Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,619 members, 7,847,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} (20863 Views)

The Catholic Church May Be Right About Purgatory After All:near Death Experience / Is purgatory real? / Is Purgatory In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

There will be two judgements:

1. Immediately after you die

2. When Christ shall come in glory to Judge the living and the dead.

grin grin grin grin

Do these verses agree?

"...But the dead know nothing..." Eccl. 9:5

"His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." Psa.146:4
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is clear from that passage that those people were on earth, and that Christ through the Holy Spirit was speaking to them in Noah's preachings to repent, but they refused: their spirits were in the prison of sin. They were therefore destroyed by the flood.

Hahahahaha, I hope you are still talking about this "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;..". First Peter tells us He was put to death in the flesh, then quickened by the spirit, he went to preach, then in verse 21 he tells us of his resurrection, then in verse 22 he talks of his ascension and enthronement in Heaven. And they have been teaching you something else. Chai.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2016
postmann:

When you uncleave yourself from the yoke of pretence, then i'll take you a tad more serious.

The second quote above gave you away.
nah!
by conspiracy theory i meant you saying PETER WAS MARRIED and your other talks like that.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 4:32pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If somebody goes from purgatory to Heaven, who saved him?
God saved him by applying d merits of Jesus to purify him.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:35pm On May 16, 2016
I'll add the remaining verses of that passage to your post. Then read it again and understand.

Syncan:

Hahahahaha, I hope you are still talking about this "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison ... when once the longsuffering of GOD waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing". First Peter tells us He was put to death in the flesh, then quickened by the spirit, he went to preach, then in verse 21 he tells us of his resurrection, then in verse 22 he talks of his ascension and enthronement in Heaven. And they have been teaching you something else. Chai.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
God saved him by applying d merits of Jesus to purify him.

I thought you said fire purifies people in purgatory? Is the merits of Jesus fire?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is clear from that passage that those people were on earth, and that Christ through the Holy Spirit was speaking to them in Noah's preachings to repent, but they refused: their spirits were in the prison of sin. They were therefore destroyed by the flood.
NO

d pasage said dat Jesus died in d flesh and his spirit was quickened, he went to preach to d spirits in prison since d time of noah, he then resurreted and ascended. wu taught u d funy tin u wrote above?

1 Like

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:41pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin grin

Do these verses agree?

"...But the dead know nothing..." Eccl. 9:5

"His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." Psa.146:4

If the verses mean what you think literally, how then did Moses and Elijah know about the coming death of Christ LK9:31. And tell me where the good thief went? The grave?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
NO

d pasage said dat Jesus died in d flesh and his spirit was quickened, he went to preach to d spirits in prison since d time of noah, he then resurreted and ascended. wu taught u d funy tin u wrote above?

Read verse 19 and 20 of 1 Pet. 3.

Tell me what you think.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2016
solite3:
Christianity is not about celebrations

which christian faith are u leading

the bible was not written by pagans.

believe or not...its you against your own delusions.d Catholic church is not the church to be come out from there
ok it is not rhe catholic church.
what church do you attend now? should we agree its that one?

or any other churches you have in mind?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by laribari(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2016
I will respond to Ayo777 tonight that is if i'm not so tired when i arrive home; i guess i don not have to wait for him to answer my question. For the sake of learning and other who might benefit and learn something new, i will just go ahead but much much later. grin wink
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 4:44pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I thought you said fire purifies people in purgatory? Is the merits of Jesus fire?
IS GOD NOT A CONSUMING FIRE? DID HE NOT REVEAL HIMSELF SEVERALLY IN D FORM OF FIRE?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:46pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

If the verses mean what you think literally, how then did Moses and Elijah know about the coming death of Christ LK9:31. And tell me where the good thief went? The grave?

It is clear to all and sundry that Moses and Elijah are in Heaven now.

The thief is in his grave.

There was a mistake in the translation of the Bible: read Luke 23:43. That comma after "thee" should have come after "to day".

So, it correctly reads "...I say unto thee to day, thou shalt be with me..."
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:47pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
IS GOD NOT A CONSUMING FIRE? DID HE NOT REVEAL HIMSELF SEVERALLY IN D FORM OF FIRE?

Stop beating about the bush, friend.

Is the "merits of Jesus" fire? Where is it in the Bible?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:48pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I thought you were the one that said the 17th verse of 1 Cor. 3 was talking about hell?

Answer my question.

Now you are being dodgy. Be honest and answer me, I have been answering your questions straight and honestly. Yes that verse is talking about hell. I did not say it's people who committed a particular sin. Destroying the temple of the lord is not a particular sin.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Now you are being dodgy. Be honest and answer me, I have been answering your questions straight and honestly. Yes that verse is talking about hell. I did not say it's people who committed a particular sin. Destroying the temple of the lord is not a particular sin.

So destroying the temple of GOD is general sin? How many sins make it up?

If somebody lives the whole of his life on earth morally right, but did not acknowledge Jesus: we both know he is going to hell.

Did he destroy GOD's temple? Since GOD will destroy those who destroy His temple (and you said it is hell).
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:56pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It is clear to all and sundry that Moses and Elijah are in Heaven now.

The thief is in his grave.

There was a mistake in the translation of the Bible: read Luke 23:43. That comma after "thee" should have come after "to day".

So, it correctly reads "...I say unto thee to day, thou shalt be with me..."

So Moses and Elijah came from Heaven, they were in heaven before Christ death abi? Yet scriptures says:

(Heb.9:11,12): "Christ being come a high-priest of the good things to come . . . by His own blood entered once into the Holies, having obtained eternal redemption.

Then according to you, the thief is in the grave, when Jesus had said to him "Today you will be with me in Paradise"

Now I see how much you believe scriptures.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

So Moses and Elijah came from Heaven, they were in heaven before Christ death abi? Yet scriptures says:

(Heb.9:11,12): "Christ being come a high-priest of the good things to come . . . by His own blood entered once into the Holies, having obtained eternal redemption.

Then according to you, the thief is in the grave, when Jesus had said to him "Today you will be with me in Paradise"

Now I see how much you believe scriptures.

Have you not read that Elijah was carried to Heaven by a whirlwind?

Or that GOD took Moses after his death?

Or that GOD took Enoch to Heaven?

These people were in Heaven before Christ's death.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 5:06pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Read verse 19 and 20 of 1 Pet. 3.
Tell me what you think.
i alreadY read and even xplained it to u
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
i alreadY read and even xplained it to u

So, what do you have to say about the "when the ark was a preparing" part?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by postmann: 5:14pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
nah!
by conspiracy theory i meant you saying PETER WAS MARRIED and your other talks like that.

You see why I told you to go back and stay at the feet of JESUS? You're not even conversant with scriptures

Peter been married is no conspiracy. It was stated twice in the scriptures.
Mat 8:14
1 con 9:5
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So destroying the temple of GOD is general sin? How many sins make it up?

If somebody lives the whole of his life on earth morally right, but did not acknowledge Jesus: we both know he is going to hell.

Did he destroy GOD's temple? Since GOD will destroy those who destroy His temple (and you said it is hell).

1John5:17...There is sin that leads to death. These are sins that removes sanctifying grace, this grace keeps soul alive, but when you comit sins such as mentioned in Gal 5:19-21, you fall from grace, you become dead, you destroy the temple of the Lord. If you die in this condition without repentance, you go to hell.

If someone had no opportunity of hearing the good news and lived morally right, then he dies, will he go to hell?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 5:30pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

1John5:17...There is sin that leads to death. These are sins that removes sanctifying grace, this grace keeps soul alive, but when you comit sins such as mentioned in Gal 5:19-21, you fall from grace, you become dead, you destroy the temple of the Lord. If you die in this condition without repentance, you go to hell.

If someone had no opportunity of hearing the good news and lived morally right, then he dies, will he go to hell?

So, if someone falls from grace, he has destroyed GOD's temple? grin Is that what the Bible says?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 5:31pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Have you not read that Elijah was carried to Heaven by a whirlwind?

Or that GOD took Moses after his death?

Or that GOD took Enoch to Heaven?

These people were in Heaven before Christ's death.

So some people did not need the redemptive power of Christ's death abi. It was you who pointed out that Only those washed in the blood of Christ are in heaven, it is you now telling me that some didn't need to wash in the blood of Christ. Haba!
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So, if someone falls from grace, he has destroyed GOD's temple? grin Is that what the Bible says?

I am sure I explained it enough for even a child, your sarcasm does not change scripture.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

So some people did not need the redemptive power of Christ's death abi. It was you who pointed out that Only those washed in the blood of Christ are in heaven, it is you now telling me that some didn't need to wash in the blood of Christ. Haba!

Did I say so?

Those people are in Heaven but none have received their rewards. Christ's death on the cross assured the reward they will receive.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 5:36pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

I am sure I explained it enough for even a child, your sarcasm does not change scripture.

You explained what? That falling from grace is destroying GOD's temple? Is that teaching in the Bible?

What is GOD's temple?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Did I say so?

Those people are in Heaven but none have received their rewards. Christ's death on the cross assured the reward they will receive.

Hahahaha, they are in heaven but have not received their reward, wow! grin grin grin. So they are in heaven but still in lack?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:29pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Hahahaha, they are in heaven but have not received their reward, wow! grin grin grin. So they are in heaven but still in lack?

I don't know if you think the reward GOD's people are going to receive in Heaven comprises bags of rice and clothing, hence your bizarre notion that since Enoch and co are yet to receive their rewards, they are supposedly in lack.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You explained what? That falling from grace is destroying GOD's temple? Is that teaching in the Bible?

What is GOD's temple?

You just have nothing else to say. I will once again teach step by step.

When a man in accepting Christ, leaves his old ways of sin----- Eph. 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts.

through repentance of heart----Eph.4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

he puts on a new man by the action of Grace from God----- Eph.4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

This new man is the temple of God ---- Eph.4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

You have heard o, harden not your heart. Heb.3:15
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I don't know if you think the reward GOD's people are going to receive in Heaven comprises bags of rice and clothing, hence your bizarre notion that since Enoch and co are yet to receive their rewards, they are supposedly in lack.

Hahaha, my brother, lets just say the truth. If you have not gotten something that you need, you lack that thing. If they have not gotten their reward which they obviously need, then they are in lack? And you say this happens in heaven, so there is lack in heaven grin I don die.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

You just have nothing else to say. I will once again teach step by step.

When a man in accepting Christ, leaves his old ways of sin----- Eph. 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts.

through repentance of heart----Eph.4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

he puts on a new man by the action of Grace from God----- Eph.4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

This new man is the temple of God ---- Eph.4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

You have heard o, harden not your heart. Heb.3:15

Eph.4:30 doesn't say that the new man is the temple of GOD.

Answer my question: what is the temple of GOD?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.