Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680690 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rheenah:
Evening guys.
Plz I need someone to help me on my itinerary.
So confusing. Finding it a bit difficult to grab some stuffs. Anyway if you can help out biko quote me. Awu send a pm. Ndewonu
Babe kiss
Let's meet on the otherside jooor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
worry359:

I would not give one Kobo for your 50c!
And did I beg for it
After all I'm not one of your beggars.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
Holla! grin

CBNL2014:
Anyone flying Emirate from Lagos on August 11 should pls holla. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by segunthebook: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
1st Interview in 2015:

VO: Why Murray State University

I answered her question

VO: Asked me if I have done GRE (Am going for Msc (Mass Communication) but I graduated as an Engineer in 2007 and has worked in the Media ever since.

Told her it was not part of the requirement for the course. She gave me rejection letter.

2nd Interview (July 1)

I answered

VO: She asked why I was going for Mass Communication and not Journalism

Told her Mass Comm has a wider scope as Journalism is limited to news

VO: Am sorry you're not qualified....gave me the rejection letter. My GRE score was not even checked.

1st Interview was in Abuja while the 2nd Interview was in Lagos

worry359:

When you were rejected what reason was given?
Was it something like 214b or finances, or something else?
Then we can advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Is anyone really rejected due to lack of finance. ...i have observed that the Vo dont check bank statement . I am guessing that they rely on the school to do that check before the i20 is released so for you to get to the stage of the inteview then u have an i20 hence fulfilled the Finance element

How they reject is best known to them but for student visa i wont say lack of finance especially since u have an i20 .they don't even check finances for majorities of applicants. No document checked

I would like to know how someone gets rejected based on finance. ..any ideas anyone ?

I think there is no set template for this interviews, it is entirely possible to get denied on the basis of finances
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by worry359(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
segunthebook:

Nothing stands out there as a mistake.

Were your finances sound?
Did you have good ties to return home?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by justwise(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
gunther6:

Mòron !!! How do you demonstrate your intention NOT to migrate? By demonstrating home ties. I've seen turnips with better wit than you. Like I said his 'advice' are better ignored.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/denials.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Urbanboy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
Does anyone know which of the banks out there still do Personal Travel Allowance PTA transactions? Info please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
segunthebook:
1st Interview in 2015:

I answered her question

VO: Asked me if I have done GRE (Am going for Msc (Mass Communication) but I graduated as an Engineer in 2007 and has worked in the Media ever since.

Told her it was not part of the requirement for the course. She gave me rejection letter.

2nd Interview (July 1)

I answered

VO: Am sorry you're not qualified....gave me the rejection letter. My GRE score was not even checked.

The first reason is quite obvious if your transcript is anything to go by; GRE . I think the answer to your question 'why mass communication and not journalism' is false. Imagine the VO studied journalism and you give answers like 'journalism is just news' . work on your responses. Basic definitions in your proposed field should be an ideal starting point
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please can someone share me undergraduate interview transcript link only,want to share my friend to start reading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
Urbanboy:
Does anyone know which of the banks out there still do Personal Travel Allowance PTA transactions? Info please.
That one na long thing o except if you get godfather
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
brightify:
Please can someone share me undergraduate interview transcript link only,want to share my friend to start reading
There's nothing like that.
The file has both transcripts for UG and graduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Urbanboy:

Bros don't waste your time, trust me. You will apply for months after meeting all sorts of ridiculous requirements you'll still come up empty handed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
segunthebook in addition to this
gunther6:

The first reason is quite obvious if your transcript is anything to go by; GRE . I think the answer to your question 'why mass communication and not journalism' is false. Imagine the VO studied journalism and you give answers like 'journalism is just news' . work on your responses. Basic definitions in your proposed field should be an ideal starting point

See you own that interview, feel free to express yourself. What if you didn't convince the VO why you're going to Murray
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by brightify: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
OluDare01:

There's nothing like that.
The file has both transcripts for UG and graduate
OK thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
brightify:
OK thanks
Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
segunthebook:
1st Interview in 2015:

I answered her question

2nd Interview (July 1)

I answered

Hi Segun,

In addition to the responses given by Gunter and Oludarey, I will like to add that your responses may be too abrupt.

Why MC and not journalism is the same as 1. Why MC? 2. Why not journalism?

Now you have been given the opportunity to play some stunts around your passion and it's your own duty to make sense of it. Simply discuss the reason why you choose MC inlieu of journalism. NB: Journalism is not just about news and that means you must be well grounded in the Discipline and it's neighbors.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gentleamos: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
I am going from Lagos bro and you[quote author=malory84 post=47820571][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:
I am going from Lagos bro and you

You mean this month?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
segunthebook:
1st Interview in 2015:

I answered her question

2nd Interview (July 1)

I answered

Like someone said you should have started by giving distinct definition of the two as well as aligning your passion with strong points on mass comm.

Meanwhile IMO I think the VO should have given you more time by asking some questions..
Since GRE is not an issue anymore and it might not be finance, cos they would have asked you for your statement of Account.. Moving from Engineering to mass comm looks a bit suspicious. I just feel the VO couldn't understand why a person will make such transition..

Wish you success in your next try!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ThreadsAdeleke: 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
thats nice

wil to know more about it or if u can share detailed information

kenniez26:
Kenniez is my name
Profile-civil and environmental engineering university of Lagos. IELTS of 6, preparing for GRE I also have a certificate of English as a medium from the University of Lagos certified that my Bachelor of science was conducted in English language.
I applied to southern Illinois university edwardville with 30 dollars for MSc Civil engineering. The application was for spring semester. I applied without GRE and without TOEFL or IELTS but I submitted my English as a medium. Also I submitted my financial statement. All documents I submitted was unofficial meaning I emailed all the documents to the graduate studies email address and reduce my expenses to the nearest minimum because I do not send those documents via Dhl or FedEx at the point of applications.
I got my I-20 sent to me via Dhl for free.the process was so fast. I decided to share this because it might be of help to prospective students in Civil engineering interested in southern Illinois university edwardville.
As elders in this forum have always said GRE is important most especially it might Forster the chance of someone during visa interview.it is bêtter it is being done. Also there are graduate assistantship in the University and in the department that require GRE results.
I hope this help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
segunthebook:

This was not a bright response at all..... when does your school resume
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
kinger2:

I filed in as married and may be she didn't see that.

I see.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Profile:
GPA: 3.61/4.00
GRE: 291.
School: Kean Uni, NJ
Course: Computer Information Systems (Ms)
So, I woke up by 3am, prayed to God and started preparing for my interview at 9:30. My dad was going towards Lekki so he dropped me @ the embassy, saw those sharp embassy guys @ the entrance, trying to break the windscreen in other to get me to snap passport or staple my passport on my docs. I totally ignored the guys like plague and chilled till it was time to call the 9:30 appointment time crew. Along the line, I was sent back to go drop my flashdrive, which I didn't know was on me. Went back and threw the flash somewhere and rejoined the queue. Got in, passed all the screening exercise and was on interview queue. Actually, I wasn't praying for any window, but the VO in window 9 was just sharing blue paper like gifts. I kept my chill. Finally, I heard next and went straight to window 4. The following conversations occured.

VO: hello gud morning
Me: good morning ma (I tried to smile but my cheeks didn't allow me, maybe I was scared or something)
Vo: pass me your ds160, passport, i20 and sevis, (passed all). *kept calm*
Vo: why are you going to the US?
Me: to have my masters degree in Computer Information systems at kean uni, NJ
Vo: why kean?
Me: kean is one of the best public schools in the US, they have gud research facilities and also I got a GA position where I will be working with Prof. James Collins on his research on cyber security
Vo: how did you find out about the school?
Me: I made my research based on cybersecurity, using google, usnesw.com and gradcafe.com
Vo: who is paying for this?
Me: I got a GA position and my aunt will be paying the rest.
(na so another round of drilling started)
Vo: did you write any standardized exams?
Me: yes, I wrote GRE, had 151quant, 140verbal and 3'.5 anw (vo stops typing and was just looking at me, I tried to smile again, but my cheeks just stand still)
Vo: why did you think you got the GA?
Me: I guess the school was impressed with the quality of application materials I submitted. The minimum requirement for GA position is GPA 3.25 while I had 3.61.
Vo: what did you have in your bsc?
Me: Computer science
Vo: when did you graduate?
Me: 2013
Vo: what have u been ddoing?
Me: I work with The Bells secondary school as a system administrator, my duties are update of schools website, maintenance of computers and management of students exam results using edalaf software
Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3, kean uni, uni of akron, ohio and university of ibadan nigeria.
Vo: why kean? (again? But I don answer dis question before na? I sha talk something again)
Me: because I will be working on a research topic with Professor James Collins and I was also offered a GA
(She was typing and typing and typing for some minutes, I just dey pray for my mind) next thing I heard was "I will be approving your visa". I just went deaf. I didn't hear anything again. I walked out of the hall majestically.

Special thanks to Lagosismyhome( your the real MVP mam, God bless you, I will make sure my kids appreciate you too, stay blessed) , Walspring, imperiouxx, texrem, Oludare1, dickoflife, Ashbammy(my NJ partner), slimmy2005( even with all d abuse wey u abuse me, I still love you), femi234, gunther6 et Al. God bless you all. Amen.
NB: those yet to go for interview, I wish you the best, pray, be confident and get yourself informed. You shall get it. Blessings Fam!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gentleamos: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
zt:

You mean this month?
No am leaving second week of August and you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by profx4real(m): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:
I am going from Lagos bro and you
She's a married lady with kid (not bro), n I think she's going from abj
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gentleamos: 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
masquellett:
Profile:
So, I woke up by 3am, prayed to God and started preparing for my interview at 9:30. My dad was going towards Lekki so he dropped me @ the embassy, saw those sharp embassy guys @ the entrance, trying to break the windscreen in other to get me to snap passport or staple my passport on my docs. I totally ignored the guys like plague and chilled till it was time to call the 9:30 appointment time crew. Along the line, I was sent back to go drop my flashdrive, which I didn't know was on me. Went back and threw the flash somewhere and rejoined the queue. Got in, passed all the screening exercise and was on interview queue. Actually, I wasn't praying for any window, but the VO in window 9 was just sharing blue paper like gifts. I kept my chill. Finally, I heard next and went straight to window 4. The following conversations occured.

Me: good morning ma (I tried to smile but my cheeks didn't allow me, maybe I was scared or something)
Me: kean is one of the best public schools in the US, they have gud research facilities and also I got a GA position where I will be working with Prof. James Collins on his research on cyber security
Me: I made my research based on cybersecurity, using google, usnesw.com and gradcafe.com
Me: yes, I wrote GRE, had 151quant, 140verbal and 3'.5 anw (vo stops typing and was just looking at me, I tried to smile again, but my cheeks just stand still)
Me: I guess the school was impressed with the quality of application materials I submitted. The minimum requirement for GA position is GPA 3.25 while I had 3.61.
Me: I work with The Bells secondary school as a system administrator, my duties are update of schools website, maintenance of computers and management of students exam results using edalaf software
Vo: why kean? (again? But I don answer dis question before na? I sha talk something again)
Me: because I will be working on a research topic with Professor James Collins and I was also offered a GA
(She was typing and typing and typing for some minutes, I just dey pray for my mind) next thing I heard was "I will be approving your visa". I just went deaf. I didn't hear anything again. I walked out of the hall majestically.

Special thanks to Lagosismyhome( your the real MVP mam, God bless you, I will make sure my kids appreciate you too, stay blessed) , Walspring, imperiouxx, texrem, Oludare1, dickoflife, Ashbammy(my NJ partner), slimmy2005( even with all d abuse wey u abuse me, I still love you), femi234, gunther6 et Al. God bless you all. Amen.
NB: those yet to go for interview, I wish you the best, pray, be confident and get yourself informed. You shall get it. Blessings Fam!
Congratulations bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
gunther6:

Our guru has spoken undecided ... Such high quality advice ... Finances, spiritual , lies all fall under 214b which simply translates to lack of home ties.. @segunthebook listen to his advice at your cost ... Post your interview transcript so people that passed through the process or are actually in the United states can comment... My 1 cent

I am telling you...
Spiritual is the king of 214b(Positively or negatively) ... grin grin
when the witches of ur village dey follow u or God has a better plan for U...
I really cnt explain the spiritual aspect much.... but my bliv is when it's sealed spiritually....it will manifest either positively or negatively..

So most times prayer is required in whatever we do....Always involve God...
Some will say they get it without involving God...i will tell u God will always involve himself whether u like it or not...he owns u shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:
Am so sorry if there was a misunderstanding, actually I didn't mention my schools name cause I thought I should give out vital information Only
Butball the harsh words is uncalled for I think
Thanks for those that gently corrected me,
I am going to university of Texas at Dallas and they have a very good reception for international students, if you have Gre of about 300 and above and a good TOEFL score abeg apply sharp sharp and hope and pray cause you might be accepted. Please an sorry once again but detest the harsh words
Gentleamos

This is so mature. A element of a true PhD student. Enjoy your time at TX. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:

No am leaving second week of August and you?

Friday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
masquellett:
Profile:

Congrats buddy....see u soon....cos i am coming to new jersy....dont ask me why....the reason is in ur trascripts grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.