Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,418 members, 7,830,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple (1762 Views)

My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage / 4 Stages Of Marriage Every Intending Couple Must Know / Advice To Every Intending Baby Daddy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by LegalIcon: 10:35am On May 13, 2016
This is my opinion on marriage,
"Marriage is like shoe. When you wear oversize be ready to drag it along through out life, and when you marry under-size be ready to feel the pains through out life."

One thing about marriage is that you don't drop your shoe or remove it at any point no matter how painful or how stressful it is -
That is why I thought it necessary to write you this letter

Dear Singles,
When you are ready to buy your own shoe please take note of these three things

1. Physical appearance: Do not look for the beautiful once, the nice once or the cheap once. Look for the one that is your size.
Not every handsome, wealthy or intelligent guy is for you, not every beautiful woman is for you.
Look for the one that is meant for you, the once that aligns with your values and belief, the one who you meet at your life's journey.

It is important to know where you're going in life before you think of getting a wife.

2. Position: All sizes of shoes are not placed in the same place. There is a place for cover shoes, rope shoes, canvers, snickers etc. We have Children sizes, young people's sizes and the adult size.
Know where to get your own shoe. Your size can not be everywhere my brother, your type cannot be everywhere my sister.
You cannot be a Christian, and be looking for a wife material at a club. Your wife or husband can't just be everywhere.

Stick to your values and therein you shall find someone like you, but when your values are not defined anyone can just match you.

Discover yourself and define your values

3. Perception: In this kind of shoe purchasing enterprise, you are not permitted to try the shoe before you buy.
This is why it is important to seek guidance and counselling, from people who have bought shoes before or are into the business of directing people to the right shoes (Pastors and Relationship coaches)

And most importantly to avoid much time wasting time, simply consult the shoe manufacturer to tell you your size (God Almighty).

"You do not prepare for wedding, you prepare for marriage."
Ladies these days get so motivated when they attend wedding and they will quickly want to say yes to that guy.
Wait!!! It is not just the wedding Ooh, wedding is just one day. After the wedding. WHAT NEXT?

Finally, it is not something you rush to the market and just pick a shoes because you like or can purchase it.
Ask questions
-Where is this shoe made from? (Background)
-What's the size (Values)
-How much (His/Her interest)
-How long will it last (His/Her Character)
-Who made it? (Is she/He of the same faith This is compatibility)
-Will it match me? (This is whether he/she love you and will accept you the way you are)

Dear one. Remember, many are dragging their foot and they would hardly reach their destinies, many are feeling endless pains and wish they could pull off the shoes but no way!!!
I have seen people with beautiful shoes and when they show you their foot, you will see scares.

Beloved, it is not about the physical, it is the size, you can't know the size from afar so come close, build a relationship first but remember 'you are not permitted to try it before you buy it'
And for those who have purchased the wrong shoes, you can still make it your size again if you'd consult the manufacturer and let Him have His way in your marriage.

Your fulfilment is my priority

Is a parable for u and I and an encouragement to others. Think over this

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Purpletee(f): 12:01pm On May 13, 2016
nice one op
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 12:11pm On May 13, 2016
Nice one op

Nairaland has really changed from dumping ur gf nd using her p*ssy to dumping ur bf nd spending all his cash till he his broke

To now saving ur marriage shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is a serious wind of change on nl
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by missvera(f): 12:11pm On May 13, 2016
Hope to find my size someday...
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by sinaj(f): 1:15pm On May 13, 2016
I pray I find my size smiley
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 1:17pm On May 13, 2016
This is a new one

Marriage in relation to shoe size? angry

A successful marriage is not about finding a "perfect shoe size"

It goes beyond that

there was a time Marriage was "arranged", they never met to decide whether its a perfect shoe size or fit .
and they still had more successful marriages than all this shoe size counselling.
I believe the problem 21st century African marriages have is adopting the "westerner" views on marriage.

My advice to those aspiring to get married is to go back to the old ways of marriage,

1)wives respect/obey your husbands

2)Husbands love/listen to your wives

3)Forgive each other no matter the offence committed

4)Advice yourselves

5)Patience, endurance,humility.

etc.

if you sit there looking,searching,for "shoe size" you go old for your papa house.

punkyV what you think angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 1:18pm On May 13, 2016
Shoe size is 42 pls any one interesed in a person with shoe size 42 for marriage pm me grin grin
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by ArchEnemy(m): 1:28pm On May 13, 2016
It's a cool write up
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 1:35pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:
This is a new one

It goes beyond that

there was a time Marriage was "arranged", they never met to decide whether its a perfect shoe size or fit .
and they still had more successful marriages than all this shoe size counselling.
I believe the problem 21st century African marriages have is adopting the "westerner" views on marriage.

My advice to those aspiring to get married is to go back to the old ways of marriage,

4)Advice yourselves

etc.

if you sit there looking,searching,for "shoe size" you go old for your papa house.

U are so right but then again some humans over do things seriously
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 13, 2016
I hope to find my size lipsrsealed undecided
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 1:43pm On May 13, 2016
halfricanadian:

U are so right but then again some humans over do things seriously
I understand the OP's point

But then, Not every one is or will be lucky to find their perfect match "shoe size"
majority don't,that's why it's more preferable to go with a size you can relate with because a perfect fit is not always readily available

its called marriage "diverse background mingling together to tolerate each other's different upbringing in peace".
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 1:44pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

I understand the OP's point

But then, Not every one is or will be lucky to find their perfect match "shoe size"
majority don't,that's why it's more preferable to go with a size you can relate with because a perfect fit is not always readily available

its called marriage "diverse background mingling together to tolerate each other's different upbringing in peace".

I can tolerate any one bt to a certain extent

Lest u loose ur life if u tolerate too too mch
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by gentlegenius(m): 1:57pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:
This is a new one

It goes beyond that

4)Advice yourselves

etc.

You are right on point.
The difference between the old way of marriage(how are grand parents marry) and the way we marry today is this: In those days, people love who they marry but today we marry who we love.
We are busy looking for a perfect person we can love and marry only for the love to deteriorate or die after marriage. LOVE alone isn't enough to keep two people in marriage. RESPECT is also sacrosanct. These two things must flow from the right direction - LOVE from the husband and RESPECT from the wife. So says the scriptures.
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by askakim(m): 2:00pm On May 13, 2016
@op.. I know all ladies will love your write up; it is one thing to love it and is another thing to do it.;God bless u @op
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 2:02pm On May 13, 2016
halfricanadian:

I can tolerate any one bt to a certain extent

Lest u loose ur life if u tolerate too too mch
Tolerance is a two way thing,applicable to both partners

if you read my initial post,I gave 5 points.
which means,every one is assigned to a duty,once we carry out this duties,we will be more tolerance with each other and before you know it,we grow and understand each other.

its just like when a young girl goes to live with a relative,its a different environment,but with time,she will adjust and become part of that environment.
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 2:04pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

Tolerance is a two way thing,applicable to both partners

if you read my initial post,I gave 5 points.
which means,every one is assigned to a duty,once we carry out this duties,we will be more tolerance with each other and before you know it,we grow and understand each other.

its just like when a young girl goes to live with a relative,its a different environment,but with time,she will adjust and become part of that environment.

I get u tho wen d right time comes

And i get d right person * not really perfect*

But i will apply all u av taught me

Tanx spicy
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 2:05pm On May 13, 2016
gentlegenius:

You are right on point.
The difference between the old way of marriage(how are grand parents marry) and the way we marry today is this: In those days, people love who they marry but today we marry who we love.
We are busy looking for a perfect person we can love and marry only for the love to deteriorate or die after marriage. LOVE alone isn't enough to keep two people in marriage. RESPECT is also sacrosanct. These two things must flow from the right direction - LOVE from the husband and RESPECT from the wife. So says the scriptures.
Thank you for expressing my thoughts appropriately.

That is why love is a sham in this present age... The way people grow out of love shows they weren't never in love
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 2:09pm On May 13, 2016
halfricanadian:

I get u tho wen d right time comes

And i get d right person * not really perfect*

But i will apply all u av taught me

Tanx spicy
We are all learning smiley

But I have took the pain to learn from the people that experienced "marriage" not "wedding"

That perfect shoe size is not always available,its fallacy,you use what you have judiciously. That's the way I see marriage
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Hannysmilez(f): 2:33pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:
This is a new one

It goes beyond that

4)Advice yourselves

etc.

Ouch!
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 2:39pm On May 13, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Ouch!
You remember us today mama. smiley

is this applicable? Am I over reacting?
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Hannysmilez(f): 2:51pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

is this applicable?
Am I over reacting?
How can I not remember you baby. cheesy
Well,I think its applicable to some. Every marriage is unique and should be treated uniquely. The shoe size thing doesn't work for everyone,neither does the old school thing. Just find what works for your union nd apply,that's why you court before marrying.
Courting is hardly the time for gifts and romance,you will have all the time in the world for that.
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Hannysmilez(f): 2:54pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

is this applicable?
Am I over reacting?
Well,I think its applicable to some. Every marriage is unique and should be treated uniquely coz we all have different reasons for marrying. The shoe size thing doesn't work for everyone,neither does the old school thing. Just find what works for your union nd apply,that's why you court before marrying.
Courting is hardly the time for gifts and romance,you will have all the time in the world for that. There's hardly a universal guideline or advice for marriage.
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 2:59pm On May 13, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Well,I think its applicable to some. Every marriage is unique and should be treated uniquely. The shoe size thing doesn't work for everyone,neither does the old school thing. Just find what works for your union nd apply,that's why you court before marrying.
Courting is hardly the time for gifts and romance,you will have all the time in the world for that.
I understand you

I just feel the old ways is better as problems were rarely recorded eg divorce etc

cc halfricanadian smiley

Now don't forget Monday 16 05 wink moi birthday grin
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 3:01pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

I understand you

I just feel the old ways is better as problems were rarely recorded eg divorce etc

cc halfricanadian smiley

shocked shocked shocked shocked really?

grin grin i will buy u wateva u tinking

Happy birthday in advance grin
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 3:06pm On May 13, 2016
halfricanadian:
shocked shocked shocked shocked really?
grin grin i will buy u wateva u tinking
Happy birthday in advance grin
I will take whatever you buy grin

thanks dear...we getting closer to the grave cry
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 3:07pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

I will take whatever you buy grin

thanks dear...we getting closer to the grave cry

No no no no closer to d grave ke?

Na babe u still young for me kiss kiss

U precious nd very important u not a want to life bt a need in life ok

U closer to a blissful blessed life
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Hannysmilez(f): 3:09pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

I understand you

cc halfricanadian smiley

Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Hannysmilez(f): 3:10pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

I understand you

cc halfricanadian smiley

Well,they wanted diff things outta marriage than some folks do now.
You're a May Baby too? Happy Birthday in advance baby girl. I hope there's a giant cake baking? I'm a cake monster.
You're so lucky,I'm good at picking out gifts.
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 3:15pm On May 13, 2016
halfricanadian:

No no no no closer to d grave ke?
Na babe u still young for me kiss kiss
U precious nd very important u not a want to life bt a need in life ok
U closer to a blissful blessed life
You are the best booey winksmiley

I appreciate this
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by misspicy(f): 3:17pm On May 13, 2016
Hannysmilez:
Well,they wanted diff things outta marriage than some folks do now.
You're a May Baby too? Happy Birthday in advance baby girl. I hope there's a giant cake baking? I'm a cake monster.
You're so lucky,I'm good at picking out gifts.
Thank you smiley

yes yes there is grin

guess you are MAYBORN too smiley
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by halfricanadian(f): 3:20pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

You are the best booey winksmiley

I appreciate this

grin grin

Wat kind of cake do u want
Re: The Marriage Shoe, A Must Read For Every Intending Couple by Hannysmilez(f): 3:24pm On May 13, 2016
misspicy:

Thank you smiley

yes yes there is grin

guess you are MAYBORN too smiley
Nah April . But a lot of special peeps in my life are MAYBORN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your First Time Of Having A Heart Break..how Was It Like? / This Life Don Tire Me / The Ghanaian Dude Is Not Afraid Of Jamaicans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.