Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (679781 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 23, 2016
dickoflife:
come and eat catfish barbecue and chips. I don almost chop am finish sha.

Lol na you dey enjoy life o. I just read ur previous post. Imperiouxx na one of the most helpful guys here. Are you sure you quoted the right person tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 3:08am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
I no get. You dey JC

Yeah....gidigba.....i dey use eye find u to arrest you like dis cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 3:12am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
Recruiting for dish washers. cheesy it's not hard to know a bright can do student. cheesy

My uncle said he will make sure no one sends me money from home when I travel.
Pls any vacancy??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by nellyalph: 3:13am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
But he didn't quote you. Make Una take am easy o.

There are thousands of school in US. Hiding one doesn't mean others are not available. It's at your discretion either to give full information or partial. But if you check the tradition of the thread bleep information is not the watchword.

Leave those things, they are for kids
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dickoflife(m): 3:22am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Lol na you dey enjoy life o. I just read ur previous post. Imperiouxx na one of the most helpful guys here. Are you sure you quoted the right person tongue
i only mentioned that here not directed it to imperiouxx. I forgot to put it in a new post. I only corrected the notion that those without GA are lesser intellectually. Besides sef imperiouxx is a good guy o but he dinor gimme beer when i got ma amelika visa for that i still dey vex.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 3:36am On Jul 23, 2016
femi321:
All the best bro. Just be confident, pray for God's grace and favour
Amen. Thank you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 23, 2016
texrem:

Yeah....gidigba.....i dey use eye find u to arrest you like dis cheesy cheesy cheesy
no be so person dey do things. I asked you several times when you were coming and if you could help get me something you just paid deaf ears. Well no wahala. Enjoy your stay in JC. Ask folks around, I no dey get time visit person, I dey always dey my lane.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by texrem(m): 4:21am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
no be so person dey do things. I asked you several times when you were coming and if you could help get me something you just paid deaf ears. Well no wahala. Enjoy your stay in JC. Ask folks around, I no dey get time visit person, I dey always dey my lane.

Haba!!! My bro. No be so ooo...I. Recently quote u on wetin. U. Want...before I moved but u. Didn't respond...check ur. Quote...its not too. Late my brother is also coming over...anything for u boss..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 4:45am On Jul 23, 2016
worry359:

Some people want to retain privacy.
Some do not want their school bombarded with beggars.

There is enough information there for people to learn from.
It is pathetic when people are condemned because the keep personal details private.

Tell us why you demand to know the name of the school?
What are you going to do with that information?

This is not needed at all. Quit being shallow minded!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by djmakson(m): 4:57am On Jul 23, 2016
kinger2:
Transcript below
Vo: good morning, how are you
Me: good morning
Vo: your passport and i20
Me: passed them
Vo: where are you going
Me: university of bleep CN
vo: which course
me : mba
Vo: why the the school and program
Me: its not just an mba, its an mba with a concentration in accounting because it delivers the skills and knowledge require to identify,measure, analyze,interpret and communicate economic data. it also focus on broad-based business cognizance which will enable me integrate accounting practice to achieve strategic plans, also the school was founded 1927, accredited by new England .... and have a faculty ratio of 16 to 1 then vo cuts in
vo: how many schools did you applied to
me : 2 x and y
vo : how did you find out about the school
me: through professor xyz who supervised my project and i followed up by mailing prof cdq
Vo: did you write any exams
Me: NO, after mailing prof xxxttt, he said they have reviewed my transcript which was sent to them by my school,and that i am qualified and if you check my i-20 you will see that i am awarded 3kdollar academic award based on my past academic record which is in line with my concentration cut in
Vo: what year did you graduate and what have you been doing
me : i work with company A as the abcd
vo: what are requirement for the course
me : we have core, concentration and capstone which consist of :acct 505 managerial and cost accounting, fin 505 advance financial management and policy, marketing and research method, organizational behavior advance auditing cut in
Me: i graduated in 2013 and i work with a firm as xxxx
Vo: who is sponsoring you
me : my father, a civil engineer and a consultant cut in
vo : so you are married after she sighted my ring i guess
me : yes
vo ; brings out the white copy after typing like say tmao no dey and she said congratulation bla bla bla
its all bases on God cus she just dey give blue paper but the table turned.
Allah akbar kabira
the interview be like that cowbell competition, so time conscious

My deduction: University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by starboy2015: 5:32am On Jul 23, 2016
gunther6:

May the others take you and your bleep, are you to first to get a visa and funding here? Poverty mentality probably your first time out of the country. We are not beggars here we got admissions, visa and funding... 'da fùck outta here joor

what is the meaning of this bleep wey una dey always talk sef...so far u are not dropping ur sevis id number so why are u concealing the school...is not worth it sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 5:41am On Jul 23, 2016
dickoflife:
imperiouxx:

To add to this. GA is not act of begging, it's based on merit. Whoever merits it earns it.

If I don't get GA where others are getting it, then it means I'm not so good academically.
point of correction sir. I didn't get a GA because i am in the field if liberal arts which statistically has lesser amounts to give out in terms if funding. [s]I beg to differ on the less academically developed part sir.[/s] I believe STEM courses are highly funded and as such they stand a higher advantage.

I'm the one to correct you on this: "If I don't get GA where others [in the same department e.g Chemistry Department] are getting it". That statement addressed only departments that give GA to students. As such, they give it based on academic performance. I can't generalize getting GA since I know not all departments give it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 23, 2016
djmakson:

My deduction: University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.

Smart guy. You are correct. He unwittingly gave it away by saying it was established in 1927 and accredited by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by imperiouxx(m): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Truncation. I've addressed what's directed to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Truncation. I've addressed what's directed to me.

Ok got it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2016
dickoflife:
i only mentioned that here not directed it to imperiouxx. I forgot to put it in a new post. I only corrected the notion that those without GA are lesser intellectually. Besides sef imperiouxx is a good guy o but he dinor gimme beer when i got ma amelika visa for that i still dey vex.

Ok got it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Y2244(m): 6:18am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Bros I salute. UT is one of the heavies. But why did you decline financial aid from the school? Or does the PTDF scholarship prohibit you from obtaining other sources of funding? If na me I for collect that GA too o cheesy Are you going for MS or PhD?

I didn't decline financial aid. They usually don't provide financial assistance to students with external scholarship. I told the Prof I want to work with him, which he accepted. And if you noticed, I used the phrase "initial agreement." I am sure I'll get stipend from him once we get to talk face-to-face.

Going for Msc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 23, 2016
Y2244:

I didn't decline financial aid. They usually don't provide financial assistance to students with external scholarship. I told the Prof I want to work with him, which he accepted. And if you noticed, I used the phrase "initial agreement." I am sure I'll get stipend from him once we get to talk face-to-face.

Oh I see. All the best, man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Y2244(m): 6:23am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Oh I see. All the best, man.

Thanks a lot. You too!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Y2244(m): 6:26am On Jul 23, 2016
slimmy2005:
Future bright! I bet even if it was your enemy that interviewed you or someone who hated you so much, he/she has no other option with this succinct response not to issue you a visa.

Congrats!

Lol.. Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 6:27am On Jul 23, 2016
OluDare01:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

No apology if you're offended

I don't wanna talk much cos I might misyarn
Life is so easy when we do things the right way.
If you don't want anybody to learn from your transcript, why go through the stress of typing sh*t.
In fact, nobody is interested, just remain a silent follower.

All I know is that posterity will not forgive such people.
Information is power, information is key.
I got the contact of a NL in my school through his transcript and he's really been of help.
If he had posted bleep, would I have been able to touch base with him
Let's grow up abeg, enough of naija mentality

I was wondering so much about the bleep of a thing. It's not too good, why?

*Here is a forum where we have like minds to learn from one another as no one is an island of knowledge.
*using bleep for your course and school in a transcript to me can not help anyone on this forum yet you claim to appreciate those who helped you-seriously if I helped you, and you are appreciating me with a transcript full of bleeps-am sorry I don't understand your transcript.
*why don't I understand the transcript? Because I already know that confidence is key, smiling is important, the only thing I need to know is your prowess and I can only know this when I add confidence, a smiling face, prayer with the "you" that I do not know (and that's what you think it's personal, but that's the main content of your interview and that is no bleeping).
*over the years, we haven't heard on this forum that someone got His Visa revoked because he published the school's name and course.
*I wouldn't want to blame the person, it's an average Nigerian's mentality that must be eradicated. Your course and school is nothing private.
*lastly, not disclosing these details does not affect me, it affects those yet to gain admission to any school, those yet to go for interview and those in the near future also yearning for a better tomorrow.

Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2016
kinger2:
Transcript below
Vo: good morning, how are you
Me: good morning
Vo: your passport and i20
Me: passed them
Vo: where are you going
Me: university of bleep

Others have gone to University of Bridgeport, Connecticut before you and were give 3k off, others will go after you too....... so what so special or private about that , that you typed university of bleep

All it did was to distract from another success story that we should have been cheering , instead the beep this and that took from it ... Congrats all the same

When you needed ideas for schools without test scores you came here to post and now u have gotten visa its bleep bleep.. .. no be so life suppose be sad

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:03am On Jul 23, 2016
ponpon:

Done did it boss, next up is?
You can search for research fellowships/positions in your field.
Work with the navigation button

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 7:17am On Jul 23, 2016
Fortissimo:

Bros I salute. UT is one of the heavies. But why did you decline financial aid from the school? Or does the PTDF scholarship prohibit you from obtaining other sources of funding? If na me I for collect that GA too o cheesy Are you going for MS or PhD?
Bro, UT go sweet for phD o cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 23, 2016
OluDare01:

Bro, UT go sweet for phD o cheesy

I dey tell u o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ksabid(m): 7:35am On Jul 23, 2016
So I went to retrieve my passport at the DHL Isolo office, but was informed upon arrival that the passport was sent to the VI office. It's like CGI didn't respect my choice of pick-up location. No worries.

My F1 visa interview was centered around one question only: Why I stayed in the US for more than six months during my last visit on a B1/B2 visa.

Me: I traveled to the US last year to chase down some business opportunities. It required extensive traveling within the US and I had to apply to the USCIS for an extension of status because I needed more time to carry out further due diligence. It took the USCIS several months to approve the application and I promptly left the country after receiving the approval notice.

The VOs are well trained to be able to screen visa applicants. Unlike what is obtainable in Nigerian civil service, only the very best people get employed by the US Department of State. The VOs are US's first line of defense against terrorism. One cannot forget that the 9/11 hijackers were in the US on student visas. Therefore, their suspicious disposition to visa applicants can be excused.

My advice to anyone is to be confident in your story of why you want to visit the US. You should anticipate and prepare for possible interview questions; the VO can lateral into any direction. Do not get rattled by the VO's "bullying". Go to the interview with any document/material that can support your story. Heck, I went to my interview with the hospital receipt from my 2007 appendectomy in Ohio!

Good luck to all. Cheer!

ksabid:
@femi321 I'm the dude who was grilled for 8 minutes by the VO in cubicle 5.

Good job getting into UNC. Charlotte is quite a nice town. Lots of hot chicks. Tar Heels bball is the best. You also have Duke down the road. I was almost sold when I visited the campus, but I had to decline my fully funded MBA admit to the UNC business school in favour of that of U of Michigan.

Good luck to everyone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:40am On Jul 23, 2016
ksabid:

The VOs are well trained to be able to screen visa applicants. Unlike what is obtainable in Nigerian civil service, only the very best people get employed by the US Department of State. The VOs are US's first line of defense against terrorism.

Omo see hyping wink . ..... reading and giving u the side eyes ooo with a cheeky smile . Lol

Congrats and all the best on your new student journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 23, 2016
aadeyi:

I can see u r not ready yet cos if I can't get money to buy data and make research for you application, where will u see money to pay for school fees of like $20,000?

Oga when u r ready, Google is your best friend.

Oga I need ur assistance. Sent u PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Gentleamos: 9:00am On Jul 23, 2016
Am so sorry if there was a misunderstanding, actually I didn't mention my schools name cause I thought I should give out vital information Only
Butball the harsh words is uncalled for I think
Thanks for those that gently corrected me,
I am going to university of Texas at Dallas and they have a very good reception for international students, if you have Gre of about 300 and above and a good TOEFL score abeg apply sharp sharp and hope and pray cause you might be accepted. Please an sorry once again but detest the harsh words
Gentleamos

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:
Am so sorry if there was a misunderstanding, actually I didn't mention my schools name cause I thought I should give out vital information Only
I am going to university of Texas at Dallas and they have a very good reception for international students, if you have Gre of about 300 and above and a good TOEFL score abeg apply sharp sharp and hope and pray cause you might be accepted. Please an sorry once again but detest the harsh words
Gentleamos

Thanks Gentleamos. I am sure that the person who might have scored 301 and is so scared nothing good can come out of his application to your school-upon reading this- will have his hope raised now and confidence strengthened . Thank you for accepting the corrections. Congrats!!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:15am On Jul 23, 2016
Gentleamos:
Gentleamos

Thanks for sharing
Congrats again and all the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.