Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel (15818 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me / How To Connect To Free Basics Internet.org Using Airtel In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 12, 2016
Olulinks:

If i tag you the real wailer now I wonder if this will ever end some day. If you have problem with your family why not face it like a man? Jumping on another man's matter and turn it to an opportunity to give lecture won't help your sorry situation. The guy mentioned the name of the person his petition was addressed to and you are still here crying over the forgone matter. Is this really the reason why you are here? Stay with your family and be a man to address your situation. Don't come and vent your anger on anyone here. Isn't it obvious I didn't cause your misfortune?

grin grin grin

Typical Nigerian scumbag. So its your own matter or you jumped into it as if you are searching for your IQ in a deep pit. Thank God for cheap Chinese phones and cheap Internet as simpletons like you and other members of your low life, unfortunate and cursed family now have an opportunity to open their putrid "gutters" on social media.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 1:14pm On May 12, 2016
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Adesege(m): 1:26pm On May 12, 2016
ikbnice:
Me I no they mention seun name again o. Anytime I do, na ban dem dey dash me. Lalasticlala's antispam bot keeps banning me for at least an hour. The one wey I mention now, I don't know the repercussion.

grin
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by NevetsIbot(m): 2:24pm On May 12, 2016
franugo:

do u have to change any settings?
nope
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Artorius(m): 11:10am On May 13, 2016
ikbnice:
I hope you are using airtel. Enter free.facebook.com, scroll to where we have the followings, sms, poke, groups, etc that's where the free basic link is located, click on the link.
N/B: You don't have to enter nairaland.com, it is under a section probably learning or social and communication after you've clicked on free basic. am nt sure for now.
BONUS: you can even download the free basic app on android
Hello, you seem to be familiar with the Free Basics Platform. Can I ask if online video streaming from Youtube or anyother streaming sites is possible with Free Basics? Thanks! smiley
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 11:13am On May 13, 2016
Artorius:

Hello, you seem to be familiar with the Free Basics Platform. Can I ask if online video streaming from Youtube or anyother streaming sites is possible with Free Basics? Thanks! smiley
for where. It works with only facebook(it doesn't load pictures) and other pre-selected sites that are alreading on the free basic package. Any site that is not part of the package will entail the use of data and the last time I checked, youtube wasn't there.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Artorius(m): 11:18am On May 13, 2016
ikbnice:
for where. It works with only facebook(it doesn't load pictures) and other pre-selected sites that are alreading on the free basic package. Any site that is not part of the package will entail the use of data and the last time I checked, youtube wasn't there.
What is your opinion sir? Do you think it's a good enough solution - out of other possibilities - to the low internet penetration rate in Nigeria? smiley Sorry, I'm making research
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by ikbnice(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2016
Artorius:

What is your opinion sir? Do you think it's a good enough solution - out of other possibilities - to the low internet penetration rate in Nigeria? smiley Sorry, I'm making research
A step towards the better.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Artorius(m): 11:44am On May 13, 2016
ikbnice:
A step towards the better.
Fair enough response smiley I'm right in the process of considering the long term prospects, whether this will this help us, or exploit us in the long run. Anyway, thank you for answering smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2016
duketunde:

Has anyone tried Facebook Free Basics since it has arrived? How was the experience? How was it?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 10:21am On Jun 18, 2016
SageTravels:

Please how was the service when you tried it? Is it worth crossing over Airtel for? Do you have any screenshots?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 10:24am On Jun 18, 2016
NevetsIbot:

Sorry to disturb you but is it worth crossing over to Airtel for? Any downside or drawbacks or side effects? How many people do you think are presently using it?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by NevetsIbot(m): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijatechworld:

Sorry to disturb you but is it worth crossing over to Airtel for? Any downside or drawbacks or side effects? How many people do you think are presently using it?
actually bro. I'm not using the airtel free basics. It's a good plan for anyone who cant handle subscriptions andd all... I won't say it's worth crossing over for but it's a great move by airtel. Having an airtel sim as back up will go a long way. Plus, airtel has great data plans. So far, it has no side effects or hitches.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sexytemi:
That would be nice, there's already a free basic here in Benin republic and it works fine.

Note: only can be used when u have no data, if not ehn, your data would be swiped if u using it with it.

If that is the case, people shouldn't buy data then right? Or what do you think?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Artorius:

Fair enough response smiley I'm right in the process of considering the long term prospects, whether this will this help us, or exploit us in the long run. Anyway, thank you for answering smiley cool

Sorry to disturb you but how is your research going on about Facebook Free Basics?
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Sexytemi(f): 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijatechworld:

If that is the case, people shouldn't buy data then right? Or what do you think?

U would still need data to open some apps e.g whatsapp, bbm and those not on the free basic app.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sexytemi:

U would still need data to open some apps e.g whatsapp, bbm and those not on the free basic app.

Okay thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate it. Have A Good Saturday and a Great Day.
Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by Artorius(m): 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
naijatechworld:

Sorry to disturb you but how is your research going on about Facebook Free Basics?
It went pretty good. I hadn't the time to publish my write-up, I guess I could do that in the future. For my thesis
Why?

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by naijatechworld: 9:08pm On Jun 25, 2016
Artorius:

It went pretty good. I hadn't the time to publish my write-up, I guess I could do that in the future. For my thesis
Why?

@Artorius, just wanted to know.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Free Basics In Nigeria Launched In Partnership With Airtel by nongo123(m): 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2016
This is a great initiative. In South Africa it was introduced last year, have been enjoying free NL since then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung / Zain Finally Blocks All Opera Servers! / NEW Tecno Camon C10/CX Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.