Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684320 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

Which explanation does he want again aside from what the guy explain
Do you want the guy to decieve him
The truth is always bitter grin
Lol...naso boss. You are on point.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zeezahbee(f): 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
Stanley08:

Yes. I hope so. I got an A (81%) in my final project and that one was 8 Units. I hope it's more.

How can i go about the evaluation? Thank you.
well you need to start by knowing the school of want and check out their admissi9n requirements then you will request for your transcript and have it evaluated by WES or any other service. so one step at a time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by diggy4real: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=Walspring post=47227421]

Your question is damn funny and if you are the school will you give the money to the student when you knew that he is not coming to your school and he is about to run out of status?

Well it will be returned to the sender so that they will have a say when FBI or DHS question them about your status.[/quote

What do u think in my own case :
GPA :2.67
Yet to sit for GRE.
Which first tier school can give admission for January 2017...with this GPA...apart from UB....and u know is not
a competitive school like d MITs, stranford etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by diggy4real: 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:
Nooooo UB will transfer the money to the new school, then the new school will invite him to the office of the Vice Chancellor, bring an atm machine,slot in their mastercard,withdraw the money,count it with a counting machine,confirm it and hand it over to hithen he will receive a handshake from the VC #receive sense in Jisos name#

I asked because I want to know....no reason for this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

Since it was stated proficient then You won't write toefl if only your essay section on SAT meets the requirement and is above 500 or the school requirement.

Just call the school and get full details on that. You either talk to Mr Peter or Mrs Stephanie on this
sorry Walspring I don't understand the 500 ooo, please explain. Essay for SAT no reach that one na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
diggy4real:

What do u think in my own case :
GPA :2.67
Yet to sit for GRE.
[s]Which first tier school can give admission for January 2017[/s]...with this GPA...apart from UB....and u know is not
a competitive school like d MITs, stranford etc.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

where did you get this GPA from ..............Are u sure you are not assuming , Did WES give u this
Also if this is your GPA you need to put a lot of work into your GRE , i mean a lot of work . Most school requirement is 3.0 GPA so even with a good GRE , it would be hard with 2.67 GPA ....As for Tier 1 with that GPA , commot your eye from tier 1
U mean UB gave you scholarship with this GPA and no GRE ....... Hummmmm shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
OluDare01:

They plenty for there o.
I used one week there too

Can you list them so that we can file appeal for them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

I begged for them yesterday instead a moderator just used broom to sweep the comment ... Next thing , comment pulled and deleted into thin air. Na wa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 2:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

Gunther, dickoflife, don4ye
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Cambells:
sorry Walspring I don't understand the 500 ooo, please explain. Essay for SAT no reach that one na

If you don't understand kindly post your SAT score and let me see so that I explain it you better..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
OluDare01:

Gunther, dickoflife, don4ye

Okay..

I need to connect with Gunther and it's very urgent like MP sample
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

Okay..

I need to connect with Gunther and it's very urgent like MP sample

Do you need his contact?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Good Afternoon,

I got admission from a uni in NY, the total fee for the four semester program is about $65800, which I feel is astronomical . I have about 20m personally, I think that will cover for the first year fees and living cost.

Will it be wise to spend that amount on a Masters program ? I was thinking if I get to US, then probably transfer to a sch that will cost less, in spring ( is this possible? ). But on the other hand, what will I be doing from September to January.

I also have offer from a good UK uni, maybe I could just go with that?

Ideas please, cc Walspring , LagosismyHome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 3:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

Funny boss!

I wonder if some people are allergy to thinking.grin
If you dey call me boss, wetin I for call u naaa..lolzzz.. The grand boss himself. I hail u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 3:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
OJCITY22:

Boss, you funny shaa, it is well. Please explain to him Oooooooooooooo. No vex for am.
Master, am loyal. Sent you a mail. Please check it up. I have an update on something. cc: OJCITY22
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
OluDare01:
I could remember vividly when I joined this thread, I needed quick answers to my questions but unfortunately, nobody answered me.
My first 4 posts were ignored, I was angry but not hurt.
So I decided to start reading part 7 from page 1 cos I joined in part 7.
By the time I got to the last page, I was so loaded with info. Then I knew why my questions were not answered; though they were not silly.
The zeal made me read part 1-6.

But fast forward to over a year, I notice some people are so lazy to read previous pages, who you eppp Yourself.
Take the pain and go through the thread, make use of the search button.
Follow people that are loaded with info, that's how to learn. Not coming here and asking 'funny' questions.

I don talk my own

If na to go romance thread go read those kind stories, dey go read wellaaaaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
safex101:
Good Afternoon,

I got admission from a uni in NY, the total fee for the four semester program is about $65800, which I feel is astronomical . I have about 20m personally, I think that will cover for the first year fees and living cost.

Will it be wise to spend that amount on a Masters program ? I was thinking if I get to US, then probably transfer to a sch that will cost less, in spring ( is this possible? ). But on the other hand, what will I be doing from September to January.

As for me I will just lay the foundation and get admitted to another school that is cheap because to transfer to another sometimes might not be easy because some schools can be funny..

Your 20M can run the whole of your programme in another school and they will give you change join and get funding if you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
safex101:
Good Afternoon,

Tough question , depending on what your plans are .......

If you spending that on MBA , in some case you might get an offer for more than that as your year salary so overall its worth the investment and pays back . However if lets says you are doing MPH just to use as a stepping stone to move to residency then spending that amount on John Hopkins me i would not . Yes U have brandname on ur Resume but me i wont say it was worth it (some others will disagree with this statement so its a personal choice . I would rather go to a cheaper school and then face my USMLE exams

If your papa get many money yeah why not ...... if he isnt and your GPA and GRE is ok , then maybe you tap into schools that can give you GA and help you reduce that cost . ......In this economy 65K is no Joke and Newyork again , the accomodation bill for this kind dollar scarcity. You dont want to spend your master worrying SICK about how to complete your money , crying every night so if U no get 65k STEP AWAY

i dont know what to say because its all a personal choice depending on what you want . If its not MBA or some other strategic course then everyone salary go be the same range kind off after graduation so why Spend that money . Best to look for GA or something off

as for UK ...... Fizzile will jump on me if i talk , lol... so let me not talk. U can check my previous post and see my view on UK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:

Don't mind me and they can spend hours doing that.. gringringringrin

Edited

Them and not me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If you spending that on MBA , in some case you might get an offer for more than that as your year salary so overall its worth the investment and pays back . However if lets says you are doing MPH just to use as a stepping stone to move to residency then spending that amount on John Hopkins me i would not . Yes U have brandname on ur Resume but me i wont say it was worth it (some others will disagree with this statement so its a personal choice . I would rather go to a cheaper school and then face my USMLE exams
If your papa get many money yeah why not ...... if he isnt and your GPA and GRE is ok , then maybe you tap into schools that can give you GA and help you reduce that cost . ......In this economy 65K is no Joke and Newyork again , the accomodation bill for this kind dollar scarcity. You dont want to spend your master worrying SICK about how to complete your money , crying every night so if U no get 65k STEP AWAY
i dont know what to say because its all a personal choice depending on what you want
as for UK ...... Fizzile will jump on me if i talk , lol... so let me not talk. U can check my previous post and see my view on UK.

I know even get the first, not to talk of the one when get money. I run a livestock farm and haulage servicing company here in Nigeria for some years now, I just wanted something more out of life. I have a good GPA but gre 284, my sister! that gre no easy ohhh and no much time to prepare. Was thinking if it will be easier moving to another school in spring once i'm there rather than fighting for admission and visa in spring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by IDEALB: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello people!! Congrats to all those who got their visa approved! I can imagine how you must feel. Relieved!! So I am also hoping to get to school for my masters this fall by the grace of God.. My school finally issued my I-20 last week, I have paid the sevis fee and filled out the ds160 form. I also paid for the visa fee but scheduled my interview for July 28th, omo I did that because even though my school would be sending out my I-20 with DHL, I really don't want any drama with delay or error in I-20, So decided to put it as far as possible just incase. Reading all your comments, I feel like that's too late, my school resumes last week in August so like a month from resumption date is my Interview. Abeg I hope there is no latest date from resumption to apply for visa interview or so?? From my research don't think there is. Let me know though. Thanks all!! And honestly, applying for visa in Lag and Abuja is there really any difference? It's all Gods favour 100%.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

As for me I will just lay the foundation and get admitted to another school that is cheap because to transfer to another sometimes might not be easy because some schools can be funny..
Your 20M can run the whole of your programme in another school and they will give you change join and get funding if you want.

Thanks Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
safex101:

I know even get the first, not to talk of the one when get money. I run a livestock farm and haulage servicing company here in Nigeria for some years now, I just wanted something more out of life. I have a good GPA but gre 284, my sister! that gre no easy ohhh and no much time to prepare. Was thinking if it will be easier moving to another school in spring once i'm there rather than fighting for admission and visa in spring.

I hear you but its not how far but how well ........No go get depression due to worrying about fees . Financial stress abroad is not a nice feeling , especially where there is little support . Even friends dey pay their own bills so who go help u carry your matter ...
Take your time and find the school that would give you the best Fin aid . Even to change self , u go spend money of one year in one semester, even the running cost alone of staying there . Think it through and make a decision based on your pocket . YOu end up much happier and enjoy the experience if Finances is not one of your worries
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

If you don't understand kindly post your SAT score and let me see so that I explain it you better..
okay I did the new SAT which is graded on a 1600 and no longer 2400.
Evidence based reading and writing - 550
Math - 560
That's 1110 over 1600
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

i dont know what to say because its all a personal choice depending on what you want . If its not MBA or some other strategic course then everyone salary go be the same range kind off after graduation so why Spend that money . Best to look for GA or something off

Anybody wey wan go UK, make him no follow me ooooo. People get their different plans oooo. Me I get my own plans for UK waka oooo...lololZzzz. No be when UK come jam you now, u go say na because of fizzile u go UK. Better have ur plans intact ooo. My own is intact oooo.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:
Anybody wey wan go UK, make him no follow me ooooo. People get their different plans oooo. Me I get my own plans for UK waka oooo...lololZzzz. No be when UK come jam you now, u go say na because of fizzile u go UK. Better have ur plans intact ooo. My own is intact oooo.

Carry go cheesy cheesy ....... nothing do you at all at all .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:
GMONEY grin
I need money o
You fit close eyes dash me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Helkayklassic(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
OluDare01:
Don4ye is in Nairaland kirikiri
Hahahahaha... How many years sentence sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Helkayklassic(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
MimiHANS:

Feasibly, your certificate will be ready next year January, if only you meet up with the required credit units. NOUN gives out certificate to graduands every first month of the year (January), during convocation, which is one of the 'ample endowment' of the National Open University of Nigeria.

Per contra, you do not need to wait till next year January before you start your application. Request for your transcript to be sent to the school you're applying to. This can be done at the NOUN headquarters, pending the time your certificate would be issued.

Best of luck!

Thank you sir... Would that be done in Lagos or Abuja? Now that the headquarters has been moved to Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Helkayklassic:

Hahahahaha... How many years sentence sir?
I'm not sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by smartmicky: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
lionlee216:
FOR A FRIEND(daaz001)

After a long wait...my Visa transcript goes thus,

VO: Good morning how are you?
Me: Fine and you?
VO: Can i have your documents?
Me: Yes and i passed my passport, I-20 and Sevis fee receipt.
VO: Good.....How did you hear about this school?
Me: Through a senior colleague who happens to be the Human Resource Manager for Globalcum Nigeria, south west region who graduated there many years back and doing well in her field.
VO: She started typing very fast.............
VO: What is the total credit of your MBA program?
Me: 30( VO said 3?? I said 30, 30, 3o, VO now said Ohh 30 cuz i guess na my naija accent i use talk the 30....lol)
VO: What are you concentrating on?
Me: I am going for my Masters in Business Administration and i will be concentrating on Human Resource Management.
VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: This course will equip me and increase my insight on solving..VO cuts in and said how? I said it will make me to be able to analyse and provide solutions to the problem facing Agricultural sector..VO cuts in again saying be specific..Naso my liver wan cut, i now said it will make me to manage the company well and thereby moving it forward
VO: She started nodding...
VO: When did you finished your UG program?
Me: I finished 2012.
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I went for my compulsary NYSC program and immediately i finished i started working at ***** FARM SETTLMENT where i am currently the Senior Laboratory scientist as well the Assistant Manager.
VO: What are the courses you will be taking?
Me: Intro to marketing n branding, intro to information system and knowlege mangt, intro to adavanced financial cost and accounting, Organisational behavior, atc
VO: I am seeing a $5,000 scholarship here on your I-20, how did you go about it?
Me: I got the scholarship due to my Outstanding Academic Merits and my years of Professional working experience....VO keeps nodding.
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My dad
VO: Looks keenly at me and said have you paid your SEVIS fee?
Me: I said yes
VO: When did you pay it?
Me: I paid it Yesterday
VO: Ok thats why its not reflecting here on my computer and she stopped typing and started looking at me and said tho it may take a week or so before your visa will be ready because it has to reflect here before we issue it. I will be approving your visa and she cirlced the pick up location.

No documents asked....
Thanks to God almight and everyone that has posted his or her transcript here because they have always been helpful...God bless you all.

Was this in Abuja or Lagos?
Secondly, have u picked up the visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.