Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (678608 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:

Fizzile no just waste your time all those things dey fictional when you reach bank they will give you caveat that it depends on availability I.e it is not guaranteed and trust me it won't . I could have paid #335 for a $ instead of paying #364 due to Stanbic delay/denial. If your surname is not Dantata/Buhari/Dangote/Alakija just forget.
Na waooooo. Wetin man go come do nA? What's the best way to these bullshyt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy:

Thanks for your concern, let me give u the transcript

Vo: good morning
me: good morning
vo: your pasport and i20
me: i gave him
vo: organizational communication in MSU,..... unipen has a better coursework in that field, why not unipen?
Me: MSU has one of the best course work in biz and mgt science. And MSU is affiliated to Arthur J.b college of business where our top executives go for certifications.
Vo: i am telling you that unipen has a better coursework in this particular course.
Me: i have testimonies from people i have worked with in recent time who are HR consultants with PHD in this course and from MSU and with my research, MSU stands out.

He typed for a while before the denial..

upon my findings, unipen offers organizational dynamics and not organizational communication.

pls advice moreso, can i reapply to establish my case becos the school resumes Aug 10th. (3 to 4weeks time)

Unipenn as in Uni pennsylvania
That one of the best uni in america and ivy league... how can you choose Msu over unipen.... nobody will buy your excuse .the only excuse u can say for not going to Uni pen is to say yes its a great school and one of the best but i did not get funding so i can not afford it hence i am going to Msu . That d only reason that can fly money. In terms of the other reasons u stated they have it in Uni Penn and more. Its a very top top school . Business executive go to Wharton anyday over MSU

Its like saying you got Havard and going for Murray State. .. then u state those reasons. Hope u understand what i am trying to say ..Uni Pen and Msu are not in the same boat .....

u raised my curiosity did u get into Uni Penn and choose Murray State shocked shocked ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by mevisbleek: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy:

vo: organizational communication in MSU,..... unipen has a better coursework in that field, why not unipen?
Me: MSU has one of the best course work in biz and mgt science. And MSU is affiliated to Arthur J.b college of business where our top executives go for certifications.
Vo: i am telling you that unipen has a better coursework in this particular course.
Me: i have testimonies from people i have worked with in recent time who are HR consultants with PHD in this course and from MSU and with my research, MSU stands out.

upon my findings, unipen offers organizational dynamics and not organizational communication.

pls advice moreso, can i reapply to establish my case becos the school resumes Aug 10th. (3 to 4weeks time)

Good day,

I'm so sorry about the denial. It's clear that nothing is wrong with your response. I guess the VO graduated from unipen and wants everyone to attend unipen.

Anywayz, please reapply and you will be given a different vo that didn't attend unipen.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

That one of the best uni in america and ivy league... how can you choose Msu over unipen.... nobody will buy your excuse .the only excuse u can say for not going to Uni pen is to say yes its a great school and one of the best but i did not get funding so i can not afford it hence i am going to Msu . That d only reason that can fly money. In terms of the other reasons u stated they have it in Uni Penn and more. Its a very top top school . Business executive go to Wharton anyday over MSU

Its like saying you got Havard and going for Murray State. .. then u state those reasons. Hope u understand what i am trying to say ..Uni Pen and Msu are not in the same boat .....

u raised my curiosity did u get into Uni Penn and choose Murray State shocked shocked ...
Guess he heard Uniben,as in University of Benin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
fizzile:
Guess he heard Uniben,as in University of Benin

Lol....Wharton business school UPenn is top 5 world wide not just in USA and well known.... The quality , recruitment and networks there are on point

There were so many jabs here about Yale verus Howard. This is even worse in terms of Business School quality hence i am sure the Vo said shocked

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hi2chuxy: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy:

LagosismyHome:

I dont know how to appreciate you all for your responses, i was downcast when i got the denial and it was on my birthday.

However, i will reapply to see if i can get a date before end of this month.

Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hi2chuxy: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy:

I dont know how to appreciate you all for your responses, i was downcast when i got the denial and it was on my birthday.

Thank you all.

But i still have to point this out, unipen does not offer the course as i stated earlier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy:

Thank you all.

for me the only advice i can give u is to use the financial aspects because even outside tuition living expenses will be higher in Pen than kenturky. So if it was me i would say Uni Pen great and i was excited about d admission , however the tuition cost for Uni Pen is 40k plus and MSu is 19k before living expenses . Hence even though Uni Pen is one of the best school i choose Murray because of cost...i was hoping to get some funding in Upenn but did not so i have to go based on affordability

in terms of the course mention the difference between dynamic and communication wont be that much to fly as a reason in my opinion.

Also did u say Upenn doesnt offer the course. ..but u just told the VO u applied to that school. So which is which . .....or did the VO just pick Upenn and ask u why u didnt apply there ? ?

Go and present yourself again but just be better prepared for the answer this time and prepare for others as well ...All the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

My own is how did the v.o know about ur application to upenn,you didn't state that
convo. And u didn't convince d v.o why you
Picked msu. Maybe u can share that with us. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
texrem got to Casablanca from Lagos at 12:00pm he left for New York at 3:00pm according to him Air Maroc now plies the Lagos-Casablanca route with a 3yr old Boeing 737 and the flight was pretty decent. Spare a silent prayer for him that he passes through POE without scruples and the lord of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob makes the crooked way straight before him.

In other news Air Maroc is somewhat okay they no longer ply the Lagos - Casablanca leg with a 35 yr old plane, I will seek confirmation about the 2nd leg of the flight and post accordingly. Spare a prayer... Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:
texrem got to Casablanca from Lagos at 12:00pm he left for New York at 3:00pm according to him Air Maroc now plies the Lagos-Casablanca route with a 3yr old Boeing 737 and the flight was pretty decent. Spare a silent prayer for him that he passes through POE without scruples and the lord of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob makes the crooked way straight before him.

In other news Air Maroc is somewhat okay they no longer ply the Lagos - Casablanca leg with a 35 yr old plane, I will seek confirmation about the 2nd leg of the flight and post accordingly. Spare a prayer... Thanks

Lol at silent prayer and crooked way ........ POE entry is really easy for most students and without incident. .. I dont see any cause for worry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:

Lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy:

Yes, you can but don't argue with a VO next time otherwise it will spell doom to your application once again.

Wishing you the best of luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2016
AshBammy:

My own is how did the v.o know about ur application to upenn,you didn't state that
convo. And u didn't convince d v.o why you
Picked msu. Maybe u can share that with us. smiley

The person must have mentioned to VO during the interview, like how many schools did you apply to and name them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:

Please, What time did texrem take off in Lagos - that made him to arrive Casablanca at 12pm?
Just wanna know the distance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
oluwafemikolade:

Please, What time did texrem take off in Lagos - that made him to arrive Casablanca at 12pm?

6am I guess
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
Na royal maroc go fit do am o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2016
oluwafemikolade:

You know you also have to factor in time difference. That's how I was on the phone with Delta Airlines asking them how/why a plane will leave Atlanta at 10:15am and arrive in Columbus 6mins later at 10:21am. Go figure! lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2016
hi2chuxy from what I can surmise, you actually didn't apply to UPenn. The VO just made a general statement that UPenn is a better school than MSU for your course and that why didn't you apply there. Just like me going for a law degree at Syracuse and the VO asking why not Harvard. Am I correct?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2016
Walspring:

The person must have mentioned to VO during the interview, like how many schools did you apply to and name them..
Yeah sure. Just that he didn't mention that part
All is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hardaams94(m): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
Please can someone bring me up to speed on how I can apply for an American student visa?,thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gentledoj(m): 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hello house....

Can I go with my bag for my interview Tomorrow?
Guys pray for me ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
hardaams94:
Please can someone bring me up to speed on how I can apply for an American student visa?,thanks

Read back through this section
and study the US visa site.
Do these things and you will learn much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Mekurexx: 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2016
Call me back, no vex. had a low battery so phone went off.switched sims & call log wipes. sorry bou the stress
gunther6:
I dey try that your 0909 number its not going thru, if you come here abeg answer your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2016
hardaams94:

Lol bro, really? You should try to read this thread from page 0. I started from Part 5 and read all through to part 9. Nobody will just spoon feed u here. Do your own little research and ask target questions. All the best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2016
gunther6:

hahaha. Lola he went b air maric? That boy likes wahal. He will now be begin air hostess for food.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aydebbie: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
dickoflife:
so u just dey use dear foreverybody. Kontinue
You will just be doing jealousy everywhere. Kontinu
tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
gentledoj:
Hello house....

Can I go with my bag for my interview Tomorrow?
Guys pray for me ooo

No bag bro, just your documents. Go get your visa too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sofadj(m): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
Anyone sent money through moneygram recently?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
@Bobority i wish you God's favour in your new environment. I wish @Texrem journey mercies.. We are waiting for your POE transcript.. Prayer up for you bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
AsiwajuAfo001:
My transcript....... (Thurs 14/07/16)

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning Ma'am
VO: Pass your documents
Me: Ok ( I passed it)
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: For my graduate studies
VO: Of what relevance is the graduate studies to your career?
Me: I am presently an assistant lecturer and to sustain myself on the job and also aim higher positions, there is a need for me to have my masters degree
VO: Have you ever traveled outside Nigeria before?
Me: No Ma'am, I have not traveled out before
VO: Ok (she types for about 1min and brings out the white paper)... Kindly pick up your passport........

It was just God o, I was denied in December, I deferred my admission, got another I 20 for free, was denied B1 visa in May and when I decided to give it the last trial, God did it.

*My friend who we were both denied last year December also got his a day before mine.

[/b]Winners never quit, quitters never win[b].

Thank you all.

August 12 on point, Ohio here I come.....

I am also going to Ohio.

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.