Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,843 members, 7,831,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} (20773 Views)

The Catholic Church May Be Right About Purgatory After All:near Death Experience / Is purgatory real? / Is Purgatory In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2016
postmann:

You see why I told you to go back and stay at the feet of JESUS? You're not even conversant with scriptures

Peter been married is no conspiracy. It was stated twice in the scriptures.
Mat 8:14
1 con 9:5
hmmmmmmm...well you seem to have a point.. i think she was dead.. my thought..because she was not spoken of even in that context,she wasnt referenced as been present.

and 1 con 9:5 in my bible reads 1 Corinthians: 9. 5. Have we not power to carry about a woman, a sister, as well as the rest of the apostles, and the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas? no mention of wife...

but surely...peter himself never talked about a wife.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2016
Mixing a lie with truth does not make the lie true.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:47pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Hahaha, my brother, lets just say the truth. If you have not gotten something that you need, you lack that thing. If they have not gotten their reward which they obviously need, then they are in lack? And you say this happens in heaven, so there is lack in heaven grin I don die.

Are you trying to force words on me?

Enoch and co are yet to receive the rewards of their good deeds. GOD decided to take them to Heaven according to His will, but until the Lamb was slain, their rewards were not made sure. That was why Elijah and Moses came down at the transfiguration to strengthen Christ for His task of redeeming humanity. They knew that the hope of their rewards rested solely on Christ's all-sufficient sacrifice.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Eph.4:30 doesn't say that the new man is the temple of GOD.

Answer my question: what is the temple of GOD?

Chai, sealed with the Holy Spirit means what? It is to the new man, the believer that st. Paul addresses thus Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?. So St. Paul says the New man, the believer is the temple of God.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 6:52pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you trying to force words on me?

Enoch and co are yet to receive the rewards of their good deeds. GOD decided to take them to Heaven according to His will, but until the Lamb was slain, their rewards were not made sure. That was why Elijah and Moses came down at the transfiguration to strengthen Christ for His task of redeeming humanity.

Same thing you have been saying. If they have not received their reward, they lack it, hence they lack. And if you say they were in heaven, then it's simple, they lacked in heaven. Do you see how ridiculous your claim is? That's why you can't own up to it, and you suddenly decide not to understand again. Now you also make Jesus a liar Jn.3:13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Chai, sealed with the Holy Spirit means what? It is to the new man, the believer that st. Paul addresses thus Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?. So St. Paul says the New man, the believer is the temple of God.

So, if you "fall from grace", you have destroyed GOD's temple, according to you: how can one fall from grace?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:58pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Same thing you have been saying. If they have not received their reward, they lack it, hence they lack. And if you say they were in heaven, then it's simple, they lacked in heaven. Do you see how ridiculous your claim is? That's why you can't own up to it, and you suddenly decide not to understand again. Now you also make Jesus a liar Jn.3:13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven

Was Elijah carried into Heaven or not? Yes or NO?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:01pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So, if you "fall from grace", you have destroyed GOD's temple, according to you: how can one fall from grace?

Stop going in circles, i posted the below earlier.

Syncan:

1John5:17...There is sin that leads to death. These are sins that removes sanctifying grace, this grace keeps soul alive, but when you comit sins such as mentioned in Gal 5:19-21, you fall from grace, you become dead, you destroy the temple of the Lord. If you die in this condition without repentance, you go to hell.

If someone had no opportunity of hearing the good news and lived morally right, then he dies, will he go to hell?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:02pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Was Elijah carried into Heaven or not? Yes or NO?

Listen to Jesus and answer yourself.

Jn.3:13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Stop going in circles, i posted the below earlier.

You never posted how one can fall from grace: please, how can one fall from grace? Show me from the Bible.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You never posted how one can fall from grace: please, how can one fall from grace?

Really? Is it that you're lying or you didn't see it? Ok, just see the bold in my post.

Syncan:

1John5:17...There is sin that leads to death. These are sins that removes sanctifying grace, this grace keeps soul alive, but when you comit sins such as mentioned in Gal 5:19-21, you fall from grace, you become dead, you destroy the temple of the Lord. If you die in this condition without repentance, you go to hell.

If someone had no opportunity of hearing the good news and lived morally right, then he dies, will he go to hell?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Listen to Jesus and answer yourself.

grin grin grin You won't answer again?

Was Elijah taken to Heaven? YES or NO?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by postmann: 7:09pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
hmmmmmmm...well you seem to have a point.. i think she was dead.. my thought..because she was not spoken of even in that context,she wasnt referenced as been present.

and 1 con 9:5 in my bible reads 1 Corinthians: 9. 5. Have we not power to carry about a woman, a sister, as well as the rest of the apostles, and the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas? no mention of wife...

but surely...peter himself never talked about a wife.

King James version reads: Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

And if you must find a way to argue out the authenticity of Peter having a wife in 1con9:5, what about mat 8:14? You want to argue that one out too?

We skip denomo. Christ is the real deal.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:11pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Really? Is it that you're lying or you didn't see it? Ok, just see the bold in my post.

Are there sins one can commit and still not fall from grace?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin You won't answer again?

Was Elijah taken to Heaven? YES or NO?

Jesus said:

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2016
postmann:

King James version reads: Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

And if you must find a way to argue out the authenticity of Peter having a wife in 1con9:5, what about mat 8:14? You want to argue that one out too?

We skip denomo. Christ is the real deal.
sorry catholics do not recognise king James bible..as he had no authotity to even compile it in the first place.
and there was nobody to actually verify that he translated the correct thing. so you see some key words actually differnet in the 2 bibles. read about the history of kjv anyway.

then again i agree with you insisting peter was married. because its cleary stated and i wasnt actually privy to the knowledge before now, because at one point they where all normal men before the coming of Jesus,so its very possible.

anyway in mat8:14 she wasnt referenced as been present. catholics believe he must have been widowed at some time.

that aside,where are you going with this..cause i know there is a motive. say it already.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:19pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are there sins one can commit and still not fall from grace?

1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:21pm On May 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin Somebody does not know again whether Elijah was taken to Heaven or not. See what twisting GOD's word has led people into.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

What is the sin not unto death?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:36pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What is the sin not unto death?

They are many. I am sure you neglect them, they are sins that are not mentioned in the passage i gave you, such as:

Uncharitable criticism, desire for attention (vanity), disrespect, Ingratitude, quarrelsomeness, lack of respect in prayer, ignoring occasion to offer charity, and such likes.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
grin grin grin grin grin Somebody does not know again whether Elijah was taken to Heaven or not. See what twisting GOD's word has led people into.

Don't worry, those who read our conversation will already know, that Like Jesus answered the pharisees who asked him by whose power he acts, so shall that scripture be there for you. If you don't believe Jesus, I cannot help you, I believe him.

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

They are many. I am sure you neglect them, they are sins that are not mentioned in the passage i gave you such as

Uncharitable criticism, desire for attention (vanity), disrespect, Ingratitude, quarrelsomeness, lack of respect in prayer, ignoring occasion to offer charity, and such likes.

Where are these sins mentioned in the Bible and tagged "sins not unto death"?

Even if you continue being quarrelsome, you will not fall from grace, according to you?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2016
Just look at how they are encouraging people to commit "sins not unto death" with the hope that they will not "fall from grace". Even when the Bible warns us to flee every appearances of evil. sad Surely Satan is working tirelessly.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Where are these sins mentioned in the Bible and tagged "sins not unto death"?

Even if you continue being quarrelsome, you will not fall from grace, according to you?

Make use of your brain a little, don't be lazy.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Just look at how they are encouraging people to commit "sins not unto death" with the hope that they will not "fall from grace". Even when the Bible warns us to flee every appearances of evil. sad Surely Satan is working tirelessly.

Lol, but according to you, they will stroll into heaven with these sins, Since Christ have paid for them.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:48pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Don't worry, those who read our conversation will already know, that Like Jesus answered the pharisees who asked him by whose power he acts, so shall that scripture be there for you. If you don't believe Jesus, I cannot help you, I believe him.

Let me now assume you have not read this part of the scripture:

"...and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into Heaven." 2 Kngs 2:11

What do you now have to say?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Make use of your brain a little, don't be lazy.
Please answer the questions.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Lol, but according to you, they will stroll into heaven with these sins, Since Christ have paid for them.

And when exactly did I say that?

When GOD tells us to flee every "appearances" of evil, do you he was joking? How can you shamelessly claim that someone who is quarrelsome cannot "fall from grace"?

You assume maybe everybody is quarrelsome, lacks respect and does all those things you listed there as "sins not unto death", maybe because you live in them, consoling yourself that you cannot fall from grace: please, flee every appearances of evil.

Nothing sinful will enter Heaven. And those who will enter Heaven will appear before GOD wearing only the righteousness of Christ.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Let me now assume you have not read this part of the scripture:

"...and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into Heaven." 2 Kngs 2:11

What do you now have to say?

Do not assume, I have read it, and Christ has enlightened me further, by assuring me that the heaven written there, does not actually mean heaven where God is. For he said No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

And when exactly did I say that?

When GOD tells us to flee every "appearances" of evil, do you he was joking? How can you shamelessly claim that someone who is quarrelsome cannot "fall from grace"?

You assume maybe everybody is quarrelsome, lacks respect and does all those things you listed there as "sins not unto death", maybe because you live in them, consoling yourself that you cannot fall from grace: please, flee every appearances of evil.

Nothing sinful will enter Heaven. And those who will enter Heaven will appear before GOD wearing only the righteousness of Christ.

Wow! Now I see one who does not sin . One who is ready for heaven because he does not commit any sin.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 8:02pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Do not assume, I have read it, and Christ has enlightened me further, by assuring me that the heaven written there, does not actually mean heaven where God is. For he said No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven

Hahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin

Which Heaven did He tell you that was?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 8:03pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Please answer the questions.

Even Jesus didn't answer every question. Some are just not worth it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dancing In Church (Photos) / Anambra’s Largest Gospel Music Fiesta, 'Expression' Holds In Awka(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.