Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680498 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2016
dickoflife:
arent u going before me

At all. 30th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:08am On Jul 09, 2016
onyembu2013:

@gunther, imperiouxx, and dickoflife. Please how can I wait for 17 hours at dallas before my connecting flight. The thought of it dey give headache. 17 hours na more half day. What can I do during that 17 hours wait. Please I need you guys suggestion

When u get to dallas find the check in point of the airline and see if they have an earlier flight...... despite your connecting flight ticket if there is an earlier flight to portland the airline can put you on the next flight for free if there is space so u wont need to wait 17hours..

I dont know d flight schedule for dallas to portland but more likely the airline might have ealier flights
**And this advice if for anyone with a connecting or local flight within America
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Fortissimo:

Babe how far? Where you dey run go? I been dey jare. When are you jetting out?

30 days grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by calfavour(f): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2016
dickoflife:
Calflavour abi labour sorry I no too sabi english am ok jere.. Am just loyal o... Countdown begins...

Counting down
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:22am On Jul 09, 2016
calfavour:

Counting down
i need new pair of boxers. Where i fit see buy?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2016
onyembu2013:

@gunther, imperiouxx, and dickoflife. Please how can I wait for 17 hours at dallas before my connecting flight. The thought of it dey give headache. 17 hours na more half day. What can I do during that 17 hours wait. Please I need you guys suggestion

Go into town. Buythe daily pass, ride on the red line from the airport, change lines at Downtown to either of the other lines or hopefully, one of the Dallas guys can come take you around. Go to Yembo or some African restaurant to eat some nice Nigerian delicacy. Worst case, go to 6 Flags at Arlington and enjoy the roller coaster rides.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by GboyegaD(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2016
Fortissimo:

Why not stay in a hotel?

Doing what in the hotel?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 09, 2016
GboyegaD:

Doing what in the hotel?

Resting and taking a shower cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2016
calfavour:

30 days grin

Countdown, nothing do you wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2016
dickoflife:
if u use an android phone register ur trip advisor app and use it to browse cheap hotel. Motel 6 no fit pass 40 dollars maximum.

I no get for $40 for hotel. I can get a sim with $40. $10 is manageable, the economy is hard. Moreover I no get any financial aid from my school

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2016
GboyegaD:

Go into town. Buythe daily pass, ride on the red line from the airport, change lines at Downtown to either of the other lines or hopefully, one of the Dallas guys can come take you around. Go to Yembo or some African restaurant to eat some nice Nigerian delicacy. Worst case, go to 6 Flags at Arlington and enjoy the roller coaster rides.

@ Gboyeda. I am bit confused, maybe you can explain more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2016
LagosismyHome:

When u get to dallas find the check in point of the airline and see if they have an earlier flight...... despite your connecting flight ticket if there is an earlier flight to portland the airline can put you on the next flight for free if there is space so u wont need to wait 17hours..

I dont know d flight schedule for dallas to portland but more likely the airline might have ealier flights
**And this advice if for anyone with a connecting or local flight within America

Very good tip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 10:00am On Jul 09, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Thank you. I will try that out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gratefulaheart: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2016
H
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gratefulaheart: 10:30am On Jul 09, 2016
Officially signing in! Been lurking around for a while now.

Hello peeps kiss Any 2017 hopefuls here?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Chinewon88(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2016
Yea. Been around for a while too learning as much as I can so as not to ask unnecessary questions. Most of the guys on here have been extremely helpful to one another and I admire that amongst so many things albeit the misunderstandings, which sometimes is inevitable because of our different views on issues, which are ultimately geared towards proffering help and advice to those of us in need. Spring 2017 hopeful sending transcripts for evaluation.
Gratefulaheart:
Yea. Been around for a while too learning as much as I can so as not to ask unnecessary questions. Most of the guys on here have been extremely helpful to one another and I admire that amongst so many things albeit the misunderstandings, which sometimes is inevitable because of our different views on issues, which are ultimately geared towards proffering help and advice to those of us in need. Spring 2017 hopeful sending transcripts for evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Priceless200(f): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2016
Gratefulaheart:

grin grin smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Chinewon88:
Yea. Been around for a while too learning as much as I can so as not to ask unnecessary questions. Most of the guys on here have been extremely helpful to one another and I admire that amongst so many things albeit the misunderstandings, which sometimes is inevitable because of our different views on issues, which are ultimately geared towards proffering help and advice to those of us in need. Spring 2017 hopeful sending transcripts for evaluation. Yea. Been around for a while too learning as much as I can so as not to ask unnecessary questions. Most of the guys on here have been extremely helpful to one another and I admire that amongst so many things albeit the misunderstandings, which sometimes is inevitable because of our different views on issues, which are ultimately geared towards proffering help and advice to those of us in need. Spring 2017 hopeful sending transcripts for evaluation.
so u are one if the newbie? If u be bee or mosquitoe na u sabi just respect ur elders on dis thread. Oya get me a plate of nkwobi.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
GboyegaD:

Doing what in the hotel?
we can teach him how to play ps 3.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
onyembu2013:

I no get for $40 for hotel. I can get a sim with $40. $10 is manageable, the economy is hard. Moreover I no get any financial aid from my school
what school and course and what date are you travelling?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
hello please anyone knows about Brookhaven college? whats there admission process like? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
DaBlaize:
hello. please i need your help on how to go about applying for an associate degree course in the US,New York to be precise. how do i go about the process,i am working towards resuming next year January. is there anyone here who did,is doing or planning to do an associate degree course in the US? I'd love if you can share your experience,thanks.

Why associate degree and not bachelor to degree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
smithsydny:
hello please anyone knows about Brookhaven college? whats there admission process like? thanks

It is a community college situated in Dallas Texas to and why apply to community college and not university of you haven't get your visa

There is one NL member attend that college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
DaBlaize:

i am currently a first year student of a uni in Nigeria but my sibling in the us wants me to come over and start as AAS so i can work and further my b.sc on completion of the program. u have any info on how to go about it? please it is really urgent. thanks

Same old stories..

Either my siblings or aunties or uncles and so on want to come over and I should attend CC.

It is well ooo gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
dickoflife:
that is incorrect information my good man.. An AAS degree lasts for 2 years after which you transfer the credits to a university to complete and acquire a bachelors. Hope I set the records straight.

Are you trying to advice him to apply for CC after saying he is already in a university

The best for him is to apply as transfer student or apply as freshman student to university and not community college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Instead of going for an associate (if ur sibling dont have enough that ok ) better to carry SAT book and online material . Study as if you life depends on it , get good grades and then apply to Universities for a BSC that give full ride scholarship to international students . There should be some in NY , worse case u target other east coast Universities and take a Bus/ Train to NY for weekend .

You might be better off long term with that instead .

In addition he can apply as transfer student if his has good university gpa and good score after writing the SAT..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
dickoflife:
I have a way to avoid all the charges bro... Its quite simple and has been done over the years...

Abeg I need the way to avoid FBN charges because monthly they charged me useless Sms alert fee worth more than #20 and pay #2 as interest paid..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
surgeonheric:
@ qhutetomsel
I want to apply to California state university northridge so I want to ask you some question about the school because you are giving admistion there .

No go area school because it damn expensive..

Well that's my own opinion

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2016
Walspring:

It is a community college situated in Dallas Texas to and why apply to community college and not university of you haven't get your visa

There is one NL member attend that college
please who is the nairaland guy attending that school.. I heard the application is free. . whats the difference bwtn the community college and uni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2016
worry359:

What does that matter?
Should every person here apply to the same school, same subject just because one person gained entry.
That is more likely to poison the school against Nigerians.
I do not blame the poster for keeping personal details confidential with people like you copying everything!

Why do you have this mind set and thinking that people will copy the name of the school and apply there and everyone want to apply to same school with another person

Well it goes beyond that if you don't know..

Have you ever ask yourself if everyone going to USA have same plans and purpose

We all should stop some kind of ignorance we exhibit on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
smithsydny:
please who is the nairaland guy attending that school.. I heard the application is free. . whats the difference bwtn the community college and uni

Community college is the same as our polythecnic here and it is a 2 years course and after that you can transfer to a university..

Since you heard the app is free then who ever told you that was right.. Don't you believe the person ?

Well I will need to contact the person first and ask for permission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by onyembu2013: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
dickoflife:
what school and course and what date are you travelling?

MSC chemical engineering, Oregon state university. 6 th Sept but my BSC is pure and Industrial Chemistry. So I have to take prerequisites before I start graduate courses

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.