Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680966 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:28am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:
For those who have travelled ..... how did you pay your connecting bus ride or flight ticket from Nigeria.
What payment method or card was used
Is there restriction on some cards
Is there a limit on the amount
Asking on behalf of someone
Thanks

Paid with my card, no problems whatsoever...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by gunther6(m): 3:31am On Aug 03, 2016
warriboy21:
De have banned worldremit ..chai..how can we send money to niaja. With black market rate now embarassed

I think there are African stores in some cities where you give them $$ and they remit naira to a naija account immediately. Their rate is like #371.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Richmond996: 4:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Big mess, I wonder what happened. World remit is relatively cheap, those African stores charge too much money that's why I hardly use them

gunther6:

I think there are African stores in some cities where you give them $$ and they remit naira to a naija account immediately. Their rate is like #371.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sheymaziggy: 4:53am On Aug 03, 2016
kellycute:
what if someone on f 1 status already used medicare? What will be the implication? Please what do you advice. Thank

Unless you plan on going home after ur studies pls don't ever enter Naija cos u would be denied entry at d Poe for using gov assistance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Richmond996:
Big mess, I wonder what happened. World remit is relatively cheap, those African stores charge too much money that's why I hardly use them

You can send money through boss revolution, pin-express. Just be patient and walk through the protocol. It's for your safety

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:44am On Aug 03, 2016
gunther6:

Paid with my card, no problems whatsoever...

LagosismyHome:
For those who have travelled ..... how did you pay your connecting bus ride or flight ticket from Nigeria.
Thanks

Thanks Gunther6 and Zt

Cc hi2chuxy : others have said youcan pay with nigerian card no problem

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Rheenah: 5:50am On Aug 03, 2016
yorubadboy1:
my interview is also tomorrow 6:30 please even though I don't talk I secretly learn a lot here please everybody wish me well I am so nervous

Don't be nervous. Be bold. Pray without ceasing. Trust God and u will come out victorious. Gods grace to u

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by yorubadboy1: 5:54am On Aug 03, 2016
thanks very much I am already there

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 6:13am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Thanks Gunther6 and Zt
Cc hi2chuxy : [s]others have said youcan pay with nigerian card no problem[/s]
zt:

I think usually, there is this charges being paid using the inter switch. I did not go through that so it may be hard for me to give a quick answer.
Not all Nigerian cards. Some banks have not lifted the ban on international transactions but I know of GTB and stanbic, they work pretty well.
First bank will charge a higher rate.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dramaka(m): 6:28am On Aug 03, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 6:28am On Aug 03, 2016
gunther6:

Obob wer dat stor de ..I de find am o shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by dramaka(m): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2016
SilentPistol:
Visa approved this morning! And I honestly didn't expect how it turned out. I wasn't asked the generic "Why this school?Why this course? etc." kind of questions. Safe to say I just freestyled and didn't exactly prepare my answers. Transcript would follow soon!

Special thanks to Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis21, Sirriddy, Femi321, Dicapino, and infact everyone that's contributed to the progressiveness of this thread one way or the other. It has all begun in praise!

Modified: VISA TRANSCRIPT

Congrats...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by warriboy21(m): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2016
Richmond996:

Hey boss..is d African store online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2016
Anyone travelling wiith Lufthansa from Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:52am On Aug 03, 2016
OluDare01:

Not all Nigerian cards. Some banks have not lifted the ban on international transactions but I know of GTB and stanbic, they work pretty well.
First bank will charge a higher rate.

Thanks for the update
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sunnypastic(m): 7:02am On Aug 03, 2016
Finally am here with my testimony special thanks be to almighty God the one on the throne.
I want to start by narrating the ugly experience I had with some criminals called Nigeria Police at CMS immediately I alighted at CMS I decided to take Okada as there was no time on my side as the Okada man who carried me was about to enter the road leading to Victoria Island I was double-crossed by some non-uniformed four men and asked the Okada man to pack his byke. Guess what? Their target was me. They requested me to come down from the byke which I did. Next thing I heard is we are Police can we aee your file I gave to the my well packaged envelops.They started asking me all sorts of rubbish questions when they were scanning through my documents. I pleaded them that I don't have time for all these questions as my interview was scheduled for 7:15am hmmmm I felt momentarily sick but suddenly God's wisdom enveloped me and I quickly sighted a soldier passing on the other side of the road I immediately ran to him explaining my conditions as God will have it he listened across the road with me and confronted the quadruple idiots called Police initially they started brandishing there ID card that they are Nigeria Police. After the Officer finished listening he ordered them to bring all my documents for his sake which they did and I carefully went through it and confirmed if they were complete and collected my passport from one of their most irrational idiots thanked the soldier man very well boarded the same Okada that was stand by and left. God will continue to bless Nigeria army as they care for the Citizens
Finally the interview here
SUN: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: Please your passport
SUN: Quickly passed it to her
VO: What is your study programme?
SUN: Am going in pursuit of Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering.
VO: Of what benefit is it to your work.
SUN: It is a research course on Computational Fluid Dynamics which is needed in my company series of inviscid flow analysis and solution
(At this point she was just nodding her head for my mind I be like say this woman don enter my boat finally)
VO: Who is sponsoring?
SUN: I quickly replied my elder brother
VO: She started typing fast and furiously for up to one minutes that looked like one hour my ears were itching for good news already and suddenly she singled out a paper and said your visa has been approved go to your designated centre for collection. Thank you
SUN: Thank you too.

Please if you are going to the US Embassy Okada is the worst mistake you will make to enter because it seems they work hand in hand with the Police. If you not driving or not going with a Cab it is safer to enter a bus.
Get yourself prepared from home by arranging document well also don't listen to all those miscreants at the embassy be yourself and be confident and you will get it.

I declare today and days to come for those who are going for theirs from this family and thread that God will give them the glorious victory in Jesus name. Amen.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:09am On Aug 03, 2016
sunnypastic:

SUN: It is a research course on Computational Fluid Dynamics which is needed in my company series of inviscid flow analysis and solution

Your head is very valid , God bless your new journey. Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Bkoks: 7:13am On Aug 03, 2016
femi321:
Hey, I studied Civil in my undergraduate, going for MSc Civil Engineering with concentration in Structures this fall. lets talk,send a pm. I can give you info about researching for schools, admission process,tests but I dont have first hand info about life after school ,but that shouldnt be your concern now.
Hello..Please I want these information too, all the details for researching schools with structures. Need it! Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2016
I. Suppose chop 50. Lashes for wetin I do today. Kaiiii, e just be like say d english wey the V:O talk turn to. Yoruba orr spanish when I dey process am for my brain. Just one question I dey bounced....

V:O: Why msu? Was interested with in the ongoing research (evaluation and pathways of sediments are transported between upper midwest and Rocky areas, this research suits my area of interest whichis environmental geology. Was about to talk when he said stop

School resumes august 17.
House, please I need your advise!!!!!! U fit abuse me Oooo cos I no say I Bleep up well well. Buh I as well need advise intend to apply next week. Is it adviseable?
Age range: late 2os
Had bsc geog.
Going for another BA in geology
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by kellycute(m): 7:46am On Aug 03, 2016
sheymaziggy:

Unless you plan on going home after ur studies pls don't ever enter Naija cos u would be denied entry at d Poe for using gov assistance
lol nor be me oo I'm still in naija. Just wanna get info abt it. Thank bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Motoshor(m): 7:52am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:
Thanks

The bus ride can be paid using your credit card, one can go to the sites of gotobus.com, greyhound.com or megabus.com. The ticket for gotobus was the cheapest last time I checked for my destination though. It's best to book ahead of your intending transit day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by sunnypastic(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Your head is very valid , God bless your new journey. Congrats
Thank you so much. Our NL-guru mama
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2016
OJCITY22:
I. Suppose chop 50. Lashes for wetin I do today. Kaiiii, e just be like say d english wey the V:O talk turn to. Yoruba orr spanish when I dey process am for my brain. Just one question I dey bounced....

V:O: Why msu? Was interested with in the ongoing research (evaluation and pathways of sediments are transported between upper midwest and Rocky areas, this research suits my area of interest whichis environmental geology. Was about to talk when he said stop

House, please I need your advise!!!!!! U fit abuse me Oooo cos I no say I Bleep up well well. Buh I as well need advise intend to apply next week. Is it adviseable?
Had bsc geog.
you suppose lie down make all of us dash u better lashing one after the other. Even with the successes being recorded here, you still come F-up. Abiii u been dey luk dat chic b00ty soteh u come confuse.
Well, first of all I dey vex with u cos u didn't practice many transcripts here. If u had practiced some transcripts you would have seen so many answers to dat question. Its a straight forward question. Almost all transcripts here carry that question. Secondly you go dey define something give the VO. Why couldn't u mention something like you came across an article from a professor in MSU and u got captivated by his work. Simple straight forward answers. These VOs need simple answers and not things you just cram.
Looking at your writeup, u said u r in ur late 20s. Certainly the VO will certainly ask you questions why you are embarking on anoda undergraduate degree when u already have one judging by ur age.
If u had come here to get some info, it would have helped. I think some gurus can contribute, so dat u can fire on next week
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by otubujohn(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2016
otubujohn:
hello all. I will be applying to the fall 2017 section. I have Gre of 304, and 98 in TOEFL. (speaking 20). Pls I need help with schools that offer assistantship/funding easily. I also need guidelines for writing sop cos I lost everything about my project in an accident. pls pls

please please. you guys should not ignore me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2016
Somebody please help ooooh!!!!!!
I am paying application fees at the rate of N375, first bank wan end my career... Please anybody who knows better option should prescribe thanks yall!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2016
sunnypastic:
Finally am here with my testimony special thanks be to almighty God the one on the throne.
I want to start by narrating the ugly experience I had with some criminals called Nigeria Police at CMS immediately I alighted at CMS I decided to take Okada as there was no time on my side as the Okada man who carried me was about to enter the road leading to Victoria Island I was double-crossed by some non-uniformed four men and asked the Okada man to pack his byke. Guess what? Their target was me. They requested me to come down from the byke which I did. Next thing I heard is we are Police can we aee your file I gave to the my well packaged envelops.They started asking me all sorts of rubbish questions when they were scanning through my documents. I pleaded them that I don't have time for all these questions as my interview was scheduled for 7:15am hmmmm I felt momentarily sick but suddenly God's wisdom enveloped me and I quickly sighted a soldier passing on the other side of the road I immediately ran to him explaining my conditions as God will have it he listened across the road with me and confronted the quadruple idiots called Police initially they started brandishing there ID card that they are Nigeria Police. After the Officer finished listening he ordered them to bring all my documents for his sake which they did and I carefully went through it and confirmed if they were complete and collected my passport from one of their most irrational idiots thanked the soldier man very well boarded the same Okada that was stand by and left. God will continue to bless Nigeria army as they care for the Citizens
Finally the interview here
SUN: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: Please your passport
SUN: Quickly passed it to her
(At this point she was just nodding her head for my mind I be like say this woman don enter my boat finally)
VO: Who is sponsoring?
SUN: I quickly replied my elder brother
VO: She started typing fast and furiously for up to one minutes that looked like one hour my ears were itching for good news already and suddenly she singled out a paper and said your visa has been approved go to your designated centre for collection. Thank you
SUN: Thank you too.

Please if you are going to the US Embassy Okada is the worst mistake you will make to enter because it seems they work hand in hand with the Police. If you not driving or not going with a Cab it is safer to enter a bus.
Get yourself prepared from home by arranging document well also don't listen to all those miscreants at the embassy be yourself and be confident and you will get it.

I declare today and days to come for those who are going for theirs from this family and thread that God will give them the glorious victory in Jesus name. Amen.

I love that Bold part!!! Congrats man- I told you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2016
Motoshor:

The bus ride can be paid using your credit card, one can go to the sites of gotobus.com, greyhound.com or megabus.com. The ticket for gotobus was the cheapest last time I checked for my destination though. It's best to book ahead of your intending transit day.

Thanks ....but wait oo . Nigeria has credit card in addition to debit card ??... Didn't know that ooo. People go pay their credit card gbese tongue ...lol don't mind me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by ponpon(m): 8:37am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Thanks ....but wait oo . Nigeria has credit card in addition to debit card ??... Didn't know that ooo. People go pay their credit card gbese tongue ...lol don't mind me

You can use your master card and Co they work at times

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Motoshor(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Oh! You welcome, don't mind me please. I mean debit card, thanks for the correction.,God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 8:41am On Aug 03, 2016
ponpon:
Somebody please help ooooh!!!!!!
I am paying application fees at the rate of N375, first bank wan end my career... Please anybody who knows better option should prescribe thanks yall!
grin grin
Port to GTB and stanbic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by monsieur2016(m): 8:42am On Aug 03, 2016
Congrats @sunnypastic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by fizzile(m): 8:44am On Aug 03, 2016
OJCITY22:

Had bsc geog.
Oludare1, walspring,lagosismyhome,sirriddy,bigfrancis,gunther6,warriboy21....please let's respond to this dude. I think he really needs your assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (402)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.