Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival (10853 Views)

Celebrities At 5th Africa International Film Festival ,in Lekki Lagos / Reckless And Irresponsible Gulder Promo Image: Thumbs Down Gulder!! / If All The Guns In Action Movies Were Replaced With Thumbs-Ups... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by sexyLeamon(f): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

THINK POSITIVE!!
why are people always so negative.
have hope sometimes.
i STILL have hope and will always have hope.
when the change comes, pls inform me I can't bother having hope
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 7:05am On Aug 16, 2009
sexyLeamon:

when the change comes, pls inform me I can't bother having hope

okay, that one nah your own.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2009
Did you bother to read my post or are you going to continue screaming "Break break break".  what's being broken? who's breaking what?  if these touts can't afford to fund their movies why are they in the movie production business.  especially when the doomed films being produced lack proper appeal  undecided
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 7:10am On Aug 16, 2009
ask them that, do i know?
do i look like a movie producer?

what im basically saying the reason why they suck as bad as you claim they do is because the lack of money.
simple.

so dont get all uptight about it, im just saying.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by SeanT21(f): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

OH PLEASE! if you dont want to settle for trash, then i suggest you give the producers ALL THE MONEY THEY NEED to make the best movie they can.
just about 2 weeks ago a special on nollywood came on tv.
mercy johnson was actually in it.
they were doing a movie about the war that happend in liberia.
the producers were running out of money so they were rushing!!
the hotel bill was skyrocketing, the actors and extras went without breakfast and lunch.
this is all because they couldnt afford to pay for all the expenses.
they were rushing to complete the movie because they were running out of money.
you see? thats why if they had more funding the movies could be better. most of this is coming out of the producers pockets. although they are saying that the government has started funding about 40% of certain movies now.
but im not too sure about that last part.

Where??
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2009
the only one getting uptight here locking in caps, screaming, is you amaka.  dudes and dudettes have come forward to explain/argue why they are dissatisfied with A and B, but all you keep crowing about is one mongoose's lack of money. 

since you are the all-giving leader of nigeria's progressive movement, why don't you donate your trust fund to them for the good of your motherland.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ekpan: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2009
I grew up among some Yoruba's back in warri and they WERE cool.

BUT I MUST SAY THE Yorubas ON NAIRALAND GOT TO BE THE MOST SELF CENTERED IDIOTS I'VE EVER COME ACROSS IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, Dayum, Ah ah Yoruba language is the best, Yoruba movie is the best, Yoruba are this that, that this, Stop being ethnocentric assholes
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ibelab(m): 11:18am On Aug 16, 2009
Sometimes to much book no good for our health tongue. i see say some people need urgent  care such as brain check up(Gehirn untersuchen) etc. or the second option is to create a special thread for insults and stupid arguments. we can never learn cheesy
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by sweetpie23: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2009
I wonder when will Nigeria films improve undecided
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2009
All these kids are so obnoxious
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2009
See blind, shallow and stupid arguments.

I personally have never liked Nigerian movies; be it nollywood, sokotowood or yorubawood. I often criticize them, but it will be a shame to me if I throw up an argument that nuzowood is better than any of these woods without backing it up with facts.
Its a good thing that people are critisizing Nollywood, but its even a bigger shame that most people here are critisizing it based on their ethnic affliation. And since the poster and so many others have critisized it based on ethnicity; I challange any ethnic group to step up and produce quality english movies that can shut the garbage called Nollywood out or forever keep their bigoted dirty mouths shut.

@The Amaka

I doubt if you have ever been to Nigeria before, hence why most your posts are out of point.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by oge4real(f): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2009
@Poster,
You were making a point, then you decided to shoot yourself in the leg. In 2009, you are still brazen enough to come to the public and announce your deficiency.
Is film directing same thing with festival management?
How many of the so-called yoruba actors even understand English at all? Yet you want them in Nollywood.
Whether you like it or not, Nollywood is the official film industry of this country, so if you know something that will help make it better and you keep it to yourself, sorry.
Remember that the brethren of a mad man takes the shame more than the madman himself.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

the only one getting uptight here locking in caps, screaming, is you amaka. dudes and dudettes have come forward to explain/argue why they are dissatisfied with A and B, but all you keep crowing about is one mongoose's lack of money.

since you are the all-giving leader of nigeria's progressive movement, why don't you donate your trust fund to them for the good of your motherland.

hey, hey, hey! im not the one talking about how crappy the english movies are. im not the one complaining saying that english movies suck.
so i was telling anyone who feels they suck should DONTATE all the money they have to make the BEST english film out there. and if they dont give money then they shouldnt complain.
so eff off.
nuzo:

@The Amaka
I doubt if you have ever been to Nigeria before, hence why most your posts are out of point.
wtf? stop assuming shit.
how is my post out of point? im saying that people should stop complaining about why the english movies suck unless they are going to donate their life's savings.
but until then, shut the hella up.
you're so UGH!
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by stilletos: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2009
Oh my heart weeps out loud at the division in Nigeria.Igbo, yoruba,hausa, tiv,efik movie industry?Whats up with that? undecided
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by lawisong(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2009
Believe it or not, the originator of this thread did not mean to sound tribalistic. Perhaps it was wrong choice of words that made him appear tribalistic. I believe what he wanted was to create an avenue where we can all proffer solutions to the present setbacks experienced by our beloved Nollyhood and how to move d industry forward. I am neither an igbo nor a yoruba but i'm amazed at the aggression of amaka and co towards this issue. Na wa o. But this is a common thing that when a particular tribe dominate at the helm of affairs people tend to generalise if things go wrong. Abi have we not heard even d igbos accusing d hausas for ruining the nation's politics. Why dont they blame Yaradua instead. So my brother is not far from the truth if he too generalises. Afterall the igbos are at the helm of affairs in nollyhood. Come to think of it, how will nollyhood grow when two brothers Esiegbu and Kanayo are busy fighting for the top job. Now are these two not igbos? Abeg lets call a spade a spade instead of causing a miniature civil war 2 here. One love.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
the amaka you are one annoying little brat telling people to eff off if they can't donate money to improve film quality in the nigerian entertainment industry. i wonder if you will consult one of your godbrothers to come and eff me off. nonsense and ingredients.

one love kor two love ni. dundee
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2009
well people shouldnt complain about nollywood unless they want to donate.

im not the one here complaining about movie industy, which has errupted into another tribal war affair here on nairaland.

tongue
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2009
This chic is so obnoxious. Most NL teenagers are anyway. Just yarn uninformed dust upon dust
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

This chic is so obnoxious. Most NL teenagers are anyway. Just yarn uninformed dust upon dust

"well people shouldnt complain about nollywood unless they want to donate.

im not the one here complaining about movie industy, which has errupted into another tribal war affair here on nairaland."
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2009
Be quiet seriously.

Who are you to say people shouldnt criticise? Are you retarded? You think if people havent complained in the past, things would have gotten a little BIT better?

The hell do you know about cinema anyway? You're hypocrite and Im not in the mood to deal with you. Yet.

Right side of the mouth was blaming Yorubas for the division claiming "they're the ones moving from Nollywood to make their own (little does the twit know that Yoruba movies came before all others so how could they be running away) then the Left side is giving some pretentious "One Love" speech.

I suggest you be quiet and ignore this thread and leave it to those who know what they are talking about. Arindin omo.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2009
hehehehehehe!!
the nairaland THUGS!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

complain, whine, criticize, ON NAIRALAND.
write a letter to the producers, sh*t.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Pot calling kettle black. Onu ukpaka has repented. undecided
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
funmi is here woo hoo! cheesy
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2009
oge4real:

@Poster,
You were making a point, then you decided to shoot yourself in the leg. In 2009, you are still brazen enough to come to the public and announce your deficiency.
Is film directing same thing with festival management?
How many of the so-called yoruba actors even understand English at all? Yet you want them in Nollywood.
Whether you like it or not, Nollywood is the official film industry of this country, so if you know something that will help make it better and you keep it to yourself, sorry.
Remember that the brethren of a mad man takes the shame more than the madman himself.
Because they don't do movies in english doesn't mean they can't speak good english. Although there are Yoruba actors who cannot speak english, same as some igbo actors in Yorobawood who suffers the same fate(I forgot her last name, she was in Living in bondage). Its very wrong to say such and I see no difference between you and the OP.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 9:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
lawisong:

Believe it or not, the originator of this thread did not mean to sound tribalistic. Perhaps it was wrong choice of words that made him appear tribalistic. I believe what he wanted was to create an avenue where we  can all proffer solutions to the present setbacks experienced by our beloved Nollyhood and how to move d industry forward. I am neither an igbo nor a yoruba but i'm amazed at the aggression of amaka and co towards this issue. Na wa o. But this is a common thing that when a particular tribe dominate at the helm of affairs people tend to generalise if things go wrong. Abi have we not heard even d igbos accusing d hausas for ruining the nation's politics. Why dont they blame Yaradua instead. So my brother is not far from the truth if he too generalises. Afterall the igbos are at the helm of affairs in nollyhood. Come to think of it, how will nollyhood grow when two brothers Esiegbu and Kanayo are busy fighting for the top job. Now are these two not igbos? Abeg lets call a spade a spade instead of causing a miniature civil war 2 here. One love.
May be the lady who said Yoruba actors can speak english made use of wrong choice of words. OP didn't hide his own tribalism, he/she brought it to the table.

1. What concerns Tunde Kenali with film management if the OP knows what he is saying?

2. Who told you Kanayo and Ejike Asiegbu are brothers?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2009
Hmmmmm!

lawisong:

Believe it or not, the originator of this thread did not mean to sound tribalistic. Perhaps it was wrong choice of words that made him appear tribalistic. I believe what he wanted was to create an avenue where we can all proffer solutions to the present setbacks experienced by our beloved Nollyhood and how to move d industry forward. I am neither an igbo nor a yoruba but i'm amazed at the aggression of amaka and co towards this issue. Na wa o. But this is a common thing that when a particular tribe dominate at the helm of affairs people tend to generalise if things go wrong. Abi have we not heard even d igbos accusing d hausas for ruining the nation's politics. Why dont they blame Yaradua instead. So my brother is not far from the truth if he too generalises. Afterall the igbos are at the helm of affairs in nollyhood. Come to think of it, how will nollyhood grow when two brothers Esiegbu and Kanayo are busy fighting for the top job. Now are these two not igbos? Abeg lets call a spade a spade instead of causing a miniature civil war 2 here. One love.
Are you minding Funmi and her clowns?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by lawisong(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2009
Amaka i like ur sense of maturity alot. One would have expected u to give that thiefofhearts a black eye for her insolence but rather u decided to laugh it over in the true spirit of sportsmanship. Thats a nice wife quality u got there. Abeg are u still single? I think i'm interested grin Well, whatever the case, please lets try and air our views like literate adults without insulting one another. You never can tell who the other person is. It may even be ur mama, big aunty or the general overseer of ur church. Once again, amaka let me know if u're single, women like u are hard to find.cool
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

OH PLEASE! if you dont want to settle for trash, then i suggest you give the producers ALL THE MONEY THEY NEED to make the best movie they can.
just about 2 weeks ago a special on nollywood came on tv.
mercy johnson was actually in it.
t[b]hey were doing a movie about the war that happend in liberia.
the producers were running out of money so they were rushing!!
the hotel bill was skyrocketing, the actors and extras went without breakfast and lunch.
this is all because they couldnt afford to pay for all the expenses.
they were rushing to complete the movie because they were running out of money.
you see?[/b] thats why if they had more funding the movies could be better. most of this is coming out of the producers pockets. although they are saying that the government has started funding about 40% of certain movies now.
but im not too sure about that last part.
This is one of the reasons they banned some actors/actresses some years ago. I know that these Yoruba tribalists would have raised hell if majority of the banned  professionals were Yoruba, happily they were igbo.

These marketers make arrangements for location(majority of Nollywood movies are shot in Lagos and Enugu), they contract camera men, costume designers blah blah blha and if it they are gonna use a house, they beg the owners to let them use their property for about 8 hours.  The star actor/actress will not arrive on location on time. Bimbo Akintola and Genevieve Nnaji were notorious for that. Sometimes, they arrive 4 hours later and shooting will be cancelled for that day meaning that the sponsor will pay extra to all the contractors for their accommodation, feeding and hope they don't have another thing planned for the next day. The  producer will also beg the landlord and his wife for another chance  just because an arrogant actor/actress refuses to act professional.

When they were slammed with a ban, some started running their ukpaka mouth against the very marketers who made them stars because they felt they are indispensable. What they didn't know was that someone's star power goes down if he/she becomes absent for a long time. They had to beg for their jobs back.

What most of these tribalists don't know is that actors and actresses are not the only human resource in film production. In most cases, they are not the highest paid professionals in a production. There are few Igbo or Yoruba movie that are completely  produced by one tribe.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by LadyT(f): 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2009
Seriously all you idiots with multiple IDS need banning signing in under different names to defend yourselves. Seriously if you didnt know till today you are a loser then let me tell you YOU ARE A LOSER!!!
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2009
$osisi:

Please hold it!!!!!!!!!
are you trying to be funny or you think you're talking to blockheads
This is the very first post on this thread

Now how is it not about tribe?
did you correct that lunatic that posted that if it wasn't about tribe?
how irritating!

How do you expect her to see it; Tribalists like ikeyman, seejeey8, Becomerich are seldom harmful; It's the underground ones that will slice you while laughing in your face. If i didn't discover tpiah, would you people ever suspect her?. Negronations came out of his closet the other time and i bet you more will soon rise and drop their usual endearments.  Imagine how she turned a blind eye on the very first comment that attracted over 5 people who got pissed only to fight a subsequent comment.  That is their usual tactics. You wonder how people hate and fight racism yet they enjoy tribalism as long as it is not against them.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2009
lawisong:

Amaka i like ur sense of maturity alot. One would have expected u to give that thiefofhearts a black eye for her insolence but rather u decided to laugh it over in the true spirit of sportsmanship. Thats a nice wife quality u got there. Abeg are u still single? I think i'm interested grin Well, whatever the case, please lets try and air our views like literate adults without insulting one another. You never can tell who the other person is. It may even be ur mama, big aunty or the general overseer of ur church. Once again, amaka let me know if u're single, women like u are hard to find.cool

yeah im single but not available.
there is a difference. lol
im not looking for anyone and especially NOT over the internet.
but thanks anyway. smiley
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

This is one of the reasons they banned some actors/actresses some years ago. I know that these Yoruba tribalists would have raised hell if majority of the banned professionals were Yoruba, happily they were igbo.

These marketers make arrangements for location(majority of Nollywood movies are shot in Lagos and Enugu), they contract camera men, costume designers blah blah blha and if it they are gonna use a house, they beg the owners to let them use their property for about 8 hours. The star actor/actress will not arrive on location on time. Bimbo Akintola and Genevieve Nnaji were notorious for that. Sometimes, they arrive 4 hours later and shooting will be cancelled for that day meaning that the sponsor will pay extra to all the contractors for their accommodation, feeding and hope they don't have another thing planned for the next day. The producer will also beg the landlord and his wife for another chance just because an arrogant actor/actress refuses to act professional.

When they were slammed with a ban, some started running their ukpaka mouth against the very marketers who made them stars because they felt they are indispensable. What they didn't know was that someone's star power goes down if he/she becomes absent for a long time. They had to beg for their jobs back.

What most of these tribalists don't know is that actors and actresses are not the only human resource in film production. In most cases, they are not the highest paid professionals in a production. There are few Igbo or Yoruba movie that are completely produced by one tribe.

exactly!!
some people are hypocrites.
they will probably say things like "All those igbos were banned because they were stupid, foolish, blah blah blah, ect" but if many yorubas were banned they would probably say "Why are all of them being banned? this is tribalism! blah blah blah ect"
so i do agree that thank God most of them being banned were igbos so some people cant come and criticize and say this, that, or the other.
people and their tribal war on nairaland. sigh . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How much is SLTV Decoder in Nigeria and what channels are available? / Your Honest Review Concerning The Iroko Tv Mobile App / Please Do Anyone Has REGINA DANIELS Contact,i Would Like To Propose To Her Now..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.