Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister (1126 Views)

Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner – Minister / Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister / Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner- Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by gen2briz(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2016
Nigerian government is annually spending N10billion for feeding of prisoners in the country, minister of Interior, AbdurRahman Dambazau has said.

With the country’s estimated prison population of 57,000, the government is roughly spending N14,000 for a three-square meal of each prisoner per day.

Speaking at a town hall meeting in Kaduna on Tuesday, Dambazau said his ministry is searching inward to see how it can harness some revenue sources in the sector to complement government’s efforts.

“It is unacceptable for government to be commiting N10 billion every year on feeding of prison inmates,” Dambazau said.

http://www.dailynigerian.com/2016/05/10/nigeria-spends-n14000-daily-to-feed-each-prisoner-minister/
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by gen2briz(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2016
#14,000 daily for one prisoner
#18,000 monthly minimum wage...

All is well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by TedBaker(m): 3:46pm On May 12, 2016
Chineke fire that mouth he used to say that.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by jopretty(f): 3:48pm On May 12, 2016
Biko, is it in this Nigeria or another one somewhere?
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by TedBaker(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2016
Dis guy should ve served under GEJ administration if he wants to continue wif the aforementioned bill........ Haba...... Tantumergo007 see ur pipo ooo, na dem GEJ type b dis, we need serious pipo in dis baba administratn so pls Abdulrahman Danbazzau is there4 sacked.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by 2kass(m): 3:50pm On May 12, 2016
I woulda suggested using them to farm, but to farm workers requires a degree of freedom, and if not properly managed, they can escape.

But what about the mines. Use them for the exploration of solid minerals, that way they can be chained on the legs and still work.

Why will they be enjoying pension as a criminal..

I still never taste national cake except for NYSC money 2007
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by akinbros: 3:56pm On May 12, 2016
Must every APC member lie?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by okezed: 3:56pm On May 12, 2016
where is the prison? i want to join . but u go give me the money for hand, no take your hand buy am for me oooo. 14k every day for prisiner in nija?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Babacele: 3:57pm On May 12, 2016
useless minister, dan banza! which country and how? abegi how I go enter prison self to enjoy this american wonder for Naija prison! Danbaza must go! shege!
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by buharisbae(f): 3:57pm On May 12, 2016
what kind of lie is this again? each prisoner daily? abeg I dey go prison
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by mikolo80: 4:00pm On May 12, 2016
2kass:
I woulda suggested using them to farm, but to farm workers requires a degree of freedom, and if not properly managed, they can escape.

But what about the mines. Use them for the exploration of solid minerals, that way they can be chained on the legs and still work.

dogs,sniper rifles and chain gang tinz(chain 10 of dem leg together so they cannot run fast)
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by mikolo80: 4:01pm On May 12, 2016
2kass:

better enter politics if you want your share
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by lorenzo9096: 4:07pm On May 12, 2016
this man must be high on fried fish, maybe he thinks everybody in nigeria is a zombie who believe every damn thing apc say.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by mikolo80: 4:24pm On May 12, 2016
Babacele:
useless minister, dan banza! which country and how? abegi how I go enter prison self to enjoy this american wonder for Naija prison! Danbaza must go! shege!
how is he useless.can you read and comprehend?he is saying its too much.why are you foaming
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Lovelynature(m): 4:27pm On May 12, 2016
I wouldn't have been surprised if it were Lair Mohammed. But this coming from another minister shows that the lying spirit is taking over every sector of the present administration.

Naija where art thou remedy?
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by rommyth(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2016
When I read some comments, I shake head for our youths. The minister simply said #14,000 has been the budget for each prisoner. It has been like dat for long,it's not his making. Wether the quality of the food worth it is anoda tin. Dats part of the corruption we are talking about. The minister was trying to safe part of the money for other tins. He never said anything bad biko!
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by hakanai(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2016
EFCC should look into it ASAP!!! I smell corruption and misappropriation? If i eat outside i spend average N600 per meal with meat and nice combo. Now you eat 3 meals that is how much? as compared to 14000 nah hotel?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by IrradiatoR: 4:53pm On May 12, 2016
I don't think I have heard a LIE as GREAT as this all my life. . .
daily
Chai!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by IrradiatoR: 4:57pm On May 12, 2016
mikolo80:
how is he useless.can you read and comprehend?he is saying its too much.why are you foaming

I think you are actually the one who didn't comprehend. . .

slowly read through again and again, you'll realise

the minister is saying the #10 Billion naira is too much for Government alone to spend, looking for alternative sources to complement Government's effort.

Speaking at a town hall meeting in Kaduna on Tuesday, Dambazau said his ministry is searching inward to see how it can harness some revenue sources in the sector to complement government’s efforts.
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by GeeOh(f): 5:10pm On May 12, 2016
this dude is a fantastic liar
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 12, 2016
...that's the fraud of the Nigerian system. Has the president been notified that 10% of this goes the minister of ........
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Babacele: 6:36pm On May 12, 2016
mikolo80:
thank you bros....na vex because I was infected with ipob virus few hours ago.....going for vaccination jor . once again thanks
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Lexusgs430: 6:41pm On May 12, 2016
Wetin den dey give dem chop?
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by suyamasta(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2016
So you mean to tell me within two days a prisoner go don cancel minimum wage? If EFCC no look dis mata walai i go vexxx
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Montaque(m): 6:45pm On May 12, 2016
TedBaker:
Dis guy should ve served under GEJ administration if he wants to continue wif the aforementioned bill........ Haba...... Tantumergo007 see ur pipo ooo, na dem GEJ type b dis, we need serious pipo in dis baba administratn so pls Abdulrahman Danbazzau is there4 sacked.

Please save us the gibberish.
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by cola: 6:52pm On May 12, 2016
The journalist and the newspaper are criminally careless or mischievous.
10billion annually divided by 57000 prisoners and 365 days in a year does not equal 14000 naira.
The simple arithmetic gives 480 naira per day per prisoner.

Mods pls do the needful and avoid misinforming your readers.
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by mikolo80: 6:59pm On May 12, 2016
Babacele:
thank you bros....na vex because I was infected with ipob virus few hours ago.....going for vaccination jor . once again thanks
take am easy en,things will change under this team.maybe not perfect but better than pdp
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by mikolo80: 7:03pm On May 12, 2016
IrradiatoR:

I think you are actually the one who didn't comprehend. . .

slowly read through again and again, you'll realise

the minister is saying the #10 Billion naira is too much for Government alone to spend, looking for alternative sources to complement Government's effort.

thats what i am saying but the person i quoted just apologised cos som'n else annoyed him
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by 500samuel(m): 7:19pm On May 12, 2016
14 what Mr minister u mean 14 naira?? the weed u smoked is really affecting u sir....try Ekiti weed
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Dmano: 7:32pm On May 12, 2016
And if it is like this then almost every body want go prison except polithiefcian
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by Babacele: 7:38pm On May 12, 2016
mikolo80:
take am easy en,things will change under this team.maybe not perfect but better than pdp
thanks....I'm a die hard Buharist but I no trust Dambazau....read the article slowly then u ll understand.......thanks
Re: Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner — Minister by TedBaker(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2016
Montaque:

Please save us the gibberish.
pls stay on line 1

(1) (Reply)

He Is Embarrassing Us- Fayose’s Brother Blasts Governor / Who Is This Guy? Please Y'all need To See This. Could this be true? / IPOB Elders Disown Avengers, MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.