Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel (15816 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me / How To Connect To Free Basics Internet.org Using Airtel In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 11:01am On May 11, 2016
Roon9:

Bros don't be angry. I didn't see the free basic icon to click from my fb wall, when I enter nairaland it's still deducting mb
I hope you are using airtel. Enter free.facebook.com, scroll to where we have the followings, sms, poke, groups, etc that's where the free basic link is located, click on the link.
N/B: You don't have to enter nairaland.com, it is under a section probably learning or social and communication after you've clicked on free basic. am nt sure for now.
BONUS: you can even download the free basic app on android

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Nobody: 11:02am On May 11, 2016
Olulinks:

That's not the point really. The guys just raised a concerned issue and you attached it to reward value. You are wrong and that's why we are still tagged corrupt nation.

Really? Such a shame that you guys wail over mundane things. What issue is he raising? The importance of starting a thread and same hitting FP is so others can read. No one cares who started the thread so long as it can be read, that is why I asked him if there was a prize for it sarcastically.

Your idea of what corruption means makes one wonder if the education sector in Nigeria is just rotten or does not even exist.

That is not why you are tagged as corrupt. You are thieves! that is why you are tagged corrupt.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Nobody: 11:05am On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

Zombie or wailer, which one should I call u

Abi Trailer tongue

You are the expert in wailing that your thread did not hit FP so you should know what to call yourself. grin
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by AZeD1(m): 11:07am On May 11, 2016
goldtooth:

Explain more please. I dont get it
Free basics goes against the principles of net neutrality.

In a nutshell, Mark Zuckerberg determines what site you can visit, so if tomorrow, he teams up with the government or any company, they'd be able to block sites that are unfavourable to them.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Sexytemi(f): 11:10am On May 11, 2016
Iprofit:
how did you do that or do you mean the free Facebook that doesn't show photos

Please help me explain

When you have free basic on your phone you can open any fb app on your phone free....only fb apps o
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ojialo(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2016
I've used it some days ago, do not try it if u have data or else your data will disappear.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by jejemanito: 12:30pm On May 11, 2016
AZeD1:

ISP's didn't not influence the government in India, the people did.
Free basics is a terrible idea as it is presently constituted and should not be allowed in Nigeria.
Can you please explain why free basics is bad?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by AZeD1(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2016
jejemanito:
Can you please explain why free basics is bad?
It violates the principles of net neutrality.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Amastermovic(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2016
Adesege:
The politicking going on Nairaland is worse than the one happening in Nigeria.

I posted a similar article 10 minutes before this but this was moved to fp first.

Facebook Partners Airtel Africa To Launch Internet.org Free Basics In Nigeria.

http://adesege.com/facebook-partners-airtel-africa-to-launch-internet-org-free-basics-in-nigeria/

https://www.nairaland.com/3097868/facebook-partners-airtel-africa-launch

Lalasticlala, what are the modalities before a post can hit fp? Jess Negodu o.

Explain yourself before you are sued. My lawayers are preparing your case file already.

Lolz how ur post go enter FP..whn keji dey ontop of ur matter continue
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by truewalker: 1:17pm On May 11, 2016
davidsmith8900:

Can you use the facebook messenger bots? Like have you tried using the bots on Facebook Messenger to see if that is free too? Also what other sites are there? Can you please upload a screenshot?

You will see the list of sites you can surf for free with airtel either though a browser or the site app. e.g Facebook, jiji, jobberman, etc.
https://0.freebasics.com
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Lucremoy(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2016
SageTravels:
I tried it. It's working perfect

Though I don't really trust airtel Ever since the scammed me with their BB unlimited plan 1,500 for 3 GB that I used for 5 days. I am not even using it for anything serious the whole GB just disappeared. I did not connect it with my laptop. I didn't download as I use to with GLO. GLO their 3GB will last till 30 days and expire in my hand. GLO still rock better

I swear.. I thought it was only me it happened to..
I could not believe my eyes that day
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Zibi1(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2016
Sexytemi:
That would be nice, there's already a free basic here in Benin republic and it works fine.

Note: only can be used when u have no data, if not ehn, your data would be swiped if u using it with it.

Which network is dat
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 2:51pm On May 11, 2016
ikbnice:
It has happened to me a number of times too. Someone steals your topic including the source after you have cc lalasticlala only to find the stolen topic hitting FP. I complained and ever since, my topics no dey reach FP again.

I go jam Lalasticlala for Oando station tonight. I don't need to tell you what will happen cos pictures will speak for itself tomorrow except if he apologize.

Na only Dominique sure for all them. I just don't know why every one reps Lalasticlala. You need to see how he carries shoulder at Iya Kufi palm wine joint.

SMH
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 2:55pm On May 11, 2016
1stCitizen:

You are the expert in wailing that your thread did not hit FP so you should know what to call yourself. grin

I isn't wailing.

You saw that corruption abounds on NL but you chose not to speak bout it.

Im sure you and Lalasticlala are in the same political group.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2016
Amastermovic:

Lolz how ur post go enter FP..whn keji dey ontop of ur matter continue

My broda, shey na Linda Ikeji wey get smelly p*na?

The witches for my village no go gree her
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

I go jam Lalasticlala for Oando station tonight. I don't need to tell you what will happen cos pictures will speak for itself tomorrow except if he apologize.

Na only Dominique sure for all them. I just don't know why every one reps Lalasticlala. You need to see how he carries shoulder at Iya Kufi palm wine joint.

SMH
How I wish I could join you just to see his shoulders cheesy. Well, anytime I mention nairaland boss or lala.. in any comment, I get a ban of one hour from one stupid spambot or what's it called.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2016
ikbnice:
How I wish I could join you just to see his shoulders cheesy. Well, anytime I mention nairaland boss or lala.. in any comment, I get a ban of one hour from one stupid spambot or what's it called.

The guy no get any broad shoulder o so don't think you will see one there.

Six packs? Tufiakwa. He is a no get.

Lala is the spambot.

Maybe you don collect hin girlfriend, das why.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Sexytemi(f): 3:17pm On May 11, 2016
Zibi1:

Which network is dat

MTN Benin republic.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by goldtooth: 3:49pm On May 11, 2016
AZeD1:

Free basics goes against the principles of net neutrality.

In a nutshell, Mark Zuckerberg determines what site you can visit, so if tomorrow, he teams up with the government or any company, they'd be able to block sites that are unfavourable to them.

Thank you.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

The guy no get any broad shoulder o so don't think you will see one there.

Six packs? Tufiakwa. He is a no get.

Lala is the spambot.

Maybe you don collect hin girlfriend, das why.
When im dey wield power like this, what abt d oga wey employ him? I don't think he is that bad though.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2016
ikbnice:
When im dey wield power like this, what abt d oga wey employ him? I don't think he is that bad though.

Ah, Shey Seun

Well, Seun is nice to selected few. There is this girl that has a crush on him. Misspicy I think. No, it seems it's aminat509 (419) grin. It could be introvert cos I don't trust that girl.

Seun Ti gbogbo Ogun.

One thing y'all dunno is that Seun like women. He's an introvert too.

Me and Seun then were like five and six back in the days but Na woman separate us.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 7:45pm On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

Ah, Shey Seun

Well, Seun is nice to selected few. There is this girl that has a crush on him. Misspicy I think. No, it seems it's aminat509 (419) grin. It could be introvert cos I don't trust that girl.

Seun Ti gbogbo Ogun.

Me and Seun then were like five and six back in the days but Na woman separate us.

Just tell me this is fiction.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 8:09pm On May 11, 2016
ikbnice:
Just tell me this is fiction.

Ask Seun if it's fiction or not.

He's never gonna respond anyway cos that's who he is.

Me and Seun, those days in the 50s grin
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by misspicy(f): 10:01pm On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

Ah, Shey Seun

Seun Ti gbogbo Ogun.

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Roon9(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2016
ikbnice:
I hope you are using airtel. Enter free.facebook.com, scroll to where we have the followings, sms, poke, groups, etc that's where the free basic link is located, click on the link.
N/B: You don't have to enter nairaland.com, it is under a section probably learning or social and communication after you've clicked on free basic. am nt sure for now.
BONUS: you can even download the free basic app on android

Thanks sire! It worked
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2016
Adesege:

Ask Seun if it's fiction or not.

He's never gonna respond anyway cos that's who he is.

Me and Seun, those days in the 50s grin
Me I no they mention seun name again o. Anytime I do, na ban dem dey dash me. Lalasticlala's antispam bot keeps banning me for at least an hour. The one wey I mention now, I don't know the repercussion.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 10:29pm On May 11, 2016
Roon9:

Thanks sire! It worked
You're welcome, my broda

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Iprofit: 10:48pm On May 11, 2016
Sexytemi:

When you have free basic on your phone you can open any fb app on your phone free....only fb apps o
please how do I get the free basic and I use MTN bj
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by franugo(m): 11:00pm On May 11, 2016
NevetsIbot:
i just tried it too.... Fbk loaded one time... nairaland went... Even google loaded.... I'm done subscribing on mtn. Airtel ti take over

do u have to change any settings?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Sexytemi(f): 6:25am On May 12, 2016
Iprofit:
please how do I get the free basic and I use MTN bj

I don't know, but a friend sent it
to me thru xender.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Iprofit: 10:06am On May 12, 2016
Sexytemi:

I don't know, but a friend sent it to me thru xender.
Alright thanks for your time
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Olulinks(m): 11:47am On May 12, 2016
1stCitizen:

Really? Such a shame that you guys wail over mundane things. What issue is he raising? The importance of starting a thread and same hitting FP is so others can read. No one cares who started the thread so long as it can be read, that is why I asked him if there was a prize for it sarcastically.

Your idea of what corruption means makes one wonder if the education sector in Nigeria is just rotten or does not even exist.

That is not why you are tagged as corrupt. You are thieves! that is why you are tagged corrupt.
If i tag you the real wailer now I wonder if this will ever end some day. If you have problem with your family why not face it like a man? Jumping on another man's matter and turn it to an opportunity to give lecture won't help your sorry situation. The guy mentioned the name of the person his petition was addressed to and you are still here crying over the forgone matter. Is this really the reason why you are here? Stay with your family and be a man to address your situation. Don't come and vent your anger on anyone here. Isn't it obvious I didn't cause your misfortune?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Return Of The Cheap Airtel Night Unlimited Data Plans In Different Style / 5 Effective Ways To Break Phone Addiction / Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.