Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria (46984 Views)

Why I Am Happy That Muhamadu Buhai Became President Of Nigeria- Whatsapp User / Benue South: My Struggle Has Ended – Dan Onjeh Bows To David Mark / Buhari Reacts To David Cameron’s Corruption Comment On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by greatiyk4u(m): 1:49pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
how can a président of a nation... pay more concern on stolen money more than thé integrity of his nation... Hé doesnt need thé apology but Nigeria needs it. am not just dissapointed with him but also thé stocks of fiasco advisers.

I empathize with your sincere ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by wayodude(m): 1:50pm On May 11, 2016
lordgosh:

Can you prove ao you are not corrupt...cos even your profile name suggest you are corrupt

This debate has nothing to do with my person or character. It is a question open to the public which you may chose to respond to or otherwise.

An apology would have been required were it not a fact that Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. IMHO Buhari's response was golden. He implied that keeping the apology (which outside of realms of diplomacy do not deserve) and support us by repatriating stolen assets to us. Simple.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Christafarian(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:
After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President
" I heard Mr Cameron's statement about the financial depravity ☀̤̣̈̇f my country's kinsmen A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ I have †̥♥ admit that we have a lot ☀̤̣̈̇f work †̥♥ do in the area ☀̤̣̈̇f improving our image †̥♥ the expectations ☀̤̣̈̇f the school ☀̤̣̈̇f thought that Mr Cameron belongs †̥♥. But we are up †̥♥ the task, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ in a few years †̥♥ come, I A̶̲̥̅♏ sure that even those who hold a more coarse view than Mr Cameron will have course †̥♥ complement our efforts. But let ♍ƺ state that, though we understand the truthfulness behind the message, with due respect †̥♥ the PM, we will not allow ourselves †̥♥ be treated like unwelcome guests, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so if the UK prime minister feels we are not worthy ☀̤̣̈̇f being at this event, he should make it bold †̥♥ let us KϞöω̲ through clear channels, ☀̤̣̈̇f his true intentions".

Now is that so hard, geez, amateurs.
what is this one saying?

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by henryhemon(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:
After that slave response, yesterday, he now wants †̥♥ save face with Nigerians. Well sorry, Mr Presido, but this response is even worse than the first one, it makes Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ look like a vile oblivious JJC. I don't KϞöω̲ who is worse, Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina. Lemme give Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ a better response Mr President
" I heard Mr Cameron's statement about the financial depravity ☀̤̣̈̇f my country's kinsmen A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ I have †̥♥ admit that we have a lot ☀̤̣̈̇f work †̥♥ do in the area ☀̤̣̈̇f improving our image †̥♥ the expectations ☀̤̣̈̇f the school ☀̤̣̈̇f thought that Mr Cameron belongs †̥♥. But we are up †̥♥ the task, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ in a few years †̥♥ come, I A̶̲̥̅♏ sure that even those who hold a more coarse view than Mr Cameron will have course †̥♥ complement our efforts. But let ♍ƺ state that, though we understand the truthfulness behind the message, with due respect †̥♥ the PM, we will not allow ourselves †̥♥ be treated like unwelcome guests, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ so if the UK prime minister feels we are not worthy ☀̤̣̈̇f being at this event, he should make it bold †̥♥ let us KϞöω̲ through clear channels, ☀̤̣̈̇f his true intentions".

I get...you re pained cuz LovePeddler business doesn't pay much these days...... smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by hothead(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2016
DesChyko:
I have to commend this response. Straightforward thinking cool

I agree with you, his response is fair enough. He should also demand for an anti-corruption model from the "Genius"....lets leverage on his knowledge to build our own custom made model.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Rubyventures: 1:52pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
how can a président of a nation... pay more concern on stolen money more than thé integrity of his nation... Hé doesnt need thé apology but Nigeria needs it. am not just dissapointed with him but also thé stocks of fiasco advisers.

The crooks in Nigerian are the ones spoiling the integrity of the nation. There is a saying " He who brings in fire wood infested with ants into his home is the one who invited the Lizard".
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by kenx1(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

Oga mi r we not corrupt YES or NO!!
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by davidque007(m): 1:54pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:

i don't support david cameron's statement at all, but in reality, he hasn't said anything wrong. Nigeria is or was a very corrupt nation. however, i frown at cameron's jest of Nigerian's effort to rid itself of corruption. there is no need to defend Nigeria's integrity, just return our stolen wealth and stop accepting stolen assets; that's a good stance by buhari
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by afoo02(m): 1:55pm On May 11, 2016
mars123:
If you go to church on Sunday don't pray for money, good wife or anything. Just pray for wisdom like Solomon.
I LOVE NAIRALAND... but ur reply to this make me love it more

2 Likes

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by hothead(m): 1:55pm On May 11, 2016
DesChyko:

I agree with you, his response is fair enough. Yes our system is corrupt. Systems get corrupt hence, anti-viruses are built.

Nigerians should also demand for an anti-corruption model from the "Genius"....lets leverage on his knowledge to build our own custom made model.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by fejicruz(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2016
The subtle insult no be here o... Lol

mars123:
If you go to church on Sunday don't pray for money, good wife or anything. Just pray for wisdom like Solomon.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by greatiyk4u(m): 1:56pm On May 11, 2016
ganisucks:

When I remember that u claimed in one of ur comments to be just 20, I pardon your ignorance......the intellectual logic behind the speech is beyond your comprehension quotient.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by captianfreeman(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2016
I am still trying to understand why some folks , call this man ,a dullard. I mean, president Buhari ,is smart enough for me.

Who apology fit epp?

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Rubyventures: 1:58pm On May 11, 2016
Corruption should be included as an Olympic game and I'm sure Nigerians will collect all the medals because they are so fantastic at it, it has become a way of life.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by lordgosh: 1:59pm On May 11, 2016
caracas:
The dumbest man i hav ever seen in my Life.
Baba as old as u are do i have to teach u that a good name is far better than silver n gold? Or do u not understand What an apology wud do to the image of this battered country ?do u not know that by that statement of Cameron our dear country stands to losea lot in terms of foreign investments ?.
If i may even ask ,how has all the stolen wealth recovered from foreign institutions n countries helped this country.
100 billion dollars cannot go round all nigerians but a good name wud definitely do every single nigérian a lot of good.
And who says we cant have our apology n still hav our Money returned back to us .
Honestly this man is dull, jokes or insults apart.
He really needs to stop embarrasing this country before its too late.

Oga learn to tink b4 you type.

1st you sed Dav Cam statement would discourage investment......and i be like "Does this 1 have a brain"
Well you should knw that witout His statement Nigeria was long time ago a very bad investment for example;
to register your company in this country s wahala,
to get land for your company s wahala
to import needed materials for your production s wahala
to clear your goods at the port s wahala and dis particular 1 s so bad dt the custom officer will intentionally delay your papers if you do not settle dem and after 5 days ull start paying demorage. if you want to confirm ask anybody into clearing....for u to clear your goods successfully you must bribe every table that process your file.
finally if you are lucky to get al d listed above......you are now faced wit d real problem which;
Every Nigerian want to make quick money. dey dont mind if the company die al dey wnt s to make money.
its so bad that dey wld even plan to kill you just because of quick money
so Mr 2knw....wit al d listed do u still tink Nigeria s a gud place for investment knowing fully well dt av nt mention the issue of tax, infastructure, xposure to piracy, police harassment and insecurity d list goes on.

Pls get a sense for yourself and help push the fight against corruption to the next level.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 11, 2016
DesChyko:

This is why I like him.

He's a military man who isn't led to emotions. He personally led military men to squash Maitatsine (sp) even though he was a sitting President.

#IStandWithCameron
#NigeriaIsFantasticallyCorrupt
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Azuby83: 2:01pm On May 11, 2016
bishophenry:
what we need are our common Yam stolen by the few not apology. Who apology don epping sef
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by podosci(m): 2:02pm On May 11, 2016
irondome:

Applause means nothing mate, that response isn't effective. Cameron invariably called all Nigerians "fantastically corrupt". Personally, I can take any insult but be referred to as lacking integrity. That literary means you are a nonentity. Now because of this ugly incident, any westerner that bumps into Nigerians would be looking for red flags in his/her dealing with us. Warren Buffet once said, put a police officer to tail the most careful driver continuously for 2 weeks, that driver would surely get a ticket. Same with looking for red flags where there are no flags; no flag becomes red flags.

I believe PMB should have taken a more offensive approach. In addition to requesting for a refund of our stolen funds, he shouldn't have"happily" agreed that Nigeria is corrupt. His response should have been-- corruption is a global issue with corrupt elements in every nation of the world; as such, I find it inappropriate for a world leader to characterise another sovereign nation as corrupt. He should have gotten more personal by referring to the Panama paper incident as perfect example of global corruption picture (Cameron parents had an investment there).
You seem more agrieved with the insult of us being fantastically corrupt and less angier with the idiot politicians whose greedy lead us to this path. If Nigerians have shown 1% of the anger they showed to cameron to our greedy politicians, we would be on par with the UK interms of development. Alameysia, Abacha and lots of greedy thieves were given state burials, nobody showed anger towards that decision but we are angry with UK Pm.
One funny fact...
The same alameysia that buhari is begging for return of our stolen wealth is the one bayelsa gave a state burial. LOL grin

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2016
Nigeria has no basis to demand an apology...what the British Prime Minister said is very true.

If any country deserves an apology then it should be Afganistan for being put in the same category as Nigeria when everyone including us Nigerians know that the level of Corruption in our country is obscene and defies logic cry

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by kinibigdeal(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2016
What happens to Ameachi, Tinubu, Aregbesola, Atiku, Northern elders, kwankwasho, sherrif etc assets in dubai, london etc...hmmmm hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by AhmadMind: 2:03pm On May 11, 2016
[size=18pt] "I need something TANgible......"

OMG!!...Exactly what the girlfriend wants and the wifey doesn't get Lol
[/size]
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by hothead(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2016
hothead:

I agree with you, his response is fair enough. Yes our system is corrupt. Systems get corrupt hence, anti-viruses are built.

Nigerians should also demand for an anti-corruption model from the "Genius Cameron"....even tho we may not need it, lets leverage on his knowledge to build our own custom made model.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by KoldKash(m): 2:06pm On May 11, 2016
Cameron owes Nigeria no apology.we are more corrupt than words can reflect.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by AhmadMind: 2:07pm On May 11, 2016
AhmadMind:
[size=14pt] "I need something TANgible......"

OMG!!...Exactly what the girlfriend wants and the wifey doesn't get Lol
[/size]

Its NOT Valentines Day so keep ya F****** Flowers and Love Letters to yaself...

SHOW ME THE MULLAH(kudi-Eliza-Dollars)
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by bejeria101(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2016
U sef your guy too much kilode.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 11, 2016
Great response with purposeful insight.

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by gragraboy: 2:12pm On May 11, 2016
mars123:
1000 likes for you sir!

1 Like

Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by James4424: 2:13pm On May 11, 2016
Good boy
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by yinkslinks(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2016
And you think buhari wrote that?
mars123:
powerful...The funny thing is that all those people calling Buhari a dullard actually think otherwise.

But I tell those foolish wailers that if Jonathan had fought the corrupt opposition APC then Buhari fights the corrupt opposition PDP. what will be the level of corruption in Nigeria today?

Nevertheless a fight against corruption has been initiated and we can only move up from here.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by aycapri(m): 2:20pm On May 11, 2016
Though, the response sounds very cool but what has the government done with the recovered money. At least, the govt has recovered some before now.
Re: Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria by zenatta: 2:23pm On May 11, 2016
David Cameron if you are reading this, perchance you are; I say to you, "Do not, repeat Not, apologise to Nigeria for pointing out how corrupt their system is". I loved that adjective/adverbial you used. If you have more please feel free to dish them out.

Yep, initially I was indignant at the condescending and caustic way you delivered that vituperation but it was the Truth. Who knows, you may have been hurting for dear ole Nigeria and it's peoples; Nigeria has attained unbelievable feats of Corruption which some nations only fantasize about.

Lemme point out here that Britain did not come to our Country to cart away the loot in it's custody. That must be one of the things that is disgusting to DC. How can men and women Rape, Maim, Plunder, Loot and Run down their ONLY Country in that manner. DC, hear and hear me well, do not return them: collateral damage noni!!! SenselessStupidThieveingNigerians!!!

Channels4news please make that video available to our National Assembly.

Nigeria is Fantastically Corrupt.
Looking forward to when Nigeria will be Fantastically Fantastic .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FFK Hails Ghanaian Wife, Regina For Support In Battle With Precious Chikwendu / 24 Properties Seized From A Top Military Officer By EFCC (Photos) / Yusuf & Zahra Buhari Graduate From College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.