Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (677704 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mekurexx:
All these xxxx and Bleep transcripts! Bullshit! Good riddance to all of you! Already tired of newbies on this thread derailing the flow here. The people that posted full info do they have 4 heads? Or their visa revoked angry

Whats with you and newbie? nairaland na ur family property? You and ur cohort are the once derailing the thread by dragging unnecessary issues... Let some things go

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by IDEALB: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Abeg ppl o. Please answer a sister.. Can I change my appointment? Without having to pay another 48k.. Want to move it closer, got my I-20 earlier than expected. School start late August. Thanks!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx4: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
Guys, let's move on.

In another story, the main imperiouxx was just banned by antispam bot on another thread. Always chill when you get such ban as this and stop accusing justwise for your auto ban.

In contrast to this ban received after exchanging words with _seun in 2014

A 3 years ban.

And a 7 years ban.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
[quote author=Pelaiye2703 post=47337119][/quote]

Baba I don reply your mail as far back as 4hrs ago... check ur email wella
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
worry359:

What does that matter?
Should every person here apply to the same school, same subject just because one person gained entry.
That is more likely to poison the school against Nigerians.
I do not blame the poster for keeping personal details confidential with people like you copying everything!

Muniru like you boy.... for your information, I was the first to apply to my school on this thread and I av seen others follow suit...... check my transcript, it had nothing in common to every other transcript posted here..... mungun get your life in order and die in barain or where ever u r. Anofia grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
The newbie tag was not related to when you created an account, it is the way you do things. If for any reason(s) you chose not to post your school name, you could have just put a sidenote stating that. It is simple online etiquette because you have readers to your post. It is this same etiquette(not a written law) when someone does something for you and you say Thank You.
QueenID:

Good riddance to your misconception here too...
I'm not a newbie.. All this newbie this old members that... Abeg let it stop..
Haba!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
You can reschedule(first-time) your appointment for free to an earlier date if there are available spots. And i mean first time when you use the reschedule option Once.
IDEALB:
Abeg ppl o. Please answer a sister.. Can I change my appointment? Without having to pay another 48k.. Want to move it closer, got my I-20 earlier than expected. School start late August. Thanks!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mekurexx:
The newbie tag was not related to when you created an account, it is the way you do things. If for any reason(s) you chose not to post your school name, you could have just put a sidenote stating that. It is simple online etiquette because you have readers to your post. It is this same etiquette(not a written law) when someone does something for you and you say Thank You.

Brother abeg leave all thsee hypocrites alone..... karma will ask them later on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2016
I do not care if someone created an account in 1990 or 2050. For most people they are only exposed to nairaland and naija way of things. Folks on Quora that work in Google, international airlines, hotels etc, they do not hide info. Even if they choose to remain anonymous, they give a note because they recognize they have ample readers to their post. A newbie on here is someone who prepares/goes for an interview with the "student to faculty ratio" talk or "Texas tax is less than new York" talk etc. I am still learning here and can learn from someone who just created an account about a week ago!
safex101:

Whats with you and newbie? nairaland na ur family property? You and ur cohort are the once derailing the thread by dragging unnecessary issues... Let some things go

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by QueenID: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
Mekurexx:

It's okay... Thanks for the info...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by QueenID: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2016
aadeyi:

Brother abeg leave all thsee hypocrites alone..... karma will ask them later on

Your use of words is just sth else..
Who are you calling hypocrites? And who'll karma catch up with?

Let bygones be bygones... It's okay!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ARABMONI(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
@ Dickoflife, Thank you for those important questions, @ Aadeyi and LagosismyHome, I appreciate your prompt and succinct answers,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
QueenID:

Let bygones be bygones... It's okay! I've even explained myself...

Do you fall in the category? Sorry take heart my dear.... I have never confronted anyone on this thread and am trying not to. Mabinu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
QueenID:

Let bygones be bygones... It's okay! I've even explained myself...

Good day QueenID,

Congratulations on your visa approval. I saw you concealed the name of your school for reasons best known to you, I respect that.

However, I would like to know why people conceal such a trivial information. Please, no disrespect I'm only trying to understand why people do this.

Your response would be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by QueenID: 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
mevisbleek:

Good day QueenID,

Congratulations on your visa approval. I saw you concealed the name of your school for reasons best known to you, I respect that.

However, I would like to know why people conceal such a trivial information. Please, no disrespect I'm only trying to understand why people do this.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Lol....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
QueenID:

When I posted my transcript.. I stated that I was interviewed on the 1st which was Friday...
The question I asked when I put the weds to fri date was because I wanted it to be a general question for all the people that were interviewed between weds and fri...

I didn't post the name of my school for personal reasons..

And when I went through people's transcripts.. I didn't have any business with the name of their school...all I wanted to know was how to prepare, the questions likely asked and how to structure my responses..it helped me...

I don't want any quarrel over this pls...it's not an issue..
And for those thinking I'm a newbie..I've been on this thread since 2014...I opened a new account...

Thanks

I did not read your transcript you lost me at #### University, thank God you've been on this thread since 2014, how many times did you encounter #### department in ***** school.... It happens sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2016
aadeyi:

Muniru like you boy.... for your information, I was the first to apply to my school on this thread and I av seen others follow suit...... check my transcript, it had nothing in common to every other transcript posted here..... mungun get your life in order and die in barain or where ever u r. Anofia grin cheesy grin

Aadeyi don vex... Bro abeg forgive him for he literally does not know what he is doing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2016
QueenID:

Lol....

You dey laugh? Lol.

No laugh na. U sef think am, u think say VO go recall ur visa? Abi ur transcript is different from what transpired on the interview day and you are scared that the VO will call u out as they did to someone.

Anywayz, you've got ur reason. As I said earlier, I respect that.

Once again, congrats and enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by QueenID: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
mevisbleek:

You dey laugh? Lol.

No laugh na. U sef think am, u think say VO go recall ur visa? Abi ur transcript is different from what transpired on the interview day and you are scared that the VO will call u out as they did to someone.

Anywayz, you've got ur reason. As I said earlier, I respect that.

Once again, congrats and enjoy the rest of your day.

Many thanks...
I don't know about other people but the reason I didn't name my school is for personal reasons..doesn't even relate to anyone or anything discussed on this thread at all...
Abeg no vex....

Gracias
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2016
Another fight again?
Plz na you people should stop this newbie and oldbie thing. All of us are Nlbies sad so we have one thing in common. Oldbies remember u were once a newbie. You didn't arrive where you are in a matter of seconds. Doing this biebie thing is just creating a rift
Before person go chat here he/she will start thinking of the fights and insults that will follow. You will nuh have boldness to chat again sad
Is that what this thread should be about undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2016
QueenID:

Many thanks...
I don't know about other people but the reason I didn't name my school is for personal reasons..doesn't even relate to anyone or anything discussed on this thread at all...
Abeg no vex....

Gracias

Not at all oh, how can I vex. Please, endeavor to say the name of the school when you feel more comfortable to.

Takecare...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Rheenah:
Another fight again?
Plz na you people should stop this newbie and oldbie thing. All of us are Nlbies sad so we have one thing in common. Oldbies remember u were once a newbie. You didn't arrive where you are in a matter of seconds. Doing this biebie thing is just creating a rift
Before person go chat here he/she will start thinking of the fights and insults that will follow. You will nuh have boldness to chat again sad
Is that what this thread should be about undecided

Reason why the bie thing might not go down the drain is because, when the thread first started everyone comesnout clean not hiding any vital info... if u care enough, read from part 1 to 7 and tell me how many ****** or ####### or bleep you see there.

People just came in and after stealing info, they think the best way to give back is *******. F that mentality, its absurd. Go to the Indian threads and Co and see how info is been shared. They will even do video so that u can get the clue and here we are doing bleep upandan.....

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aadeyi: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
gunther6:

Aadeyi don vex... Bro abeg forgive him for he literally does not know what he is doing

Don't mind that S boy jare..... lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Instead of going for an associate (if ur sibling dont have enough that ok ) better to carry SAT book and online material . Study as if you life depends on it , get good grades and then apply to Universities for a BSC that give full ride scholarship to international students . There should be some in NY , worse case u target other east coast Universities and take a Bus/ Train to NY for weekend .

You might be better off long term with that instead .

The sad news is that most cities and towns close to NYC are also expensive for students. And if he's to be commuting from far distance on daily basis, it won't take him half of a semester to loss energy and grade. He can check upstate for schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
imperiouxx:

Nah my sister, I'm man of integrity. It's just funny that Deetus response was funny and right on point. Of what good are these garri girls forming Malia Obama, who don't even know what's next for their future in the U.S? My wife is sufficient for me. She's right there with me everywhere online, on my nl profile or facebook. She's endowed with intelligence, geniality, affection and ambition. She doesn't flaunt her level of education, where she schooled, what she has or where she's from.
kaaii I just luv this man called imperiouxx. U toomuch abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2016
imperiouxx:

The sad news is that most cities and towns close to NYC are also expensive for students. And if he's to be commuting from far distance on daily basis, it won't take him half of a semester to loss energy and grade. He can check upstate for schools.

No ooo. How can i suggest daily commute to school. ...... it was just weekend i wrote to go spend time with family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No ooo. How can i suggest daily commute to school. ...... it was just weekend i wrote to go spend time with family.

Oh Ok. Got you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2016
gunther6:

I did not read your transcript you lost me at #### University, thank God you've been on this thread since 2014, how many times did you encounter #### department in ***** school.... It happens sha

She's scared of u.... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by temi4fash(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
God bless these family and all those who have been helping us in these great thread.

When you know you are not giving a full transcript why post it..

I dont understand for we Nigerians..

i am on an Indian group on Facebook and i see how does guys share contact, transcript and all with out restrictions and we come here and you be hoarding the name of school for person reasons. You won go pass Harvard or when you share the name of you school your admission will be revoked abi.

I have meet some really great guys here, despite how i trouble them they still listen to e and help solve some of my issues. Shout out to all of una jawe.. Make God bless una,Butter una bread..

And dos of you who come here in search of people to scam of there hard earn money as God be God and dealt with Phoaroah when he was troubling the people of His My God who i serve will trouble and Backwardness in all ramifications will be your portion.

Even they dont do jungle justice where you are, the kind of mistake that will make them gun you down without apology, That the kind you will make in Jesus name.

God bless you guys for ur various help..

Make una no worry the scammers for here, God go expose them one after the other, Open shame and disgrace na him God go do for them.

Have a great weekend

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2016
While it is helpful to post transcripts, we should respect people's decision albeit selfish not to post.
The truth is there will always be selfless guys who will post full transcript, share their knowledge for the benefit of others and there will always be selfish and superstitious persons who think revealing too much will affect them adversely.

The rancor the argument breeds derails the goodwill of the thread and makes ot a warzone, even though i like drama biko it os getting too much.

Wetin i know sef, who i epp.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
You are welcome.
My 2 cents on this matter goes thus:
As a first time traveller be neutral in your submissions. Be firm in response and not overbearing or abusive. The first check you will get is the airline staff. Some are prone to ask stupid questions like where are you going? What is your purpose and all.. Kindly restate its none of their biz and ask them to check you in and move on. Next is customs, try not to carry banned items or those in liquid form so you do not have a problem. Stand your ground that you will not drop a dime. Next is the immigration checkpoint which is where passports are tendered. Do not look at them directly, pose an air of non chalance, to show you care not about what he does and answer questions firmly. Do not allow them bully you. After you are done some ndlea and sss officers usually gather at the point of leaving the immigration counter, some will demand to see your passport. They do not have the right. Be firm in making them understand that. Drug agents are not empowered to stop and harrass. That's what the immigration official is for. Yellow card isn't needed to board a flight to the US. The issues of pta or bta also concerns no immigration official as long as you have a visa you can board a flight without any issue. The issue arises at the point of entry however, because it is expected that you have 1000$ to cover contigencies. Should anyone attack you over this they do not have the right. It is not their duty but rather that of those at the point of entry.. Lastly if you are going to atlanta abeg don't book houston ticket and expect angel zebrudayah to clear the way for you. Try as much as possible to get tickets to a neighbouring state with a connecting local flight or bus pass to your final destination. I did this by buying aticket to chicago and booked a bus pass for michigan, grand rapids slated for the next day as my flight lands by 9:45 pm local time. Lastly please do not carry foodstuffs as if the national research institute needs them for pharmacology purposes, this usually causes delays at point of entry and in most cases secondary examination. A case in point is that of mine in Istanbul few years back and also at Vnukovo airport. From then I decided carrying food from one continent to the other should majorly be the job of migrating birds. I hope this epistle has helped. See ya all on the other side (I mean Amelika o not heaven)
ARABMONI:
@ Dickoflife, Thank you for those important questions, @ Aadeyi and LagosismyHome, I appreciate your prompt and succinct answers,

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.