Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (678874 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 11:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
OluDare01:

I sent a transcript to ETSU in January via nipost registered mail for #400 and it took 7 working days to get to US
thanks Boss. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Walspring:

Lagos i guess

You must have mailed it out on Wednesday or early hours of Thursday morning if i am not wrong

Sometimes it took 7 days to get to New York and additional 3 to 7 days to final destination
I sent it on late of a Friday from Ib and it got to the US exactly after 7 days. I was shocked cos the school acknowledged the receipt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
Christian129:
thanks Boss. God bless you
Amen
Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Hycon(m): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Flosslive:
This university of Maine?
Michigan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
@SirRiddy I go show for your side tomorrow, how #dollarhunt ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hycon:

Michigan
You going to UMICH
Wooow great school.
Public ivy grin cheesy
All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hardeorlah: 11:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
what family and friends think when someone live in america

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
hardeorlah:

Lolz.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
hardeorlah:
Naso my uncle's wife dey talk say people for America dey send like 400k come house for tithe.
Say make I no disappoint
I laugh sotay I begin dey cough
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
OluDare01:

Naso my uncle's wife dey talk say people for America dey send like 400k come house for tithe.

you for ask which kind job the person dey do since the tithe is 400k

Although its possible maybe the tithe is for the whole year grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Walspring:

you for ask which kind job the person dey do since the tithe is 400k

Although its possible
Ah no bother ask seff
I already decoded the message
You sabi our people na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Hycon(m): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
femi321:
Thanks bro..hahahah..will be expecting your pm
Were you the guy in a green native?
Or a white shirt?

With this your transcript, I was in that room with you.

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Badt: 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
Walspring:

If denial voice is echoing in the VO head, nah badt thing ooo grin grin grin
hmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Walspring: 11:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
OluDare01:

Ah no bother ask seff
I already decoded the message
You sabi our people na

Yea..

Indirect talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 12:35am On Jul 20, 2016
@ methodjim, AsiwajuAfo001, CProf, Hycon and femi321,

Cheers!

@ femi321,

I will still find some time out of no time. But that your transcript na the most voluminous since this part started. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Abimmbolar: 1:22am On Jul 20, 2016
Hi guys!! Am totally a jjc on this platform and am totally wondering why it took me so long to find this! I must say, having read through some of the post, my hopes are up again.I have some questions guys and I will really be grateful if you can put me through cos this American dream no be today oooo. My situation is, am a female mechanical engineering graduate with cgpa of 3.92 on a 5.0 scale,am considering studying industrial engineering /engineering management. schools I have in mind through my random search includes University of Wisconsin University of Texas Austin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Ohio state University. I plan to take the gre by Nov as am looking at fall 2017 admission. But here is the big problem, I literally do not have a means of financing my graduate studies, literally my parent can't afford it except maybe the travel fees and few stuffs so, am solely relying on some form on graduate assistantship or tuition waiver if possible. My question is, is it possible to fund graduate studies in the USA without a huge sum of money at the start, I mean is it possible not to be required to pay tuition fees at the beginning. Also, for my financial statements,my closest option is an uncle with a different surname to mine and also an uncle business financial statement. Does it matter, that I don't intend to use a close relative financial statements for this? Do I have a chance as regards my finances? Also, what minimum amount can guarantee me a safe travel . I would be glad if someone answers my questions... please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:32am On Jul 20, 2016
Abimmbolar:
Hi guys!! Am totally a jjc on this platform and am totally wondering why it took me so long to find this! I must say, having read through some of the post, my hopes are up again.I have some questions guys and I will really be grateful if you can put me through cos this American dream no be today oooo. My situation is, am a female mechanical engineering graduate with cgpa of 3.92 on a 5.0 scale,am considering studying industrial engineering /engineering management. schools I have in mind through my random search includes University of Texas Austin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Ohio state University. I plan to take the gre by Nov as am looking at fall 2017 admission. But here is the big problem, I literally do not have a means of financing my graduate studies, literally my parent can't afford it except maybe the travel fees and few stuffs so, am solely relying on some form on graduate assistantship or tuition waiver if possible. My question is, is it possible to fund graduate studies in the USA without a huge sum of money at the start, I mean is it possible not to be required to pay tuition fees at the beginning. Also, for my financial statements,my closest option is an uncle with a different surname to mine and also an uncle business financial statement. Does it matter, that I don't intend to use a close relative financial statements for this? Do I have a chance as regards my finances? Also, what minimum amount can guarantee me a safe travel . I would be glad if someone answers my questions... please

All i can say is study extremely hard for the Gre and try to get a very good score. Then next the schools u have here are competitive schools. Mix it up with less competitive schools that have GA opportunities for engineering..that way u have a good cover. Since you say you have no means of finance . With a full GA you can get to pay no tuition free and be paid a monthly stipend in exchange for research or teaching so really you get to do a masters for free

What those schools are for less competitive Ga ?? , hopefully other Nl can help u or go up to the search button put VO engineering Ga or play around with key words . Maybe some previous transcripts will come up with people with Ga in engineering and u can see their schools

All the best ..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 20, 2016
gentledoj:

What next? Way forward?
First and foremost, read a lot of transcripts here so as to learn how to respond to questions.

Second, defer your admission and try to get another job and talk intelligently why you resign in your previous job if the question arises.

And pray for luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Square65: 2:30am On Jul 20, 2016
hi2chuxy:

Thank you so much for your advice, it will definitely be noted.

Pls what do you advice if am ask on the reason for denial while filling my d160 and the interview.

Not a critical question, but since you are at most times not told the exact reason for your denial, I usually tell people to just restate/paraphrase what was written on that white paper (section 214b).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Square65: 2:58am On Jul 20, 2016
imperiouxx:

Hi Dr. Square65, can you enlighten some people here about West Virginia? A very confused guy once came here and was worried about the state or even if any Nigerians school there. Thanks.

Hey Imperiouxx! Kudos to you for keeping tab with this group. God bless you real good!

Do you remember his username/handle?

To whom it may concern, if you have been admitted, have applied or considering to apply to WVU or TAMUK, I am willing to answer any questions you may have.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Square65: 3:34am On Jul 20, 2016
Abimmbolar:
Hi guys!! Am totally a jjc on this platform and am totally wondering why it took me so long to find this! I must say, having read through some of the post, my hopes are up again.I have some questions guys and I will really be grateful if you can put me through cos this American dream no be today oooo. My situation is, am a female mechanical engineering graduate with cgpa of 3.92 on a 5.0 scale,am considering studying industrial engineering /engineering management. schools I have in mind through my random search includes University of Wisconsin University of Texas Austin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Ohio state University. I plan to take the gre by Nov as am looking at fall 2017 admission. But here is the big problem, I literally do not have a means of financing my graduate studies, literally my parent can't afford it except maybe the travel fees and few stuffs so, am solely relying on some form on graduate assistantship or tuition waiver if possible. My question is, is it possible to fund graduate studies in the USA without a huge sum of money at the start, I mean is it possible not to be required to pay tuition fees at the beginning. Also, for my financial statements,my closest option is an uncle with a different surname to mine and also an uncle business financial statement. Does it matter, that I don't intend to use a close relative financial statements for this? Do I have a chance as regards my finances? Also, what minimum amount can guarantee me a safe travel . I would be glad if someone answers my questions... please

Your list of potential schools are very good schools (especially those in bold), hence they are also competitive. Like someone already advised include some less competitive schools (which have funding) in your list.

You have a decent CGPA and (I might be wrong) I have a feeling you being a female engineer should favor you because of "diversity". Moreover, try and get a good score on your GRE score. I do not see TOEFL as a problem for you too.

Funding. Yes, this is critical for you as it is for more than 95 % of applicants - both local and international. So, it's a big deal. However, with good credentials you can secure a competitive Graduate Assistantship (Teaching or Research Assistantship). It is indeed possible to get here with limited finances and even do a little more than just surviving, if you have good funding.

Although it's good that you are thinking ahead of issues like financial statements at this time, I would not worry so much about that now. Concentrate on getting a good admission offer and it may just turn out that very little would be required of you financially, in a best case scenario.

Go ahead, pursue your dream!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:41am On Jul 20, 2016
OluDare01:

Say make I no disappoint
be like sY she wan use your destiny chop fufu. 400k bros na carpenter work you wan go do for Amelika?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:42am On Jul 20, 2016
gunther6:
Texrem don ex, up next is cutemorgan and dickoflife... Its gonna be lit. @Mekurexx I will call soon o
aja1 gbera. Aja 2 gbera........ Loading. Omo i need to chop ibo food.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:45am On Jul 20, 2016
Fortissimo:

Hope say your waka don set. No go fight for mmia o.
no fight sir. All am saying is i wee not give dem one naira. Anyway na only alomo and agunmu opa eyin i get as exibit. Iya won.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by penroll55(m): 4:23am On Jul 20, 2016
jeniver64:
FIU requires you to pay a 200 dollar deposit before they ship your i20, I know cos I applied to their school.
Well maybe now but when I applied I wasn't asked to pay anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 20, 2016
imperiouxx:
@ methodjim, AsiwajuAfo001, CProf, Hycon and femi321,

Cheers!

@ femi321,

I will still find some time out of no time. But that your transcript na the most voluminous since this part started. cheesy
thats commendable...pardon me for the voluminousisty.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 20, 2016
Hycon:

Were you the guy in a green native?
Or a white shirt?

With this your transcript, I was in that room with you.

Congrats
White shirt with blue strips, was wearing a glasses..interviewed by second VO..a man..saw the guy with native..i think he was interviewed by the 3rd VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 20, 2016
OluDare01:
femi321
I can boldly say that your head is very valid grin grin
Congrats and enjoy NC
thank you brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2016
OluDare01:

I sent a transcript to ETSU in January via nipost registered mail for #400 and it took 7 working days to get to US
different strokes...I sent 4 to different locations last year Nov, 2 got delivered in 3 weeks and 2 didnts..unless they deliver it tomorrow, I tracked them..it got stuck in ISC sorting facility in Newyork..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ksabid(m): 5:45am On Jul 20, 2016
@femi321 I'm the dude who was grilled for 8 minutes by the VO in cubicle 5.

Good job getting into UNC. Charlotte is quite a nice town. Lots of hot chicks. Tar Heels bball is the best. You also have Duke down the road. I was almost sold when I visited the campus, but I had to decline my fully funde MBA admit to the UNC business school in favour of that of U of Michigan.

Good luck to everyone.

femi321:
The first VO that came drilled one man for like 8mins, the VO left to verify something and still came back to drill him more..but the man no shake o..Luckily he got his Visa Approved. At this point I didn’t want the VO that drilled the man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OjaP: 6:11am On Jul 20, 2016
Abimmbolar--

I would suggest that you stick to Industrial Engineering and other concentrations therein with the exception of Engineering Management if looking for funds. In the USA, Engineering Management is usually designed for working professionals and not many schools offer it. So, engineering management students are the cash cows because they are usually designed for the working classes. Engineering Management is a form of MBA for technical people so only few schools fund graduate students.

Some good Engineering Management schools are:

George Washington - no funding
UT Knoxville - no funding at all.
Texas Tech - may fund if your research interest is in systems engineering
Stanford: they offer it as management sciences - funding is most likely

There are other schools but I will leave these four here and let you do some more research.

Good luck !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 6:17am On Jul 20, 2016
ksabid:
@femi321 I'm the dude who was grilled for 8 minutes by the VO in cubicle 5.

Good job getting into UNC. Charlotte is quite a nice town. Lots of hot chicks. Tar Heels bball is the best. You also have Duke down the road. I was almost sold when I visited the campus, but I had to decline my fully funde MBA admit to the UNC business school in favour of that of U of Michigan.

Good luck to everyone.
sold ke? So oyinbo people to dey kidnapp. Bros i thank God for your life o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.