Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (678579 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
aydebbie:

You will just be doing jealousy everywhere. Kontinu
tongue
am woshing u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by uptimidst(m): 1:01am On Jul 19, 2016
Please Help!! I'm kinda confused and scared. I just received my i-20 so i'm preparing for the interview (though i've not booked an appointment yet). I finnished high school in 2008, and i'm currently an undergraduate studying agric here, but i've decided to drop out (because e don dey turn long thing + yankee na beta offer) to study automotive technology in philadelphia. I'm confused because i dont know wether to make it known to the VO that i'm dropping out or not (if i'm asked about my current education status). My mind dey tell me say dem go ask dat qstn, and its freaking me out... Abeg sharp response. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dramaka(m): 1:21am On Jul 19, 2016
Piuorji:

Return ticket is needed 4 PTA in some banks 4 F1 visa , i heard directly from d bank. If U dont need PTA 1way is ok for F1

The bank officer that attended to you is actually ignorant. The CBN has created the option of Form A for the F1 Visa holder. Opting for a return ticket is solely the choice of the customer.
The crux of the matter is if the student wants PTA, then for the Banks to ensure they obey CBN's rule, the student must present a return ticket.
Understand that the F1 Visa does not necessitate a return ticket, rather it is that if the student wants to get PTA, in order for the banks to obey CBN's regulations, the bank must ask the student to get a return ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cosxzbay: 1:34am On Jul 19, 2016
hi2chuxy:

Thanks for your concern, let me give u the transcript

Vo: good morning
me: good morning
vo: your pasport and i20
me: i gave him
vo: organizational communication in MSU,..... unipen has a better coursework in that field, why not unipen?
Me: MSU has one of the best course work in biz and mgt science. And MSU is affiliated to Arthur J.b college of business where our top executives go for certifications.
Vo: i am telling you that unipen has a better coursework in this particular course.
Me: i have testimonies from people i have worked with in recent time who are HR consultants with PHD in this course and from MSU and with my research, MSU stands out.

He typed for a while before the denial..

upon my findings, unipen offers organizational dynamics and not organizational communication.

pls advice moreso, can i reapply to establish my case becos the school resumes Aug 10th. (3 to 4weeks time)
How can you compare Upenn to MSU? I wish you knew and your best response would have been cost effectiveness and that MSU offers similar and best fit to your career plan. You lost it by insisting that MSU is better than the world rated business schoool. I think you should reapply and stay focus on cost effectiveness.good luck!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dramaka(m): 1:38am On Jul 19, 2016
Fortissimo:

How far? Did you eventually get PTA / BTA?

No Bro, I did not. To me, I don't think the savings is significant anymore, in getting PTA. Anyway, I think so because the cost of the extra return leg (we all know what an air ticket cost range is now) reduces the savings realized from the 365-284 margin, which is pegged at a max of $4000. Getting $4000 sef is a herculean task on its own.

However, according to my own knowledge, I may be wrong, where an airline is willing to refund the extra leg cost, or the customer is able to transfer the ticket (which for me, is totally unheard of for economy class ticket holders) to another person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cosxzbay: 1:42am On Jul 19, 2016
mevisbleek:

Good day,

I'm so sorry about the denial. It's clear that nothing is wrong with your response. I guess the VO graduated from unipen and wants everyone to attend unipen.

Anywayz, please reapply and you will be given a different vo that didn't attend unipen.

Good luck.
seriously! You think that was the reason the VO denied him?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 19, 2016
dramaka:

No Bro, I did not. To me, I don't think the savings is significant anymore, in getting PTA. Anyway, I think so because the cost of the extra return leg (we all know what an air ticket cost range is now) reduces the savings realized from the 365-284 margin, which is pegged at a max of $4000. Getting $4000 sef is a herculean task on its own.

However, according to my own knowledge, I may be wrong, where an airline is willing to refund the extra leg cost, or the customer is able to transfer the ticket (which for me, is totally unheard of for economy class ticket holders) to another person.

True. At this point, the cost savings is not so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 2:25am On Jul 19, 2016
gunther6:
texrem got to Casablanca from Lagos at 12:00pm he left for New York at 3:00pm according to him Air Maroc now plies the Lagos-Casablanca route with a 3yr old Boeing 737 and the flight was pretty decent. Spare a silent prayer for him that he passes through POE without scruples and the lord of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob makes the crooked way straight before him.
In other news Air Maroc is somewhat okay they no longer ply the Lagos - Casablanca leg with a 35 yr old plane, I will seek confirmation about the 2nd leg of the flight and post accordingly. Spare a prayer... Thanks
he also told me air Marco is nice,I mean when he was in Casablanca, I pray he will cross the port of entry safely
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dicapino: 3:15am On Jul 19, 2016
Texrem how's your trip going
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 3:21am On Jul 19, 2016
gunther6:
texrem got to Casablanca from Lagos at 12:00pm he left for New York at 3:00pm according to him Air Maroc now plies the Lagos-Casablanca route with a 3yr old Boeing 737 and the flight was pretty decent. Spare a silent prayer for him that he passes through POE without scruples and the lord of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob makes the crooked way straight before him.

In other news Air Maroc is somewhat okay they no longer ply the Lagos - Casablanca leg with a 35 yr old plane, I will seek confirmation about the 2nd leg of the flight and post accordingly. Spare a prayer... Thanks

Sorry the casablanca flight was 6:30am to 11:05am..

AT 200 Boeing 738-dreamliner 8 took off from casablanca to New York in 8hrs flight. Aircraft is a year old.

I landed safely..thanks bro

Make I chop pounded yam n vegetable

Mehn dem dupe me oooo for new York as I be jjc.

Stories in full
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 3:23am On Jul 19, 2016
AT 200
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 3:54am On Jul 19, 2016
Congrats to all who got visa

I love u all..#akward grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 3:58am On Jul 19, 2016
dicapino:
Texrem how's your trip going

Very fine...landed safely

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 4:00am On Jul 19, 2016
I'm here to quench the higi haga report that Royal Air Maroc makes gugugugugu noise of a thing...To me I enjoyed the flight...I don't know of other aircrafts but AT554 n AT200 are cool.. if u re following those two...u re good to go..

Transcript loading...

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 4:25am On Jul 19, 2016
gentledoj:
Hello house....

Can I go with my bag for my interview Tomorrow?
Guys pray for me ooo
I hope u'hv signed ur I-20 by nw shaaa grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by expertman(m): 4:33am On Jul 19, 2016
Dear Nl,

seems most university in USA now required tuition deposit before sending F120.

a friend just got admitted to UCO and tuition deposit was requested 3k dollars.

the problem is he was caught unaware thought all would be paid over there.

any one got F120 recently without tuition deposit it yes kindly state the university.

thanks and God bless as u help a friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 5:04am On Jul 19, 2016
warriboy21:
Congrats to all who got visa

I love u all..#akward grin
Drop something for them cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:07am On Jul 19, 2016
expertman:
Dear Nl,

seems most university in USA now required tuition deposit before sending F120.

a friend just got admitted to UCO and tuition deposit was requested 3k dollars.

the problem is he was caught unaware thought all would be paid over there.

any one got F120 recently without tuition deposit it yes kindly state the university.

thanks and God bless as u help a friend.

There are so many school that give i20 without a deposit. 3k na wa for that school..... what school by the way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:08am On Jul 19, 2016
texrem:

Sorry the casablanca flight was 6:30am to 11:05am..

AT 200 Boeing 738-dreamliner 8 took off from casablanca to New York in 8hrs flight. Aircraft is a year old.

I landed safely..thanks bro

Make I chop pounded yam n vegetable

Mehn dem dupe me oooo for new York as I be jjc.
Ma nigga make I hear gist na
Stories in full
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:10am On Jul 19, 2016
Fortissimo:

True. At this point, the cost savings is not so much.
its nil. Nada. Zilch. Ma oga abeg go buy from aboki. Another round from abi dis week. Oda gunther6 gbori wole.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:11am On Jul 19, 2016
OluDare01:

Drop something for them cheesy
he is just stingy Jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by expertman(m): 5:21am On Jul 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

There are so many school that give i20 without a deposit. 3k na wa for that school..... what school by the way

Na so I see am ooo.

the name is Uco university of central Oklahoma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:25am On Jul 19, 2016
Walspring:

If thunder strike the dollars, e don waste be that ooo grin grin grin grin
we go reconfigure am na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by expertman(m): 5:25am On Jul 19, 2016
uptimidst:
Please Help!! I'm kinda confused and scared. I just received my i-20 so i'm preparing for the interview (though i've not booked an appointment yet). I finnished high school in 2008, and i'm currently an undergraduate studying agric here, but i've decided to drop out (because e don dey turn long thing + yankee na beta offer) to study automotive technology in philadelphia. I'm confused because i dont know wether to make it known to the VO that i'm dropping out or not (if i'm asked about my current education status). My mind dey tell me say dem go ask dat qstn, and its freaking me out... Abeg sharp response. Thanks

I think is better u don't talk about your dropping out of school.

just tell them that u suffered some lost which leads to you starting ur admission process late.

pls what's the name of ur school and did u made any tuition payment before getting your f120?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by cseejhay: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2016
Bethlehem08:
My visa was approved on tuesday.I'm really very sorry for posting this late transcript. While i was celebrating the victory i broke my phone screen.I had to fix it first so i could be able to access nairaland as i didnt even remember my p/w.
The grace of the almighty God was at work in my life that fateful day. I have been following nairaland since february. I started reading from thread6 and when it was time to start my application,there was no need to start asking any questions as i have gained alot.

Fastforward to the day of my interview. I did all the necessary stuffs,biometrics and all. I was on the queue and i heard STEP FORWARD PLS. There was this particular VO that was on a denying streak that day. He didnt waste any time at all and was very quick to say sorry your visa has been denied.He denied the young girl before me even as her mum talked and talked to convince the VO. He beckoned and i stepped forward.

V.O Good Morning

Me Good afternoon sir

V.O Oh! that's true. Good afternoon

Congratulations oga boss, happy for you.better days ahead in Jesus Name.baba biko u got pm.edakun ekaa!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by purplesummer(f): 6:08am On Jul 19, 2016
expertman:

I think is better u don't talk about your dropping out of school.

just tell them that u suffered some lost which leads to you starting ur admission process late.

pls what's the name of ur school and did u made any tuition payment before getting your f120?
Dear expertman,
It is called I-20 (pronounced "eye-twenty"wink.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by CProf: 6:09am On Jul 19, 2016
Hello Good people
I am sorry for posting my transcript late, I have been having problems logging in.
Visa was approved on July 13 in Lagos.
Don't let me bore you with unnecessary story.
Interviewed by the lady in window7
VO- pass me your documents( types), which courses will you be taking?
Me- I will be taking courses in environmental. Chemistry, instrumental analysis, data management,statistical thermodynamics, organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry.
VO- How many schools did you apply to?
Me- 4, Tennessee tech, university of Tennessee Knoxville, Michigan Tech and university of Rhode island and they all offered me admission.
VO- why Tennessee tech?
Me- I chose this school because their strong point is in environmental remediation which aligns with my interest. I will have the opportunity to work at the interdisciplinary centre for utilization of waste where I will have hands on experience about waste management, treatment of wastewater for reuse, removal of pollutants from the environment, etc.
VO- I will be approving your visa bla bla bla

I think Tennessee tech has the lowest ranking among the schools I applied to but I was able to tell the vo why I chose it. Would have gone to UTK though but their faculties are not into what I really wanna do.

Thanks to everyone here for the tutelage, God bless.
Special thanks to SirRiddy, GboyegaD and Lagosismyhome.
I wanted to give up but here I am today.
Stay positive.
Cheers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by CProf: 6:14am On Jul 19, 2016
Texrem, can you recommend Royal Maroc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:15am On Jul 19, 2016
purplesummer:

Dear expertman,
It is called I-20 (pronounced "eye-twenty"wink.

You are welcome.
This got me grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:18am On Jul 19, 2016
Prof so you finally switched to my school undecided lipsrsealed
Make sense.
Congrats and looking forward to seeing you in Cookeville make we rock TN together grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Square65: 6:44am On Jul 19, 2016
hi2chuxy:

Thanks for your concern, let me give u the transcript

Vo: good morning
me: good morning
vo: your pasport and i20
me: i gave him
vo: organizational communication in MSU,..... unipen has a better coursework in that field, why not unipen?
Me: MSU has one of the best course work in biz and mgt science. And MSU is affiliated to Arthur J.b college of business where our top executives go for certifications.
Vo: i am telling you that unipen has a better coursework in this particular course.
Me: i have testimonies from people i have worked with in recent time who are HR consultants with PHD in this course and from MSU and with my research, MSU stands out.

He typed for a while before the denial..

upon my findings, unipen offers organizational dynamics and not organizational communication.

pls advice moreso, can i reapply to establish my case becos the school resumes Aug 10th. (3 to 4weeks time)

Here are some tips for future purposes:

1. UPenn is an Ivy League school.
- Known particularly for its college of business.
- Being aware of the top schools in your field shows your level of commitment to pursuing your graduate degree.

2. Interview seemingly broke down into an argument, without you realizing.
- In my ignorance, I would acknowledge and "agree" with the VO about UPenn before proceeding with why I applied to MSU.

3. Overall, I think the VO just "punished" you for not knowing about UPenn because he doubted your genuineness. Just like an engineering student is expected to at least have heard about MIT.

4. I would say give it one more shot. I think you were just unlucky with the line of questioning.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:46am On Jul 19, 2016
profx4real:

I hope u'hv signed ur I-20 by nw shaaa grin
Lool.
Samson free the guy na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.