Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival (10829 Views)

Celebrities At 5th Africa International Film Festival ,in Lekki Lagos / Reckless And Irresponsible Gulder Promo Image: Thumbs Down Gulder!! / If All The Guns In Action Movies Were Replaced With Thumbs-Ups... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2009
lawisong, kiss her ass all you want, you wont get any nookie over the internet grin

Bloody pedophile.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2009
amaka do you even know wdh you are talking about?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by asha80(m): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2009
lawisong:

Believe it or not, the originator of this thread did not mean to sound tribalistic. Perhaps it was wrong choice of words that made him appear tribalistic. I believe what he wanted was to create an avenue where we can all proffer solutions to the present setbacks experienced by our beloved Nollyhood and how to move d industry forward. I am neither an igbo nor a yoruba but i'm amazed at the aggression of amaka and co towards this issue. Na wa o. But this is a common thing that when a particular tribe dominate at the helm of affairs people tend to generalise if things go wrong. Abi have we not heard even d igbos accusing d hausas for ruining the nation's politics. Why dont they blame Yaradua instead. So my brother is not far from the truth if he too generalises. Afterall the igbos are at the helm of affairs in nollyhood. Come to think of it, how will nollyhood grow when two brothers Esiegbu and Kanayo are busy fighting for the top job. Now are these two not igbos? Abeg lets call a spade a spade instead of causing a miniature civil war 2 here. One love.

Battle for supremacy tears Yoruba film industry apart
Adunola Fasuyi, Lagos
Saturday, August 15, 2009
The issues of seniority and age have eaten deep into the Yoruba film industry such that it is gradually tearing apart the sector as well as derailing progress that would have moved the movie industry to greater heights.

advertisement

Industry observers said that the issue could destroy the industry if not decisively addressed by leaders and elders in the industry.

They claimed there were issues of age, experience and seniority that are tearing the industry apart as some actresses refuse to pick roles/scripts in some movies once their sworn enemies are part of the cast.

Recently, top Yoruba actresses, Iyabo Ojo and Lizy Anjorin, were both seen at a public gathering exchanging abuses that almost turned into a street fight over the issue of seniority. According to reports, Iyabo claimed that she was older than Lizy and that Lizy should call her ‘Aunty’, which Lizy objected to outright, asking if Iyabo knew her age or when she was born.

It was, however, revealed during the argument that Lizy was older than Iyabo, but Iyabo said she was her senior in the industry.

However, they have both set straight the allegation on public fight between them, noting it was just a quarrel that has been settled amicably. The fact, however, remains that the bone of contention was the seniority issue.

Mr. Dele Odule, National Vice President, Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners, has given a stern warning to actresses in the industry over public embarrassment on trivial issues like age or seniority.

Odule, who confirmed that the development is causing delay in progress, noted that respect is not forced, but earned through self respect, diligence and hardwork. He, therefore, called on the movie practitioners to see themselves as one and work together to bring development to the industry, as well as to the country at large.

The issue of age and seniority had pitched several actresses like Dayo Amusa against Funmi Lawal, Bisi Ibidapo Obe against Iyabo Ojo and Sikira Sindodo, Bukky Wright against Lepa Shandy among others.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/15/625.html
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2009
Does she ever?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Does she ever?
im glad to know that people love me on nairaland for the short time that ive been here.
ive already left you alone, and you are still coming back.
do you not have anything else better to do?
C2H5OH:

amaka do you even know wdh you are talking about?
i ignored you in another thread, i told you "BYE!" long ago.
and you are still talking and coming back for what i dont know.
just because i thought you were a girl?
DONT BLAME ME BECAUSE YOU DIDNT PUT YOUR GENDER.
dont get mad about that.
youre just dying for my attention.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2009
Hehehehehehehee grin

Tori pe oponu kan toast e, ori e naa tin wu

Abeg give me something to do like writing in caps and "crying" over Boko Haram on NL threads cheesy
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2009
lol aaaa ooo amaka i've heard that one before. this is the most attention you've ever gotten in all your years on earth, huh?
dying kor living ni. these village children sef
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

lol aaaa ooo amaka i've heard that one before. this is the most attention you've ever gotten in all your years on earth, huh?
dying kor living ni. these village children sef

im sorry but the last time i checked you keep replying to me after i tell you to go away already.
YOU keep coming back.
so what is that saying? you are obviously angry and trying to look for a fight on nairaland.
sigh . . .

ThiefOfHearts:

Hehehehehehehee grin

Tori pe oponu kan toast e, ori e naa tin wu

Abeg give me something to do like writing in caps and "crying" over Boko Haram on NL threads cheesy

so what! boko haram is a serious issue! you are living in the comforts of your home in america and you dont know what its like.
im living in america too but unlike you this is serious and i have a FAMILY that i care about.
and i dont want to see them hurt, so of course i am scared about boko haram.
who wouldnt be?
just shut the hell up.
unless you are living in nigeria especially borno state, dont talk rubbish, cause it aint no joke.
now F.UCK OFF and stop replying to me.
desperate for an argument and attention.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by asha80(m): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2009
All this railway workers.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by 4Play(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2009
chiogo:

see, I'm always for experimenting

Me too, ever tried having nookie whilst dangling from a bridge?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2009
Lol look at this one

Have you even been to Nigeria? Can you speak a lick of Igbo?

Dont know why you care when you're not even Nigerian

American with Nigerian "parentage" grin
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by chiogo(f): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
4 Play:

Me too, ever tried having nookie whilst dangling from a bridge?
Nah. . . undecided

Chei, I knew this would happen. I love nairaland. cheesy
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2009
LOLOLOL

@chiogo
Go siddon jor. grin

She needed to wake up
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2009
youre so full of shi.t.
yes i have been to nigeria.

and what does speaking igbo have to do with it? does that make me less of a nigerian than anyone else?
see im tired of people talking trash.

try seeing if you can learn igbo in a country where 95% of the people around you only speak english. what language do you expect to pick up? igbo? NA WA OO!!
there are nigerians in nigeria that were BORN there and can speak their native language but want to run off to america so bad. or the ones that want you to referr to them as "nigga, OG, gangsta" or those ones that want to leave naija and never return.
but im still less of a nigerian than those born in the country?

f.uck you! you dont know me. im a PROUD NIGERIAN! so you cant try to tell me who i am over NAIRALAND.
so desperate for attention.

you are dismissed, GOOD-BYE!!
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by AloyEmeka6: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2009
Recently, top Yoruba actresses, Iyabo Ojo and Lizy Anjorin, were both seen at a public gathering exchanging abuses that almost turned into a street fight over the issue of seniority. According to reports, Iyabo claimed that she was older than Lizy and that Lizy should call her ‘Aunty’, which Lizy objected to outright, asking if Iyabo knew her age or when she was born.

It was, however, revealed during the argument that Lizy was older than Iyabo, but Iyabo said she was her senior in the industry.

However, they have both set straight the allegation on public fight between them, noting it was just a quarrel that has been settled amicably. The fact, however, remains that the bone of contention was the seniority issue.
How is a fight between two immature and illiterate women tearing an industry apart?. Nigerian journalism sucks. undecided
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2009
amaka poor thin

lmao i love it when american girls with nigerian parentage get mad.  the ooze of passion turns, sorry, makes me lol.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol look at this one

Have you even been to Nigeria? Can you speak a lick of Igbo?

Dont know why you care when you're not even Nigerian

American with Nigerian "parentage" grin

and the last time i checked from your profile you are living where? New York? if you are a more nigerian or a REAL nigerian, why are you living in another man's country?

C2H5OH:

lmao i love it when american girls with nigerian parentage get mad. the ooze of passion turns makes me lol.
im going to stop replying to you, but its sad when i see people here so desperate for attention.
chasing people on every thread trying to FORCE yourself to have an argument.
sad.
NA WA OO!!
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2009
who is Lizy Anjorin?

Never heard of her. Iyabo Ojo sef fights with everyone and she's still abit of a newbie in the industry
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2009
@TOH
E fisile.
She's going to burst out crying again.

Na hypertension go kill person
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2009
FL Gators:

@TOH
E fisile.

abi o. No wan her NL okos harrassing me on IM to leave her alone. Lmao

How did I know she couldnt speak her language. Rofl. "Nigerian" indeed.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by C2H5OH(f): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2009
amaka waka go one side. stop throwin' tantrums and quit bitchin' o jere
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2009
I wish I could cry over a country Ive never been to in my life.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2009
FL Gators:

@TOH
E fisile.

im actually laughing at how ridiculous she is.
yes i get angry and cry over REAL issues.
things like boko haram where innocent people getting KILLED is not a laughing matter.
things like this shouldnt be joked about.
TOH maybe you should go to borno state and get killed. then someone else can laugh at the situation and laugh at your death.

ThiefOfHearts:

abi o. No wan her NL okos harrassing me on IM to leave her alone. Lmao

How did I know she couldnt speak her language. Rofl. "Nigerian" indeed.
you dont have to speak your language to be a real nigerian.
if you are more nigerian than me, abeg, why are you in another man's country.
if you are SO nigerian you wouldnt be living it up in america, but going back to nigeria and suffer like everyone else.
real "nigerian" indeed, yourself.
how can you talk when you are living in america? foolish!
and yes ive been to nigeria. what dont you understand.
rotten bitc.h desperate for attention.
maybe if you go back to your mommy's breast and breast feed you can get some attention.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2009
LOL. Amaka, calm down.
I thought I was supposed to be hating on you sef. [Your words].

You see, you're making too much noise for your own good.
kpamkpamlolo
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2009
Lol she actually thought your comment to me was to her about me.  grin

Btw na your mama be "rotten bitch", you pathetic teenager.

All these wannabe Nigerians sef.  grin

if you are SO nigerian you wouldnt be living it up in america, but go back to nigeria and suffer like everyone else.

Look at the words of a "true Nigerian". slowpoke.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol she actually thought your comment to me was to her about me. grin

All these wannabe Nigerians sef. grin

like i said, go and live in Nigeria if you claim yourself to be a true Nigerian.
why are you living in the US of A?
ha! go back to Nigeria and suffer like everyone else.
until you are back in Nigeria, you have no room to call someone a fake nigerian.
dismissed!
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol she actually thought your comment to me was to her about me.  grin

Btw na your mama be "rotten bitch", you pathetic teenager.

All these wannabe Nigerians sef.  grin

Look at the words of a "true Nigerian". slowpoke.

basically what i said is you cant call me less of a nigerian than you. if you, like me, is living in another man's country.
so if im less of a nigerian, what does that make you?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2009
First of all unlike you seeking NL male atention, no one wants your attention. I just think you're abit daft/naive and your answers on this threads proves you dont know anything. I told you to step back and learn something. You're busy hyperventilating and looking for a fight. Ori daru.

You complained that we are only whining about Nollywood on NL. Are you aware of the various producers on NL. You obviously know nothing about the board. Why not just shut up and learn?

There are  MANY people who live in Nigeria especially on this board that are living better than your section 8 housing in Cali. You dimwit

The fact that you equate living in Nigeria to "suffering" says alot about you and the pathetic way you were raised.

Go and learn your language and stop disgracing yourself. One Love indeed. Oponu lasan lasan. Alainironu.
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2009
anyway Ive been told to leave you alone else you will start crying like you are known to do so I will.

Have a good night!
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by THEAMAKA(f): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2009
OH PLEASE!! here yourself? hahaha!!
section 8? is that the best thing you could come up with in a way to try and "degrade" me? hahaha!!
dont worry im living fine WITHOUT government help. i have hardworking parents so dont worry about me.

as you laughed at the fact that i was sad about this boko haram issue shows you have no heart.
yes im sad because i have FAMILY that i dont want to see DIE.
but who are you anyway? what do you know? living a posh life?
why would you joke about something like that?
so like i said, unless you are living there, dont talk shit.
go and SUFFER like the people you are mocking.
foolish B.ITCH.

until you go back and live in Nigeria, i advice you dont tell someone they arent Nigerian.
because you are no better than the person you are accusing.

fight? HAHAHA!!!!!! no one asked you to keep coming back, so now im going to keep going.

yeah i CHOSE not to learn igbo on purpose.
how about you try learning a language in a country where almost NO ONE ELSE speaks it.
try learning a language where as growing up 95% of the people spoke english and you learned to write and read in english only as your mind was developing?
Re: Two Thumbs Down For Lagos International Film Festival by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:30am On Aug 17, 2009
yeah i CHOSE not to learn igbo on purpose.[/b]
how about you try learning a language in a country where almost NO ONE ELSE speaks it.
try learning a language where as growing up 95% of the people spoke english and you learned to write and read in english only as your mind was developing?

Quoted for Osisi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Honest Review Concerning The Iroko Tv Mobile App / Please Do Anyone Has REGINA DANIELS Contact,i Would Like To Propose To Her Now.. / Nn 24 (new 24hours News Channel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.