Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel (15819 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me / How To Connect To Free Basics Internet.org Using Airtel In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by prinsam30: 7:35am On May 11, 2016
I have been using it for one week now and it works perfectly but you can't view pictures, only texts, it is completely free, if you wanna view pictures your data will be charged
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Nobody: 7:36am On May 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by NevetsIbot(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2016
Youngpo413:
with browser?
yeah. Used opera
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by NevetsIbot(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2016
Youngpo413:
Facebook browsing is free for about 3 week's now.
i dnt use my airtel line to browse... Buh... Nairaland and google loaded
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Olulinks(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2016
1stCitizen:

Shebi prize dey for FP topics ?

That's not the point really. The guys just raised a concerned issue and you attached it to reward value. You are wrong and that's why we are still tagged corrupt nation.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Youngpo413: 7:49am On May 11, 2016
NevetsIbot:
yeah. Used opera
thats the free Web pass.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Olulinks(m): 7:50am On May 11, 2016
Adesege:
The politicking going on Nairaland is worse than the one happening in Nigeria.

I posted a similar article 10 minutes before this but this was moved to fp first.

Facebook Partners Airtel Africa To Launch Internet.org Free Basics In Nigeria.

http://adesege.com/facebook-partners-airtel-africa-to-launch-internet-org-free-basics-in-nigeria/

https://www.nairaland.com/3097868/facebook-partners-airtel-africa-launch

Lalasticlala, what are the modalities before a post can hit fp? Jess Negodu o.

Explain yourself before you are sued. My lawayers are preparing your case file already.

I think I was alone in this. I posted the same story last night, 10th of May at around few minutes past 8. But another one after mine made it to the FP.
I told a popular name called DanceVille this particular issue. I have made 4 different posts here on NL and someone will just make a little adjustment to the Topic and re-post same. The other person will make FP. It's shocking, really.
Well, I don't think it's only Lalastica that's in charge of this, am just shocked why this is going on in already corrupt nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Topmaike007(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i just tried it too.... Fbk loaded one time... nairaland went... Even google loaded.... I'm done subscribing on mtn. Airtel ti take over
how you take use am
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Christmasdon(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2016
Hmmm! That one Shine your eyes! o. My Nigerian brothers! They have ask me to click on Using facebook for Free! and it has Terms & Conditions oh! One of the conditions are they will partner with Airtel to get your Mobile number Free of Charge, have full Access to your Messages and all sort Not. BecareFull before you fall for this o, hmmm! Nigerians and Awoof! Awoof will purge you.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 8:04am On May 11, 2016
Olulinks:

I think I was alone in this. I posted the same story last night, 10th of May at around few minutes past 8. But another one after mine made it to the FP.
I told a popular name called DanceVille this particular issue. I have made 4 different posts here on NL and someone will just make a little adjustment to the Topic and re-post same. The other person will make FP. It's shocking, really.
Well, I don't think it's only Lalastica that's in charge of this, am just shocked why this is going on in already corrupt nation.

I saw Lalasticlala at Oando filling station yesternight talking bout the corruption in Nigeria.

You need to see the venom at which he spoke and condemned corrupt politicians.

I cant believe he's doing same now.

I don't think Dominique indulge in things like this. I cant really speak for mynd44 anyway cos that guy ehn, don't let me talk.

Lalasticlala, you will see my court summon soon

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 8:06am On May 11, 2016
1stCitizen:

Shebi prize dey for FP topics ?

Zombie or wailer, which one should I call u

Abi Trailer tongue
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by NevetsIbot(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2016
Youngpo413:
thats the free Web pass.
i didnt use the webpass bro. It loaded on my default browser before i went on to opera
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by NevetsIbot(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2016
Topmaike007:
how you take use am
just browsing nani
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by toprealman: 8:12am On May 11, 2016
SageTravels:
I tried it. It's working perfect

Though I don't really trust airtel Ever since the scammed me with their BB unlimited plan 1,500 for 3 GB that I used for 5 days. I am not even using it for anything serious the whole GB just disappeared. I did not connect it with my laptop. I didn't download as I use to with GLO. GLO their 3GB will last till 30 days and expire in my hand. GLO still rock better

Airtel 10G @5K no de pass ~3wks for me.....na real wa for them!
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Youngpo413: 8:33am On May 11, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i didnt use the webpass bro. It loaded on my default browser before i went on to opera
wow
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by AZeD1(m): 8:48am On May 11, 2016
duketunde:
Yes but still in pilot stage, Facebook plans to beam internet via satelite. let's just be hopeful ISP will not influence government to thwart them like they did in India
ISP's didn't not influence the government in India, the people did.
Free basics is a terrible idea as it is presently constituted and should not be allowed in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by AZeD1(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2016
koladebrainiac:
H
Why did India reject this offer from facebook?

And second if someone offer you guys his or her website to use for free,what happens to other website would it grow their company or destroy it?
India rejected it because it violates the principle of net neutrality.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Elxandre(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

I posted a similar article 10 minutes before this but this was moved to fp first.

http://adesege.com/facebook-partners-airtel-africa-to-launch-internet-org-free-basics-in-nigeria/

Explain yourself before you are sued. My lawayers are preparing your case file already.
Please reply my pm.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Roon9(m): 9:02am On May 11, 2016
How can one use it on nairaland
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Elxandre(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2016
Artorius:
It is wise for Nigeria, especially us young Nigerians, to carefully consider the implications of embracing this scheme, and Facebook's underlying motives, before diving headfirst into it smiley
The Internet.org Free basics hasn't been banned in countries such as India for no reason smiley
It was banned in India because their government deemed their intentions pretentious.
They claimed it would give them unfair competition over rivals, since their initiative was a scam and a sort of Advert for Facebook, masked in a supposed good initiative as it only supported Facebook

No wonder they now support more indigenous sites. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ProGSM(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2016
Great move, you will see how internet access will come down greatly.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2016
Elxandre:

Please reply my pm.

Responded
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 9:16am On May 11, 2016
You can even access nairaland on it but you can't log in. It is really amazing but you would be disappointed if you are an internet freak. Only facebookers enjoy it the most.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 9:20am On May 11, 2016
Roon9:
How can one use it on nairaland
nairaland is already part of the free basic package. Once you log in to your facebook account through free.facebook.com just scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see FREE BASIC and you are good to go.
N/B: You won't be able to log in. It would bring an error message.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 9:27am On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

Youngpo413:
thats the free Web pass.
Adesege:

It has happened to me a number of times too. Someone steals your topic including the source after you have cc lalasticlala only to find the stolen topic hitting FP. I complained and ever since, my topics no dey reach FP again.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by teejaypee: 9:35am On May 11, 2016
nonstan:
Free homepage oya tweakers over to u...just get a compatible IP..oya naa

rocking it already boss
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Nobody: 10:01am On May 11, 2016
duketunde:
Wow! I am excited and sure this is a pointer to great things to come as Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg announced on his page today that they're partnering with Airtel Africa to launch Internet.org Free Basics in Nigeria. See what he posted below:

"Today we’re partnering with Airtel Africa to launch Internet.org Free Basics in Nigeria.

There's a lot of innovation across Africa right now, and Nigeria in particular is home to a lot of talented developers.

In 2009, Olalekan Elude, Ayodeji Adewunmi and Opeyemi Awoyemi started a site called Jobberman in their dorm to help connect people looking for work with companies looking to hire. [s]Now Jobberman is one of the top 100 websites in Nigeria, and it gets 5,000 applications every day.
[/s]
Free Basics offers Nigerians, including 90 million people who are currently offline, the opportunity to access news, health information and services like Jobberman that were built by Nigerians and other developers across West Africa -- all without having to pay for data.
Free Basics is now live in more than 40 countries, and half of those are in Africa. Over the next few months, we'll be doing even more to connect developers with people who can use their apps -- and partner with local companies to bring internet to people across Africa who don't have access to mobile networks.
In the meantime, I'm excited to see what Nigerians build next!"
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/05/facebook-partners-airtel-to-launch.html#sthash.ne0BDU9L.dpuf
Stupıd website
They get 5000 applicants and offer 5 people job daily.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by goldtooth: 10:01am On May 11, 2016
AZeD1:

ISP's didn't not influence the government in India, the people did.
Free basics is a terrible idea as it is presently constituted and should not be allowed in Nigeria.

Explain more please. I dont get it
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by StreamerBlogger: 10:16am On May 11, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i just tried it too.... Fbk loaded one time... nairaland went... Even google loaded.... I'm done subscribing on mtn. Airtel ti take over
how does it work?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Nobody: 10:32am On May 11, 2016
So ??

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Iprofit: 10:41am On May 11, 2016
Sexytemi:
That would be nice, there's already a free basic here in Benin republic and it works fine.

Note: only can be used when u have no data, if not ehn, your data would be swiped if u using it with it.
how did you do that or do you mean the free Facebook that doesn't show photos

Please help me explain
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Roon9(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2016
ikbnice:
nairaland is already part of the free basic package. Once you log in to your facebook account through free.facebook.com just scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see FREE BASIC and you are good to go.
N/B: You won't be able to log in. It would bring an error message.

Bros don't be angry. I didn't see the free basic icon to click from my fb wall, when I enter nairaland it's still deducting mb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung / Zain Finally Blocks All Opera Servers! / NEW Tecno Camon C10/CX Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.