Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679623 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 9:43am On Jun 17, 2016
VISA APPROVED AT LAGOS EMBASSY AT WINDOW 3...

AFTER DENIAL TWICE...GOT IT THE THIRD ATTEMPT..

THANKS TO SLIMMY2005 WHO OUT OF HIS BUSY SCHEDULE FIND TIME TO REVIEW MY TRANSCRIPT.
THANKS TO WALSPRING...A FRIEND TRUE FRIEND
THANKS TO OJAP, BIGFRANSCIS, GUNTHER9, NABYLET, AKIN INNOVATIVEMIND, KENNYRONY MY INSPIRATION...AND OTHERS

WILL POST MY TRANSCRIPT LATER....VERY LAZY ONE BUT GOD GOT MY BACK...AS I DEY UTTER GIBBERISH V.O DEY NOD COS GOD DON APPROVE AM.

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:
VISA APPROVED AT LAGOS EMBASSY AT WINDOW 3..

WILL POST MY TRANSCRIPT LATER....VERY LAZY ONE BUT GOD GOT MY BACK...AS I DEY UTTER GIBBERISH V.O DEY NOD COS GOD DON APPROVE AM.

Congrats and all the best in your new journey
Where you able to correct the DOB on the i20 or did you use that incorrect i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:04am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

THANKS TO SLIMMY2005 WHO OUT OF HIS BUSY SCHEDULE FIND TIME TO REVIEW MY TRANSCRIPT.
THANKS TO OJAP, BIGFRANSCIS, GUNTHER9, NABYLET, AKIN INNOVATIVEMIND, KENNYRONY MY INSPIRATION...AND OTHERS

Congrats bro.

Your head is very valid

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 10:19am On Jun 17, 2016
DareFadi:

Congrats and all the best in your new journey
Where you able to correct the DOB on the i20 or did you use that incorrect i20

SORRY DEAR I ASKED THE QUESTION COS IT WAS FOR MY GF...NOT ME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 10:19am On Jun 17, 2016
OluDare01:

Congrats bro.

Your head is very valid

THANKS BRO

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Udiboy(f): 10:23am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

Congrats.
It's your time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 10:32am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem, Congrats!

typing in CAPS letter. I could imagine the joy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 10:41am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

I remember you from way back in the thread. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 10:51am On Jun 17, 2016
@ texrem

Congrats man.
God bless that window.
Oh boy I doubt if you will be able to eat today oo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Pelummy(f): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oloyeadeniyi(m): 11:02am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello house, i want link with current student at Troy university or student resuming this Fall semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by don4ye: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2016
oloyeadeniyi:
Hello house, i want link with current student at Troy university or student resuming this Fall semester.

Connect with Ratchy .. Abeg she b my olori o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2016
sofadj:
Pls has anyone here filled the Form A?

Did your school make use of 'FlyWire' ?.
I have a couple of questions.

1. If one one makes a transfer in excess of Tuition will one have the opportunity of getting a refund when you get there
2. Are you to make the transfer into Admission Office or Student Account?
3. How long did the transfer take.

Thanks

P.S. I know the school is in the best position to answer most of the questions but I want to know incase anyone has faced similar issue
My school makes use of flywire. If you figure out how that stuff works, please do let me know. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2016
onyembu2013:

Congrats oluphy. I saw you on Monday. You were wearing white shirt and blue trouser.
yea... first on window 4.. not sure we met... how did urs go?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluphy: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2016
femoalaofin:

sorry o, did finish from lautech?
nope OAU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:16am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

THANKS BRO
LET'S GIVE THE THANKS TO GOD

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pgiddy(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello guys, am new on this page.
I got an MSC admission in the US and am to resume by August. However, my international passport would be expiring by January 2017.
DO i need to go make another passport or it does not matter.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 11:21am On Jun 17, 2016
purplesummer:

My school makes use of flywire. If you figure out how that stuff works, please do let me know. Lol

I used the Flywire this year and found it pointless.......Not sure why it is been used

You log into and create an account with the student details and at the end it gives you a REFERENCE number

So the point of it all is that Reference number that would link your payment to the student ........Once it done then it gives you the FLywire account details for you to then go to your bank and make the payment or transfer yourself stating the reference number .

If thats the point why cant you just transfer directly to the school blc at the end of FLYwire you still go to your bank and do the transfer.... Through Form A payment or however bank transfer.

I though the site would allow you pay through a card system. Then it would have been a more useful site

Anyway enough of the rambling .......... In a summary that how it works
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:21am On Jun 17, 2016
purplesummer:

I remember you from way back in the thread. Congratulations.

YOU RE RIGHT MA...I ALMOST FOUGHT WITH THE V.O... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2016
lionlee216:
texrem, Congrats!

typing in CAPS letter. I could imagine the joy

HORSES RIDING IN ME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:24am On Jun 17, 2016
don4ye:
@ texrem

Congrats man.
God bless that window.
Oh boy I doubt if you will be able to eat today oo

I AM NOT EVEN HUNGRY
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 11:25am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

HORSES RIDING IN ME

Congrats my real guy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2016
warriboy21:

Congrats my real guy

WARRYBOY MY FAMOUS GUY......IM COMING TO YA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

Glad you got it this time. Congrats and wish you all the best in your endeavors

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2016
texrem:

WARRYBOY MY FAMOUS GUY......IM COMING TO YA
Abeg carry some garrison n ogbono o grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 11:33am On Jun 17, 2016
pgiddy:
Hello guys, am new on this page.
I got an MSC admission in the US and am to resume by August. However, my international passport would be expiring by January 2017.
DO i need to go make another passport or it does not matter.
Thanks

This topic has come up before ,,,,,,, Getting a Visa it is fine now (u still have up to 6 months) , it is flying that might be an issue , at MOST point of entry you would be refused if you have 6 months or less on your passport . You can get a renewal in Nigeria from 6 months to the expiration of your passport so work 6months back from January is July so from July you can get a new passport

It wont stop u from getting a visa now (blc u still have up to 6 months) ...... but u need a new passport before you travel because August is less than 6 months from January ....

It best to get a new passport from July or if you get the visa on your current passport no problem . Just make sure before you travel in August , you get a new passport then Fly with both passports .....Or if you just want one passport then go get a new passport after the passport comes then you go get visa .... Any way you decide will work .

You work out what timing works best for you .... If it comes up at the interview , state you are aware of the 6months rule and you had planned after the intervew to renew your passport before travelling . if you want to be extra safe make sure on your interview date you still have at least 6months

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by jeniver64(f): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Simon21:

OK, your visa is already approved by His grace, we shall be favoured
amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
DareFadi:

I used the Flywire this year and found it pointless.......Not sure why it is been used

You log into and create an account with the student details and at the end it gives you a REFERENCE number

So the point of it all is that Reference number that would link your payment to the student ........Once it done then it gives you the FLywire account details for you to then go to your bank and make the payment or transfer yourself stating the reference number .

If thats the point why cant you just transfer directly to the school blc at the end of FLYwire you still go to your bank and do the transfer.... Through Form A payment or however bank transfer.

I though the site would allow you pay through a card system. Then it would have been a more useful site

Anyway enough of the rambling .......... In a summary that how it works
Oh, thank you very much. From the hand bill I received, flywire claims to afford one a reasonable exchange rate. Do you know anything about their exchange rate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
Glad you got it this time. Congrats and wish you all the best in your endeavors

THANKS BROTHER ...HOPE I WILL SEE YOU AT ETSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
I
Pasadena009:
I have been wanting to share my experience; never shared it publicly, perhaps this will be a great avenue to do so. Got my visa in 2007 at the US Lagos Consulate office.

I arrived at approximately 8am, my interview was at 9am. I was barely 18 yrs old...a month shy

Interview
VO: Good morning young man
Me: Good morning ma'am
VO: What's your full name?
ME: Answered...stammer on my first name like I usually do; took 8 seconds to get it out. I realized she was patiently looking at me as I blocked & stammered with the pain of a mother.
VO: Appears that you have a stammer
Me: Yes I do
VO: My son has it too. Take your time and I'll be patient with you
Me: Very appreciative ma'am.
VO: What's your date of birth.
Me: Told her xxxxxx
VO: What university are you going to?
Me: California Institute of Technology
VO: She paused, look at me and said...that's the best engineering school country and probably also in the world.
Me: I very much aware that
VO: You must be an ingenious since only the likes of Albert Einstein go there
Me: Smiled. I guess I must be as smart as Einstein.
VO: Grinned. What course are going to be studying?
Me: Mechanical engineering as major and minor in Aerospace engineering.
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: I have my Dad's bank statement however I'm under full scholarship for both undergraduate and graduate programs by CALTECH.
VO: Can I see your bank statement and proof of scholarship
Me: Sure
VO: Very unusual to have a student born with a silver spoon riding on a full academic college scholarship to a prestigious school.
Me: Smiled.
VO: Can I see your tests and scores
Me: Gave her my Waec, SAT and Toefl
VO: Looked at me again,
VO: Talked to her next officer, they both looked at me again.
Me: Now I'm wondering...hope all is well
VO: I see you have all distinctions, overall best in your class and also have the highest SAT score we have seen here.
Me: Thank you ma'am
VO: Why did you choose CALTECH?
Me: Actually I had applied and accepted on full scholarship to MIT, Georgia Tech and CALTECH.
VO: I see but you didn't answer my question
Me: Oh, I chose CALTECH simply because I wanted to be close to water/beach, cool weather as I don't like snow and high humidity
VO: Smiled
VO: Congratulations, come back at noon to pick up your visa. Wish you all the best!
Me: Thank you ma'am

That was how I left the country! My advice is...be yourself. One thing I observed with every of my secondary school classmates that left for US was they were all going for engineering. The ones that were going for art, humanities or pure science majors, most were denied. Age is also a factor too...under 25 seem reasonable for undergraduate. Above 25, I would advise you go the graduate route.

Congrats Bro, am so happy for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
This is a live broadcast on facebook.

Got visa questions? We've got answers (If you ask)! Visa Officers from U.S. Mission Nigeria are here to answer all your visa related questions live. Come join the discussion! ‪#‎AskTheVO‬

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/askthevo?source=feed_text&story_id=10154304515489874
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ratchy: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
don4ye:

Connect with Ratchy .. Abeg she b my olori o
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.