most times it’s deeper than what we think.
I just want to use this opportunity to address women who find themselves in such conditions. First of all, I want to say that you deserve better. Don’t mind what you’ve heard or the harsh words that have been spoken to you, and yes you have a choice and right to leave any relationship that is causing you physical and emotional pain. Believe me, there is a life worth living outside that relationship. All you need to do is take that quantum leap out of misery and see life smile at you once again.

KINDLY VISIT MY BLOG FOR MORE TRENDY TOPICS: prynczzwonda.

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 10, 2016
Some girls are just animals!!!! If that story is true ni sha ooo! Ehn! Boyfrnd oo shocked shocked not husby!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by layla129(f): 8:15pm On May 10, 2016
This lady is definitely very mad. She is her own problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 10, 2016
Amateur nollywood script writing at its peak, believe this and you can as well believe pigs fly undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by YorubaWoman: 8:19pm On May 10, 2016
if true

The lady is insane undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 10, 2016
Couldn't read through joor... Who knows what the op is on about....

Meanwhile may Amadioha kill the pet of the Mod who keep imposing a Ban on me... I mean WTf you see me 4 dream

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by halfricanadian(f): 8:28pm On May 10, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm speechless

God forbid
Thats why i do stand up for myself

I am human too no body wud b treating me like a slave

No not even my parent paid a damn to God before i was born who den are u

cry cry some women are suffering

Dis is terrible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by obiorathesubtle: 8:47pm On May 10, 2016
grin didn't read

But the ladies did.. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by mrkay101(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2016
This is really Funny.. I hope its not true though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by naijaboiy: 9:19pm On May 10, 2016
That woman has not died yet?

She should wait for him to kill her before she leaves the marriage. undecided
Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 10, 2016
The ladY must be a witch for treating the man like that,men pls run from abusive marriages
Re: Pack Your Bags And Leave! by Dahyormine(m): 12:48am On May 11, 2016
Even if she leaves him, as a guy, would u marry a "nippleless" woman

(1) (Reply)

6 Life Events You’d Never Wish To Experience, But They Occur Naturally. / Women In Ebonyi Strip Naked As They Protest Detention Of President General / Bless u

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.