Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679184 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by YoungPablo91(m): 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
As I stepped forward to meet him, he picks a candy, and starts to lick it.
VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning sir
VO: tell me about your study plans?
Me: I intend to start my program immediately I reach campus... My Fall courses are basically about research... (he then interrupts me).
VO: what are the requirements for this program?
Me: I was now telling him about writing an English proficiency test... He then interrupted me again, and repeated the question. "What are the requirements to complete this program? That was when I now named the courses I'll be offering and the no of units. He keeps typing...
VO: how did you get to know this school?
Me: got to know about it through the "education section" of the professional association of physical therapists in the U.S. - American Physical Therapy Association website.
VO: who's sponsoring you?
Me: my mom
VO: what does she do?
Me: told him
NB: no document was asked. Interview was lasted for app. 1-minute.

Then the good news: "I'll be approving your visa. Pick it up at the location circled on this form"

That "going deaf" part Na true ooo.. I no even hear wetin the guy dy talk again. I just waka comot jejely

Big thanks to God, because he always answer my prayer every time I call on him. And also thanks to everyone contributing to this forum. I really appreciate!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
hi2chuxy:

@Lagosismyhome...Thanks a lot you have been helpful in your responses....... Is there any need to make it known to them that Unipen does not offer my course? if it will aid my chances.

As mentioned, UPenn has a world renowned communications program. If you are telling the VO that you chose Murray State because it is top ranked, when it is not, then you are asking for trouble. This is especially the case if you can't say anything credible about programs that actually are top-ranked.

Take the time to think about why you selected that particular school out of all of the schools available to you...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
femi321:
thats commendable...pardon me for the voluminousisty.

It's nice. Enjoy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bkooksie: 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hi guys, My USA student visa interview was very brief. I can say it was just God's grace and favor that help me. My interview was for 6:30am, i go there pretty early, and after my bio-metrics,i was number 7 on the queue . I was the 3rd person to be interviewed by my VO and here goes my transcript.
VO: Good morning
Me: Morning
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the US to study Masters in Public Health at East Tennessee State University
VO: Why East Tennessee State University
ME: I chose the school because the school of public health in ETSU is one of the top leading schools in the US, it offers courses that perfectly my match my area of interest which health care administration. Moreover, i made my research about the school faculty and discovered that one of the professors in the school has published lots of works in international journal and his current work is line with what i intend to when i get back to Nigeria.
VO: ok, can you mention the courses that will be offered
ME: Health care admin, Epidemiology,Philosophy of public health, bio statics .. VO cuts me shot
VO: Please have this paper and collect your visa at this location.....
ME: Thank you

I am so happy, and i would say nairaland helped me while i was preparing for the interview.Thank you to everyone who takes out time to share comment, i encourage newcomers to endeavour to read through these comments to have an idea of the USA interview, also trust God. Believe he is your father and he will not fail you. I did that and it worked for me. VO did not check any of my document, not even statement or my GRE or Toefl scores
Have a blessed day people and know that Jesus is coming soon

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
methodjim:

my broda i needed to spell everything out as e b so that everybody go benefit. didnt want to keep anything

It's fine. I like it as it is.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
teejaf:
. @imperiouxx, hope u r cool. I sent u a pm. Thanks as u respond.

I will check when at home later today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosNIV:

As mentioned, UPenn has a world renowned communications program. If you are telling the VO that you chose Murray State because it is top ranked, when it is not, then you are asking for trouble. This is especially the case if you can't say anything credible about programs that actually are top-ranked.

Take the time to think about why you selected that particular school out of all of the schools available to you...

cc hi2chuxy , there you go .......All you need is right here regarding probably how it went wrong
Not acknowledging or saying anything credible about UPenn
Instead saying Murray is top ranked and better
Most people dont get the chance of a feedback from VO,
Your feedback here so just work on it , and you hopefully you should be fine
Best of Luck .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by hi2chuxy: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No please , that might be your perspection which might be true however u dont know the voices in the VO head or what he put down if any. ... Best to stick with what was written so that at least you quoting them back and not perspection . Also you dont want to come across as argumentative. Dont draw unnecessary attention

It really wasnt a misconception. He told u of a much better school UPenn which u should have acknowledged (which will show that you have researched and know the best in that field ) that yes it might be higher quality but i applied to xx for yy reasons (obviously reasons not centered around quality in this case but other factors) . Instead you argued insisted how Murray state is better ......when it is really miles below apart

I would recommend just keep it simple by stating the 214b. Most likely u get another Vo and another set of questions .

@LagosismyHome,,@LagosNIV.............You guys are wonderful..every point is noted, thank you so so much......i will definitely work on them......by the Grace of God, i am scaling through this time..THANKS GUYS.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Taiwotasungo: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
warriboy21:
Congrats to all who got visa

I love u all..#akward grin

Hello bro please i sent you a pm, kindly reply me, i am having issues making payment, i am sure you can help me..... thanks @warriboy21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by penroll55(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
expertman:

hello Oga abet share that easy one with me pls I take God beg u o
Check my previous post you will see I have mention it before but they don't give GA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
Good day everyone, please what does last 60 credits hours translate to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
Good day everyone, please what does last 60 credits hours translate to?
cc:imperiouxx, sirRiddy, lagosismyhome, Gunther6, Walspring.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
Good day everyone, please what does last 60 credits hours translate to?

cc:imperiouxx, sirRiddy, lagosismyhome, Gunther6, Walspring.

It depends in what content , i have limited idea ......lol but Google does

In general, a student must complete 120 semester hours to receive a Bachelor's degree. Because of this requirement, 60 semester hours usually mean that the student is halfway through a degree program so 60 last credit is your last two final years for First degree (year 3 and 4) , and first 60 credit is year 1 and 2 or Community College credit .

So your last 60 credit can be used to calculate your Junior (year 3) /Senior (year 4) Average .

Does that help if not , reframe your question regarding what you need the calculation for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by oluwafemikolade(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
riskyjay777:
Hello peepz... Pls am new to dis forum. I wld be glad if u can give a positive answer to my question. I applied for MSc in Public Admin for spring semester 2017. Am always bother abt the question the VO usually ask, 'Why do u want to study Public Admin'?.... Pls I wld be grateful if someone can give me a positive answer to the question. Thanks.
I do not think you actually wish or have passion for the chosen program. Normally, you should know the reason for chosen a particular program and how it will help you in your professional career.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by motifoluwasolami: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

It depends in what content , i have limited idea ......lol but Google does

In general, a student must complete 120 semester hours to receive a Bachelor's degree. Because of this requirement, 60 semester hours usually mean that the student is halfway through a degree program so 60 last credit is your last two final years for First degree (year 3 and 4) , and first 60 credit is year 1 and 2 or Community College credit .

So your last 60 credit can be used to calculate your Junior (year 3) /Senior (year 4) Average

Does that help if not , reframe your question regarding what you need the calculation for

I think i phrase my question wrongly, i mean what will it translate to on the Nigerian credit hour. I completed 186 credit hour for my undergraduate degree, that means half of it excluding internship will be my last 60 hours right
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
motifoluwasolami:

I think i phrase my question wrongly, i mean what will it translate to on the Nigerian credit hour. I completed 186 credit hour for my undergraduate degree, that means half of it excluding internship will be my last 60 hours right

I would say half way is year 3 and year 4 ......If u need it to calculate your GPA then they mean your grades for year 3 and 4...Internship i am not sure of including or excluding

I am not an expert so make i leave am for the guru here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
I feel so happy for people as i read their success stories but very unhappy with myself as i remember my denial twice this year....
First on the 3rd of may and 17th may 2016.

3rd of may.
It was a good looking day for me in the morning, though, i slept in my office because it was closer to the the embassy and i was scheduled for 6;30am appointment.

Got checked in with full boldness in me as i waited for my turn to be interviewed. I was called by the first guy, a short looking guy with frowning face.

Me: Good morning
vo: he didnt ans

vo: pass me your document
me: passed my passport and i20

vo: have u travelled before?
me:no

vo: how many schools did u apply aside florida inter uni
me :3 schools

vo: name them
me: rice uni, tsu and eastern ilinous uni

vo: so y fiu
me: shuttering.... research publicationnnnn! I chose fiu after doing search on the internet, i came across a publication by Prof Evelyn, shutteringggggg on clinical syndrome malnutrition and bla bla on vulnerable people in d society bla bla...

vo: did u do any test
me: yes, i did toefl

vo: what year did u finish your first degree
me:2011

vo: what have u been doing since then?
me: did one compulsory nysc service in zamfara state, (NOW HE WAS STARRING AT ME LIKE SHIT) after which i went to (shutterringgg big time) bla blabla

vo: what you saying doesnt correspond with your ds form, he passed my passport, i20 and a blue sheet.
me: i was amazed! cos i filled d ds form myself!

i went out so ashamed of myself.... i leaned on an officer's table to read what was in the blue paper wen she said: the letter is yours, pls go with it and leave my table.

2nd denial interview .................. that one worst!!!!!!!! God!
I sharply went to get moni to pay for the 2nd interview dated 17th may because i tot i was very close to getting the visa. I went more spiritual this time.
damh! it was worst than the former!

my luck carried me again to the 1st guy that interviwed me the previous time, i tried to run from him but the officer incharge shouted: Mr Man! please go to the vo. Chai! i told meself, mehn, i don enter am today!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
vo: pass my your document
me: i did

vo: typed... and he said i interviewed you the last time?
me: sharply i said YES!

vo: Pls you will need to go else to someone else to interview ok?
me: ok.

vo: he called the guy incharge and told him to take me someone else because he denied me previously.
me: i was like: ope ohhhhhh, not knowing i was going from pot to fire. i was taken to d last lady, she b like iron lady.

me: good mornoing
vo: good morning

me: i did

vo: what is dietetics?
me: the ans jst fly comot my head(guess i wasnt prepared for it.) but i managed to ans the question with BIG SHUTTERINGGGGGGG..... emmmm dietetics is the study of bla bla bla......

vo: why fiu?
me: said the same tin i told the 1st guy but now i don lost my stamina.... everytin for my brain don fly comotttt dam! it was worst!

vo: what is this prof's arguement about this research

me: omo... i don die!!!!!!! i sha talk rubbish because ive never even heard this question before for nairaland

vo: she passed me passport, and blue paper again.... and said sorry u are not eligible for visa

me: i felt bad! and walked away in shame again......

so painful.... but it is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
olenime:
I feel so happy for people as i read their success stories but very unhappy with myself as i remember my denial twice this year....
First on the 3rd of may and 17th may 2016.

3rd of may.
It was a good looking day for me in the morning, though, i slept in my office because it was closer to the the embassy and i was scheduled for 6;30am appointment.

Got checked in with full boldness in me as i waited for my turn to be interviewed. I was called by the first guy, a short looking guy with frowning face.

Me: Good morning
vo: he didnt ans

me: passed my passport and i20

vo: have u travelled before?
me:no

vo: how many schools did u apply aside florida inter uni
me :3 schools

vo: name them
me: rice uni, tsu and eastern ilinous uni

vo: so y fiu
me: shuttering.... research publicationnnnn! I chose fiu after doing search on the internet, i came across a publication by Prof Evelyn, shutteringggggg on clinical syndrome malnutrition and bla bla on vulnerable people in d society bla bla...

vo: did u do any test
me: yes, i did toefl

vo: what year did u finish your first degree
me:2011

vo: what have u been doing since then?
me: did one compulsory nysc service in zamfara state, (NOW HE WAS STARRING AT ME LIKE SHIT) after which i went to (shutterringgg big time) bla blabla

vo: what you saying doesnt correspond with your ds form, he passed my passport, i20 and a blue sheet.
me: i was amazed! cos i filled d ds form myself!

i went out so ashamed of myself.... i leaned on an officer's table to read what was in the blue paper wen she said: the letter is yours, pls go with it and leave my table.

2nd denial interview .................. that one worst!!!!!!!! God!
I sharply went to get moni to pay for the 2nd interview dated 17th may because i tot i was very close to getting the visa. I went more spiritual this time.
damh! it was worst than the former!

my luck carried me again to the 1st guy that interviwed me the previous time, i tried to run from him but the officer incharge shouted: Mr Man! please go to the vo. Chai! i told meself, mehn, i don enter am today!

it is obvious you didnt fill the first form yourself, you should have gotten in contact with a member of this thread to educate you. it bears fully on me the weight of your actions which translates to damage of credibility. wait till the next admission window and get things right. goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
dickoflife:
it is obvious you didnt fill the first form yourself, you should have gotten in contact with a member of this thread to educate you. it bears fully on me the weight of your actions which translates to damage of credibility. wait till the next admission window and get things right. goodluck.

But he said he did .... i am interested to know if you Olenime really did or not

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

But he said he did .... i am interested to know if you Olenime really did or not
I DID. I filled it all myself. I called some members here, walspring is my witness. I filled it myself correctly!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
olenime:

I DID. I filled it all myself. I called some members here, walspring is my witness. I filled it myself correctly!

Since you say you did who can say otherwise. i guess its to pray against the voices in someone else or a VO head . Until it happens to you u never know or defend either way on who lying

Thanks for sharing your story . It is well with you . Nobody destiny is tied to one place or to america , its either you try again or focus on other stuff. No VO can close door to anyone destiny.

Its God who opens the door however it is when he feel its right . .... Stay well

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
olenime:

So are you accusing the visa officer of changing the information?
Or do you believe witches used magic to change it?

If you wrote the paper why can you not remember what was on it?
That is a sign that un-truth was written there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by qat: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
motifoluwasolami:

A 2-Unit course means there will be 2 hours of lectures per week per semester

A 3-Unit course means there will be 3 hours of lectures per week per semester

..and so on. Got it?

The last 60 hours is obtained by retrogressively adding all course units from final year till whatever session/year a sum total of 60 is obtained. All courses that are undertaken in this 'sum period' count, whether I.T. Units, 3rd, 4th or even 2nd year.

Hence, if a sum total of 60 is obtained in your second year, it is very much valid.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
worry359:

Oga, Park well, wat will your believing my story do for me? I wrote my story not to accuse vo or anyone, so wats urs? Abeg hold ur peace!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Since you say you did who can say otherwise. i guess its to pray against the voices in someone else or a VO head . Until it happens to you u never know or defend either way on who lying

Thanks for sharing your story . It is well with you . Nobody destiny is tied to one place or to america , its either you try again or focus on other stuff. No VO can close door to anyone destiny.

Its God who opens the door however it is when he feel its right . .... Stay well
Thanks for the kind words.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by lionlee216(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
Olenime, this ur interview funny ooo, I swear. pls calm down, when next you are filling your ds 160, beforr you submit, kindly go tru it again before final submission. believe me, I know how you feel. I have been there before. of possible, defer admission and work on your answers. know more about the school, course, research going on at the department etc

I wish you the best and God's favour in your third interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
worry359:

None of us were there.... but

Ultimately a VO is human like me and you and sometimes we all make mistake so even a VO is not above that .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
lionlee216:
Olenime, this ur interview funny ooo, I swear. pls calm down, when next you are filling your ds 160, beforr you submit, kindly go tru it again before final submission. believe me, I know how you feel. I have been there before. of possible, defer admission and work on your answers. know more about the school, course, research going on at the department etc

Thanks boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
lionlee216:

Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by olenime(m): 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
O
LagosismyHome:

None of us were there.... but

Ultimately a VO is human like me and you and sometimes we all make mistake so even a VO is not above that .
Don't mind that guy taking vo has his God of perfection.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.