Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679901 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Take it easy oooo....... some words are not necessary really. Its been so peaceful here without fight why go back to that sad

This guy quoted me then went on to spew trash all because I said some will not post their transcript, form boss and later they'll be all over the thread seeking answers on drivers license and all... I did not even mention name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by borie4u(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2016
@gunter and nellyalph
Please careful of those words. Those are terrible words for humans like u and I
Take care and enjoy ur day

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Observant: 9:40am On Jul 23, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Congrats brother.

My sister is finding it difficult to apply directly to SNHU as she was referred to their partner agency in Nigeria. Please Can you tell me how you did the application for admission here? Or Can I PM you. I will appreciate your response.
Thank you.

Sorry for the delayed response bro, Actually BCIE introduced me to SNHU.
They charge 55k for processing.
But you better be ready. They might ask you to bring the receipt of your great grand uncle's birth certificate. And account statement running into 10s of millions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2016
Observant:

But you better be ready. They might ask you to bring the receipt of your great grand uncle's birth certificate. And account statement running into 10s of millions

Lol.... Thankfully there are many other schools so why must it be this one that uses agency tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kenniez26: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2016
Kenniez is my name
Profile-civil and environmental engineering university of Lagos. IELTS of 6, preparing for GRE I also have a certificate of English as a medium from the University of Lagos certified that my Bachelor of science was conducted in English language.
I applied to southern Illinois university edwardville with 30 dollars for MSc Civil engineering. The application was for spring semester. I applied without GRE and without TOEFL or IELTS but I submitted my English as a medium. Also I submitted my financial statement. All documents I submitted was unofficial meaning I emailed all the documents to the graduate studies email address and reduce my expenses to the nearest minimum because I do not send those documents via Dhl or FedEx at the point of applications.
I got my I-20 sent to me via Dhl for free.the process was so fast. I decided to share this because it might be of help to prospective students in Civil engineering interested in southern Illinois university edwardville.
As elders in this forum have always said GRE is important most especially it might Forster the chance of someone during visa interview.it is bêtter it is being done. Also there are graduate assistantship in the University and in the department that require GRE results.
I hope this help.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:50am On Jul 23, 2016
borie4u:
@gunter and nellyalph
Please careful of those words. Those are terrible words for humans like u and I
Take care and enjoy ur day

Borie you sabi me personally and a little about me I guess, I have been in the wrong a few times on this thread but not today, I exchanged a light word with Oludare01 and laughed it off only to wake up to his silly quote. Luckily I can give as much as I can take. No vex if it offends you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2016
kenniez26:
Kenniez is my name
Profile-civil and environmental engineering university of Lagos. IELTS of 6, preparing for GRE I also have a certificate of English as a medium from the University of Lagos certified that my Bachelor of science was conducted in English language.
I applied to southern Illinois university edwardville with 30 dollars for MSc Civil engineering. The application was for spring semester. I applied without GRE and without TOEFL or IELTS but I submitted my English as a medium. Also I submitted my financial statement. All documents I submitted was unofficial meaning I emailed all the documents to the graduate studies email address and reduce my expenses to the nearest minimum because I do not send those documents via Dhl or FedEx at the point of applications.
I got my I-20 sent to me via Dhl for free.the process was so fast. I decided to share this because it might be of help to prospective students in Civil engineering interested in southern Illinois university edwardville.
As elders in this forum have always said GRE is important most especially it might Forster the chance of someone during visa interview.it is bêtter it is being done. Also there are graduate assistantship in the University and in the department that require GRE results.
I hope this help.

You did not write any standardized test ; bad
You wear it like a badge of honor like its because your profile is so hot that's why you got in without any test; worse

Admission is not an end in itself and pls do tell how many schools you got into? You got into 1 school wrote no exam, except you are one heck of a lucky guy yu are in for a long day at the embassy. You better hurriedly locate a GRE center and write the exam before going to the embassy. 48k visa fee is not beans.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Congrats brother.

My sister is finding it difficult to apply directly to SNHU as she was referred to their partner agency in Nigeria. Please Can you tell me how you did the application for admission here? Or Can I PM you. I will appreciate your response.
Thank you.

Brother SNHU is not the only school in the US now , the SNHU is not even awesome like that sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2016
kenniez26:
Kenniez is my name
I hope this help.

Thank you for posting this important information.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gratefulaheart: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2016
gunther6:

You did not write any standardized test ; bad
You wear it like a badge of honor like its because your profile is so hot that's why you got in without any test; worse

Admission is not an end in itself and pls do tell how many schools you got into? You got into 1 school wrote no exam, except you are one heck of a lucky guy yu are in for a long day at the embassy. You better hurriedly locate a GRE center and write the exam before going to the embassy. 48k visa fee is not beans.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2016
kenniez26:
Kenniez is my name
I hope this help.

As an international student you need to think about life after F1 and also your chances of H1B for those who need or want to remain. H1B is competitive to get a company to sponsor u hence the quality of the school is vital and not the easy of getting admission that is vital . If a school is ranked at 173 in engineering do u really want to go there for engineering .

I would recommend you go and write GRE and aim for schools more highly ranked in Engineering and score high to aim for funding... After F1 years u will say i am glad someone in NL adviced me better

****Recent data analysis showed that Southern Illinois University Edwardsville area is relatively unsafe; the college is reported to have a rather poor rating for on-campus crime. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville engineering program ranks #173
Source:http://best-engineering-colleges.com/southern-illinois-university-edwardsville

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2016
Observant:

Lol, ok.Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kenniez26: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2016
@ gunther6 I have written IELTS since 2014 but I did not use it for the application because they accept certificate of English as a medium from my school.my profile is not that hot.it is 3.92/5.the department of civil for MSc do not require GRE during admission stage but they require it if u want to apply for graduate assistantship.I only apply for this only for now.I plan to apply for Cleveland State University Ohio and Milwaukee school of engineering no application fees but GRE is needed.
Yes ,planning is on the way for GRE exam at least for the visa interview if not for anything. Thanks for the advice gunther6.
@lagosismyhone no where is save in the world.recently we heard about black killing blacks.black killing police ,police killing black .black and white killing one another like in Texas and I think Louisiana recently.I think last week and not in Illinois this time we should Jus have to pray for God protection.no where is saved in the world it is only God that protect. As per ranking 173 out of many thousands of Universities in USA.I think I will give them credit

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2016
kenniez26:
@

As per ranking 173 out of many thousands of Universities in USA.I think I will give them credit

The ranking mentioned is in relation to H1B though. .. . Your life your choice your journey. Best of luck however you decide

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by essayHelp(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2016
Y2244:
I have really benefited from this thread and I thought I should post the transcript of my interview that took place today, Friday 22nd.

VO: Let me have your passport and I-20

VO: Why did you choose to go to University of Texas at Austin.

Me: UT Austin is the best University for graduate studies in Petroleum Engineering. Additionally, they have an unmatched reservoir simulation research group and I have been in correspondence with the director of the research group, Prof. Kamy Sepehrnoori and he has agreed to take me as an RA,on my request, with an initial agreement I won't be receiving any form of financial assistance since I have an external scholarship from the Nigerian Government, through PTDF and I have the award letter here for your sighting if need be.

VO: Your Visa has been approved bla bla bla.

Congrats, Bro, for your admission and visa approval.

Did you get your admission and/or RA after you won the PTDF scholarship?

What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kinger2: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Others have gone to University of Bridgeport, Connecticut before you and were give 3k off, others will go after you too....... so what so special or private about that , that you typed university of bleep

All it did was to distract from another success story that we should have been cheering , instead the beep this and that took from it ... Congrats all the same

When you needed ideas for schools without test scores you came here to post and now u have gotten visa its bleep bleep.. .. no be so life suppose be sad

I strongly believe that what you all need is to criticize positively and not the other way round.
What we need is how to get prepared for the interview going through others transcript.
Sorry for any inconvenience
Kinger2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Christian129(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2016
kenniez26:
Kenniez is my name
I hope this help.
spring 2017?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2016
kenniez26:
@ gunther6 I have written IELTS since 2014 but I did not use it for the application because they accept certificate of English as a medium from my school.my profile is not that hot.it is 3.92/5.the department of civil for MSc do not require GRE during admission stage but they require it if u want to apply for graduate assistantship.I only apply for this only for now.I plan to apply for Cleveland State University Ohio and Milwaukee school of engineering no application fees but GRE is needed.
Yes ,planning is on the way for GRE exam at least for the visa interview if not for anything. Thanks for the advice gunther6.
@lagosismyhone no where is save in the world.recently we heard about black killing blacks.black killing police ,police killing black .black and white killing one another like in Texas and I think Louisiana recently.I think last week and not in Illinois this time we should Jus have to pray for God protection.no where is saved in the world it is only God that protect. As per ranking 173 out of many thousands of Universities in USA.I think I will give them credit
you're sighted jare my brother. Everybody can not go to havard or other top ranked schools. I think. 173 is a good ranking

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kinger2: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Take this part seriously and don't bleep it. Seems you didn't indicate that and the VO helped you complete your status

A time is coming that you will thank me for this.

I filed in as married and may be she didn't see that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by tomisinobm(m): 11:47am On Jul 23, 2016
so my interview was meant to be today cry Somehow somehow, at the point of screening the GTB transaction number didn't match the one on the confirmation and I wasnt allowed beyond the checkpoint at the waterfront.
Apparently, I'm at fault, I didn't do the booking myself. Pending the time, the issue is resolved, does any one have an idea what could have gone wrong?
And those car park touts were offering to forge a new receipt but damn, that was too risky. The implication might be for life or long term
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kinger2: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Smart guy. You are correct. He unwittingly gave it away by saying it was established in 1927 and accredited by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges.

I put that there willingly not that I am wicked. Put that transcript there out of tight work schedule and as a pay back to nairalanders
We all need help one way or the other.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
tomisinobm:
so my interview was meant to be today cry Somehow somehow, at the point of screening the GTB transaction number didn't match the one on the confirmation and I wasnt allowed beyond the checkpoint at the waterfront.
Apparently, I'm at fault, I didn't do the booking myself. Pending the time, the issue is resolved, does any one have an idea what could have gone wrong?
And those car park touts were offering to forge a new receipt but damn, that was too risky. The implication might be for life or long term
Sighhhhhh..why did you use agent? you need to go and meet whoever booked it for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Visa approved this morning 9:30am.

CC: Lagosismyhome We made it!

Transcript loading.... smiley

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by aGirlHasNoName(f): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
cc Mevisbleek

Is there a way to talk to you in private? I can't send a PM here, don't know why it's not going through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by tomisinobm(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
femi321:
Sighhhhhh..why did you use agent? you need to go and meet whoever booked it for you

Well, I had already paid them for a full package before I stumbled on this thread.
They handled my SAT and Toefl tutorials, admission processing and even got me two scholarships.
And visa assistance was in inclusive. That was way back before i stumbled on this thread.
There's a lesson learnt sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by biikeys(m): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
LagosismyHome:

As an international student you need to think about life after F1 and also your chances of H1B for those who need or want to remain. H1B is competitive to get a company to sponsor u hence the quality of the school is vital and not the easy of getting admission that is vital . If a school is ranked at 173 in engineering do u really want to go there for engineering .

I would recommend you go and write GRE and aim for schools more highly ranked in Engineering and score high to aim for funding... After F1 years u will say i am glad someone in NL adviced me better

****Recent data analysis showed that Southern Illinois University Edwardsville area is relatively unsafe; the college is reported to have a rather poor rating for on-campus crime. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville engineering program ranks #173
Source:http://best-engineering-colleges.com/southern-illinois-university-edwardsville

I agree with the bolded..for funding at least.
Not encouraging people to apply to lowly ranked schools, but when it comes to Engineering the school you finish from doesn't really play that much role when looking for Engineering jobs (and a lot of them sponsor H1B and GC since there are not many citizens applying, comparatively). What really matters are the industry-friendly skills you develop while in school, the quality of the research you work on, your networks and the amount of efforts put into interviews and job applications. Every top Engineering company here has people from the very best schools as well as from the not-so-good ones.
The main thing is if you know your school is not that well ranked, you have a lot more work to do. But that doesn't stop you from getting into your dream company/career.
Now this is Engineering. If you're talking about say Business or any other field where you are competing with a whole lot of citizens, go to a very good school

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
kinger2:

I strongly believe that what you all need is to criticize positively and not the other way round.
What we need is how to get prepared for the interview going through others transcript.
Sorry for any inconvenience
Kinger2

Wetin dis one dey talk? You were concealing information and people called you out. You should be grateful to people on here and stop trying to be smart. Adjust yasef. Wish u all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
masquellett:

grin .
The Glory belongs to God alone
Congrats and God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by adup(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:
Am so sorry if there was a misunderstanding, actually I didn't mention my schools name cause I thought I should give out vital information Only
Butball the harsh words is uncalled for I think
Thanks for those that gently corrected me,
I am going to university of Texas at Dallas and they have a very good reception for international students, if you have Gre of about 300 and above and a good TOEFL score abeg apply sharp sharp and hope and pray cause you might be accepted. Please an sorry once again but detest the harsh words
Gentleamos

Ur sin has been forgiven.... Go and sin no more........ Wishing you all d best in ur new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
masquellett:

Congrat bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.