Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (684590 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

That is not an accurate way to calculate your GPA... If you made a 2:2 self in Nigeria , you probably have a much higher GP than 2.67 . Go to WES and use the online calculator . Put your details and get a more accurate estimation of what your GPA converts to in the US Standard .

Agency in Nigeria awarded it ... Thats good ooo. So you might be able to use it in other school or did the agency say it must be UB..

I for AMAZE before say a School for America go give funding with no GRE and GPA of 2.67 ....

Agency that process the admission for him and it will be hard to use that in another school..

I guess it was the school that did the evaluation and told the agency and the agency must have claimed they did that..

Anyway I just talk my own ni oooo gringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:
So u r among them. No wonder I do see you on sexuality thread often..lololzzzz

If I hear say I dey among them...

I no get enough internet data or time to dey read useless story that can't add value to myself..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akagson: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Why u asking us....we did not see your transcript tongue tongue

On another note just be patient. . No other way .. probably won't be out till next week as the embassy has only 2 working days this week
Lol.. The transcript; didn't give it a thought. I will, hopefully.
The working days at the embassy may even be 1 sef. They said Sallah holz has been extended to Thursday. So I'm stuck in Abj for the week. frustrating.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
akagson:

Lol.. The transcript; didn't give it a thought. I will, hopefully.
The working days at the embassy may even be 1 sef. They said Sallah holz has been extended to Thursday. So I'm stuck in Abj for the week. frustrating.

Give back to the thread
Post your transcript and let people learn from it.
Thank you and God bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2016
safex101:

Thanks Boss

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
Cambells:
okay I did the new SAT which is graded on a 1600 and no longer 2400.
Evidence based reading and writing - 550
Math - 560
That's 1110 over 1600

I thought as much when you said you didn't understand the essay then..

Anyway contact your school and they will let you know if you will still write toefl or ielts or maybe you do English classes before starting your course but believe me I don't think you will do it but try confirm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
OluDare01:

He's more than capable grin

I say a big AMEN to that... gringringrin

But as for the 2k, it means three things but you need to be specific if it's 2kobo or 2,000 Naira or 2,000 dollars..

So ask the way you want it and it shall be given to you.. Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:
I am trying to reconsider. That 2k is too small. lemme see what i can do. Lemme talk to my wife. she might want to add something to that. U know naaa.

Lol.. Very funny of you..

Indirect reply and I hope you understand this bold message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kentro201: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2016
[quote author=Walspring post=47240242]

The school must have send you an email about the category of visa you will apply for but if they didn't, kindly contact them and ask..

It should be either F1 or M1 or J1 but contact the school to know and get the right answer.. [/quote

I did asked them but the lady said they are not involved with visa processing.
someone told me it should be B1 visa category as am going for a long time study and it's just a more less short course or recreational study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
@Walspring

Please do not derail or spam this thread.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
@Walspring

Wale STOP this online soliciting!!!!
If anyone gets a ban will they DIE if they serve the term??
People coming here to beg is absolutely RIDICULOUS, PREPOSTEROUS and worse than a smelly shiiit from a bull's rear

Make dem use that opportunity do better thing with their life!!

Nna mehn na wa ooooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
Jchi9876:
@Walspring

Wale STOP this online soliciting!!!!
If anyone gets a ban will they DIE if they serve the term??
People coming here to beg is absolutely RIDICULOUS, PREPOSTEROUS and worse than a smelly shiiit from a bull's rear

Make dem use that opportunity do better thing with their life!!

Nna mehn na wa ooooo

Well as at today I haven't solicit for anyone, I was asking something about it..

But there is one thing that I noticed and I wanted to point out and that was why I copied and posted that message for him to check..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
I don't know the job they would have done that people here cannot do?? Let them peacefully serve their term and come back with heads high... When you beg like this, if they eventually come back, they will feel all high and mighty..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

I thought as much when you said you didn't understand the essay then..

Anyway contact your school and they will let you know if you will still write toefl or ielts or maybe you do English classes before starting your course but believe me I don't think you will do it but try confirm
Thanks a lot bro. I contacted them already, and they said I do not need to take the TOEFL. God bless you. Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Helkayklassic:

I got you there, was waiting for you to mention a certain year so that oga Justwise can pair you with him.. Lool.
Egbon don learn hin lesson na grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
Triggeredsam:
Has any body heard of West Virginia before in this forum.... more to talk of Marshall university, am going there to study but at least won't on be doing some odd job outside campus, I stalked the Facebook page of African student organization of the Marshall university as adviced but umunna no body wan talk to me, that place na burial grand Why no body they talk of there...

Abeg without Grant, cos am going in with pathways to msc, 4months costing 13kusd how man go take cover up, fear dey blow my yansh even if the visa is granted...
Advice pls my cpga isn't that cool (2.98) no sat or gre or GMAT or any exam, how do I Change to a more city-tionalized area if -change- dey dea haahahah

Bros I'm going to West Virginia University, for my PhD. I don't understand why you're fidgeting, yes WV is not a very rich state, and it's predominantly white, and has been tagged racist, however, WVU has a lot of Nigerian students studying there and they have assured me that there's no overt racism against them. The State is not the poorest in the US!! Get you data from credible sources. The advantage is that cost of living is lower so your rent and stuff would be more on the lower side, (I've seen rentals 1BD 1Bath going for $400-$500/month.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
sirRiddy:
Hi Cambells,
congrats on your score. Please, can you share the
resources you used while preparing for the test?
Did you go for any prep class?
Thanks
Well I downloaded some resources from the college board site. Just type 'collegeboard practice tests' on Google and u should be directed to the download page. I didn't go for any prep classes, I just continued to practice. It takes time and really works also. All the same, you can go for prep classes if you want too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

I say a big AMEN to that... gringringrin

But as for the 2k, it means three things but you need to be specific if it's 2kobo or 2,000 Naira or 2,000 dollars..

So ask the way you want it and it shall be given to you.. Amen
On point. Afterall if i send 2000 naira, it wil help him get a cab to the airport or help him tip some of those immigration guys at the airport when they see him with palm oil or excess ogbono
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
Cambells:

Thanks a lot bro. I contacted them already, and they said I do not need to take the TOEFL. God bless you. Thanks again.

Amen and you too..

In all let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Did troy give you something off tuition....if no. I hope you checked around for schools that might give you something off or full ride.. There are lots of opportunities for undergrad so lack of information is no excuse oo
lol of course. They did give me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
fizzile:
On point. Afterall if i send 2000 naira, it wil help him get a cab to the airport or help him tip some of those immigration guys at the airport when they see him with palm oil or excess ogbono

Nah so.. At all at all nah e bad..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
OluDare01:
I could remember vividly when I joined this thread, I needed quick answers to my questions but unfortunately, nobody answered me.
My first 4 posts were ignored, I was angry but not hurt.
So I decided to start reading part 7 from page 1 cos I joined in part 7.
By the time I got to the last page, I was so loaded with info. Then I knew why my questions were not answered; though they were not silly.
The zeal made me read part 1-6.

But fast forward to over a year, I notice some people are so lazy to read previous pages, who you eppp Yourself.
Take the pain and go through the thread, make use of the search button.
Follow people that are loaded with info, that's how to learn. Not coming here and asking 'funny' questions.

I don talk my own

Almost every question asked in recent parts of this thread has been answered in earlier parts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by pennstate(m): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
I do not blame the moderator for banning people! Sometimes this thread gets derailed uncessarily and have turn to some persons parlour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Thank you very much.
I sent you a pm, kindly attend.
Cambells:
Well I downloaded some resources from the college board site. Just type 'collegeboard practice tests' on Google and u should be directed to the download page. I didn't go for any prep classes, I just continued to practice. It takes time and really works also. All the same, you can go for prep classes if you want too..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
LOL
pennstate:
I do not blame the moderator for banning people! Sometimes this thread gets derailed uncessarily and have turn to some persons parlour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Still looking for Nairalanders in new jersey oo....edakun

*hugs to Lagosismyhome and Walspring smiley great job you guys r doing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by plauses: 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
akagson:
My interview was last week Friday. This yeye public holidays throughout this week will mean I won't pick up my passport this week. My tracking says my passport is still with the US Embassy. Which way na!

The DHL collection office in Abuja allows individuals to collect their passports by proxy!
This means that if you have somewhere important to be, or need to travel back, you can have a friend or relative collect your passport for you and send it across to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Triggeredsam: 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
plauses:

Bros I'm going to West Virginia University, for my PhD. I don't understand why you're fidgeting, yes WV is not a very rich state, and it's predominantly white, and has been tagged racist, however, WVU has a lot of Nigerian students studying there and they have assured me that there's no overt racism against them. The State is not the poorest in the US!! Get you data from credible sources. The advantage is that cost of living is lower so your rent and stuff would be more on the lower side, (I've seen rentals 1BD 1Bath going for $400-$500/month.

plause where are you....and where are u and where are u....soooo sombody is going to that burial ground ehhhh, state of emergency has been declared due to the recent flooding ....... i just sent u a pm pls reply immidiatly a breath has come in me.i was already heading to alabama
my infor thus is from

Unemployment Rates for States
Monthly Rankings
Seasonally Adjusted
May 2016p
Rank State Rate
1 SOUTH DAKOTA 2.5
2 NEW HAMPSHIRE 2.7
3 NEBRASKA 3.0
4 VERMONT 3.1
5 HAWAII 3.2
5 NORTH DAKOTA 3.2
7 COLORADO 3.4
8 MAINE 3.5
9 IDAHO 3.7
9 KANSAS 3.7
11 ARKANSAS 3.8
11 MINNESOTA 3.8
11 UTAH 3.8
11 VIRGINIA 3.8
15 IOWA 3.9
16 DELAWARE 4.1
16 TENNESSEE 4.1
18 MASSACHUSETTS 4.2
18 MONTANA 4.2
18 WISCONSIN 4.2
21 MISSOURI 4.3
22 TEXAS 4.4
23 MARYLAND 4.5
23 OREGON 4.5
25 FLORIDA 4.7
25 MICHIGAN 4.7
25 NEW YORK 4.7
25 OKLAHOMA 4.7
29 NEW JERSEY 4.9
30 INDIANA 5.0
31 KENTUCKY 5.1
31 NORTH CAROLINA 5.1
31 OHIO 5.1
34 CALIFORNIA 5.2
35 GEORGIA 5.3
36 RHODE ISLAND 5.4
37 PENNSYLVANIA 5.5
38 ARIZONA 5.6
38 SOUTH CAROLINA 5.6
38 WYOMING 5.6
41 CONNECTICUT 5.7
42 MISSISSIPPI 5.8
42 WASHINGTON 5.8
44 ALABAMA 6.1
44 DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 6.1
44 NEVADA 6.1
47 NEW MEXICO 6.2
47 WEST VIRGINIA 6.2
49 LOUISIANA 6.3
50 ILLINOIS 6.4
51 ALASKA 6.7

p = preliminary.
NOTE: Rates shown are a percentage of the labor force. Data refer to place of residence. Estimates for the current month are subject to revision the following month.

Last Modified Date: June 17, 2016

source http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

but my mama said they cant be poor like abuja... there must surely be a way of covering rents and other dues............

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Jchi9876: 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
Walspring:

Well as at today I haven't solicit for anyone, I was asking something about it..

But there is one thing that I noticed and I wanted to point out and that was why I copied and posted that message for him to check..

allow them to ask the questions bordering around their ban after they have served their term.

By the way they are not entitled to a response, the site has rules, they do not own the site they get banned. Period!!
You know how many times I have been banned?? I bet you do not wanna know

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.