Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} (20871 Views)

The Catholic Church May Be Right About Purgatory After All:near Death Experience / Is purgatory real? / Is Purgatory In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:22pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Joey150, why did you ignore this question? define purgatory and see if the following verses agree with the definition:

"But this man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of GOD;" Heb. 10:12

"For by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified." Heb. 10:14

"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." Heb. 10:17-18

"Christ also died for sins once and for all" 1 Pet. 3:18
somebody already answered this. did you agree or disagree with his answer? if no.. why?

i think its time you start answering question
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:23pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Joey150, if you say somebody can save himself (maybe through purgatory), does this verse agree?

"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him..." Heb. 7:25
somebody can save himself.... who told you that?

purgatory is also a sign of Gods mercy.. so either ways its still valid.

now i posted series of verses to justify suffering and forgiveness of sins after death. as usual you didnt see it right? or they are all fake? whats the excuse this time?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
somebody can save himself.... who told you that?

purgatory is also a sign of Gods mercy.. so either ways its still valid.

If somebody goes from purgatory to Heaven, who saved him?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
somebody already answered this. did you agree or disagree with his answer? if no.. why?

i think its time you start answering question

Answer the question please. I didn't see any answer to that question.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan, you quoted 1 Cor. 3 as talking about Heaven, purgatory and hell, with verse 17 (supposedly)referring to those that will go to hell: is that the only sin for which one can be sent to hell?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:35pm On May 16, 2016
Joey150 and Syncan and Ubenedictus, when does purgatory take place? Prove with the Bible.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If somebody goes from purgatory to Heaven, who saved him?
if yo go to purgatory..you are still heaven bound..
its just a final stage of purification to cleanse you from any. sins(not grave or mortal sin) still left in you. as nothing unclean shall enter heaven.

so its still God.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
if yo go to purgatory..you are still heaven bound..
its just a final stage of purification to cleanse you from any. sins(not grave or mortal sin) still left in you. as nothing unclean shall enter heaven.

so its still God.

When does that happen?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Answer the question please. I didn't see any answer to that question.
syncan answered it. and he was spot on
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

When does that happen?
after death...before heaven
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
syncan answered it. and he was spot on

Why are you beating about the bush?

Please answer the question. I didn't see any answer to that.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by postmann: 3:50pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
awwwww! I'll say a prayer for you. this hate cannot emanate from a good soul

grin grin grin

You didn't take the time to know my handle before rushing to quote me.

Save yourself from spiritual buffoonery. Go back to the feet of CHRIST and learn HIS wisdom. As for now you're tearing HIS house apart with your discrimination and spiritual hollow-mindedness.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2016

I have explained this before, but you like going in circus, I will do that now as simple as I can.

1Cor 3:13 - Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. (Judgement)

1cor3:14 - If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (Heaven)

1cor3:15 - If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire (Purgatory)

1cor3:17 - If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (Hell fire)

Tell me your own submission if you disagree.

doctoralien here it is.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:

after death...before heaven

Purgatory takes place after death? Does this verse agree?

"...for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, wither thou goest." Eccl. 9:10
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:

doctoralien here it is.
So the criterion for going to hell is destroying GOD's temple?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:54pm On May 16, 2016
postmann:

grin grin grin

You didn't take the time to know my handle before rushing to quote me.

Save yourself from spiritual buffoonery. Go back to the feet of CHRIST and learn HIS wisdom. As for now you're tearing HIS house apart with your discrimination and spiritual hollow-mindedness.
i dont know if you have noticed..but look around there are not many kinds of your people here. if you want to trade words this is not the place.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 3:57pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Purgatory takes place after death? Does this verse agree?

"...for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, wither thou goest." Eccl. 9:10
i ls this what we are going to do all day, you would pick up any verse in the bible and hinge it on purgatory??

plus i gave you more than 15 verses up there..not 1 have you replied to.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 3:59pm On May 16, 2016
Joey150, you said purgatory takes place before Heaven, but the Bible tells us what will take place before Heaven:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thess. 4:16-17

Where is purgatory in the picture?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Joey150, you said purgatory takes place before Heaven, but the Bible tells us what will take place before Heaven:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thess. 4:16-17

dead in christ?? who are those? i didn't call it purgatory. am asking you?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by postmann: 4:03pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
i dont know if you have noticed..but look around there are not many kinds of your people here. if you want to trade words this is not the place.

Only if you had picked your choice of words to reflect that which you profess, then you wouldn't have found me.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by joey150(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2016
postmann:

Only if you had picked your choice of words to reflect that which you profess, then you wouldn't have found me.
what is it that you really want?? i ignored you because i do not come down to the level of insulting people on matters of faith. if you disagree with something,you say why and how. as we have been doing.

so i ask you again...what is your problem? what do you want? if you are looking for an insultmate...look elsewhere
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 16, 2016

admit or not.. bro fact is fact. we still decide easter celebrations,good friday celebrations and what not.
Christianity is not about celebrations

and you say we do not still lead the whole Christian faith?
which christian faith are u leading

well pagans gave you the bible..hmmm,if i where you i would avoid this pagans and go look for the real one.because they cannot be trusted o! at all at all.
the bible was not written by pagans.

believe or not...its you against your own delusions.[/quote]d Catholic church is not the church to be come out from there
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2016
joey150:
dead in christ?? who are those? i didn't call it purgatory. am asking you?

People like Adam, Abel, Abraham, Daniel, David, Paul, Mary, John the Baptist, Peter, and every other person who died in the Faith of our LORD Jesus Christ.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 4:12pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Joey150 and Syncan and Ubenedictus, when does purgatory take place? Prove with the Bible.
AFter d individual judgement, syncan already gave u d pasage 1 cor 3:13-15
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"...but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah..." 1 Pet. 3:18-20

Syncan, how does this passage support the view of purgatory?

Two quick questions before we proceed.

1. Were those people on earth?
2. Did the effect of the Blood of Christ get to them?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2016
Ubenedictus:
AFter d individual judgement, syncan already gave u d pasage 1 cor 3:13-15

Joey150 said "after death, before heaven" and you said "after the individual judgment". I believe this individual judgment will involve everybody: when will the individual judgment take place?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Syncan, you quoted 1 Cor. 3 as talking about Heaven, purgatory and hell, with verse 17 (supposedly)referring to those that will go to hell: is that the only sin for which one can be sent to hell?

What sin do you think it was talking about?
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

Two quick questions before we proceed.

1. Were those people on earth?
2. Did the effect of the Blood of Christ get to them?

It is clear from that passage that those people were on earth, and that Christ through the Holy Spirit was speaking to them in Noah's preachings to repent, but they refused: their spirits were in the prison of sin. They were therefore destroyed by the flood.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by postmann: 4:19pm On May 16, 2016
postmann:

joey150:
save your conspiracy theories. i dont believe in such.

When you uncleave yourself from the yoke of pretence, then i'll take you a tad more serious.

The second quote above gave you away.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by DoctorAlien(m): 4:20pm On May 16, 2016
Syncan:

What sin do you think it was talking about?

I thought you were the one that said the 17th verse of 1 Cor. 3 was talking about hell?

Answer my question.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Syncan(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Joey150 said "after death, before heaven" and you said "after the individual judgment". I believe this individual judgment will involve everybody: when will the individual judgment take place?

There will be two judgements:

1. Immediately after you die

2. When Christ shall come in glory to Judge the living and the dead.
Re: Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} by Ubenedictus(m): 4:28pm On May 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

DAT IS WAT HAPPEN AT THE END OF TIME, the bible tells us, 'it is appointd unto man to die once and after dat judgement', 1 cor 3:15 tells us what happens at judgement, some wil go straight to heaven, other will suffer loss but wil stil reach heaven as though by fire, other wil go to hell.

d pasage u quoted is abt d end of time and d 2nd coming, we are talking abt d immediate judgement after death.

this shows u dont even understand wat u are condemning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / My Wife Doesn't Want Me To Start My Ministry / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.