Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680809 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Basquiatttt: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks a lot!
Mma800:

congrats dear. Welcome on board. Thank God for you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
gunther6:

The same first bank I constantly visited for 100 yrs before applying at Stanbic IBTC, How long did it take?.... Congrats bro

Nah at all o. First bank bounced me when I met them. I applied at Coronation Merchant Bank. It took 4 days mehn. Applied on Monday and got it yesterday. After Sterling Bank, GTB and Ecobank had done me serious strong thing. Right now its only Stanbic that is kinda sure. Ecobank has in some branches.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
endowedlee:

Oh good bro... You got it after 2 months right ?

Ha 4 days!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2016
onyembu2013:

Which bnk please?

Coronation Merchant Bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
dickoflife:
Are u serious? Aboki is quoting 270 now. Abeg tell me how u do am cus am surprised. First bank has told me more stories than I can remember.

I guess you mean 370. Did you buy a return ticket? I really don't know how that can be a requirement for a student, but na so we see am. It's actually a very straight forward process. You submit copies of your return tickets, visa and datapage of passport, and you apply in writing. Pere. But most banks seem not to have fx available except for some select branches of Ecobank (Bishop Aboyade, VI) and then ofcourse CMB, Stanbic, Citibank and probably StandChart.

cc fizzle, it took 4 days. After I had spent months haggling with, and being pushed around by GTB, Sterling and Eco.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
gunther6:
I have been reading about all this Indians deported at the POE especially LA and Chicago it got my blood up!!! I'm expecting gurus to come here and give us pointers please.

cc imperiouxx aadeyi warriboy21

If your school is not one of the unaccredited under-the-table schools, you'd be good

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
House, has anyone had their RFID chip in their biometric passport fail on them? Does it render the passport useless? So many horror stories online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
Daodudavid:

Thanks Mr Oludare, Please can you guide me, by helping me with its link or helping with the site to register...

chk my previous post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akin3102(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
I cant send money from South Dakota using boss revolution..Please how does la Nacional works?No agent in South Dakota as well..
zeezahbee:
go to boss revolution and look for a local agent around your area. THEY have good rate. you can also check la Nacional agent around you. rate is about 340 naira to 353 naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
LordBriggs:
Opinions needed: A friend got a visa to travel to one of this African countries via an agent but did not travel. Now he was denied a student visa at the US consulate,the vo said the visa was fake.What can be done?

Agents again...smh

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fortissimo:
House, has anyone had their RFID chip in their biometric passport fail on them? Does it render the passport useless? So many horror stories online.

Just use an NFC reader from your phone to see if you can read the information. But even if it's messed up, you'd probably still be good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
LordBriggs:
Opinions needed: A friend got a visa to travel to one of this African countries via an agent but did not travel. Now he was denied a student visa at the US consulate,the vo said the visa was fake.What can be done?

All embassy's state that you are entirely responsible for any documents or passport stamps.
No crying that agent did it, they have heard that story thousands of times.

Now there is a record for fraud on the computer for ever!
Only thing now is try other countries. USA is a closed door.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Daodudavid(m): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
OluDare01:

Run for your life.
You can register for this exam with PayPal.

It is very easy.
Go to ets.org/toefl to start with.
Create a profile ( that's very easy).
Set up your PayPal account, link it with your ATM card.
Start the toefl registration, when you get to payment option, click PayPal option.
Then enter your PayPal log in details and make the payment.
QED.

thanks man, never saw this part before I guess network hide it initially

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by BrosBola: 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
biikeys:

If your school is not one of the unaccredited under-the-table schools, you'd be good

In this case who is 2 blame d student or the VO . Why didd VO issue visa to a school only to be refused at POE . Students might not know d school is under-the-table school especially people not based abroad . A friend told me to stay away from school that dont need test scores as a guide. Schools like Stratford , Columbia State University sound like regular names of University and are on this blacklist . Can you advice on this ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
worry359:

All embassy's state that you are entirely responsible for any documents or passport stamps.
No crying that agent did it, they have heard that story thousands of times.

Now there is a record for fraud on the computer for ever!
Only thing now is try other countries. USA is a closed door.

Nawa oooo so like play like play USA z closed for d person cry
Y couldn't he apply himself tho. All this agent stuffs. As in so no USA again like kpatakpata just like thatTragic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Juls1603(f): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
endowedlee:

@ bold.... Are you scare to tell us what you told VO? Common

Oh I'm so sorry I didn't state all that, I was too happy and felt it would be a long tying.

But there are proper ways to ask a person for information.

Wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, See u at UB, Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
Daodudavid:

thanks man, never saw this part before I guess network hide it initially
Modified it since morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
LordBriggs:
He's probably banned. Ask him to apply to another country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2016
biikeys:

Just use an NFC reader from your phone to see if you can read the information. But even if it's messed up, you'd probably still be good.

Ok thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Coronation Merchant Bank

Did you need to open an account with the bank? And address of the branch pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
gunther6:

Did you need to open an account with the bank? And address of the branch pls

I've had an investment account with them for a number of years. They are located at St Nicholas House, 6th Floor, 28A Catholic Mission Street, Marina.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Kpimp: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
pls house am preparing for my interview next two weeks after my first denial which i posted on this thread.i need review regarding this pre-interview prreparation.am going for bachelor degree in mathematics(its a pre-engineering course which i would transfer after the first session) at southwest minnesota state university.

vo:how do you know about the school
me:well i got to know about the school through my dads friend who's doing his doctorate degree in the school after which i went online and make a finding about the school and i applied

vo:why did you choose swmsu:i chose swmsu because it offers a pre-engineering course which would give me the opportunity of transfering to university of texas austin being it partnered school.and transfering to university of texas austin which is known for having one of the best petroleun engineering program in us would equip me with unique skills and experience in oil industry and make me be able o contribute my own quota to the development of oil sector in nigeria because my country is really facing economic hardship due to fall in oil price and poor state of refinery.

vo:why dont you head to university of texas direct
me:because i want to have a cost effective start to my degree and it would save me a lot of money around $15k

vo:why mathematics
me:well mathematics is actually pre-engineering programm that would prepare me into college of engineering and enable be become a good and sound petroleum engineer and work in an oil refinery company which would give me the opportunity of contributing to the development of oil industry when i return after my studies

vo:what would this course do for you
me:it would prepare me into college of engineering and enable me become a good and sound petroleum engineer and work in oil refinery company.

pls i need suggestion could remember methodjim,darefadi,ashbammy,mekurexx comment on my first transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
BrosBola:

In this case who is 2 blame d student or the VO . Why didd VO issue visa to a school only to be refused at POE . Students might not know d school is under-the-table school especially people not based abroad . A friend told me to stay away from school that dont need test scores as a guide. Schools like Stratford , Columbia State University sound like regular names of University and are on this blacklist . Can you advice on this ?

I wouldn't use that on its own as a yardstick. There are top schools that looks at your experience,publications,qualifications and then waive test scores. Just FYI, people still get visas and study in some of those blacklisted schools. So blacklisting doesn't mean you will definitely be denied a visa or entry into the US...although the probability of either happening is probably close to 1 now with terrorism concerns amongst other issues. While accreditation is probably the most common way to spot such universities, some accredited schools get flagged for engaging in fraudulent activities.....and don't be fooled by the names

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

I've had an investment account with them for a number of years. They are located at St Nicholas House, 6th Floor, 28A Catholic Mission Street, Marina.

I'm sorry I'm quizzing you too much over this, Stanbic has been posting me since yesterday, check back today, check back tomorrow blah blah... What's the minimum requirement (money and stuffs) to open an investment account with them, must you have been their customer for sometime before applying, can you use a debit card on the account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kpimp:

vo:why did you choose swmsu:i chose swmsu because it offers a pre-engineering course which would give me the opportunity of transfering to university of texas austin being it partnered school.and transfering to university of texas austin which is known for having one of the best petroleun engineering program in us would equip me with unique skills and experience in oil industry and make me be able o contribute my own quota to the development of oil sector in nigeria because my country is really facing economic hardship due to fall in oil price and poor state of refinery.

me:because i want to have a cost effective start to my degree and it would save me a lot of money around $15k

me:well mathematics is actually pre-engineering programm that would prepare me into college of engineering and enable be become a good and sound petroleum engineer and work in an oil refinery company which would give me the opportunity of contributing to the development of oil industry when i return after my studies

pls i need suggestion could remember methodjim,darefadi,ashbammy,mekurexx comment on my first transcript.

In an ideal world all these pre this and that is ok but we are not in ideal world ... all this is very hard to sell because why are you not going directly for what you want.... why a pre engineering? . Engineering is a direct first degree unlike medicine so why pre ....

What was your SAT SCORE.... if money is a problem, why not focus or go for lesson and try to score high on SAT. There are loads of funding for good undergard students or get directly into an engineering program

Alternatively focus on d school strength and on mathematics in an interview... Don't distract with pre this and that ...especially saying pre engineering. Loads of people enter engineering directly . For me it make you look lazy or unserious saying u need the visa to then prepare you for engineering.

Instead sell mathematics and what it can do for u .....blc remember if u cant change then u end up with mathematics as loads of pre med end up with biology degree when med don't work out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
gunther6:

I'm sorry I'm quizzing you too much over this, Stanbic has been posting me since yesterday, check back today, check back tomorrow blah blah... What's the minimum requirement (money and stuffs) to open an investment account with them, must you have been their customer for sometime before applying, can you use a debit card on the account

Naija banks sabi post pesin. I'm not too sure about minimum amount and stuff o. I can help you ask my AO on Monday. I used to use them when I had spare cash to invest in Tbills. I don't think they operate like commercial banks giving atm cards and stuff. I think they are more into asset management like them ARM, Kakawa, FSDH and co. But I will confirm and get back to you on Monday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Cambells: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hello People of God. Please If you are going to Troy University this fall. Reply me asap let's talk. Thanks grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Naija banks sabi post pesin. I'm not too sure about minimum amount and stuff o. I can help you ask my AO on Monday. I used to use them when I had spare cash to invest in Tbills. I don't think they operate like commercial banks giving atm cards and stuff. I think they are more into asset management like them ARM, Kakawa, FSDH and co. But I will confirm and get back to you on Monday.

Gracias!!! You too much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ekofisk(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Kpimp:
pls house am preparing for my interview next two weeks after my first denial which i posted on this thread.i need review regarding this pre-interview prreparation.am going for bachelor degree in mathematics(its a pre-engineering course which i would transfer after the first session) at southwest minnesota state university.

vo:how do you know about the school
me:well i got to know about the school through my dads friend who's doing his doctorate degree in the school after which i went online and make a finding about the school and i applied

vo:what would this course do for you
me:it would prepare me into college of engineering and enable me become a good and sound petroleum engineer and work in oil refinery company.

I see you're trying to use a different approach albeit this new one has a number of errors. First, you'll end up revealing too much and will consequently shoot yourself in the foot. If you've got plans of changing school/course of study, it's best you keep that to yourself. You being interviewed for SWMSU and you're talking about UT Austin. The followup question you envisaged is where the VO will rope you. While it might indeed save you some dough, whose gonna pay for the remaining three years? How will you sustain the supposed cost effectiveness since you've changed schools? I'll suggest you keep your story straight with respect to your school and course of study as you did in your first interview. Your generic response to the third question was probably what turned the VO off. You can say little (1-2 Unique points max.) and still sound convincing. Finally, I don't know how reputable the school is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by qhutetomsel(f): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Good evening everyone..

Is it compulsory to book a return ticket for f1 students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LordBriggs: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
I told him he wasn't banned since he was given the 214(b)form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Ekofisk(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
qhutetomsel:
Good evening everyone..
Is it compulsory to book a return ticket for f1 students?
NO, it's not compulsory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.