Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679182 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Simon21(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2016
Good morning guys, hope presenting a statement of account of a joint account won't affect my chances although I have a letter of sponsorship from my sponsor and a letter of consent from the other co-signatory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Dreamhigh2016(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2016
gunther6:
My testimony thread....

List of testifiers on this thread gunther6 , Holudarey1, dickoflife, Ashbammy, Mekurexx don4ye.... Quote and add your username, na my prayer point be that wink
Dreamhigh2016.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by methodjim: 7:49am On Jun 30, 2016
I think thats fine, in as much as u have the consent of the other signatory and letter of consent from your sponsor. I hope the account is boyant enough? if your sponsor is working you can plead for his payslip and go with it but if its business plead for the required documents. sucess on your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Simon21(m): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2016
methodjim:
I think thats fine, in as much as u have the consent of the other signatory and letter of consent from your sponsor. I hope the account is boyant enough? if your sponsor is working you can plead for his payslip and go with it but if its business plead for the required documents. sucess on your visa

I have his payslip for 10 months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by methodjim: 7:54am On Jun 30, 2016
it seems most of the sucessful transcript shared are majorly from Lagos. Are people running away from Abuja VO's? or......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by YoungPablo91(m): 7:58am On Jun 30, 2016
I have similar issue about the joint account issue...my mom and I are signatories to this account. How can one compose or get the letter of consent of sponsor, and what makes it authentic? Or is it the bank that issues it? Please don't mind my naivety lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by methodjim: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2016
well, in your case I think you only need letter of sponsorship and consent from your mom. you ll need to write this by your self. the bank does not issue letter of sponsorship or consent. the bank only issues letter of reference. if your mom is working get her payslip and be sure its the same account she is using as her salary account. if you are working too get all required documents too. if u are not working u dont need to show yours. I hope this helps. It is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2016
happney65:

I like him..he's doing a good job..he deserves some award from seun..But make he no tell us say he dey do am for free ohh..na that one i no wan hear.. grin

Hahaha...I think he's being serious oh. I believe it's just lala.sticlala that gets paid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by YoungPablo91(m): 8:16am On Jun 30, 2016
methodjim:
well, in your case I think you only need letter of sponsorship and consent from your mom. you ll need to write this by your self. the bank does not issue letter of sponsorship or consent. the bank only issues letter of reference. if your mom is working get her payslip and be sure its the same account she is using as her salary account. if you are working too get all required documents too. if u are not working u dont need to show yours. I hope this helps. It is well

Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 8:19am On Jun 30, 2016
Fortissimo my boss
Where have you been
Good to have you back here sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 8:27am On Jun 30, 2016
Wow, did i just hear Emirates and United is stopping flights to Nigeria. Cheeiii my dear Nation, where are we heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by taregs: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2016
Hello guys,i want to clarify, if i secure an F-1 student visa and get to the US, is it possible not to show up at the school due to the high school fees and just find my way??!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2016
taregs:
Hello guys,i want to clarify, if i secure an F-1 student visa and get to the US, is it possible not to show up at the school due to the high school fees and just find my way??!!!

Hmmmmm...

But didn't you know it was expensive when you applied to the school

I advise you not to find your way make sure you attend school..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 8:35am On Jun 30, 2016
taregs:
Looool
grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2016
Simon21:
Good morning guys, hope presenting a statement of account of a joint account won't affect my chances although I have a letter of sponsorship from my sponsor and a letter of consent from the other co-signatory

Only letter can't get this done but ability to state reason why they are all sponsoring you is what matter here..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2016
methodjim:

I can't remember the last time pay slip was asked but you can as well take it along..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Sariahogbe11(f): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2016
Sariahogbe11:
My father is a citizen of America and has filed for citizenship for me but it's taking longer than expected, I'm about to apply to a university ( Vincennes University) as an international student, I have two questions
1) can I issue an f-1 visa and be given even though my dad is my sponsor? Or should I provide my Uncle's Soa instead
2)do I really need to submit a standardized exam at the embassy even though my school doesn't require it?
Thanks for your quick response grin

Can I please get a response
Good morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2016
On d icgpa using Wes I got a conversion of 3.14 and 3.45 for bsc n MSC respectively. I hope on actual Wes conversion it won't be less
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 30, 2016
halidaf:
bro that's nobody's business on here.. Its a faceless forum and you don't know what's in other peoples pocket . you only know what you know!
It's a faceless forum yet quite a number of people had met each other or one another off this thread and more and more people are still meeting as of today.

I can only tell the truth, whether you accept it or not, it's your own cup of tea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 30, 2016
OluDare01:
Fortissimo my boss. Where have you been Good to have you back here sir

Oga Dare how far? I've been lurking in the shadows.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2016
fizzile:
Wow, did i just hear Emirates and United is stopping flights to Nigeria. Cheeiii my dear Nation, where are we heading to?
I heard United will stop flying from Nigeria this July and Emirates was upgrading??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 10:32am On Jun 30, 2016
YoungPablo91:
I have similar issue about the joint account issue...my mom and I are signatories to this account. How can one compose or get the letter of consent of sponsor, and what makes it authentic? Or is it the bank that issues it? Please don't mind my naivety lol

It's okay to present a joint account statement as SOA, I did it also (presented SOA from my Sister n brother-in-law).
U only hv to draft one letter (affidavit of support), but both signatories should sign with dere names on it. I av a draft though if u need
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2016
visa delayed on Tuesday. my first experience about visa interview
well while on the que I was so confident cos my thinking was me wey don read nairaland transcript tire for more than 4 years no shaking. when interview start I dey see blue paper all through and no single white my heart one fall.there was this particular vo in window 3 the guy just dey drill applicant wey come in place and I was praying God should not make me goto window 3 but eventually was called to window 3.so here is my transcript.

note:I was really confident when I was talking and I did not stutter

vo:Gud morning
me:morning

vo:pass passport and 120 and sevis
me: I did

vo:how do u get to know about the school
me:I said I got to know about the school through my dad friend who is doing his PhD in the school and he also introduced me to Donald Robertson the director for international students services

vo: how many school do u applied to
me: I name the three schools

vo: so why did you choose southwest Minnesota state university over others

me: I said it organizes an undergraduate research conference annually this which would challenge me to develop my self academically so I can showcase my intellectual ability.and also the school tuition and living expenses are affordable compared to other school and it has a good students to faculty ratio which is 16:1.

the next thing was blue paper and one story wey I no hear self.when he stopped asking question and want to bring out paper I tot it wud be white cos it was just three questions which I answered well to my understanding.

Nb:he only looks at me when he ask questions after that he face his computer and start typing while I speak

there was another person that was denied too on NL on Tuesday after 2 questions but people didn't believe him when he posted his transcript.

typing using a bad phone so sorry for any errors. ur advice is highly needed cos I want to defer to next semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2016
Kpimp, I think why did u choose this schools over the rest messed u up. talking abt tuition fee, faculty ration etc also messed me up on june 20. You were not lucky today but you will be favoured in your next interview

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by DareFadi(f): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2016
Kpimp:
visa delayed

vo: so why did you choose southwest Minnesota state university over others

me: I said it organizes an undergraduate research conference annually this which would challenge me to develop my self academically so I can showcase my intellectual ability.and also the school tuition and living expenses are affordable compared to other school and it has a good students to faculty ratio which is 16:1.

Sorry to read this...maybe its becoming harder. That been said this above wasnt a very good answer.

Most undergrad do research conferences so its most likely all ur other schools do it. Then to ur next reason and next faculty ratio...most schools have good ratio . So nothing stood out to make it memorable.

.next time stay away from generic answers and make it unique. U have the first 10 second to make a good impression so if they are now asking 1 or 2 questions then its key that u are on point from beggining. All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 11:07am On Jun 30, 2016
Goodmorning House. My visa was granted this morning . 7.30am Abuja. And that of my son's F2.I was interviewed by the lady in window 7. She had denied everybody that went to her before I was granted. So it went like this....

VO: Passports and and I-20( she looks at her system then turns to me)

VO: Why did you stay 4 months in your last visit?

Me :I went to give birth to my 2nd child.

VO: did you inform immigration about your plans? (gave me a stern look)

Me: Yes I did. I landed at Chicago and told them specifically what I was there to do. ( plus my tummy was huge. No amount of jacket for hide am).

VO: Can I see he's birth certificate?(gave her)

VO: but it's written Elpaso,why did you say Chicago?

Me: you asked about immigration. Not place of birth.
Chicago was my Poe .

Vo: Can I see your receipts? Gave her. Na so she see one discount talk say na charity o. Hmmm. I defended it with everything within me. Told her i don't know about charity, but i was told self pay patients get an authomatic discount.Regardless of whether you have the full amount. (She seemed satisfied).
VO: so which schools did you apply to?

Me: Brandeis university, Temple ,TAMU and UTA
VO: (she seemed impressed with the schools) and you
got into all these schools?
Me: No. Got a rejection from TAMU
VO : So why UTA

Me: Amongst the schools I got admitted to,UTA is the most affordable. It met my budget. Additionally, the Public Administration program in UTA has my area of interest as a specialization, which is Economic Development and Sustainable Management.
VO: What will you do after your Program?

VO : I will come back to work in the public sector,especially the department of public development mgt within the CBN or the Ministry of women affairs and Social Development.

VO: (gives me an awkward look) So is that were you work now?

ME: No. I work with a commercial Bank. But my dream is to work with the CBN.

VO: who is paying?

ME: MY HUSBAND. He's a legal practitioner,and a .......with the .........And also the MD of ..........

VO: So who looks after the kids while your in
school,since your husband will be here?

ME: MY mother inlaw has a visa, my mum will be coming to get hers. So they will take turns to come and spend time with us.
VO: (nods her head in agreement) Oh that's a very good plan.
VO: do you have family in Arlignton?
ME: No but I have in Elpaso.
VO: Ok I will be granting your visas.

At that point I wasn't even listening to other things she
kept saying. Only heard something about keep your hospital receipts for immigration.
The truth is this, I'm really bold when I talk. But, I wasn't at my best.Articulate And confident, yes! But I could hear the nervousness in my voice. Plus my 3 year old son kept distracting me. I used the times she kept typing to put myself together and gather momentum.

I posted this transcript basically for all the mamas planning to go study abroad. I was almost discouraged by some people that told me it would be difficult for me to get it, because I will need to show huge sums, and my hubby won't be regarded as a strong tie in Nigeria. I wasn't even asked to show statements, I didn't do well in my GRE so I was glad she didn't ask. But my TOEFL was fine. Guys, preparation is key. Not craming. Just let it flow naturally. Goodluck to those waiting for their interviews.

23 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2016
lionlee216:
Kpimp, I think why did u choose this schools over the rest messed u up. talking abt tuition fee, faculty ration etc also messed me up on june 20. You were not lucky today but you will be favoured in your next interview

thank you really appreciate your reply and prayer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Congrats malory84

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.