Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (680263 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Sleekyomon: 8:52am On Aug 03, 2016
Good morning everyone......anyone going to Ohio?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2016
fizzile:
...please let's respond to this dude. I think he really needs your assistance.
OJCITY22
It was obvious you crammed the reply.
Please how does the research affect your home country?
For instance you see someone going for elect talk about renewable energy and power generation which is one of our problems here in Nigeria

There are thousands of schools in the US, you should have something unique about msu.
My opinion though.

Let the gurus comment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 03, 2016
fizzile:
you suppose lie down make all of us dash u better lashing one after the other. Even with the successes being recorded here, you still come F-up. Abiii u been dey luk dat chic b00ty soteh u come confuse.
Well, first of all I dey vex with u cos u didn't practice many transcripts here. If u had practiced some transcripts you would have seen so many answers to dat question. Its a straight forward question. Almost all transcripts here carry that question. Secondly you go dey define something give the VO. Why couldn't u mention something like you came across an article from a professor in MSU and u got captivated by his work. Simple straight forward answers. These VOs need simple answers and not things you just cram.
Looking at your writeup, u said u r in ur late 20s. Certainly the VO will certainly ask you questions why you are embarking on anoda undergraduate degree when u already have one judging by ur age.
If u had come here to get some info, it would have helped. I think some gurus can contribute, so dat u can fire on next week

Boss, you are right...infact I'm grateful for your response. What next!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Motoshor(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2016
OluDare01:

grin grin
Port to GTB and stanbic

How fair is GTB and Stanbic rate? Access Bank charges around 339 last time I checked. Try to see which deal suites you best bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 9:08am On Aug 03, 2016
Motoshor:

How fair is GTB and Stanbic rate? Access Bank charges around 339 last time I checked. Try to see which deal suites you best bro.
When was that?
GTB 355
Stanbic 350
Mind you the rate dey change like APC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:08am On Aug 03, 2016
OJCITY22:
I.
Age range: late 2os
Had bsc geog.
Going for another BA in geology

The challenge with US visa is that its so subjective to the VO and the voices in d head. ... some people hardly say anything for CC and get it while some phd say all d right thing and get denied ... so there is an element of luck and favour in this waka

For me i have mentioned in pm to u that bsc to bsc is very difficult to sell. I would rather get into an Msc program for jan then if u still want that bsc switch when i get it ...... or alternatively you apply again if there is still time. . Keep preparing and sound more natural let it flow and pray that God will go before u and give u favour. Blc u can say exactly what u said now to a Vo and be given.....

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by yorubadboy1: 9:08am On Aug 03, 2016
visa approved oh this morning thanks to Masquellete that guy I don't know him from anywhere and walspring too and to everyone for their motivation transcript loading

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by zt(m): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2016
yorubadboy1:
visa approved oh this morning thanks to Masquellete that guy I don't know him from anywhere and walspring too and to everyone for their motivation transcript loading

I am yet to see anyone who passed through this place and won't come back with a testimony!!!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by yorubadboy1: 9:21am On Aug 03, 2016
I woke as early as 4am had my bath then checked my documents properly then next I called my cab man who took me down and in less than 30 minutes I was there I did the normal screening the lady was just dashing out the blue papers anyhow I was scared at first but I hid it I didn't even move I just kept looking at her while she was typing
Me:good morning ma
Vo:good morning
Vo:what's your study plan?
Me: I intend on going to the US to study the concept of management information systems relating to business administration
Vo: what do you intend to do when you come back ?
Me: i intend on going for my Nysc program and I will also be working on varieties of project with different companies as entrepreneur
Vo: who is your sponsor ?
Me : my dad
Vo:what does he do ?
Me: he is a senior shipping officer at supermaritime and also among board of. Directors at simtops integrated services
Vo : OK I will be approving your visa
Me: I just went blank( I didn't hear anything again ) u will be needing this bla bla I just said thank you pick up ur passport 3days time

17 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Observant: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2016
PLEASE ANYONE GOING TO SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY FOR OCTOBER OR IF YOU KNOW ANYONE GOING FOR OCTOBER ABEG
HALA ME MAKE WE PLAN O.

SNHU DOES NOT HAVE TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION FOR STUDENTS WHO WANT TO LIVE OFF-CAMPUS SO NA HOTEL E GO BE TILL WE FIND HOUSE.

IT WON'T A BAD IDEA TO SHARE THE BILLS TILL WE SETTLE IN PROPERLY, DOLLAR NA 380 TODAY O.

YOU CAN BUZZ ME @ KINNKW1@YAHOO.COM.

ONE LOVE.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT APPROVED LATELY, IT SEESM AMERICAN EMBASSY IS OFF THE EDGE.......

REALLY GOOD NEWS LATELY.

P.S there is about medicals on my i20, i noticed i have never heard anyone one say anything about medicals here but the i20 states that the sate of New hampshire requires the medical examination report and it is quite expensive to do it there.
Any suggestions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2016
Observant:

P.S there is about medicals on my i20, i noticed i have never heard anyone one say anything about medicals here but the i20 states that the sate of New hampshire requires the medical examination report and it is quite expensive to do it there.
Any suggestions
Contact you school, they would give you the best advice.
I did mine here in Nigeria
MMR varicella and skin TB test, filled the health form and sent them a scanned copy only after they told me what to do.
You might wanna explore this option

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by alexandersherif: 9:58am On Aug 03, 2016
ponpon:
Somebody please help ooooh!!!!!!
I am paying application fees at the rate of N375, first bank wan end my career... Please anybody who knows better option should prescribe thanks yall!

try gtbank or stanbic d own is favourable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Observant: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2016
OluDare01:

Contact you school, they would give you the best advice.
I did mine here in Nigeria
MMR varicella and skin TB test, filled the health form and sent them a scanned copy only after they told me what to do.
You might wanna explore this option

Thank you bro, The i20 form states Chest xray and TB and yellow fever immunization.

Which hospital do you do your and how much were you charged?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2016
Observant:

Thank you bro, The i20 form states Chest xray and TB and yellow fever immunization.

Chest xray goes hand in hand with skin TB. You can't spend up to 10k
Go to LUTH or any good hospital.
I did my at Qlife in VI and those vaccines cost 27k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2016
Observant:

@ observant my school requested for something similar, I did my yellow fever immunization at Port health close to MMIA, turning by the right.
They gave a yellow card that was signed.
Can't really remember the amount but it wasn't up to 2k,go early cos they write names and call according to number.
I did the rest of my immunizations at Luth.
Meningitis, MMR and Hbv.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2016
OJCITY22:
I. Suppose chop 50. Lashes for wetin I do today. Kaiiii, e just be like say d english wey the V:O talk turn to. Yoruba orr spanish when I dey process am for my brain. Just one question I dey bounced....

V:O: Why msu? Was interested with in the ongoing research (evaluation and pathways of sediments are transported between upper midwest and Rocky areas, this research suits my area of interest whichis environmental geology. Was about to talk when he said stop

School resumes august 17.
House, please I need your advise!!!!!! U fit abuse me Oooo cos I no say I Bleep up well well. Buh I as well need advise intend to apply next week. Is it adviseable?
Age range: late 2os
Had bsc geog.
Going for another BA in geology

Before you read this, be sure you want me to give my opinion/advice. If you're sure, you can continue reading. smiley

If your interview was this short, I'll simply take the blame away from you and say this decision wasn't based on what you said. Why MSU? what you said ain't the worst thing to say and for the VO to give you no second chance, it's just sad. I'd attribute this to any of the following reasons:

1. He went through your DS-160, saw something he wasn't comfy with and already concluded that he wasn't going to approve the visa, for the sake of benefit of doubt, he decided to give you the slimmest chance possible. To redeem yourself. He expected you to say something strong. He probably didn't like what you said so... he went with his early conclusion.

2. Your body language + the way you spoke. I can't say much about this cos you didn't describe. It could have been another factor. keyword: COULD.

3. Maybe he had been getting loads of poor applicants before your turn and he was super pessimistic about you being any different (this is definitely less likely to be the case... Just saying)

Now, what next for you? Painful and Discouraging as this may look, your best bet is to defer to spring semester. You want to reapply after a week? First impression: DESPERATION. Unless your situation has massively changed in the next application. i.e. if you have added something really massive to your application, it's going to be harder to overturn the decision of that first VO using the same things. These VOs are trained the same way, they think almost the same way so as to be as consistent as possible with their jobs.

You could re-apply though as soon as you want though, just make sure you have better strengthened your case because you definitely don't want a second denial in the space of a week.

Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong with my analysis and advice, it's an opinion. You're free to ignore it. If you need any other thing from me, just holla. Don't be discouraged, prepare better and it's gonna be yours.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

The challenge with US visa is that its so subjective to the VO and the voices in d head. ... some people hardly say anything for CC and get it while some phd say all d right thing and get denied ... so there is an element of luck and favour in this waka

For me i have mentioned in pm to u that bsc to bsc is very difficult to sell. I would rather get into an Msc program for jan then if u still want that bsc switch when i get it ...... or alternatively you apply again if there is still time. . Keep preparing and sound more natural let it flow and pray that God will go before u and give u favour. Blc u can say exactly what u said now to a Vo and be given.....

Is it still possible to apply again? I think its after seven days? Does it mean I can fill another new ds160 and schedule before the seven days (buh my date will be after seven days? Or can't fill anything yet untill after 7days? ...please help throw more light ma'am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:01am On Aug 03, 2016
OJCITY22:

Is it still possible to apply again? I think its after seven days? Does it mean I can fill another new ds160 and schedule before the seven days (buh my date will be after seven days? Or can't fill anything yet untill after 7days? ...please help throw more light ma'am

It is possible to apply again but if the time is too close to i20 then it best you defer it

Regarding your specific comments below, i have not made an application in years so cannot answer
CC Walspring or others . Does anyone know the answer to above ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2016
Emirate plane crashes today (thankfully no casualties reported yet) ........... God please go with your people
There sha be no plane crash affecting our people. Safe journey mercies to everyone here .....
Only Good news we will hear

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 03, 2016
sureb0y:

Before you read this, be sure you want me to give my opinion/advice. If you're sure, you can continue reading. smiley

If your interview was this short, I'll simply take the blame away from you and say this decision wasn't based on what you said. Why MSU? what you said ain't the worst thing to say and for the VO to give you no second chance, it's just sad. I'd attribute this to any of the following reasons:

1. He went through your DS-160, saw something he wasn't comfy with and already concluded that he wasn't going to approve the visa, for the sake of benefit of doubt, he decided to give you the slimmest chance possible. To redeem yourself. He expected you to say something strong. He probably didn't like what you said so... he went with his early conclusion.

2. Your body language + the way you spoke. I can't say much about this cos you didn't describe. It could have been another factor. keyword: COULD.

3. Maybe he had been getting loads of poor applicants before your turn and he was super pessimistic about you being any different (this is definitely less likely to be the case... Just saying)

Now, what next for you? Painful and Discouraging as this may look, your best bet is to defer to spring semester. You want to reapply after a week? First impression: DESPERATION. Unless your situation has massively changed in the next application. i.e. if you have added something really massive to your application, it's going to be harder to overturn the decision of that first VO using the same things. These VOs are trained the same way, they think almost the same way so as to be as consistent as possible with their jobs.

You could re-apply though as soon as you want though, just make sure you have better strengthened your case because you definitely don't want a second denial in the space of a week.

Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong with my analysis and advice, it's an opinion. You're free to ignore it. If you need any other thing from me, just holla. Don't be discouraged, prepare better and it's gonna be yours.

Thanks boss, as regards your response.
1. Asked for my doc: and I gave him. It took him about 45secs before he asked me d question and he was just looking at the system.
2. Stood right infront of him and my hands was on the slab.I would say I didn't really stammer or sounds too intimidating.
3. The person before me was approved. I don't really know buh seems I'm among the first 6. No second chance @ all[b]
sureb0y:

1. Asked for my doc: and I gave him. It took him about 45secs before he asked me d question and he was just looking at the system.
2. Stood right infront of him and my hands was on the slab.I would say I didn't really stammer or sounds too intimidating.
3. The person before me was approved. I don't really know buh seems I'm among the first 6. No second chance @ all[/b]
sureb0y:

3. The person before me was approved. I don't really know buh seems I'm among the first 6. No second chance @ all. How do I strenghten my case. Don't really understand it boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by wowchild22: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2016
My brother, they stopped me at cms too and they checked all my documents but at last they confirmed that i was actually going for an interview so they let me go, we were even laughing and gisting and they all wished me good luck. about 5 of them. Thats when i knew that it would be a good day. for a Nigerian police to wish you good luck without dropping something, I shock.
sunnypastic:
Finally am here with my testimony special thanks be to almighty God the one on the throne.
I want to start by narrating the ugly experience I had with some criminals called Nigeria Police at CMS immediately I alighted at CMS I decided to take Okada as there was no time on my side as the Okada man who carried me was about to enter the road leading to Victoria Island I was double-crossed by some non-uniformed four men and asked the Okada man to pack his byke. Guess what? Their target was me. They requested me to come down from the byke which I did. Next thing I heard is we are Police can we aee your file I gave to the my well packaged envelops.They started asking me all sorts of rubbish questions when they were scanning through my documents. I pleaded them that I don't have time for all these questions as my interview was scheduled for 7:15am hmmmm I felt momentarily sick but suddenly God's wisdom enveloped me and I quickly sighted a soldier passing on the other side of the road I immediately ran to him explaining my conditions as God will have it he listened across the road with me and confronted the quadruple idiots called Police initially they started brandishing there ID card that they are Nigeria Police. After the Officer finished listening he ordered them to bring all my documents for his sake which they did and I carefully went through it and confirmed if they were complete and collected my passport from one of their most irrational idiots thanked the soldier man very well boarded the same Okada that was stand by and left. God will continue to bless Nigeria army as they care for the Citizens
Finally the interview here
SUN: Good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: Please your passport
SUN: Quickly passed it to her
VO: What is your study programme?
SUN: Am going in pursuit of Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering.
VO: Of what benefit is it to your work.
SUN: It is a research course on Computational Fluid Dynamics which is needed in my company series of inviscid flow analysis and solution
(At this point she was just nodding her head for my mind I be like say this woman don enter my boat finally)
VO: Who is sponsoring?
SUN: I quickly replied my elder brother
VO: She started typing fast and furiously for up to one minutes that looked like one hour my ears were itching for good news already and suddenly she singled out a paper and said your visa has been approved go to your designated centre for collection. Thank you
SUN: Thank you too.

Please if you are going to the US Embassy Okada is the worst mistake you will make to enter because it seems they work hand in hand with the Police. If you not driving or not going with a Cab it is safer to enter a bus.
Get yourself prepared from home by arranging document well also don't listen to all those miscreants at the embassy be yourself and be confident and you will get it.

I declare today and days to come for those who are going for theirs from this family and thread that God will give them the glorious victory in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:
Emirate plane crashes today (thankfully no casualties reported yet) ........... God please go with your people
There sha be no plane crash affecting our people. Safe journey mercies to everyone here .....

Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by AshBammy(f): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Wow...Amen o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 03, 2016
LagosismyHome:

It is possible to apply again but if the time is too close to i20 then it best you defer it

Regarding your specific comments below, i have not made an application in years so cannot answer
CC Walspring or others . Does anyone know the answer to above ?

Thanks a lot for this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by endowedlee: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
Amen oo... Emirates cooperate with my star ooo lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by akins2016: 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Sleekyomon:
Good morning everyone......anyone going to Ohio?
Yes I am. Where in ohio are you going? Which school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2016
yorubadboy1:

Let's give thanks to God bro. Am so happy for you. I told you, you gonna get it. Bless up. Align with me asap. Make we pop bottles. U know na grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by malory84: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
My people,pls i have an issue i need clarification on.My passport expires 2017 May and I already have my visa in it. Is it possible to renew it before travelling? I am looking at the cost of going to Atlanta /NYC when it expires. My concern is I will have a new passport number,hope it won't affect the old one I have my visa stamped.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by bdemix(m): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
Lol, Fear don dey catch uu... grin
endowedlee:
Amen oo... Emirates cooperate with my star ooo lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by OluDare01(m): 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2016
masquellett:

Let's give thanks to God bro
. Am so happy for you. I told you, you gonna get it. Bless up. Align with me asap. Make we pop bottles. U know na grin
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by masquellett(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
OluDare01:

grin

grin grin grin

Cc: walspring wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 by Motoshor(m): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
OluDare01:
339 When was that? GTB 355 Stanbic 350 Mind you the rate dey change like APC
That was Monday last week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (402)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.